Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House

Page 2 of 3[ 86 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: Trial JN-8: Day One - TrialTopic%20Title

"Fi.." Then he stopped, virtually kicking himself. You idiot! It was right there all along!

"I got a look at the scissors before I left...I'd say that each blade was about a quarter of an inch thick..."

"A quarter inch? Interesting...because the victims stab wounds were 1 inch thick"

He had finally found a contradiction. But still, why didn't I found this earlier. Dammit, im such a rookie.

Jake was obviously mad at himself.

XD

"Perhaps the witness merely mistook them for being an inch. It's not like everyone can be exactly sure how thick something is without measuring it, of course. Besides, defense attorney, he just witnessed a murder; would you be thinking straight after seeing someone die?"

Ub3r Own3r

The judge appeared wide-eyed.

"But what would this mean?" he asked the defense, many ideas running through his mind, when he heard the prosecution, and shook his head. "I don't think the witness could make a mistake that big. Could you explain this, defense?"

Ub3r Own3r

Double post. >_<

Sorry.

Last edited by Zeldafan422 on Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

XD

"Well, I'll give you that it might be a bit of an over-exaggeration on the witness's part, but let's keep in mind that he had just witnessed a murder, people! Naturally, he's a bit confused, and I'll bet how thick the scissors were was the last thing on his mind."

Ub3r Own3r

The judge nodded, then raised an eyebrow. "Perhaps, but then again, what if he isn't lying about the scissors?"

XD

"Precisely the point I'm trying to make. He isn't lying about the scissors. Your Honor, let's please end this now, I have somewhere to be in a few hours."

The blue and furry prosecutor

*Looks at Drake with anger in his eyes*

Then reschedule because he has us here. There's a significant difference to a quarter of an inch *holds his fingers slightly apart so a finger can bairly get in* to an inch, *holds them about 3 finger widths away* quite a difference, even to a dazed man...

*Noticing the impending "questioned look" towards him in the air, he remarks*

Before you even think I'm helping the defence... It's common knowledge that scissor blades rarly get that thick, even at the hilt. Standard barber blades are, at the thickest, a quarter of an inch thick, even custom scissors would be half an inch tops. So next time you want to make yourself look like a fool... Do it on your own time, not when I'm working.

XD

Darke looked at Tallaan fiercely. "He does not have us here! The man witnessed a [b]murder[/i]; we have the scissors right here, remember, and I'm sure the detective measured the blades, if he bothered measuring the cuts! How about you stop making yourself look like a fool, you little rodent, and remember the evidence points to the defendant being guilty! Your Honor, declare the defendant guilty, now!"

"Thank you mister Darke, your absolutely right. He had just witnessed a murder. So, that could easily mean one thing. He mistook the scissors for the murder weapon. Meaning...the scissors weren't the murder weapon!"

"And before you say anything, about the blood. I believe my client was framed! The killer took a pair of scissors out of my clients desk, and smeared blood on them. He then disposed of the real murder weapon...or hid it"

I hope im going in the right direction with this..

XD

"Then tell me, defense attorney. What was the murder weapon? And if it wasn't the murder weapon, what the hell is it doing in evidence? Besides, the murderer wouldn't have had time to smear blood on the scissors; he ran straight to the phone booth, remember?"

Darke shook his head, annoyed. "Please, drop it, Mr. Smith. You're not going anywhere with this."

Ub3r Own3r

The judge merely glared. "Overruled! This is unacceptable!" He stared at the detective. "I know it's not my place to tell you, but someone's getting a cut in salary."

The baliff entered the room. "Your Honor, I've returned with the results of the phone call. Apparently, whoever called dialed 911, but the strangest part is that the instant that they reached the police department they hung up."

Phone Booth updated in the Court Record.

The judge stroked his beard thoughtfully. "I've come to a conclusion on today's proceedings. It seems we cannot continue the trial under these circumstances. When we reconvene tomorrow, two questions must be answered. What was the murder weapon, and who was the mystery person in the phone booth?"

He raised his gavel. "Court adjourned."

[Later, I'll make an information post about everything for Day 2: Investigation. Great job, guys! =)]
Re: Trial JN-8: Day Two - InvestigationTopic%20Title

XD

Objection

"Your Honor, why must we wait until tomorrow? We have yet another witness to call, and all evidence points to Sanders being the guilty the party? What could we possibly find tomorrow that we don't have today?"

((Sorry I'm being such a dick everyone <_<))

Ub3r Own3r

The judge frowned and his eyebrows moved down. Doesn't anyone pay attention to my gavel anymore?

He sighed. "Look, I pounded my gavel, so court is adjourned. I don't see any reason to prolong today's proceedings anymore, so court dismissed."

He pounded his gavel so hard it broke.

"Uh.." he ran out of the courtroom, tears running down his cheeks.

[Don't apologogize man, you're just in character and you're doin' a great job. Information for Day Two comin' soon..]

XD

Micheal Darke went towards the doors, deciding to leave his stuff in the courtroom. He didn't really care if someone stole it, anyway. On his way out, he turned towards the defense bench, seeing the defense still getting their stuff together. "Hey, Defense Attorneys!" He called. "Lemme give you a hand."

Jake sighed. He was gonna answer Mr. Darkes questions, but the judge seemed to act a little fast. It didn't matter anyway, he would finally get to talk to Pete and see about this stuff. He had a couple questions that would really help him understand what happened.

Not realizing a minute had passed by in his thought, he snapped back to reality when he was asked the question. "Uhh...I got it, thanks. I just brought a briefcase and some papers. Oh...and uh, if I said anything offensive in court, sorry, I just get too drawn in during court sometimes" Jake said.

(OOC: Sorry for double post, but whatever happened to that letter you sent me, Tallaan? 0.o)

(Whoops, sumimasen... I'll get to that... whenever work permists)

Ub3r Own3r

Day Two - Investigation - Part One

Smith and Sanders Law Offices
Talk - Jake Smith / Jenny Westheaven

Criminal Affairs Department
Talk - Detective Gumshoe

Barber Shop
Talk - Riku (Witness Three) / Eddy (Witness Two)

Prosecution Offices
Talk - Tallaan / Michael Darke

Fred Patterson's House
Talk - Mrs. Patterson

Eh..should work out for now. I'll kinda let you guys go with the flow, make your own story. Let me know if you need any help.

XD

((So, wait... do we just talk to people in this thread?))

Ub3r Own3r

((Yeah, pretty much. Unless you/anyone has any ideas or suggestions, since that was the best I could come up with. o.o))

(Things are going to get real random REAL fast, and I'll Pm you the letter tomorrow... tired *yawn*)

Maybe I'm a Liger...

(Ummmm.... do I just start giving my info?)

Ub3r Own3r

(Sure thing, that works.)

Maybe I'm a Liger...

Why hellooooooooo there!!!
(A flamboyantly dressed man approaches. He is wearing a hairdresser's smock and has painstakingly perfect blonde hair. Oh, and did I mention he loves purple? Yeah. He's as queer as a three-dollar bill.)
Faabulouuusss! I love your hair!!! Where ever did you get it done?
By the way, the name's Riku.

(assuming your talking to me 0.o)

"Uhh...Hey, my names Jake...didn't you witness the murder, or the scene right after the murder?"

Maybe I'm a Liger...

Well.. only the moment of impact, if you knowwhat i mean. The moment of death, darling... I was too scared to stay behind, I ran like a bat out of hell aftrer that.

*Tallaan starts walking from the courtroom to the prosecution offices with his custom bech in hand, getting many weird stares on the way to the prosecution office and even inside the office as well. But Tallaan shrugs it off, being used to it by now*

Hmm, never really BEEN here before, but I should have an office... somewhere

*After looking around for a short time, he notices a door with his name on it*

This might be it

*Though not a fancy office, it's not half bad either, the basic essentials, desk, a good computer, a 2-peice leather chair so his tails can hang from the back, chairs for other people(leather too), and a metal inbox/outbox... with so much paperwork in the inbox that it's starting to buckle*

... Wow... talk about being behind on paper work... well better get started

*Tallaan, places his bench on a wall to the side of his desk, jumps into his chair, surfs the internet for some music to listen too and starts reading over the mountain of paperwork, writing where needed*

(OOC: Before you need to remind me, I bairly had time to myself last week... it sucked... but I'll get to the letter whenever I EVER have some time)

"Hmm...I'm going to save most of my questions about the time of murder for court tomorrow. I do have some other questions though. Did you know the victim?"

Ub3r Own3r

Calmly sweeping off the front porch of her house, Mrs. Patterson would look extremely somber. Yet at the same time, she would look extremely determined. Sighing, she knew she couldn't bear to be present at the trial. However, she would gladly answer the questions the prosecution would have as she would want the murderer to come to justice. The defense would be hard-pressed to get anything out of her...

Stop ruining my epic moment! D<

DT183 wrote:
"Hmm...I'm going to save most of my questions about the time of murder for court tomorrow. I do have some other questions though. Did you know the victim?"

((Hope you don't mind me jumping in))

"Getting any further, Jake?" came her silky smooth reply.

Up walked Jenny, dressed in clothes of a frilly, red-and-gold scheme, her hair cut shorter and dyed red-auburn at the tips. She smiled brightly at her friend.

(Whoa, SIV)

"Not yet.." He said. He turned back, and said "Lets go to the detention center, theres a few things I would like to ask Pete" He said. "Get a haircut? Looks nice" he said in a casual tone as he walked towards where his brief case to get a paper or two.

"Ee hee hee, you noticed!" Jenny said. "Well, off to detention!"

Ub3r Own3r

"Jake! You came!" Pete exclaimed. "Oh, I'm so glad you're here!"

"Oh man do I have a lot to ask you. First off, the phone thing. Did you lie? If not, when were you on the phone and where was it."

Jenny took a seat next to Jake, listening intently to the other two's conversation. She might be able to pick up on some things that could go in the Court Record that Sanders might forget about during the trial tomorrow.

Ub3r Own3r

"I swear!" Pete exclaimed. "I was!"

"I'm not questioning if you were. But, which phone were you on? A cell phone? Or...was it the payphone outside the salon?" If it was the payphone, then obviously his theory was wrong. He believed Pete was on a cell phone, or some other phone, and it was someone else Eddy saw. At the moment he believed what Eddy said, but he would believe Pete more...

Ub3r Own3r

"It was a payphone," he said. "I called 911 after seeing the dead body."

Jenny jotted down these notes on a pad and paper she kept with her in her purse.

"Mmm...a payphone..." she mused. "Well, that looks like it blows your cell phone theory out of the water Jake...sadly," she added in a rather matter of fact voice.
Page 2 of 3 [ 86 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House