Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House

Page 1 of 4[ 137 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SY-49 "Turnabout in the Dark" Day 1-investigationTopic%20Title

WAAAAAAAGH!

Alright, let's begin this little trial then.

Just remember, if ya didn't sign up, don't post. We still have one role open, but I'll currently be playing that role until someone else takes it over.
Re: SY-49 "Turnabout in the Dark" Day 1-investigationTopic%20Title

Audere est facere.

((Ulysses is already taken by Pezdude, FYI. Oh, and you should PM the people participating the necessary information. For example, the full name of the suspect and the victims, the scene of the murder, etc.))
I've been away for far too long.
So long, in fact, that all of my signatures now exist behind a paywall.
Bummer.

WAAAAAAAGH!

((Already did that. Moment they signed up I sent them a PM regarding what they saw))

The Twisted Samurai

Drake arrived at the crime scene
The inspector handed him an autopsy report
"Aha.They were killed by blades . . . .a weapon-shop owner has easy access to a variety of weapons,so it would have been easy for him to have blades . . . .and apparantly it was five different blades.Where are the wittnesses?I´d like to ask them a few questions."
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

WAAAAAAAGH!

"We've got two in questioning, counting Jason," an officer states. "Jason isn't talking much, however."

A beautiful world indeed.

David entered the detention center. Opposed from him sat David. He sat down in his respective seat and placed his breifcase to his side. He straightened his glasses, and looked at Jason.

"So..." David began "I suppose we should start witht the basics. If you don't mind, would you tell me what happened during the night of the murder as well as where you were during it?"

WAAAAAAAGH!

"I'm afraid I can't tell you everything. I can give you the basics though. As you may be aware, there were five murdered victims. None of them had last names, like myself, but we aren't related in any way. The one thing I can confirm is that the murders were done with various weapons purchased from my shop the same day.

"As for who did it, I will not tell. There are things in this world. Things that no man should ever learn. This is one of those things. I would be careful where you step in your investigation, for one false move, one word that came out wrong, it could end in something horrible for you."

David scratched his chin, whishing his beard would hurry up and grow in. A goatee was not the most professional look for someone of his carrer.

He was puzzled at his client's behavior. He decided he would try a few more questions.

"Well could you tell me a little about the store and what weapons were stolen?"

WAAAAAAAGH!

"Stolen? If I recall, I said they were purchased. Legally obtained. As for the store, it's a small weapons shop that sells medieval and ancient weapons. Swords, axes, spears, bow and arrow, you name it. We make it in the way that the weapons were originally made, so I have a forge in there.

"The man who is currently running the shop would likely give you the details as to weapons purchased on the day of the crime if you ask him. Oh, and tell my daughter I said hi. You can't miss her."

David slapped his head at his mistake. But something piqued his interest.

"Very well, but who is this man running the store, and where is your daughter currently?"

WAAAAAAAGH!

"I cannot afford to give you information on the former, but if my daughter is not at her school, she's likely in the shop trying to forge a sword."

"Allright then. I think this should be enough for now." David thought, baffled at his client's strange behavior

David proceeded to exit the Detention Center. He entered his car and drove to the weapon's shop. When he entered he saw a young man behind the cash register. He greeted him, assuming this was the aforementioned man who Jason spoke of.

"Hello, I'm David Files, I'm the attorney for Mr. Jason. I was wondering if you would answer a few questions."

Audere est facere.

Angelina Aquino went to the weaponry shop. Earlier in the day she received files for a case concerning Jason, the owner of the weapons shop, and went to the crime scene. She found there the prosecutor, Drake Johnson. She said to him, "Angelina Aquino, reporting, sir. I'm the detective on this case, sir. Was there any evidence found so far?"
Bummer.

The Twisted Samurai

"Well,I am not THAT good informed about the facts of the case,and hello"
Drake answered

Perfect whine record

Yo! the other dude said

WAAAAAAAGH!

((Lying, what are you doing?))

The man behind the counter grinned. "Why hello there. Well, I could answer a few questions. Though if I were you, I would be careful how I phrase them."

The door behind the counter opened, and a girl came out. She had a fair face, and nice clothes, but the oddest thing was that she was apparently cosplaying as a catgirl. "Um...hello," she said. "I heard that you're my dad's attorney?"

At the crime scene:

"We haven't been able to find any evidence, sir. For some reason, it appears that this crime was nearly completely covered up. No weapons, no bloodstains beyond Luminol tests, and Jason refuses to comment on this case. We found one witness, Meg, and she's currently ready for questioning."

David faced the young girl and said "Yes I am." before facing the man behind the counter.

"Allright, my first question is this. Do you keep a record of what items you have in stock and what items have been sold" David asked.

The Twisted Samurai

"Alright.I´ll head to the P.D.Try to find as many clues as you can"
30 minutes later
"So you are Meg.How about you first tell me a little bit about your person?"

WAAAAAAAGH!

The man behind the counter nods. "Aye, that I do. I Am assuming you want all weapons sold on the day of the murder?"

The girl starts to break down into tears. "Please! My father would never kill anyone! I want to help you!"

David nodded. "Yes, a list would be helpful along with any information you can give me about the weapons themselves. I also have another question. If the weapons here are made by hand, then is there the possibility that they each have thier own differences?"

WAAAAAAAGH!

The man prints out a list and hands it to David. On the list reads only five purchases:

Longsword
Rapier
Claymore
Dagger
Katana

The man grins. "There is one weapon that doesn't suit how the victims were murdered. Could you give me the answer for that? Oh, and to answer your question, it is possible, but Jason, and Neko here, are both excellent smiths, so their styles are very similar, though Jason has a mild disdain for all Katana."

Audere est facere.

Angel listened as David Files, who was apparently the defense attorney for Jason, talked to the man at the counter and Jason's daughter, who, according to the man at the counter, is named Neko. "So that's why she's in a cat outfit," Angel thought. Then seeing as she had nothing to do yet as there was no visible evidence at the scene of the crime, she said to them, "Hello, I'm Angelina Aquino. I'm the detective for this case, Mr. Files." Then glancing at the list David was holding, then remembering the autopsy report, she said, "Well, a rapier isn't a bladed sword, so it can't be the murder weapon since the victims were killed by blades."
Bummer.

David nodded in agreement. "Although a rapier can be classified as a sword, the user mainly thrusts with it rather than slashes. However..." David turned to Angel "...I would like to have a few words with you. Do you know how the victim died, spicifically, as well as what other injuries he sustained?"

WAAAAAAAGH!

Neko cries out one word.

:objection:

The man behind the counter nods. "So sorry, but a rapier is specifically designed for thrusting, and therefore stabbing. The correct answer is the katana. The deaths were stab wounds, and the katana is single-edged. Made for slashing, not stabbing."

Audere est facere.

Angel nodded, but then paused. "Wait. You say that there were five weapons sold, and the katana couldn't have been the murder weapon, but there were five different murder weapons that were used. What could've been the sixth?"
Bummer.

WAAAAAAAGH!

"You seem to be under the impression that only the victims had weapons," the man behind the counter answered.

Audere est facere.

"What I was trying to ask was that since this, a weaponry shop, is the scene of the crime, what other weapons are available other than the ones bought." Then she sighed, thinking, "How I wish I could be on the defense's side, for once. Every time, I happen to accuse the defendant, even if I know that he or she's really not guilty of anything." Then her pupils shrank when she said that. "Uh...eh...Alright, I told the truth. I'll help you in any way I can, but please don't tell my chief. But first, we'll need all the information about the day of the murder, so that we'd be able to solve this."
Bummer.

WAAAAAAAGH!

"It seems that you were unable to notice the large stack of weapons when you came in," the man replied, pointing right behind Angel. Indeed, there are many racks of old weaponry: all types of swords, axes, spears, bows, crossbows, and even an old-world gun. However, the katana-type swords are the most commonly stocked. A couple swords give off an eerie feeling.

Neko nods, happy to help. "If you want to buy anything, just let me know! Oh, and the reason why we have so many katana-type swords is simply because we wind up selling pretty much only that sword, save for a few select customers," she states.

Audere est facere.

"Ah. Alright then, but I don't think I'll be using any weapon soon," Angel replied, quite embarrased. After observing the crime scene, which apparently had no visible evidence so far, she then said to them, "I have to go now to question the witnesses. If anything comes up, please text me." She handed both the counter man and David her calling card and walked out the door.
Bummer.

WAAAAAAAGH!

((Due to the fact that I have booted off our current Meg, I am going to be RPing her now))

Meg sighed. "Yeah, I am. Sorry, but I don't have too much information to give," she stated.

David turned to the little girl. While he thought he had come up with a solid case given the information, something about what she said piqued his curiosity.

"You said that the katana is what you usually sell. I'm curious. How profitable is this buisness doing?"

WAAAAAAAGH!

Neko sighed. "Admittedly we don't get too many customers. It's hard to run a weapons shop when it is incredibly difficult to obtain a weapon. My father gets really annoyed by the fact that almost everyone wants a katana."

The man behind the counter stated, "I believe his exact words were, 'Katana, katana, KATANA! It's ALWAYS a katana! It's not even that great a sword! The only reason that anybody ever wants it is because it's the weapon of the samurai! There are so many other staple swords, like the longsword! But nobody ever gives any attention to the obviously superior swords!'"

David pondered what was just said.

"Hard to obtain weapons?" he questioned "Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the weapons here were hand made."

WAAAAAAAGH!

Neko nodded in response. "Yes, they are. By 'hard to obtain', we mean that in the context of civilians being able to purchase them. It's easy to buy the metal that we need to work with it, but it's not so easy to sell to customers because of the laws in place," she replied.

The man behind the counter grinned. "I must ask, did Jason give you his warning?"

"His warning?" David said "Yes, he did say something rather cryptic. Do you know anything about this, or does Jason suffer from any mental problems?"

WAAAAAAAGH!

"I would not be so quick as to throw aside his message. I would be very cautious with how you go about doing your case. Consider this trial more than just a simple case. There are forces at work here. Forces that would love to see your client thrown in jail. It's not him that I would be so concerned about, but you. Either way, you'll want to watch. Your. Back."

Neko shuddered, then looked at David. "I'm still willing to help you," she said. "I don't want to just stand idly by while dad can get thrown in jail."

David scratched the back of his head. 'Oh geez, don't tell me there's an anti-weapons cult or something going on here' he thought. Actually, as long as that thought was in his mind, maybe he might be on the right track.

"Well, I'll ask one more thing. You sell weapons, but have you ever had any complaints from anyone in the past? These weapons are dangerous, so the possibility that someone might have a problem with this store is possible."

WAAAAAAAGH!

"No. Some customers return to get a new sword from time to time, but we never have any complaints. No, what is really going on is something much more sinister. Perhaps, if you manage to last long enough, Jason would be willing to tell you what's going on."

'Grand, it is some freakish cult' David thought to himself.

"Well I believe that is all the questions I have for you. Just one more thing. Could you show me where the crime scene is?"

The Twisted Samurai

"Well Meg"Drake started
"How about u tell me first about your person a bit,age,occupation,etc.We couldn´t find much info about you in the police records"
Page 1 of 4 [ 137 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House