Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House

Page 2 of 4[ 131 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: SY-49 "Turnabout in the Dark" Day 2-InvestigationTopic%20Title

WAAAAAAAGH!

"There are five victims. We don't know much beyond that they purchased weapons at Jason's shop. They were all killed by their own weapons. We don't really have much information on anyone involved in the case. Jason himself is not very talkative at all. I swear he's hiding something from all of us," Drake replied. I can only hope that Ulysses is not an assassin...

Objection, Are you a dancin' masta?

"Got it..." Softon eased "But what about the man in the store? ...Ulysses."
Thanks Double M (The Middleman)

WAAAAAAAGH!

Drake shook his head. "An eyewitness. Probably the only reliable one we have, because he actually knows about what he saw. One was too tired to pay attention, and the other got knocked out before he could get a good look as to what's going on. Only Ulysses and Jason were able to get good looks, and one of them has to be the killer." I've got a bad feeling about Ulysses too...

Softon nodded, "Okay. I think I'm caught up. Where do we go from here?"

WAAAAAAAGH!

"Not entirely sure," Drake replied, being completely honest. "Perhaps we can get some information from Jason, if he isn't being talked to by David."

"Lets get going then." Softon notioned

A beautiful world indeed.

David arrived at the house of the witness. Wondering if this witness was even present, he knocked on the door and awaited a reply.

WAAAAAAAGH!

(Okay, two-parter here. Let's have some fun!)

There was no reply from Ulysses' house. Hopefully Jason's statement wasn't just a desperate attempt to pull the guilt off of him (and that nothing was going to go wrong from entering an assassin's house).

When Drake and Softon arrived at the detention center, Jason was busy thinking to himself. What exactly he was thinking about would be anyone's guess. Who knows what goes through an assassin's mind?

Jason looked up as he noticed Drake and Softon. "Ah, you're here. Though I'm not too certain that I know of your friend, Drake. Either way, I've been given new orders. I can now tell you everything about the case. Should I start with the backstory or not?"

Softon made eye-contact with Jason, "Softon,"
His spoke his name in a soft manner,
"That is the identity given by this world to myself, to wear as a cloak. I have no last name only a duty."
Softon kept blank expression,
"Backstory. Start."

WAAAAAAAGH!

Jason grins a slightly disturbing grin. "But of course," he replies. Jason closed his left fist, and the katar jumps out from under his clothes. "The detective wasn't off, there is an assassin organization involved in this. However, she was wrong as well. There are two organizations at work here. I am in one, and Ulysses is in the other. Both sides have been at war for a length of time that is unknown. It is generally thought that it started during the Crusades, but evidence also exists for it starting in Japan during the Feudal era.

"Either way, two organizations had a massive disagreement, and a shadow war started. We don't fight with legitimate armies, or even with unconventional armies. Instead, we work through assassins. None of us grunts know the purpose behind the war. It's even a rule not to talk about it. Both sides are actually rather similar. Same rules, same equipment, same goals.

"Not too many people know this, but the war reaches farther than simple organizations. Both sides actually control parts of the world. This country is neutral ground because the laws in place stop us from getting our hands on this country for too long. Doesn't stop people from trying. Now then, to the point. Ulysses is the murderer. I was walking down the road after closing my shop. I saw Ulysses and his friends walking, and Ulysses draws his sword-- (ugh, need another post)

WAAAAAAAGH!

"I ran across the road to try to break up the fighting, but alas, I could not. Ulysses killed each of the victims with their own weapons, sans one, as he preferred a retractable katar. Due to the code, I had to help him clean up the mess, but I'm not letting him escape. This could be my one chance to capture him. I put the weapons inside of his house. My attorney is already aware of this," Jason states.

"What I need you to do is look over everything you have, and try to find a way to get him in jail. I may be a murderer, but even I have standards. Be polite. Be efficent. Have a plan to kill everybody you meet. As well as not betraying my allies. If you want more information, you can try to get some from my boss, Lou. He's the guy currently running my shop.

"One last thing. Speak nothing of this war within my daughter's presence. I'd rather not put her at risk for joining the war. When this trial is done, I also recommend leaving town, if not the country. No matter who wins, someone will try to take out his anger on you guys. All you can do is run, run, and survive. Try to seek refuge with the assassins of the organization that won. That may be your only chance of living."

"Thanks." Softon said still pondering about something.
If the war is so hush, hush. How does Jason know so much?

WAAAAAAAGH!

Drake was obviously a bit scared. Aw shit. Even if I get the real criminal in jail, someone's going to try to kill me...great....

Jason grinned. "Don't worry too much," he replied, "We'll find a way out of this somehow. Do be careful, however. Also, as for going into my assassin's lair, I do say this: You shouldn't be rummaging around people's things without their permission. Lou also doesn't take kindly to such things, and he is not as willing to let people who know too much of the war live."

Softon grinned, "Guess, we'll have to play it safe then."

Licensed Smartass

Ulysses arrived at his house, whistling a happy tune, to find David at his door, knocking. "Well that's damn silly, knocking on the door of an empty house. You're not very good at this job of yours, are you pal?" He smirked at him.
So, I've been giving this egg business a shot. Click for glory!

Spoiler: Eggs and Hatchlings
Image Image Image Image Image

Audere est facere.

((I'm terribly sorry for my long absence here in the forums, but schoolwork has kept me very busy. I'll join back in as my character, and the story hasn't progressed that far for me not to catch up anyway, so...))

Angel walked out of Ulysses' house, separating from Drake to proceed to the Criminal Affairs Dept. for some files. "So, Ulysses is seemingly the most reliable witness so far, though I have a feeling of mistrust toward him," she thought, walking. "Hopefully, today, we'll be able to get more information out of the defendant in today's interrogation." She then entered the office and picked up the other case files and evidence that were needed, then went to the detention center, where she saw Jason, Prosecutor Johnson and the man who arrived at Ulysses' house. Walking closer, she heard Jason tell them, "Lou also doesn't take kindly to such things, and he is not as willing to let people who know too much of the war live."
I've been away for far too long.
So long, in fact, that all of my signatures now exist behind a paywall.
Bummer.

WAAAAAAAGH!

Jason noticed Angel entering. "Ah, hello there. The detective girl, correct?" he asked.

Drake mentioned, "This case is much more insane than I thought it would be." He then turned his gaze to Jason. "Would you repeat what you told us to her?"

Jason grinned. "Only if she is willing to listen," he stated.

The Twisted Samurai

"I think as the head investigator she's itching to hear the details"
Drake Sighed, Jason always gave him a bad feeling
While Jason started to talk to Angel Drake tried to reach David and offer him a deal into the aspect who will survive this trial and who wants to sacrifice his life
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

WAAAAAAAGH!

"But of course, I was just being formal. Now then, you were partially right. There are assassins at work here. But there are two organizations, not just one. I'm in one, Ulysses is in the other. Ulysses is the actual murderer. I turned the corner to head home, I was taking the long way to clear my head from my job. It's not easy trying to hide the fact that you're a professional murderer from a very inquisitive daughter.

"When I turned onto Elm Street, I saw Ulysses and his friends. They had recently purchased weapons from my shop, and Ulysses decided to attack them. For whatever reason, I cannot say for certain. However, I wasn't going to let this chance pass me by. The two organizations have been at war with each other for an unknown period of time. Either the Feudal Era in Japan or the Crusades, there is evidence for both. Either way, they had a disagreement, and started a shadow war. We don't fight in the open, or with terrorist actions. We fight in the dark, with assassins.

"Of course, some of us are uncertain if there even is a war. I'll be honest, some of us think that the two organizations are actually one. We're given the same equipment, same uniforms, follow the same rules of engagement, and whatnot. I'm not certain myself, but given that sometimes both sides are hired to take out the same person, we sometimes work together.

"Now then, just two things. One: Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT speak of the war when my daughter is in earshot. I want to keep her in the dark as long as I can, because I don't want her to join in on the war. She's all I have left of my family, after I lost my wife to this stupid war. Unfortunately, I can't just up and leave it. Once you're in, you can't get out. Two: Be very careful. No matter who wins, somebody in the organizations are going to take offense, and might try to take...shall we say...'corrective measures'. I recommend leaving town, if not the country."

Jason then pulled out a world map, with most countries colored red or blue. "Take this. The red countries you should go to if the defense wins. The blue countries are the ones you should go to if Ulysses wins. These countries are secretly controlled by one of the two organizations. You'll find refuge in those countries, trust me."

Softon smiled, "Thanks guy, but I wouldn't of become a prosecutor if I didn't know the consequences."

He turned towards the door, "I'm guessing, everyone's up to speed?"

The Twisted Samurai

"Nothing has been proven or disproven so far, everything will decide in court tomorrow"
Drake said while looking up from his phone

Audere est facere.

Angel nodded, taking in the necessary details in Jason's testimony. She accepted the map, and said, "Sadly, yes, neither your nor Ulysses' testimony has been proven or disproven. But thank you for your testimony. We'll need all the help we can get in this case." She sighed at how a single case can be this complicated, and these two organizations that Jason says are involved stretch out on a worldwide basis. "Thank you, again," she said, ready to follow Drake.
Bummer.

WAAAAAAAGH!

"If ya want proof you can swing by Ulysses' place. Just watch out for what he might do if he catches you in the act. Ulysses is a very skilled assassin, but this round was very sloppy. He left living witnesses, including me. A real assassin wouldn't leave behind any witnesses, and especially not one from the opposing organization," Jason stated. "Or, you could drop by my weapon shop. Lou, the guy who's currently running the shop, is my boss. I'm certain that he will be willing to share information with you now that I've told you the details as to the murder and my second job."

The Twisted Samurai

"ok let's go for the weapon shop, a death prosecutor wont be worth anything in court, Angel will you come?"

Audere est facere.

Angel nodded. "Yes, visiting the weapons shop may bring us valuable new information," she replied to Drake. Standing from her seat, she turned to Jason once more saying, "Thank you, again. We should go now, though. Mr. Johnson?" Nodding at Jason, she turned to the prosecutor, waiting for him to stand as well.
Bummer.

The Twisted Samurai

Drake stood up and they went to the weapon shop(sorry for god modding but another post for going to the shop?)
As they arrived Drake sighed and said:"That is the place that made my new destiny. Let's get in shall we?"And with this words Drake went in. It was dark in there and he only could see silhouettes:"Hello, who's there?I am the prosecution in the case of Jason. I heard I could get some info here?"He yelled into the dark

WAAAAAAAGH!

"No need to shout," Lou's voice responded, coming from right behind the crew. "Now then, Jason has told you the basics as to what is actually going on here, has he not?"

The Twisted Samurai

"Yes he did, do you have any other information that could be useful for me or the defense?"Drake asked while he looked in the direction the voice cam from

WAAAAAAAGH!

"Jason and Ulysses were once partners. Back when they were under the same organization. Ulysses got a contract for the opposing organization that paid twice as well as his usual contract, and it's hard to make ends meet when you're an assassin. Of course, neither one of them was happy with having to go against each other. I can only presume that something else is what made Ulysses enact his plan and leave witnesses," Lou answered. "The two made a great team. They once had to take down a Senator, and they pulled it off in such a way that everybody thought it was a suicide. They know each other and their methods quite well.

"It's not going to be easy to bring down Ulysses, but Jason already left some proof. The weapons. Jason has a habit of wearing gloves while at work or when he's on the job, so he didn't leave behind any fingerprints on the weapons. Ulysses works more with guns, so there is less of a need for him to utilize gloves if he doesn't let the gun out of his sight. Both of them got their primary weapons on the black market, and have been making their own weapons as well. Ulysses prefers giving out shipments from the black market, while Jason focuses more on hand-crafted weapons.

"If you are going to take down Ulysses, close co-ordination with the defense is key. You cannot simply believe that you are all that is needed to bring Ulysses down, he's a slippery one. However, he left behind a contradiction in his alibi. For the sake of giving you some legwork, I'll let you figure that out yourself. Simply know that you have to block off all avenues of escape before you shoot at the contradiction. Humans are quite slippery when it comes to escaping their own crimes. Something that every assassin in the organizations is drilled to do, so that they can escape if a crime gets pinned on them.

"Good luck. You'll need it."

"I can't take, what I can't see." Softon kidded.

WAAAAAAAGH!

Lou simply smirks. "But there's no fun if I just tell you all the answers, now is there?"

Audere est facere.

((Well, just telling you all in advance that I won't be posting tomorrow since it's my HS enrollment and I'll try to post, but I might not because of this:
Spoiler: Yep. I'm definitely accident-prone.

My wrist was dislocated, and the tip of my left radius was fractured, but I've had closed reduction and pinning so I'll be fine in a month or so. See you all...Tuesday? Monday night, if possible. So....see y'all!))
Bummer.

WAAAAAAAGH!

((Most unfortunate.))

The Twisted Samurai

"So, what do you want from us then?" Drakes asked while crossing arms to be ready for whatever the guys may say

WAAAAAAAGH!

"What I want from you?" Lou asked. "Isn't it obvious? I want you to free Jason and capture Ulysses. You'll have to cut off all avenues of escape BEFORE you start to disprove his points. It'll take time, but you can no doubt accomplish it. Should you fail, you can expect a visit from a friend of mine. He'll have a very violent chat with you."

The Twisted Samurai

"What the?" Drake said
"I am a mere Prosecutor, I can't lock down the whole town! And if I should explain it to the chief of police I am dead meat either."
Drake thought for a few seconds, and put out his cell phone
"Hello, yeah Drake here. Jim, I need your help. You gotta lock down the whole city for the next 48 hours, it has something to do with my current case , no questions please, you now you still owe me a favor when I once prisoned the guy who killed your daughter even though it seemed impossible"
"Ok the town shall be locked soon , now give me the information"

WAAAAAAAGH!

"You didn't need to lock down the town, ya know. Ulysses will show up regardless, as he knows that he is the one that will put the final nail in the coffin to Jason's testimony. All you need to do is cut off his chances to weasel out from his own contradictions, that's what I meant by 'cut off all avenues of escape'. You take things too literally."

The Twisted Samurai

"Yeah I know, but just in case, I wanna prevent him to escape the town"
Drake said
actually he was a bit angry about himself since he got it wrong

WAAAAAAAGH!

"Very well. It would be pretty embarrassing if you did get the message wrong. Now then, if there is something you need to know, feel free to ask."

The Twisted Samurai

"well as you said before, you'll tell us answers. But before you may answer you need a question. But I am not here for such games. My question? Give me all of the relavant information I require for bringing the trial tomorrow to a happy after"
Page 2 of 4 [ 131 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House