Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House

Page 1 of 1[ 26 posts ]

PT-7: Tsar of Turnabouts (Day 2--Trial)Topic%20Title

In Justice We Trust

Main thread: http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11339
Investigation, Day 1: http://forums.court-records.net/court-house/tsar-turnabouts-day-investigation-t11790.html

Roles

Prosecutor: Zed Arken (Akiak)
Prosecution Aide: Zack Terrance (ArcanaFang)
Defense Attorney: Derek Waters (Matt620)
Defense Aide: (Bletz)
Detective: Marice Risk (GaleForce)
Judge: Crystal Robinson (Phantom Mark)
Richard Glinkirev (General Luigi)
Michelle Glinkirev (Taken by General Luigi until someone else applies)
Rufus Woodman (Taken by General Luigi until someone else applies)
Emily Holgar (BHX)
Dana Papadopoulou (Taken by General Luigi until someone else applies)
Virginia Wagner (Taken by General Luigi until someone else applies)
Secret Witness (Molotov)

September 19--9:48 AM
District Court
Defendant Lobby No. 9

If only because it had been more than a day since Richard had sat on anything even remotely comfortable, Richard noticed almost right after taking a seat how comfortable the couch in the Lobby was.

I wonder what Mr. Waters uncovered during his investigation... he thought. The prosecution will probably have no trouble proving that I pulled the trigger... Maybe I should have just tried to strike a plea bargain... No... If I go to prison even on something like twenty years or whatever the punishment for murder is in this case, I'll probably die before they let me out... I'll just have to trust that my defense can prove that there's something wrong here. After all, who in the right mind would shoot someone in front of over six hundred witnesses? Hah... if nothing else works, I guess that can make the case against me look at least a bit questionable...
I'll always love you, Max.
Re: PT-7: Tsar of Turnabouts (Day 2--Trial)Topic%20Title

Always a hostile witness

Derek patiently looked at the notes he and his aide had collected during the investigation. This case was unnatural, that much was certain. A lot of it made no sense.

"Now is the time." Derek thought. There's a lot that could be argued for this case, but, then again, there's a lot that could not be argued. The prosecution might be able to argue a lot of points, but they needed to prove a case of murder. That part was easy. But the real hard part was: who was the real guilty party. Derek had only his suspicions, but there was a lot to open up in court today.

"Time to show you why they call me Hurricane Derek."

Perpetual Prosecutor

Zed was fiddling with his HMD to make some names or terms he wouldn't remember show up on the screen when he needed them.

This is it, my first case. A quite strange one, that's sure. I don't have any idea how we are going to find the culprit. My case against Richard right now is that the defendant changed the gun himself, shot it in front of everyone, and then showed the obvious idea that it wasn't his fault, because shooting it was part of the show.

Now what's that thing they call the defendant when they say he did it? Oh yeah, "Guilty"

Imagination User

Crystal Robinson is sitting on the judge's bench at the court room. her face is look boring , because she was sitting here for 5 hours.....
"Yawn....I think I should play some TouHou games...." She open her labtop , and starts games.
'Honestly , I don't know anything about this incident , except defendant's name....' She is thinking , when she is playing games.
'But , I will know the truth soon!!!!'
Then , she is yelling some word....
"Spell Card!!!!"

Last edited by Phantom Mark on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

In Justice We Trust

"Are you ready?" Richard asked his defense attorney. He realized in asking that that he sounded a lot more confident than he was. Still, his case depended more on the readiness of his defense than his own readiness.

Always a hostile witness

"I would certainly hope so." Derek stated to his client. The fact that his client was confident made Derek smile. Timid clients were always strange, although their timidness could be explained easily.

"Relax. This case is pretty open and shut. There are a lot of things I'm willing to venture the police did not look into. A rush to judgment is fatal to a prosecutor."

Perpetual Prosecutor

Meanwhile, Zed, who had ran out of law terms to add to the HMD, turned over to Zack.

"Is this your first time as an attorney aide?"

Imagination User

(Oh........Maybe......I should introduce myself to defense,defendant and prosecutor before trial.) Crystal pauses the game , and walks down from judge's bench , then she runs to defendant lobby No. 9.
"Goodmorning~ Mr. Maybe Defense & Mr.Maybe Richard Glinkirev!" She suddenly greeting to Derek with Richard.

...The fuck?

*Honk! Honk!* Came the noise from outside the court house. Damn car, always breaking down. I can't believe I had to drag out this dinosaur... Issac laid the moped against the wall and walked inside. "Mornin' Derek, Mornin' Richard. Feeling good, Derek? I am."

Always a hostile witness

"You're here. Late. And you didn't call." While Derek was friendly, if serious, during investigations, he was very straight-laced during trials as he addressed Issac.

"Hmph. Well, have you made any inferences I should know about before the trial starts? I already have my clues, but you are my aide for a reason."

Imagination User

Oh.... They are TOTALLY ignore me.... What should I do? Crystal thought , while she is standing far for just 3 Meters from three men who talking , and yell to call them , but they are just ignore her.
Maybe...I should let them introduce in the court... She is determine to doesn't do anything , then she turn back to the courtroom. Maybe , it would be fun if I don't know anything about all until the trial...

Last edited by Phantom Mark on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

In Justice We Trust

"Is something the matter?" Richard asked who he assumed by the robes must be the judge.

Perpetual Prosecutor

There, I believe that's enough law terms for now. Looks like I'll be alone in today's trial, as Zack is nowhere in sight. Good thing I didn't pay him yet.
He sighed. It's gonna be hard without any aide on my first trial...

...The fuck?

"Well, rawr. Can't help it if my car breaks down, and my old moped only goes 20." Issac said jokingly. "And anyways, I don't have much. I'm just waiting to see what the prosecution throws at us. I have all my info on here anywho." Issac pats his trusty laptop.

Imagination User

"Huh? Did you call me? Mr.Maybe Richard Glinkirev ?" Crystal stop walking and then turn back.
"Did you say "Is something the matter?" ? Well , I just want to greeting to you all.~" She pretty smiles to him.

Always a hostile witness

"It was the reason cell phones were invented, to alleviate such problems. Well, I am ready to go, let us hoe we can get started shortly."

...The fuck?

"Sure, yeah, whatever..." Issac grumbled. Derek always had to be this sour didn't he?

Always a hostile witness

"Issac, we are in court. Please, mind your manners.' Derek replied. The relationship between attorney and aide could best be summed up as "frenemy." It was a long, complicated relationship, and Derek still didn't quite remember how it was that Issac showed up on his doorstep to learn. Was it a personal favor?

It made no difference now. Derek never lived in the past: He could barely remember the names of his family.

"I believe court is almost underway. Mr. Glinkirev, after reviewing this case, I'm certain that the words 'rush to judgment' are in order. You are in good hands.

In Justice We Trust

A bailiff entered the Defendant Lobby.

"There's been a--" he started, breaking off when he noticed the judge. "Never mind. Your Honor, you're needed in the courtroom." He then looked to the defense. "You'd do well to head over, too."

Imagination User

"Well , I guess I should leave now... See you later at trial!" Crystal said when she noticed the bailiff , then she ran quickly to the courtroom.

Always a hostile witness

"She seems friendly." Derek asided.

"I wonder if that can be advantageous." He thought. Derek was deadly serious in court, and devastating. They didn't call him "Hurricane" for his last name alone.

"Shall we go, Issac?"

...The fuck?

"Sure, Derek." Issac was ready whenever. He couldn't wait to see the look on the prosecution's face when the judge announces 'Not Guilty'. (LETS DO THIS. LEEEEEEEROOOOOOOYYY JEEEEEEEEEEENKKIIIIIIIINS.)

Imagination User

'Ah! I almost forgot something to tell!!!' Crystal quickly turned back again , then she ran back to someone who she thought is attorney.

"Sorry... to quickly return... like this... , but I almost forgot something to tell you...."She's said slowly , because she is pretty tired by suddenly ran often.

"Well , What's your name?"

Always a hostile witness

"I am the defense attorney." Derek introduced, gesturing slightly to the pin on his lapel.

"My name is Derek. Derek Waters. And what is it you had to tell me?" He smiled a casual smile, and pushed his silver-rimmed glasses up the brim of his nose.

Imagination User

"Well......" Crystal acting like she's thinking for 10 seconds while she's say , then she snap like have an idea.
"Frankly , I don't know ANYTHING about this trial but the defendant's name...."

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Locked due to inactivity. If there's still any interest in proceeding with this trial, the RP's creator and all active participants must send me PMs confirming that they are going to continue posting. If there are no active participants but the creator wants the RP to go on, then they'll have to send me their confirmation PM, and recruit new participants.
If any of these alternatives are followed, I'll reopen this thread. Until then, it'll remain locked.
Page 1 of 1 [ 26 posts ] 

Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House