Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House

Page 3 of 4[ 131 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: SY-49 "Turnabout in the Dark" Day 2-InvestigationTopic%20Title

WAAAAAAAGH!

"I already gave you a lot of information. The most important bit you need to know is that Ulysses left behind a contradiction in his testimony. What that contradiction is I'll let you figure out, simply because you are the prosecutor, not me."

The Twisted Samurai

"yeah I got, it.So I guess you will come to watch the trial tomorrow. Ok Det. Angel let's go"
Drake said leaving the weapon shop
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

WAAAAAAAGH!

"Hey!" Lou yelled. "One last thing. Neko will be watching the trial. Try your best to avoid mentioning the assassins there. We're trying to keep her in the dark as long as we can. Invariably she will know, but it's better if we keep her out of the war longer."

Objection, Are you a dancin' masta?

"Hey Drake, wait up!" Softon yelled running after.
Thanks Double M (The Middleman)

Audere est facere.

Angel nodded, taking in all the necessary facts and making mental notes. "Thank you again," she said before following Drake out the door. Turning to him, she said, "Mr. Johnson, I'm not sure if I should ask this, but...who do you believe is innocent? You are the prosecutor of Mr. Jason, but..." she stopped to let him answer.
I've been away for far too long.
So long, in fact, that all of my signatures now exist behind a paywall.
Bummer.

The Twisted Samurai

"That is a good question and I think the answer should be even better" Drake started
"But I yet got to figure out who may be the culprit, and don't worry I am well aware of the fact that I am the prosecution. But sometimes it is not enough to bring people into prison. Sometimes they are innocent and you gotta find the absolute and real truth. A friend of mine opened me the eyes about that years ago"

"Who?" Softon asked

The Twisted Samurai

"His name is Miles Edgeworth, you may know his ex-mentor, Manfred von Karma. You know the famous Prosecutor from Germany, undefeated for 40 years."

"Von Karma, the guy who used false evidence to get a verdict?" Softon said puzzled

WAAAAAAAGH!

(Alright, I'm tired of waiting, it's obvious David bailed on us despite his claims that he wouldn't. I'm taking over, and we can get him killed off.)

David nodded. "I have a search warrant for your house. I don't fully trust you, so I'm going to examine this place," he stated, showing the warrant to Ulysses.

The Twisted Samurai

"Yeah that guy. Softon, you shall try to save yourself. I pulled you already to deep in this whole mess"
Drake said serious

Edit really quick:

"You're kidding me, I'm this far I'm not turning back." Softon smirked

Last edited by jayrock on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

WAAAAAAAGH!

((Due to Ulysses and David bolting, I am now commandeering Ulysses for now.))

Ulysses quickly whipped out a pistol and shot David in the head. "Too bad, I ain't letting this chance slide by me. Without you in my way, Jason is as good as guilty," he said, entering his house to search for any clues he may have missed.

justice is always wright ;)

((ummm.........I guess I'll start))

Apollo was walking around aimlessly after a trial,and then heard a gunshot from a far distance,he quickly ran off to the source of the sound,the shooter had already left the scene of the crime,but on the ground was a man,dead with blood coming out of a bullet hole in his head, "dear god,someone was shot" said apollo,no matter how many murder trials he defended in,he never got used to murder, "what is this,a defense attorney's badge" said apollo as he was able to identify the person lying on the ground as a defense attorney,"what in the,why's he carrying so much evidence........wait,was he killed becouse he was defending somone",adding the amount of evidence the attorney was carrying,to the fact that he was murdered,apollo concluded that the defense attorney was currently defending a client, "if he was killed becouse he was defending his client.............that must mean the defendant is innocent"

"ok,i have decided,i will take on his clients defense and get him a not guilty if he really is innocent",apollo then gathered all the evidence in the fallen attorney's person,excluding the badge,and added them to his court records, "good thing i used gloves to avoid leaving my fingerprints to avoid false accusations,and with that,apollo called the police with his mobile phone,and informed them of the position of the scene of the crime, "right,now first things first,i better tell the defendant the news",apollo then head's to the detention center before any of the police arrive.

((if what i posted now is acceptable,then General Tommy,can you pm me the evidence david had,and possibly a quick summery of the events from the first day trial till now?))

WAAAAAAAGH!

When Jason heard of David's death, he merely smirked. "Fool," he said. "Doesn't he know not to mention that he's searching a house for evidence when the house belongs to an assassin?"

He then sighed. "Well, Apollo Justice is now defending me. This makes things easier, considering your perceive ability. I'll give you a run-down of the case so far: I have been convicted of mass-murder of five people who recently purchased swords at my shop, barring one. There are three witnesses, not including myself. Ulysses, Alex, and Meg. Ulysses is the 'reliable' witness, but trust not a word he says. He is the murderer. Not only that, he is an assassin. But then again, so am I.

"You see, there are things in this world that are unknown to many. There is an ancient feud going on to this very day between two assassin organizations. The victims and Ulysses was on one team, and I am on the other. Why exactly Ulysses would kill his own allies is beyond me. I left behind some evidence in his house: the murder weapons. However, due to his blundering, it is likely that Ulysses has become paranoid and is searching for the weapons within his house.

"Apollo, Ulysses will not be easy to crack. He is very good at disguising the truth, which is a prerequisite for being an effective assassin. Your perceive ability will come in great handy for cracking the case. However, I leave one request: Speak not a word of the assassins or the war during the trial tomorrow. My daughter will be watching, and I am trying everything to keep her out of the war as long as I can. If you make hints that I am an assassin, you can expect a little 'chat' from some of my 'friends'. Are we clear?"

Apollo got really uneasy about what he heard,but knew that the only truth he needed to show was who killed the victem and nothing else, "ok,thank's for telling me everything,even things that incriminate you,I fully trust in your innocence" and as apollo was walking away he walked back to jason and asked him "this might be difficult to ask but,if i were pushed into the corner were as my only choice left was to reveal about the assassin wars,what would you choose me to do,reveal it in order to proove your innocence,or keep it to myself and give up where as you would get a guilty virdict",apollo hesitated "I have no intention of getting pushed into such a decesion,but i thought i'd ask you just in case,so i'd act accordingly to your wishes,and perform what my client requests me to do".

WAAAAAAAGH!

Jason thought over it for about thirty seconds, and then replied, "If it is the final resort, then it must be done. Invariably, Ulysses will try calling me out on my work as an assassin as a last resort to get me guilty for something, but I would like to avoid it as long as I can. My daughter truly looks up to me, and I do not wish for her to become an assassin as well. Once you join this war, you can never escape it unless you die."

"Thank you very much,I will do everything in my power to get you a not guilty virdict,and hopefully won't need to reveal your secret" said apollo with a sense of gratitude and leave's the detention center.

"ok,now where should I go to invistigate"

((ummm...............what are my options for the destinations i can go to?))

WAAAAAAAGH!

((There's the murder scene, but you won't find anything there, Jason's shop, Ulysses' shop, a hospital, and the police station))

"I guess I'll go to my client's shop" said apollo as he head's towerd's jason's shop.

The Twisted Samurai

Drake looked deep in Softon eyes:"I can see unconvinience in your eyes, yet you wanna go that path, huh? I gues I can't abandon you there. But if they hunt for us, leave me behind. I am an old worthless man. You are young and your whole life is still to go"

WAAAAAAAGH!

Jason's shop is lined with many pointy swords of various origins and designs. Lou is behind the counter, and Jason's daughter, Neko, is working the forge (you can hear the hammer noises from the shop).

Lou grins. "Apollo Justice? Welcome to our little shop! I hope that we can suit your needs, though I doubt you would be purchasing weapons?"

"Look Drake, we'll deal with all that after the the verdict, but right now lets worry about solving this case." Softon finished

(How did he.......i guess jason must have informed him about me by mobile phone) thought apollo "apollo justice,jason's defense attorney" said apollo as he offered a handshake.

"I thought My client was the one running this shop,are you a friend of my client?" asked apollo.

WAAAAAAAGH!

"Indeed. I run the shop when he cannot. Since you know the war, I suppose I should also mention that I am Jason's boss. However, if you wish to speak of the war, do so quietly. I do not wish for Neko to learn about this war."

"umm.....who's neko",said apollo as he was confused.

The Twisted Samurai

"She is the defendants daughter", Drake said while entering
"I asked Jason where I may find you, Apollo Justice. So you will be the next attorney. Quite young to throw your life away, eh? I hope you soon understand how serious this case is"

"I don't have any regrets,my client is innocent, and i can't let anything stop me from saving an innocent person from a false virdict" apollo said as he then turns around to add "and you are?"

The Twisted Samurai

"My name is Drake Johnson, I am the prosecution."

"the prosecuion of this case ehh,pleased to meat you,i guess we'll face off at court tommorrow"

"but,back to the present,I think you are here for the invistigation as well,right?"

The Twisted Samurai

"Not really, I just wanted to see the guy who's gonna be the defense tomorrow and I wanted to warn you: This case is very dangerous, for everyone who's involved, so be careful. You are too young to lose your life."
With that words Drake left the scene

(I guess I'll keep that in mind,the last defense attorney did get murdered after all) thought apollo,then he turned to Lou "Mr.Lou,I'd Like to ask you about where at the time of the crime you were and if there was anything you might have witnessed " asked apollo.

WAAAAAAAGH!

"Sadly, I am not a witness to the crime. I was back at headquarters looking over contracts that were handed out. It's a little routine I get into so that I know who to assign to what mission. Jason and Ulysses used to work together, but then Ulysses got hired by the other side. Being an assassin doesn't really pay bills, considering how few contracts we get. Can't say I blame him.

"Jason was headed back home after closing shop. He decided to take the long route home, to clear his head from being an assassin. A practice I sometimes find myself doing. During the walk, Ulysses and some of his assassin friends were walking on the same route, but when Jason turned the corner, Ulysses attacked his comrades. Killed them with the same swords that they had purchased at Jason's shop earlier that day. However, he had to use his own sword against one assassin, because he prefers katar. Silent, easily concealable, and the enemy usually doesn't see it coming until it is too late.

"Jason, under the code, had to clean up the mess with Ulysses. We're trying our hardest to keep the world in the dark about our little shadow war."

"So am i,beleave me,i want as little to do with this war as possible" said apollo in response,then he added "well,thanks for the help,now i know that the weapons are one of the evidences used against jason,I'll trust in what you told me now as the truth" then apollo asked "by the way,can i talk to neko? the more info I get from everyone around the better."

WAAAAAAAGH!

Lou's gaze lowered. "I suppose you can, but if you speak a word of the war, I will make certain to silence you before hand," he stated, and then turned back. "NEKO! WE'VE GOT AN ATTORNEY WHO WANTS TO TALK TO YOU!"

The door then opened, revealing Neko in what looked like a blacksmith's clothes and with a gauntlet. She carried her claymore over her back, and held a hammer in her right hand. She grinned widely. "Hiya!" she said. "Hey, you're Apollo, aren't you? Great to see ya drop by! I was just busy forging a few daggers in the back."

(For the sake of convenience, I'm going to re-note that she apparently has cat ears)

"umm....hiya neko" apollo was nervous,but he began regaining his composure, "umm,neko,as much as it sadens me to tell you this.......but.......a murder happened and your father was arrested as the suspect,don't worry i am his attorney and i beleave in his innocence,i just thought asking you,his doughter,would be helpfull to my case in gaining more info"

*insert neko's reaction here*

apollo poused awaiting her reaction,and then continued "I'd like to ask you the same question i ask everyone.......um......where were you at the time of the crime and what might have you witnessed?"

WAAAAAAAGH!

"I'm quite well aware that my father is under arrest. I know that he didn't commit the murder, he's not that kind of guy. However, I don't think I'll be of any help. I was at home when dad closed the shop. I was busy looking over my claymore, something that I've gotten in the habit of doing, for some reason. Dad wound up selling a few weapons that day. Let's see...I remember there being a rapier, a claymore, a katana, a dagger, and I think a longsword. I'm pretty certain that the katana wasn't used in the murders, as it's not really built for stabbing, and that's how the murders happened.

"My dad really has something against katana, as he really hates it when people think that it's the best sword. He's willing to sell it, but he's noticeably annoyed when the guy purchasing it says it's the best sword out there. He often gives a few lectures as to the proper uses of the swords when he sells them, if only because he wants to see them being used correctly, if at all."

" thank you very much neko,i assure you that i'll do everything in my power to proove your father's innocence"

after apollo said that,he head's off to the police station.

"Kinda blunt." Softon said as Drake exited

The Twisted Samurai

((I am done with my investigations))
Page 3 of 4 [ 131 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House