Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 4 of 95[ 3796 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 95  Next

Re: Danganronpa F7: Die on a Hill (Prologue)Topic%20Title

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
Great Dragon blinks a few times as Ryleigh shown off her ability to lift up girls. He shakes his head before he look towards Roxie who have busted onto the scene.

"That's a interesting choice of colors for your hair, Roxie! It really gives you that fiery aura!" Great Dragon exclaimed, completely forgetting about his loud voice. "Dios mío! This is quite a interesting group of folks we have here..."

"I don't know what that Italian crap you just said was, but thanks, I guess." Roxie replied.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"Oh..." Adel sighed, looking disappointed.

He dropped his head for a moment, before looking back at Roxie. "But I don't have a camera..."

"Jeez, pal. Are you thick or something?" Roxie asks. "I'll put it in simpler terms. Stop fucking staring at me, ya perv! Go get your rocks off somewhere else!"

Akkordian wrote:
"Why?" Ryleigh shrugs, "Do I really need a reason to think you're cute? I just do."

Not seeing the issue, Ryleigh looks around, trying to spot the source of the loud thud and shouting she barely noticed, until she spots Roxie and the small crowd of fellow contestants. She lets out a gasp, bounding over to the foul-mouthed girl, still carrying Tsubasa effortlessly in her arms.

"Your hair is so pretty! And I like your jacket! Are you like, a biker or something?"

"You're close. I'm not a biker, but I am part of a gang." Roxie says, cracking her knuckles and grinning.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Ah... um, t-thanks then..." Tsubasa mumbled, eyes lowered. "U-um, y-you too... c-cute... I think..."

And then she squeaked as Ryleigh ran off to see Roxie. Guess she's just along for the ride now.

"H-hi..." she waved weakly to the brazen woman.

Her grin quickly faded when Tsubasa spoke up.

"Gah!" She exclaimed. "Is that a fuckin' ghost you're carrying?! That thing just talked!"

Akkordian wrote:
Ryleigh's brain finally catches up to the rest of her as she looks from Roxie back to Tsubasa, looking genuinely surprised, a slight hint of blush overtaking freckled cheeks.

"You really think that I'm cute too?"

"Er, s-sure, yeah, w-what you said..." the Gamer responded quietly, swinging her legs a little. "I-I mean, we pretty much j-just met but... i-is that okay...?"

Joker wrote:
Her grin quickly faded when Tsubasa spoke up.

"Gah!" She exclaimed. "Is that a fuckin' ghost you're carrying?! That thing just talked!"

Okay, that she heard. "N-no... I just d-don't go out much..." Tsubasa answered lamely.

"Oh, uh, you remind me of a, um, friend I have too," Devin says to Roxie, chewing on the thought. "Seems like we walk in some similar circles. Granted, you're from like the greatest cultural center on this side of the globe and I'm from Ohio, which is Hell on Earth."

"Also I don't think this sweater kid is a pervert, he's just, uh, simple?" Devin tries her best to read Adel's expression but in the end can't get much out of it. "Actually nevermind, I don't know. Sorry I said anything maybe that was problematic."

Remember us.

Joker wrote:
"You're close. I'm not a biker, but I am part of a gang." Roxie says, cracking her knuckles and grinning.

"So cool..."
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Er, s-sure, yeah, w-what you said..." the Gamer responded quietly, swinging her legs a little. "I-I mean, we pretty much j-just met but... i-is that okay...?"

"Why would it not be okay?" At this point it's pretty clear that Ryleigh is not a person too concerned with things like boundaries.

Sleeping is my life.

Joker wrote:
"I don't know what that Italian crap you just said was, but thanks, I guess." Roxie replied.

Great Dragon was taken aback by what Roxie just said. He narrows his eyes at her, clearly annoyed by this.

"It's Spanish." He corrected Roxie.

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Oh, uh, you remind me of a, um, friend I have too," Devin says to Roxie, chewing on the thought. "Seems like we walk in some similar circles. Granted, you're from like the greatest cultural center on this side of the globe and I'm from Ohio, which is Hell on Earth."

"Also I don't think this sweater kid is a pervert, he's just, uh, simple?" Devin tries her best to read Adel's expression but in the end can't get much out of it. "Actually nevermind, I don't know. Sorry I said anything maybe that was problematic."

"I-I don't think I'm a pervert, either," Adel meekly stated. "I just like accessories and stuff like that, I guess...er, is that what a pervert is..?"

fella

Ruby turned to Adel, beaming at him.

"A pervert is a guy who's, like, kinda creepy and weirdly sexual around other people," she explained, placing her hands on her hips and puffing her chest out as if she was proud of her explanation. "So... I'm sure you aren't like that, but yeah! Perfectly fine to like accessories, buddy! Like, I have this red sash around my waist! My sister knitted it for me, heh."

Collin1002 wrote:
Ruby turned to Adel, beaming at him.

"A pervert is a guy who's, like, kinda creepy and weirdly sexual around other people," she explained, placing her hands on her hips and puffing her chest out as if she was proud of her explanation. "So... I'm sure you aren't like that, but yeah! Perfectly fine to like accessories, buddy! Like, I have this red sash around my waist! My sister knitted it for me, heh."

"...Ohhh. Okay. Yeah, then I don't think I'm a pervert. I-In my opinion, anyways..."

Akkordian wrote:
Joker wrote:

"So cool..."
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

"Why would it not be okay?" At this point it's pretty clear that Ryleigh is not a person too concerned with things like boundaries.

"I-I don't know really..." Tsubasa shrugged a little. "Um, s-so... what happens next...?"

Remember us.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"I-I don't know really..." Tsubasa shrugged a little. "Um, s-so... what happens next...?"

Ryleigh also shrugs, "Beats me."

She seems pretty content, honestly, standing around, carrying the gamer girl like it's just a thing to do.

"Ah, o-okay..."

She seemed to be growing content with being carried around. Probably spends most of her time sitting and laying around anyway.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Okay, that she heard. "N-no... I just d-don't go out much..." Tsubasa answered lamely.

"Oh. Well, that's pretty lame." Roxie shrugs. It seems she doesn't have much else to say.

Doctor Nanjo wrote:

"Oh, really?" Roxie asks, raising an eyebrow. "You're not just saying that to sound cool, are you?

She then turns to face Adel. "Hmm... Not a perv, but a dumbass? I guess it's possible. There are some pretty stupid people out there..."

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
Great Dragon was taken aback by what Roxie just said. He narrows his eyes at her, clearly annoyed by this.

"It's Spanish." He corrected Roxie.

"Tacos, lasagna... What's the difference?" She asks. "It all turns to shit in the end anyways."

fella

"Heeeeeey, lasagna is the best!" Ruby exclaimed, crossing her arms and pouting. "And I make the best darn lasagna anyone will ever have!"

"I'm not stupid..!" Adel insisted. "I mean...W-Well, anyways, that's really mean of you to say..!"

BEECH

Collin1002 wrote:
"Heeeeeey, lasagna is the best!" Ruby exclaimed, crossing her arms and pouting. "And I make the best darn lasagna anyone will ever have!"

"Ah...you make me wish I could eat!...but then again..the process of eating is kind of gross..."
He started walking around again.

Sleeping is my life.

Great Dragon stares at Roxie for a few more minutes until he finally said, "To each their own."

Joker wrote:
"Oh, really?" Roxie asks, raising an eyebrow. "You're not just saying that to sound cool, are you?"

"You'll find that, if I ever do say things just to sound cool, I don't do it often enough for it to make much of a difference," Devin shrugs, "Oh well."

"I think the thing going on between the girls is like, cute and all, but maybe it's like actually really crafty? Like if they get married then it doubles their chances to win in a game scenario, since if one wins the other does as well."

"I'm just joking obviously. I don't think you guys are thinking about it that way, and certainly aren't anything serious yet, but I just think it's funny to flirt around with someone you're about to go up against as an opponent."

[Ahh! Double clicked!!]

Happy Maria

Fourteen players had introduced themselves now. That left only one. Who was this mystery person that had kept the others waiting for so long? Well, they were about to find out.

In the back, there was a man who hadn't spoken up yet. He remained silent, watching the others interact expressionlessly. His outfit certainly managed to stand out, however- he was dressed quite gaudily. He had a top hat and a very nice looking red coat, with gold on the sides which went quite well with his blonde hair. He certainly had a sense of style to him, though it made him look almost like a circus ringmaster of sorts. And also maybe a girl if you looked at him from the distance. Still, something about the man was... incredibly suspicious, to say the least. Why had he stayed silent till now? What was he waiting for? And... what were all those huge bags that he had brought with him?

After Roxanne introduced herself though, the man muttered to himself, "Well, if it's gonna happen then let it happen now..." The others weren't quite in earshot to hear him, but if they did they probably would have found it very ominous. He tipped his top hat ever so slightly, obscuring his eyes as he made his way to where the others were. He cleared his throat, ready to speak. What was this man about to say? There was something very unnerving about his demeanor till this point, for whatever reason.

And then, in a flash, all of that disappeared completely.

"Howdy!" With a flourish, the man lifted up his top hat and looked at everyone directly. Now that everyone could see his face clearly, they could see the big, dumb grin on his face, his pearly whites being almost obnoxious in how bright and polished they were. His eyes had an eager glint to them as well, clearly excited to meet everyone else. "I've gotta say, fellas, I haven't seen such a varied group of people in a single place since my high school reunion last year!" He guffawed, though it was hard to tell how serious he was. His voice had a particular oomph to it too. It was deeper than you'd expect and perhaps a bit booming but felt silky smooth in its own way, while also having a tone of friendliness to it.

"Nah, I'm just kidding, I dropped out when I was 15", he continued, shaking his head. "Never was much a fan of school... Ah, Heavens to Betsy! I almost forgot!" He put his hand to his hat again, flinching slightly. "Introductions, introductions! Can't keep the people waiting more than I already have, can I? So sorry, people! Here you are!" He reached for something and pulled out a business card so quickly that you could hardly tell where he pulled it out from. He held it up in the air for everyone to see. It read:

Quote:
Maxwell Montgomery
Expert Salesman
Supplier in Anything You Need!

Below that was an address and a few numbers.

"Now, that might be a mouthful for you pals to take in, so feel free to call me just 'Max'! It's simpler, snappier, rolls off the tongue easier... what more could you need, right?" He waved his arms excitedly as he talked, with his motions being surprisingly exaggerated. "Anyway, now ya know! I'm an honest to goodness travellin' salesman! Been roamin' round the world for ages now, selling my wares to anyone who desires 'em! Gotta say, winnin' this lottery might be the miracle I've been waitin' for! Always a pleasure to get to know your potential customers better!" He paused for a bit to stretch out his arms. "Ahhh, that's the stuff. If y'all couldn't tell, I just drove in from New York, and boy are my arms tired! Hahaha!" His laughter didn't seem quite as genuine now that they knew his occupation, and it was quite hard to believe his arms were tired as he continued waving them around. Yes, he definitely gave off a "used car salesman" vibe now that they knew. "Not that I had to do any of the driving, of course! They're just tired from all the stuff I had to bring over!"

He gestured to his bags he had taken with him here, a bit of a smirk on his face. "Now, I know what you might be thinkin', fellas. 'What's in the rucksacks, Max?' Well first off, kudos for that excellent rhyme! Was that deliberate?" He smirked. "And secondly, these are full of my goods! All the wares you could ask for are in here! What sort of stuff? Even I don't fully know! One time I found someone's toenail collection in there! I don't know whose that was even now, but you can bet your bottom dollar I still got the customer to buy it! Kinda strange that he was into that stuff, but I won't judge!" He gave a sort of comedic wink. "You fellas can always feel free to approach me if you're interested in my precious products! I'm always a sucker for a good deal after all. Even if you don't, I'll approach you instead! It's a good two-way relationship, right?" His smile seemed a bit less sincere now.

"But wait, there's more!" His voice echoed. "You see that address at the bottom of my card? That's my permanent store I've got runnin'! You guys can always come on over there for a good deal if you're ever interested! I'm sure there's somethin' for all of you, dragons and robots included! Taxesapplyandrefundswillnotbegiventhankyouforyourunderstanding", he breathed out so quickly that hardly anyone could hear it. He tipped his hat and gave a little bow, clearly quite enthused about this. "Anyway, that's abouuuut it! I've gotta say, I'm lookin' forward to playin' with y'all! Even if I don't end up winnin' this lil' contest, I'm sure I can make a net profit from this! This is sure to be the biggest blast of our lives comin' up here!" He gave a wink as he once again gestured towards the others with his trademark winning smile.

Maxwell "Max" Montgomery
Ultimate Travelling Salesman

"Hello Maxwell 'Max' Montgomery!" Woody replies. "What a coincidence, I also sell things! And by things I mean, flowers, of course." He adds. "Your shop sounds a lot cooler than mine, though."

"Oh, and hello Roxie 'Trax' Trudeau!" The florist says, addressing the graffiti artist. "Um...hm." He pauses. "No, I don't think I have anything in common with you...but your look is totally 'hella'!"

"So...That's everyone then, right?"

Shy guy

"W-well I'm like a salesman too!" Ramon said, trying not to be outdone. He was, as nonchalantly as he could, standing with as many people as possible between him and the scary graffiti girl. "Abry's is the most popular place to eat in my home town! And I like to think I, ahem, play a not-small part in that."

His eyes wandered to Rayleigh and Tsubasa. "Heeeey, that looks pretty fun! Are you strong enough to lift cute boys as well?" he asked, a goofy grin on his face.

Happy Maria

"Please, please, Max is fine!" Max insisted in response to Woody, his grin hardly wavering as he did. "I've gotta say though, it sure is refreshin' seeing more people in the sales business over here! We're a dyin' breed nowadays, y'know? Hard makin' an earning, though clearly you two must be the top of the craft to have made it here. Heck, I mighta even heard of this "Abby's" place before. You must be doin' a real good job of it if even ol' Max knows about it, eh?" He gave another one of his laughs, jovially patting Ramon on the back. "Is the food there really worth the price? Sometimes I end up goin' on trips where the only thing I eat is pot noodles, and frankly I feel like a bit of a noodle eatin' that myself! Variety's the spice of life, right, Ramen?" He flashed a smile to the man. "In a way, I suppose that's why we're all here! Tired of the ol' city life, just wantin' a bit of excitement... and money, of course. Nothin' better than it, baby!"

"H-hello..." Tsubasa waved timidly at Max from where she remained elevated. "Um... d-do you have a website? ...o-or an e-mail...? I-I don't really do the whole s-shopping in physical stores t-thing..."

Sleeping is my life.

"Mhmm... Nice to meet you, Max." Great Dragon nodded at the salesman. "If you've been traveling a lot, then you must have seen a lot of sights, sí?"

"Heeeey, Great Dragon can lift people up! It's all part of being a wrestler!" Great Dragon called out after Ramon.

Shy guy

"Ooh, ooh, can you lift one person with each arm?" Ramon asked Great Dragon excitedly.

Happy Maria

"Websites...? Emails...?" Max appeared a little confused at Tsubasa's question. After a second though, he burst into laughter again, though this time a bit more... genuine. "I've gotta say, I didn't realise I'd meet somebody so modern over here, ha! Anyway, to answer your question, I don't deal in online transactions. It's all artificial, y'know? It doesn't feel the same as it is bargaining with a customer in the flesh! Now where's the fun in that? If I just dealt in that all day long, then I'd be sitting on my fat butt gaining weight instead of going all over the world accumulating all sorts of things! No sirree, physical shopping is the way for ol' Max! Call me a bit old-fashioned if you will, but there's nothin' like it!"

He turned over to Dragon. "Why, of course, my friend! I've been all over this lil' planet and I've seen sights you can't even imagine! Though I must say, your figure isn't one of them", he added in a complimentary tone. "A man like you must be revered where you're from, right? Why, someone like you... Would be perfect for this!" He reached into his bags and pulled out a strange looking strap with a display on it. "This is one'a them famous contraptions... I forget the name, but it's a pretty recent one! It helps measure your heartbeat, how many miles you walk everyday, number of people you beat up... exercise thingamajigs! It's a pretty fancy tool that you use just by wearing it on your arm! And it can be yours for a whoppin' hundred dollars! Now doesn't that sound like a deal, friend?" He flashed his usual smile at the wrestler. "I'd say it's pretty perfect for a ripped guy like you."

BEECH

Myrion stopped wandering around to listen to the new person introduce themselves. He smiled.
"Well, hi Max, nice to meet you! I'll have to tell my Creator about your store if there are things even robots would want to buy, haha! I was advised not to discuss what my work involves but I kinda sell something too."

No other way than to make this mistake.

Luke, who had been standing in the sidelines taking in everyone's introductions, grumbles at the sudden entrance of one of the world's worst creatures, the salesman. "They really follow you everywhere, don't they..."

He looks over to Myrion to distract himself from the ranting and steps over to him, his hands in his pockets, "Hey, you know, I'm curious about something - were you made from scratch or what? Is that even possible? I can't say I've ever done anything with robots, that's for sure."

Sleeping is my life.

"Mhmm... That's quite a feat that Great Dragon could try if it was possible on wrestlers. But, Great Dragon would say no." Great Dragon replied to Ramon. "But, if you're talking about young people, such as kids... Yeah, Great Dragon can lift them up if they hold onto the arms."

He turns to Max once the salesman shown him the strap with a display on it. He looks over the contraption. "Hmmm. Interesting. Great Dragon's a little tight on money right now, but Great Dragon will think about it." The masked man replied to the salesman.

BEECH

Datamatt wrote:
He looks over to Myrion to distract himself from the ranting and steps over to him, his hands in his pockets, "Hey, you know, I'm curious about something - were you made from scratch or what? Is that even possible? I can't say I've ever done anything with robots, that's for sure."

He turned to face Luke. "Yes, I was indeed made from scratch! It took 10 tries to get to this version, but my Creator really pulled through at the end! She's exceptional when it comes to robot design, but it's definitely an expensive process."

He seems to like talking about how great his Creator is.

NIKI_4829 wrote:
Datamatt wrote:

He turned to face Luke. "Yes, I was indeed made from scratch! It took 10 tries to get to this version, but my Creator really pulled through at the end! She's exceptional when it comes to robot design, but it's definitely an expensive process."

He seems to like talking about how great his Creator is.

"Wow, 10th time's the charm I guess!" Woody responds. "I wonder how many tries it took for the universe to create me..." He mutters, his mind slowly drifting into a mild existential crisis.

Southern Corn wrote:
"Websites...? Emails...?" Max appeared a little confused at Tsubasa's question. After a second though, he burst into laughter again, though this time a bit more... genuine. "I've gotta say, I didn't realise I'd meet somebody so modern over here, ha! Anyway, to answer your question, I don't deal in online transactions. It's all artificial, y'know? It doesn't feel the same as it is bargaining with a customer in the flesh! Now where's the fun in that? If I just dealt in that all day long, then I'd be sitting on my fat butt gaining weight instead of going all over the world accumulating all sorts of things! No sirree, physical shopping is the way for ol' Max! Call me a bit old-fashioned if you will, but there's nothin' like it!"

"O-oh, r-really? Er, a-alright then..." Tsubasa stuttered. She lowered her eyes and mumbled to herself. "...M-modern? It's 203X, i-isn't it? W-who doesn't at least have an e-e-mail..."

Just another day.

Dale saw the maxwell arrive and introduce himself, he got up and politely came up to him with a smile on his face and eyes closed.

"Hello sir, would you perchance have some clean-ex on you? tissue or anything capable of cleaning a person?" " His demeanor immediately changed into disgust, sneering at the acclaimed salesman. "Then use some of that on your damn self, Dumbasses like you carry all the damn germs in the world from all over and cause all sorts of people to get sick cause you cant be bothered to clean your damn selves on the regular!" Dale walked away muttering to himself.
""And seriously who in the hell doesnt have a damn e-mail in this fuckin day in age."

Devin laughs, amused watching Max haggle with the others. Even so, she has a clear disdain for what he's trying to do, and she facepalms when she sees him take off the fitness tracking bracelet.

"You gotta wake up pretty early in the morning to trick me in to buying frivolous bullshit. If you wanna make a sale, you're probably better off going around the suburbs than bothering us, right? Whatever, do what you want I guess. I'm a salesman too and I'm not going to try and sell anybody anything because that's like the respectful thing to do to people minding their own business."

The American Dream

Chapter 1: “Give in to Temptation”

“When it comes to luck, you make your own.”
-Bruce Springsteen

“Alright, that about does it for the introductions. You’ll have more time to get to know each other very soon, I assure you,” Hugh said, opening the main door to the hotel. “Everyone, follow me, please.”

“Finally, we can get out of this damn heat,” muttered Deirdre.

“About time,” Sam said as he rushed to the front of the pack. “Sunset or not, I’m frying out here.”

The self-proclaimed “ultimates” followed the large man and Lucy into the very sleek, black doors.

Spoiler: Hotel Lobby (Hotel Floor 1)
The group entered the lobby of the Twilight Palace Hotel, which was noticeably far cooler than outside. Hugh didn’t skimp on the air conditioning, it seemed.

Immediately to the right of the main entrance was the welcome desk, which was staffed by a single orb-like robot that hung from the ceiling via thick-looking wires. It did not seem interested in conversation. In the center of the room was a very ornate fountain, spouting crystal clear water.

The lobby was very elegant, overall. The tables, chairs, and couches that were placed in various spots for guests to relax at were black in color and very sleek looking, likely to contrast the bright white color of the lobby’s walls and floor. It seemed several cleaning droids were staffed there at all hours of the day to maintain the sanitary integrity of the area. Exotic potted plants were also maintained by the robotic staff.

On each end of the lobby (north and south; the lobby entrance is westward), was an elevator, properly dubbed the “North Elevator” and “South Elevator” respectively.

Near the South Elevator was an infirmary, which was equipped with some of the most advanced on-the-spot medical equipment money could buy. There were no robots staffed here, though, and Lucy noted that the droid meant for that spot was still being debugged before being properly assigned. Also near the South Elevator were two restrooms, one for men and one for women, as well as a supply closet not far from the infirmary. Adel stared at the Mars and Venus symbols on the bathroom doors for a moment, completely mystified by their meanings.

The only things near the North Elevator were the welcome desk, the main entrance to the hotel, and the entrance to the casino, which was going to be the last part of the tour, Lucy told them. Near the casino entrance was a fish tank with some small yet elegant fish.

Hugh informed the group that both elevators are capable of going to any floor, but for the purposes of the competition, they (the contestants) would only be given access to the lobby, the second floor, and the seventh floor.

Spoiler: Staff Floor (Hotel Floor 2)
The group stepped out of the North Elevator and was greeted by a much more muted and dull-colored room, which was a pale pink. There was little in the way of furniture, aside from a large card table and a few chairs around it. A security droid was sitting at the table playing Solitaire. He was losing. On the wall behind him were loads of framed certificates with Hugh’s name on them, as well as some newspaper cutouts from newspapers known nationwide alongside smaller names, like the Rattlewater Tribune. Ryleigh and Great Dragon both took great interest in a headline that read “Hugh Stakes Named Nation Arm Wrestling Champion”, while Dale couldn’t help but scan a clipping that said “Stakes Co. Named Safest Corporation of 2025”. He muttered something about it being bullshit.

Immediately to the right (when stepping out of it) of the North Elevator was the security office, which was home to intense-looking security droids. They didn’t have faces, but they were probably not fun to be around. In the office was a help desk manned by another orb-like robot. It seemed like it was depressed and hurting inside.

Right next door to the security office was the office of Hugh Stakes himself. However, the door was locked and Hugh informed everyone around that it could only be opened by Lucy or with his own personal card key. Next to Hugh’s office were two rooms, one of which was a storage closet containing simple things like brooms, cleaning supplies, and whatnot. Next to that, was a room Hugh and Lucy would not identify or explain, simply noting that the door was locked and could not be entered.

At the end of the hall was the South Elevator, which was near a large window with an exceptional view of the Twilight Strip. Also nearby the elevator was the staff break room, which was spacious and housed a very expensive-looking kitchen, as well as a large table for staff to eat at. Though, being that the staff was 99% non-human, its existence made little to no sense, Deirdre pointed out.

Spoiler: Player Rooms (Hotel Floor 7)
Hugh brought the contestants to the seventh floor, which was home to their rooms. Each one of them was then given a card key to open their respective doors.

Room # and Player:

Left Side
701 - Great Dragon
703 - Woody Vernell
705 - Dale Fades
707 - Sam Lockmeister
709 - Adel Wagner
711 - Ramon Aki
713 - Luke Malley
715 - Max Montgomery
717 - Myrion
719 - Empty

Right Side
702 - Ruby Colyer
704 - Deirdre Durand
706 - Ryleigh Valentina
708 - Tsubasa Hirabayashi
710 - Devin Lewellen
712 - Roxie Trudeau
714 - Empty
716 - Empty
718 - Empty
720 - Empty

[“Left” and “Right” based on the viewpoint from the South Elevator]

Lucy informed the group that rooms could only be accessed by their respective occupants or herself, and sent them off to find and investigate their own rooms. They each found that there was a private bathroom, comfortable bed, and a grossly oversized television. Each room came equipped with a lovely view, too. The contestants also noticed that their closets were packed with several sets of clothing identical to their current outfits, and on their beds were exact replicas of some of their most personal or precious belongings, which Hugh said was meant to give a taste of home or to remind them why they were there.

After the tour of the lobby and the two other floors, Hugh brought the group back down to the lobby and to the doors to the casino.

“Now, everyone, are you ready to be the first people to lay eyes on my most magnificent casino?” Hugh asked the group.

“Great Dragon is always ready,” the wrestler said, flexing his pecs.

“I was born ready!” shouted Ramon. “Fate wills me to be ready for anything!”

“Let’s just get on with it,” said Devin, totally disinterested in the theatrics.

“Very well,” said Hugh. He swiped his card key into the reader next to the door, and a satisfying click was heard. “Follow me, everyone.”

Spoiler: Casino Entryway
The group was led through the main hallway, the walls of which matched the color of Hugh’s hat. The carpet was a darker crimson. Before turning the corner, however, there was a gift shop.

Spoiler: Gift Shop
Though it was unmanned, it was full of all sorts of gifts and souvenirs. Lucy said it wasn’t open for business, though, as its assigned staff member was still being debugged, much like in the case of the infirmary.

Spoiler: Trapezoid Rooms
Going through the door after rounding the corner led the group into a trapezoidal room (TR1), with two doors on opposite ends. Going through the door on the right led to a similar room (TR2), again with two doors. One was locked and was said to be for the kitchen (and that only staff could open it), and the other brought the group to another, still similar, room (TR3). That room had another locked door, which Hugh didn’t remember being there before and couldn’t open. Lucy could not access it either. Of the other two doors in the room, one led to the Main Room, and the other led to a final trapezoidal room (TR4). That room had a door that led back to the first (TR1), and a door that led to the Bingo Room.

Spoiler: Bingo Room
Described by Hugh as being his favorite room in the casino, the Bingo Room was nothing more than a bunch of tables with benches. Built into each table was a screen that displayed randomly generated bingo cards. At the far end of the room was a podium for a staff member to stand at to call out the numbers. Behind the podium was a locked door that led to a storage room. Hugh said the Bingo Room would be important later.

Spoiler: Main Room
Accessed from (TR3), this was clearly the main event. The first thing that greeted the group was a large, golden statue of Hugh, next to which was an almost-equally large slot machine. Flashing lights and jazzy music let the contestants know that they were going to be part of something interesting, to say the least.

There were also two rows of smaller, actually usable slot machines. At opposite ends (read: North and South) of the room were two different tables that were empty. Hugh said that the games for those tables would be playable at a later time and that “you can’t start off with everything unlocked, you have to build up to the good stuff!”

There was another locked door on the easternmost side of the room, which led to the storage room connected to the Bingo Room. Next to it were the bathrooms. Adel still could not figure out what the symbols meant.

The southern end of the room also had a large door with the astrological symbol for Pisces on it. Lucy went on about pointless astrological trivia for a bit when the group examined it. It was locked for now.

The western side of the room had a door that led to the bar.

Spoiler: Bar
Despite being dimly lit and smelling of sin, the bar was very much an interesting place to be. Aside from the actual bar, which had about eight or so stools surrounding it, there were also a couple of tables for patrons to sit at. The northern side had a door that led to the kitchen and was, of course, locked.

The bar itself was very impressively stocked. All sorts of liquor, from the common to the exotic, lined the entire back wall. Manning the bar was a beefy robot that looked similar to the security guards, though it was wearing a black vest and red bowtie to distinguish itself. Its name was Cups.

The walls of the bar were decorated with all sorts of band memorabilia, including a framed tee shirt for a band called “Gunned the Hostage”. The sleeves were torn, likely because Hugh tried to wear it at one point.

Spoiler: Maps

[Please do not post until the next GM post.]

The American Dream

Hugh and Lucy led the group out of the bar and back into the main room. Standing before the statue of himself, Hugh stretched out his arms and chuckled. “Well, what do you think? Pretty impressive, right?”

“It’s a waste of mo-” Devin tried saying before getting interrupted by Lucy.

“It’s finally time to actually explain how this contest is going to work!” she cheered.

Spoiler: Lucy’s Explanation
The contest is split into two parts. First, there are [Normal Games]. These games are meant to be quick ways to earn money. In the case of this first round, the [Normal Game] available to play is Slots. The way it works is that you sit down at a slot machine, and place a bet! Hopefully you get lucky and win big! More games will be added as you all progress.

The second part of the contest is the [Major Game]. Each [Major Game] is unique to the round it is played in, so that’s fun! Every player is expected to participate, unlike with [Normal Games] where you are not required to play. A [Major Game] will often be more difficult and require more strategy to successfully win. Of course, luck is always a factor in these games. This is a casino, after all. These games are a good opportunity to win much more money than usual, as well as other potential bonuses. However, some of these games may also have punishments for failure. The exception to most of this is the current round’s major game, which will be easy and simple just to show you all how it works. It may not be very exciting, but this is the tutorial round.

Oh, yes, I should explain money. Right now, you all have $1000 loaded onto your room key cards. Consider them not just your room keys, but like a debit card, too! If your account hits $0, you are removed from the game. Sorry!

Money is, of course, used to bet in games, however, it can also be used to purchase items from the Gift Shop once it opens for business next round.

Spoiler: GM Tip #1: Normal Games, Major Games, and Action Points
How to Play
Since we can’t have you all chaotically posting nonsense and trying to win money, we need to exercise a bit of control here.

Normal Games: There is a process for how to play these games. More often than not, playing one of these costs an Action Point (AP). More on those later. If you are interested in playing one, please post in your personal QuickTopic and say which one you wish to try. Currently, only slot machines are available to play. We will roll whatever numbers the game requires and post the results in your QT as well as in a GM post summary with everyone else’s results before the Major Game of the given chapter. We are keeping the real-time requests to play limited to QTs so as not make the main thread even more disorganized. Each game will have specific instructions on how to bet when it is introduced. Instructions will be explained in private when you ask to play. Not every chapter will have an opportunity to play these. Once you know the results of your Normal Game attempt, feel free to act it out in the thread when convenient for you.

Major Games: Once again, there is a process for these games, though usually all of it will take place in the main thread, as it is usually going to be the main event of a given chapter. The instructions for these games are always going to be specific to each game, so there’s not much to say here other than the fact that every player is forced to participate in these games.

Action Points: Action Points, or AP for short, are what allow you to play Normal Games. Each chapter, you will have 2 AP. For most Normal Games, 1 AP = 2 Plays. So in this chapter, one person could play Slots up to 4 times total. AP will only be permanently increased as the story progresses and more games become available, but there are… certain ways to get bonus AP. Freely role-playing obviously does not cost AP. AP not used in a chapter will not carry over into the next.

Spoiler: GM Tip #2: FTEs and Bond Points
Alright, FTEs. Since there are some newbies in this game, as well as some changes to FTEs as a mechanic, they deserve a bit of an explanation.

Free-Time Events (FTEs) are mostly what QuickTopic is used for besides alibis. In an FTE, you and one other character can have a one-on-one discussion and develop your friendship with that character. They exist mostly as a way to chat with specific characters you’re interested in without the chaos of the main thread.

“How do I get an FTE?” I hear you ask. Well, it’s pretty simple. Every chapter, you will have one free FTE request. Message us privately (either in your character DM on Discord or in your personal QT) and say who you wish to request. We’ll send a message to that character’s player and, if they accept, we will create a QT for your FTE. There is no limit to how many FTEs you can have overall. If one of the characters in an FTE dies in the main story, the FTE is over after the chapter they bite the dust in.

Unlike past games, there are no special FTE-types (yet).

Another important thing to note about FTE requests is that you can use a request to make an existing FTE permanent. Just go about requesting permanence the same way you’d go about making the FTE request in the first place. You can get more requests in ways that will be elaborated on later. FTE Requests can be held onto.

Now, for F7, we’ve added something new to FTEs: FTE Ranks. How do they work? Every FTE starts at Rank 1. You can increase an FTE’s Rank by continuing to post in it each chapter (obviously this requires it to be a permanent FTE). FTE Ranks max out at Rank 5. Every time an FTE Rank increases, both players receive 1 Bond Point (BP for short). You also get 1 BP for simply having an FTE at its initial Rank 1.

What is BP and what does it do? BP is essentially a “second currency”, if you will. Some items in the Gift Shop (and especially the Secret Shop; more on that another time) cost BP to purchase (or have items where BP can be used instead of regular money). Additionally, at the end of the game, players with leftover BP will have their BP converted into cash and added to their total. Be wise about how you use BP!

NOTE: FTE Rank will not increase beyond Rank 1 if it is not actually developed. What this means is that, if nothing happens in the FTE, or it just flat-out dies early on into its run, it will not Rank Up and there will be no BP awarded to either player aside from the 1 BP just for the FTE existing.

One more thing about FTEs… Each player has an FTE for their room. You may be wondering why since, unlike in Chapter 1 of both F5 and F6, for example, there are no roommates to share it with. Well, this is because, at various points in the story, Lucy will ask a character questions in private to determine something (this is intentionally vague). This does not mean you have a free legitimate FTE with Lucy. You can actually request a real FTE with her, though. In fact, something special might happen if you meet a set of hidden requirements and reach a certain Rank with her… For that matter, you can also request an FTE with Hugh.

NOTE: The personal Hotel Room FTE does not replace the personal QT for your character. We will still be giving alibis in that one. Posts in the Hotel Room FTE must be in-character.

That about sums up FTEs, for now. Just as a brief aside, though, in previous F games, there have been issues with things happening in FTEs, such as characters developing a romantic relationship, that never shows up in the main thread at all until one or both of them kills/dies. We’re not saying to develop every little detail in the main thread, but do your best to try to balance developments out and show growth not just in the FTEs, but also in the main thread.

Okay, that’s really it. For now.

Spoiler: GM Tip #3: Stats
Essentially, each player has 4 “stats”:

-Money
-AP
-BP
-FTE Requests

It’s important to keep track of your own numbers, but obviously as GMs we will keep that information recorded for you as well. At the end of each chapter, every player’s final stats for the chapter will be posted in a “Player Summary”.

“Did you get all that?” Lucy asked

“I… don’t get it,” Adel said bluntly.

“I didn’t understand any of that, but I’m ready to play!” Ryleigh shouted. “Woo-hoo!”

“Hmm… I wonder where she is with those drinks,” Hugh muttered to himself. “I knew I should’ve went for an all-robot staff to prevent pointless waiting like this, but… nobody makes a Bloody Mary quite like Jenny.”

“I’m sure she’s coming,” Lucy whispered to him.

[With all of that out of the way, proceed however you wish. Freely RP in any of the established locations you can access, play a Normal Game, start FTEs -- the choice is yours! You will be receiving your Hotel Room FTEs shortly. Please make sure you have read these posts thoroughly before posting.]

Chapter 1: Episode 1: Daily Life [Free Time] Start!

Last edited by WinterCoat on Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASCEND

Right as the two finished speaking, a dark-haired woman in a beautiful white dress threw the bar door open with enough force to slam it into the wall. She turned to glare at Hugh, apparently having heard his comment.

"Ya' damn right about that," she said, "And no robot can chug a bottle of snake wine and crash in a lump on the floor quite like you either. So best keep me around unless you want everyone trippin' over your sorry ass."

Her voice had a raspy quality that seemed like it would get irritating. Though she was undoubtedly attractive, she stared at the other contestants like they were a ring that spontaneously appeared on her finger after a night at the casino.

"Hmm...Ignore all that. Just a bit of workplace banter."

She slammed the door shut with the heel of her shoe and then strutted toward the contestants, all while holding a tray of drinks over her head that was painted red, black, and gold like a roulette wheel. It featured a top layer on an axle that slowly rotated in her hand as she held it. Upon reaching the others she stopped with a hand poised below her chest and the other raising the drinks.

"Good evening ladies, gentlemen, and, uh...others?" She glanced pointedly at Myrion. "The name's Jennifer Wolfe. I'm in charge of serving the drinks during the game, as well as takin' care of any problems that can't be solved by an algorithm. I'm also good at mixin' drinks, so just let me know what disgusting abomination you wanna guzzle down and I'll hook ya' up."

After a brief silence, Jenny added, "'Kay, that's all. Quit gawkin' at me."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Re: Danganronpa F7: Die on a Hill (Chapter 1)Topic%20Title

"Well spank my bottom and call me silly, this place is really swanky!" Woody exclaims, marvelling at his surroundings. "I'd never in my life thought I would be stepping into a place like this before..."

He then turns to Jenny. "Hm? Oh, I am not gawking at you! I'll have you know, my heart is already taken by someone else. In my mind she's much more beautiful than you, so please do not worry that I will make you uncomfortable in any way!"

Just another day.

Dale scoffed and wrote down his final checkmark on a clipboard he carried.
"Almost not a single problem, Ive got to hand it to Hugh, not a single infraction could I spot at this time...besides cleaning bot 487, ill see its ass scrapped if its the last thing i do..."

"Now then, Jennifer was it? if i might say one thing to you...move the gold cup slightly to your left, the cup is slightly off and will cause the plate to spill on someone, if it spilt you could cause a cup to break on the ground, the shards of glass will litter the floor, and when someone inevitably steps on the shards left behind by your incompetence it will surely leave someone no recourse but to help the unfortunate soul to the infirmery where they will inevitably bleed out...ALL BECAUSE YOU COULDNT BE BOTHERED TO PROPERLY BALANCE CUPS ON A DAMN SAUCER! thank you for taking the time to listen." he smiled and walked off to a slot machine.

Last edited by Cold52 on Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shy guy

"Yes! Oh yes, this is everything I could have dreamed of, and more!" Ramon cheered, spinning around to take everything in. Not wasting any time at all, he then immediately headed over to try out one of the slot machines, which was sure to end well.
Page 4 of 95 [ 3796 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 95  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus