Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 3 of 48[ 1897 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 48  Next

Re: NG7: The Nullification Game (Q&A Phase)Topic%20Title

Emma's eyes avoided Helios's as he turned to her. "...there are vaccines for Blight-X and Y, but...I'm not sure one for Z exists. It was only a theoretical disease until now, after all. But if Null thinks there is a possibility some of us will survive, that must mean they know of a cure, right?" She asked uncertainly, looking towards the speaker.
Signature loading, please wait...

hi

"This...this is all just some joke, r-right? There's no way..." Violet started shaking and hugging her shoulders. "Th-This can't...I don't...I DON'T WANNA DIE!" She suddenly shouted, falling to her knees on the floor.

"There is a vaccine for Blight-Z." Null confirmed, ignoring the ongoing commotion. "I do not wish for anyone to die, there simply isn't enough to save all of you."

The silence in the air was palpable.

“...how do we get a vacinne?” The dirty woman spoke up.

“They can be obtained in various ways. In short, go through the doors--there’s been a trial designed for each one of you. Each trial will reward at least one vaccine. Participating in a trial can put your life on the line, but is necessary if you wish to have a chance of obtaining one.”

Null stopped for a while, then continued. “There’s an additional note about the vaccines. Due to differences in immune systems, the vaccines required of an adult and child are different.”

“...different?” Violet asked between sobs.

A child requires two adult vaccines to be fully cured. Alternatively, they can use one child vaccine.

“Interesting.” Adriana said in a tone that suggested she didn't found it anything but. “What about a child vaccine? Can that cure two adults?”

“No.” Null was blunt. “However, it can cure one.”

Albert nodded. “So in short, a child vaccine cures a child or adult. An adult vaccine cures an adult. Two adult vaccines cure a child.”

1000% Knight

"If you don't want any of us to die, why the fuck did you infect more of us than there are vaccines?! Why did you infect us to begin with? WHY THE FUCK IS ANY OF THIS HAPPENING?" The big guy is pretty clearly losing the fight against his temper.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

"I'm sorry. Please reword your question." Null cordially responded.

1000% Knight

The man flipped the bird at the direction of the voice.

Gettin' Old!

Bradley sat letting his legs swing over the edge of the balcony as he listened to the voice.

"So there's not enough vaccines for all of us. Are all of us infected? Ghost didn't seem to feel the symptoms earlier on." He asked calmly as he got up he walked over to the bannister and slid down it to the bottom floor.

"When will you let us out of here?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

ASCEND

"Th-This is outrageous!" Helios shouted, not paying much attention to the others. "Please, Miss Null, I urge you to reconsider!"

He looked up at the speaker and shook his fists vigorusly. "Won't you think of the children?!"
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Please press the buttons on the side of your watch."

Everybody did so. A digital clock appeared.

“7:30…” Bradley thought. “Hmmm…”

Beep.

“It says ‘7:29’ now." Bradley's eyes widened.

"That timer started at NINE hours, from the initial point of infection." Null's voice somehow sounded colder. "When the timer hits ZERO minutes and ZERO seconds, the button next to the number NINE door will activate. Anyone can press the button to open the door from that point onwards, but the door will only open once, and will only remain open for NINE seconds."

Shy guy

"Wh-what... this all makes no sense!" Ghost cried, clutching their head in their gloved hands. "What proof do we even have that you're telling the truth? Emma said the disease was only hypothetical! I bet you just gave everyone the common cold to trick them!"

"...can we really afford to doubt them now, though?" Emma said grimly. "We apparently have wasted over an hour of our time already, and we have even less time if we consider how the disease might prevent some of us from functioning properly before it kills us. At the very least, we'll have to go along with what they're saying if we want to get more clues about our situation."

She looked towards the speaker. "How can we go through the doors?"

"The first step to getting through a door is to [elect a leader]. The rest will take care of itself."

ASCEND

Hearing this, Helios quickly refocuses attention. He takes a few quick breaths, fixes his hair, and regains his usual, confident composure.

"A-And how exactly will we do that?" Helios asked, "I hope it's less complicated than our usual system, at least."
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

“Allow me to explain.” Null started. “As stated earlier, the number on your bracelet is the value of your vote.”

Spoiler: Voting Rules
When a decision comes down to a group vote, votes can be cast with bracelets.

Votes worth 1.5 - Bradley, Violet.
Votes worth 1 - Everybody else.

-You can place your vote for any option you wish.
-You can also use your vote to nullify someone else’s vote, or nullify a vote going towards a certain option.

Example:
-Helios has 2 votes on him. Bradley doesn't want Helios to win, but doesn't necessarily want to vote for another candidate. So Bradley can deduct 1.5 Helios's total of 2.

“So the child votes are worth 1.5…” Adriana grinned. “Like the electoral college? Clever.”

“Yeah. That’s the word I was thinking of.” Helios muttered.

1000% Knight

"And the leader decides who goes through which doors?" The man asks, finally managing to get out a sentence without an expletive.

"You will be told how it's done when the leader is elected. But it would be reasonable to assume it's something like that."

Gettin' Old!

Bradley looked at the watch and the door, a peculiar look of excitement on his face. "Ok then! So we should probably put forward votes for leaders now right? Can we vote for ourselves?" He asked.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"So we won't get an explanation of how the leaders work until we elect one...what about the rooms? Can you explain how they will work?"

"I cannot. I suggest you all wait until you're out of questions before electing a leader. Whenever you wish to proceed is up to you all."

[And yes you can vote for yourself]

Shy guy

"Well, at least this will be democratic..." Ghost said wearily. "No-one will be comfortable with me as a leader and we shouldn't put a burden like this on children, so that leaves us with six options. Any volunteers? I don't think we should spend too much time on this, given the... circumstances."

Gettin' Old!

"I-it's just choosing rooms right? I don't mind being a leader for that." Bradley piped up hearing that Ghost was immediately willing to discount them. "We don't have too much time anyway so since we don't know what's fully involved we can't really discuss it much anyway...I think" he finished "I suppose everyone should ask their questions though."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

"I would be proud to continue leading this fine group! And as I've been in elected office before, you can all trust me to do my best!" Helios predictably added, "Though, of course, if anyone wishes to voice any more, uhh...concerns, they should do so first."

hi

After a few moments, Violet stood up. "I think I already made it clear that I am not a kid. I can choose who goes in the doors just fine on my own." She folded her arms, trying to put on a stoic face.

1000% Knight

"The kids have more power in their votes anyway. If one of them wants to lead, maybe we should let them," the burly man shrugged.

"...From the way the polls are, it might be better for Mr. Tesla if he got used to losing elections now."

Happy Maria

“H-holy shit… I’m about to die? What the actual fuck?!”, Albert screams in despair. “This isn’t fair! E-everyone already hates me here, they’ll leave me to die for s-sure!”

After shrieking about it for a while more, Albert finally calms down enough to think about the leaders. “W-well, I guess the kids have the power here in this case… I d-dunno who to really trust here yet, but I guess they can choose. I’m willing to go with whatever they’re going for. The sooner the better, considering that we’re all ticking time bombs over here.”

Adriana sighed as she closed her compact and put it back in her purse. "Quit your mewling, please. It helps nothing and we're wasting time, if what Dr. Montin has said is true." she said to Albert. "By my count, we need ten adult vaccines to cure everyone, or eight adult vaccines and one child vaccine, or six and two."

"Similarly, we have a total of ten votes. If there are only two options for leader, then deducting your vote is the same as voting for the other option. If there are more than two options for leader... well... things get a bit more complex." she said, matter-of-factly. "Because there are vote values that total 10, I expect ties may naturally occur. How do those resolve themselves, Ms... Null, was it?"

"Oh, and also, we shouldn't try to take Ghost's suit off until we have more information." she hastily added.

Happy Maria

“Why shouldn’t we? Because Hazzy could be infected with this ‘Blight Z’ thing?” Albert scoffs. “He’s still super suspicious, like we said. How can we give him the advantage of surviving over us just like that? …Though I guess for now there’s no actual way to remove it, huh”, he sighs. “A-anyway, anyone wanna be the leader now? Might as well speak up now if we wanna move things along.”

"It's the opposite-- Ghost clearly isn't infected with Blight-Z-- he even said he felt fine." Adriana replied. "And Null already said that there isn't enough to cure all of us. That means that creating another person to cure by exposing them to Blight-Z creates one more person that would want the vaccine. That is... counter... to what I assume to be all our goals."

"But keep an eye on him regardless." she hastily added.

Happy Maria

“Yeah, that’s what I meant- if he takes that suit off, he could be infected with it”, Albert explains. “B-but I guess you have a point. The less vaccines we waste, the better… Though yeah, even if we assume that he’s somehow being set up, I think not getting infected is still pretty fishy… I guess I’ll keep an eye out for now.”

Shy guy

"Well... if Bradley and Violet are feeling up to it, they're coping with this situation well! That's good to hear. Sorry, I won't get in your way anymore," Ghost said, hands held up in defeat.

"As for me, look at it this way. I'm not infected, and I'm in a suit that means I can't be. But I was still put in with the rest of you. I must be here to help! Even when the sickness is getting you down, I'll do my best to support you all."

ASCEND

"Listen, everyone," Helios said, "If people don't want me leading them, that's okay. This isn't the election I'm worried about. But our lives are on the line here, and I'm not trusting mine to people who aren't even legally allowed to vote yet! Yes, we know little about what the leader actually has to do, but shouldn't that be a reason to think more carefully about our choice instead of throwing our votes to the first person who speaks up?"

hi

"Shut up! It's not like you could be better leader." Violet snapped. "Anyways, I'm the one who figured out the anagram, so I should be the leader."

Happy Maria

"Y-yeah, kid's actually kinda smart, thinking about it", Albert admits begrudgingly. "You don't have to be of voting age to be reliable, or be a politician. In fact, it's kind of the opposite", he jokes nervously. "Anyway, I'm ready to vote for her if everyone else is fine with it."

"So I guess we're done with the questions for now..." Emma said. "I would like to know more about what the leader role entails before choosing one, but we need to move on...I suppose I could be fine with choosing Violet. She and Bradley do have the power to sway the votes if the rest of our votes are too divided anyway."

ASCEND

Southern Corn wrote:
"Y-yeah, kid's actually kinda smart, thinking about it", Albert admits begrudgingly. "You don't have to be of voting age to be reliable, or be a politician. In fact, it's kind of the opposite", he jokes nervously. "Anyway, I'm ready to vote for her if everyone else is fine with it."

"Are you kidding me?" Helios said, his eye twitching. "This decision is a little more important than choosing the captain of the local Spelling Bee team, you know. And I'm not even saying you should vote for me, since apparently the tin foil hat wearers in mass media have already left their mark across your entire cerebral cortex. I'm just pointing out that maybe we should be putting our actual lives in the hands of someone with a college degree, at the very least."

"Personally, if I were to nominate someone I'd choose Miss Montin, if she were up to it. After all, she's shown herself to at least have some knowledge of what we're up against."

Happy Maria

"Like, there's a difference between a spelling bee and solving that clusterfuck of an anagram, man", Albert retorts. "Isn't like, the point of the leader to just choose the rooms? You don't need a college degree to do that shit. ...Though, if everyone else is fine with voting for Emma instead, I'd be fine with it as well. Just that Violet's, er, unbalanced vote might change things up here."

Gettin' Old!

Bradley's scathing red eyes narrowed as he examined Helios "Well if Violet wants to do it then she has my vote. I think she's smart enough. She solved that first big challenge after all, which people with 'college degrees' couldn't do." He added pointedly before looking over to Violet and giving her a thumbs up.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Albert glances towards Bradley. "W-well, with him voting for her, she'll probably vote for herself too. So at this point it's kind of unstoppable, I guess. Alright then... guess I'm voting for Violet as our leader now or something", he sighs anticlimactically.

ASCEND

"As far as I can recall, we were never explicitly told that the leader only chose the rooms. Just that we'd learn about the rooms after the leader was chosen," Helios explained, "Which is precisely why we should be careful. All we know for certain about what we're getting into is that it could easily lead to all nine of us biting it."

Emma turned to Helios. "I'd be fine with being the leader...if I had a chance to get elected, that is. We need to hear what everyone else is thinking too."

"Also, how exactly do we vote? Should we just state who we want to vote for?" The question seemed to be directed towards Null.
Page 3 of 48 [ 1897 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 48  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus