Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 22 of 48[ 1897 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 48  Next

Re: NG7: The Nullification Game (Timeline C1)Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Bradley sniffled and gently tugged on the edge of Midge's skirt eager to get away "The smell...it's making me sick" he said quietly eager to leave
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Shy guy

"Still... such a horrific sight. What did they all even do to deserve this?" Ghost wailed, unable to look at the scene any longer. Their hazmat suit probably meant the fumes didn't affect them, but they followed after the others regardless, glad of a reason to leave. "E-even Violet... th-this is bad. Really bad. We need to start finding those vaccines, before anything else can happen..."

"Um, s-so, yeah, m-maybe sharing what we all found will help. Midge covered everything in our room. Who has the medicine now? Or did we leave it in there?"

"It... it might be in our room..." said Adriana, her face still pale. "At least, we will have the next challenge, I think. We need a key-- might've been the one from our room, or it might require another key. Also... there was a FBI badge number we were never able to find."

Gettin' Old!

Moving away from the flaming room, Bradley scooped up Einstein into his arms who affectionately licked his tears away "*sniff* Ghost...he was able to read medical language that we couldn't understand so he's probably a doctor or something. A-a-also the person with cancer was apparently dead from as far as Ghost could tell since the cancer looked really bad." he paused to give Einstein a cuddle "He didn't want to tell us anything else about the person though. Felt we should respect their privacy"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Adriana paused. "Was there any other info about the person with Stage 4 cancer? Age? Gender? Physical characteristics?"

Gettin' Old!

Bradley shot a scathing glare at Ghost through tear-filled eyes "You'd need to ask him. He wouldn't tell us."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"Well, it's like I said. We should respect their privacy," Ghost said stubbornly. "No matter how many times you ask, you won't get anything from me now."

Ghost then turned to Adriana. "Did you try the '6' key that was going around?"

Adriana shrugged. "No-- we sent it to you all before we discovered our trial's keyhole, so we didn't get a chance to try to use that key."

The group headed back to the hospital room first to get the medicine. It was oddly cold.

"There's a freezer in here?" Helios asked.

“The freezer’s locked. We were never able to open it.” Ghost explained.

Adriana picked up a handheld laser cutter from the counter. "And this is broken...?"

“Yup."

Adriana flipped a switch on it, and a whirring noise could be heard. She looked at the other team. "You need to turn it on first."

Midge blushed. "Well, I swore we did. We probably just warmed it up for you."

Adriana headed over to the freezer, targeting the laser at the slit between the door frame and where the lock would be. It was a quick slice.

"I'm gonna open it. You guys ready?"

"You don't need to ask." Emma shivered. "Just open it."

Adriana pulled on the handle. Almost immediately, the room got significantly colder. The freezer was at very abnormally low temperatures. Staying inside too long would certainly result in death.

Spoiler:
There seemed to boxes of various medical waste stacked up and organized throughout the freezer. But the most telling feature of all was the dead body in the middle of the room. It was clearly a woman’s body, missing her head.

The cold must’ve stopped the blood flow, but the cut itself was clean. She looked...almost like a piece of art, just on display. The horror was unlike the others that had been witnessed, this was sight was one that chilled to the bone.

Who the hell is she...?

Shy guy

Ghost stumbled backwards at the sight, slipping over and landing with a heavy flood. "Wh-wh-wh-wh-wh... What's going on here?" they cried, staring at the sight. "Who's she? And what... oh dear... N-Null, perhaps?" they babbled, unable to think particularly straight.

ASCEND

Helios looked away from the corpse, shivering violently, perhaps not just because of the temperature.

"I d-don't know... Maybe we should search it for something that might identify them? W-Would anyone even be up for that?"
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Adriana walked past them to inspect the unheaded woman. "At least this one doesn't..." she choked back a gag. "...smell..."

As she started to circle the body, she mused, "Still, this one does seem... personal. Whatever set off that fire in Ted's and the others' room might have been an accident. But you have to really hate someone to take off their head..."

Adriana shrugged placatingly at the others. "... I would think." She glanced back at the frozen woman and said, "Sorry about this." before patting her down as best she could.

The woman was wearing a simple gown. It seemed almost like a hospital gown, but it could’ve just as easily been inexpensive nightwear. There were no pockets, and she wore nothing underneath so searching her was trivial.

There was nothing on her.

Gettin' Old!

Bradley was fortunately not the first in the freezer and hearing the others talk about what was in there opted to hang back and pet Einstein instead of traumatising himself more.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"So, who's this then? Am I supposed to do DNA tests or something to get what this means?"

Midge doesn't need to dry her eyes this time, she just shakes her head with contempt. "So Null killed this poor woman, then, right? And then hid her identity for some reason. I assume this is just one of the puzles prepared for us."

She backs away from the freezer and shivers, "I'm done here. I don't know anything about her."

Gettin' Old!

Bradley frowned looking over the rest of the room, something on the edge of his mind. "M-maybe they put something inside the body? This operating table should work." he muttered quietly.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Midge stops short, laughing sardonically to herself, "Nice thinking, dude."

She turns to everyone, "Bradley's right, we gotta try that. Does anyone else have anything we need to check out before we start hacking people open, though?"

"We haven't checked if the 6 key works on the lock in our room yet." Emma replied. "I think that's much more likely to give us something useful than digging around a corpse. We can always come back here if we don't find anything."
Signature loading, please wait...

Shy guy

"I... have to agree with that. The vaccines have to take priority, anyway," Ghost said, already moving away from the freezer. "Oh, but while we're here, don't forget the fever medicine! Midge can get it, I just want to put this all behind me..."

Midge chuckles, patting Ghost on the back, "Gotcha, sure."

(Midge administers the medicine to everyone assuming she's capable of doing so.)

"Anyway, last we had it, we gave the key to Einstein to give to Helios, so maybe that's where it's at. We should go try it out, yeah. After that, we should hack up the corpse though."

ASCEND

"I-Is that so?" Helios said, still shivering. "W-Well, I don't recall getting it, so perhaps Einstein still has it. Oh well, I'm sure everything will work itself out..."
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

The room they entered looked just like the Oval Office. The blue carpet, wooden floor, flags, couches, clock, bookshelf, fireplace. And of course, the desk. The only real difference was that there were no windows, replaced by blast doors instead.

On the desk, there was a small keyhole beneath a document that looked like The Constitution. It read 'THE ACHIEVER'.

Einstein dropped the '6' key on the floor. Helios daintily picked up the slobber covered object and attempted to put it in the keyhole.

It didn't work. He didn't get shocked, but the key simply didn't fit. Perhaps it was meant for another room...

ASCEND

"Huh?" Helios exclaimed, looking skeptically at the end of the key. "That's strange. No one else saw any strange keyholes, right?"

A grim look passed over his face. "Unless... this key was meant to be used in Mr. Bianchi's room..."

Shy guy

"Oh dear... I think that's likely," Ghost said morosely. "Um... perhaps I could have a look in there? My suit would protect me." Saying this, they reached a hand out to Helios expectantly to take the key.

"And I suppose no one here has any idea what the FBI badge number we need could be, right?" Emma asked. "Seems like we'll have to listen to Bradley's earlier suggestion after all..."
Signature loading, please wait...

Shy guy

Even through the suit, the others could see Ghost shudder at the suggestion. "Please, let's... not. Not unless we have no alternatives."

"I don't know anything about an FBI number, though. Could that be in the vault too? Though... any documents that might have had it would have burned up in that fire."

ASCEND

"Ah, good thinking, Ghost!" Helios said. He then attempted to toss the key to Ghost fancifully and, by some miracle, didn't miss. Helios seemed exceptionally proud of himself for that.

Shy guy

"Hey, thanks Helios!" Ghost responded, clutching the key in a gloved hand. "Maybe you deserved this room after all. Is there anything else of importance in here, before we head for the vault?"

Ghost headed into the vault first. After some time, he came back out.

"I don't think there will be an issue. It seems to have been some time since the fires were extinguished." Ghost nodded.

"What about the key?" Bradley asked, still shivering slightly over the headless woman.

"There was a keyhole in the room, and it fit. I believe the apparatus was trying to shock me, but it couldn't because of my gloves. Either way, we should exercise caution because I think this trial is intended for a certain person to activate."

The group stepped inside.

It seemed the main area used to be an office of some kind. There were filing cabinets, desks, chairs, and some small machinery. The fire ravaged most of it.

"Ah, the vault!" Emma gasped, seeing it closed. "I could've sworn it was open when we first checked in here."

"I think it was closed due to the emergency procedures." Ghost theorized. "I tried to open it, but the keypad was busted."

The group looked around. There was still some tatters of clothes, blood, and bits of burnt flesh around...it wasn't pleasant.

"I'm surprised this survived though..." Midge grunted. She was indicating two desks with a chair at each, facing across from each other. Each desk had a monitor, and there was a keyhole at the point where the two desks touched.

The monitors read "THE LOYALIST".

"Ah so maybe we can open these desks or something. Let's go for it. I can put the key in if y'all want," Midge says, and as she does so she scrutinizes the desks.

ASCEND

"The Loyalist?" Helios said, "As in the people who supported Britain during the Revolution? I wonder who that's meant to apply to..."

"Before we insert the key though," Helios hastily added when Midge inserted the key. "Perhaps we should discuss the other things we found in the Oval Office." He lifts up a strange container about the size of a shoebox. "Such as this box, for instance..."

Shy guy

"The loyalist... Could that refer to Adriana?" Ghost suggested.

"A box? What's so special about a box? I think we have more important things to be worrying about right now," Ghost then said, gesturing emphatically to the keyhole.

ASCEND

"Well, if I don't bring it up now, it might never be brought up," Helios said. He held the box sideways to show off the top of the box, which read: "Do not open. Please Return to Tyrell Hodges."

"Tyrell Hodges is an executive of SkyTech. Some of you might have heard of it... It's a big tech conglamerate that's known for its innovative ideas."

Putting the box aside, Helios added, "There was also a butterfly in there... I think it refers to the Butterfly Effect, which I think is some scientific time travel theory which we probably don't have time to talk about right now."

"Haven't we been talking about what we still need to check for a while, and you only just brought out this box? You're killing me!" Midge musea, leaning over the desk, her hair hanging down in from of her.

"Anyway I know about the butterfly effect, yeah. Maybe it's because Tyrell Hodges invented time travel or something, and that thing is some sort of canary in the coal mine or something. It's probably from the future."

Shy guy

"The Butterfly Effect? Actually... that reminds me of Scrabble," Ghost said, suddenly putting aside their previous reservation and leading into a small speech. "In Scrabble, players take it in turns making words from the letters they've got in their racks, 7 letters in total. Like the anagrams Null seems so fond of. Anyway, what makes it interesting is that words can only be built off of previously placed words. If I start with 'BEGIN', the next player could place 'ITCH' off of the 'I'. But if I lead with 'BEGAN' instead, the next player might end up with 'ARCH', thus meaning what would have been a 'T' is now an 'R'. All of the early decisions affect the way the game plays out in the future. Even a small change in the very first word, the difference between "DIG" and "DOG", could result in an entirely different endgame boardstate, with an entirely different winner. Such is the Butterfly Effect, where a small deviation in the past can create wildly differing and unknown futures."

ASCEND

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Haven't we been talking about what we still need to check for a while, and you only just brought out this box? You're killing me!" Midge musea, leaning over the desk, her hair hanging down in from of her.

"Believe me, I wanted to bring it up earlier," Helios replied, "But whenever I was about to, stuff kept uhh... coming up..."

"In any case, beyond the badge database on the laptop, that's everything we found. And it seems Ghost has explained the matter with the butterfly well enough..."

"I've never felt so anxious and bored at the same time. Am I going to be okay? How far am I down the wrong path?" Midge mumbles, her hand up to her face.

She stares down at the desks. For a little while longer, her eyes wide.

"Anyway if you're done yucking, let's get on with this," she says with a quiet laugh, unlocking the desk.

"Well, should we talk about this box?" Helios scratched his chin.

"It does say 'do not open'." Ghost noted.

"Hmm...." Helios placed it on one of the tables next to him. "Just...for now."

Adriana walked over to the desk, inserting the key.

"Hello. Adriana."

"..."

"..."

"Yes?"

"The monitor changed." Emma pointed.

Spoiler:
Players: Adriana and Helios

Rules:
Each player starts with 3 points. They each choose between Ally or Betray. Just once.

The game will start when both players sit down in the chair.
Code:
              Ally            Betray
Ally          +3              +6/-3

Betray       -6/+3            +/-0

Rewards:
9 points = 2 vaccines
6 points = 1 vaccine
3 points = 0 vaccines
0 points = Death

"We don't have to start the trial immediately then." Emma breathed a sigh of relief.

"Want to discuss a strategy?" Helios asked Adriana.

"Sure. I just need some time to think."

"Alright then. I'll return to the Oval Office for now...it's a much better place to wait around than in here." His nose wrinkled at that comment, and he walked out.

"I kind of want to go to the Oval Office too." Bradley whimpered. "I don't like it here."

"Well we could go to the diner?" Emma suggested.

"We should go to the Oval Office too." Midge offered. "Now's not really the time to be splitting up from each other. Plus you never know that creep's gonna do."

The group headed to the Oval Office, until the two players were ready for the trial. They also brought the box with them in case they decided to disregard the instructions on the top.

Midge swings her arms a little, anxiously. "So let's talk you guys through this. We all need the vaccines. The most you guys can get here is two. It's important you guys get those vaccines. If either of you hit betray it's murder, okay? It's not self defense, it's straigt-up murder, and it can only be prosecuted as such."

She scrutinizes the faces of the others and nods to herself, as if agreeing to her own words.

Shy guy

"But without someone picking Betray, we'll be down a vaccine and someone extra will die anyway," Ghost said, arms crossed. "We probably need to be pragmatic about this. With only one vaccine, 4 die. With two, 3 die. Maybe the ACHIEVER trial, if we can even access that, has more vaccines, but can we take the risk? If we can only get 2 vaccines at most from that trial anyway, the point still stands. We can't save everyone. Some here are fated to die. The best we can do is maximise the survivor count."
Page 22 of 48 [ 1897 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 48  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus