FB-11 Assassin's Turnabout Day 1 InvestigationTopic%20Title

TLS Admin and Representative

FB-11 Assassin's Turnabout

Day 1

Investigation

January 31 7:25 PM

Gatewater Hotel

Jonothan Smith and John Doe's Suite

Jonothan was fiddling with his PDA at the table of the main area of the hotel suite while John was watching the local news, sipping a cup of Earl Gray Tea. What broke routine was a call forwarded to the room. Jonothan answered the phone. "Hello?" spoke the assistant. The person on the other side of the phone answered, "Hello, this is the kitchen. We prepared yours and your client's meal and called you personally as you requested! Come and get it when you're ready," the person replied. Jonothan thanked the caller and hung up.

"That was the kitchen. I will retrieve the meals and come back in fifteen minutes," Jonothan spoke to his client. John nodded, "Very well. I will keep the door locked and wait your return."

Jonothan nodded, left and closed the door, which proceeded with a swift *click*. Jonothan headed towards the kitchen when he observed that the main way to the kitchen was blocked by someone slipped and fell on the floor, paramedics blocking the way. Jonothan then proceeded towards the kitchen by an alternate route that took a little more time. The kitchen was quite crowded and loud when he found two covered plates on a tray with a note: "Meals for Jonothan Smith and John Doe. Don't touch!" Jonothan swiftly took the tray calmly and left the kitchen. He proceeded towards the third floor via elevator and arrived five minutes later than he originally planned. He knew he was going to be penalized by his client for not arriving on time, but found the door opened a crack.

Knowing something was wrong, Jonothan pushed the door open swiftly, quickly laid the tray on the table and checked on John Doe. What Jonothan saw that day was the only thing he could possibly witness that could make Jonothan lose composure. Dead. His client was dead. he swiftly called the front desk to call the police quickly. The time between the time that he called the front desk to the time hotel security arrived, he swiftly packed away everything that would give away his and his client's identity away when he found something completely unexpected on the table near John Doe's body: A white card with a shell on it.

He knew what he was seeing was impossible, but he had to hide it! As he was altering the crime seen to cover up their identies, a very old security guard ran inside to find a young man packing things away, holding a pistol with a man sitting in a chair, dead. Without missing a beat, the old security guard tackled Jonothan to the ground, getting the pistol herself to hold Jonothan in place while the police arrived.

How will you solve the case?
Re: FB-11 Assassin's Turnabout Day 1 InvestigationTopic%20Title

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Got it all. Now, Mr. Smith, I need to ask you something: Do you know if your client was in bad terms with anybody?

Jonothan looked at his attorney with a neutral look on his face, almost unmoved by emotion.

"No, how could I possibly know a thing like that?"

All of a sudden...

:psycho-lock: :psycho-lock: :psycho-lock: :psycho-lock: :psycho-lock:

Gizoid

A tall, thin man with a shabby suit and shaggy hair burst into the Detention Center meeting room.

"Mr. Ramos! You've been here all this time? Well, now I look like an idiot. I went all the way to your office to try to find you! But anyway..."

The tall, thin man coughed, and assumed a more formal stance.

"Anyway, sorry to interrupt, so I'll get right to the point. The name's Dominic Roxburghe, Mr. Ramos, and I was wondering - have you agreed to take on this case? And do you need an assistant? Because I've got a hunch that could blow this case wide open..."

(OOC: Hope I'm doing alright. Feel free to correct my method if I'm not.)

((You're doing fine, so far.))

It was plain to see to those who had a Magatama or certain "other" means that Jonothan Smith is lying about knowing about any hostility to the late John Doe. Jonothan looked at the entrant and promptly answered, "First off, allow me to introduce myself. I am known as Jonothan Smith. I am the man you will be defending in this trial," Jonothan continued, "Secondly, I do believe you said something about a 'hunch'...? I'd like to know what that hunch is unless, of course, it is a secret between attorneys..."

Gizoid

Dominic stared at Mr Smith for a moment. How this guy can remain so calm when he's on trial for murder is beyond me.

"Well, Mr Smith, I'd be more than happy to take the first step down the path of my hunch. But first..."

Dominic turned his gaze towards Mr Ramos. "...I need the word." Dominic extended his hand out towards Ivan. "From my new boss?"

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Ivan looked at Mr. Roxburghe while he approached. "Well, hello there, assisstant. May I call you so?", Ivan said, shaking Dominic's hand. "Pleassure to work with you."
"Yes, Mr. Roxburghe, we'll be taking Mr. Smith's case. He's been accused of murder", Ivan said to his aide. "Mr. Smith," Ivan said to his client, holding a little green 9-shaped gem in his left hand. "Talk me about your client. Did he know anybody that you also know? I mean clients, or other people related to you job, or just some of Mr. Doe's 'friends' that you know or used to know."

"By the way, Mr. Roxburghe...", asked Ivan to his aide. "What do you mean when you say 'hunch'? I didn't get to your point in that one."

Ivan looked at Mr. Smith. He looked so calm. Well, that was a kind of advantage in court, since Prosecutor Gray wouldn't be able to break this guy's confidence, that's for sure. He looked just as a killer's assistant, of course. But what was Smith's relation to Mr. Doe? What did 'Hakuro de Killer' 's calling card doing in that suitcase? And, of course, whose suitcase was it?

Gizoid

"Well, I'm hoping I'm not covering ground you already know, Mr Ramos, so I'll get straight to the point. I know some people who know some people, if you know what I mean, and they claim to have seen the victim as he entered the Gatewater Hotel. Their description was... interesting to say the least, but these people aren't exactly willing to make themselves known. So I need some evidence to back up my theory."

Dominic glanced between Mr Ramos and Mr Smith. "Would one of you be able to give me a physical description of the victim? Or a photo, for that matter, if you have one."

Mr. Smith looked at Mr. Ramos to answer his question.

"I have heard of a handful of names while working with my client, but the names weren't of any importance of me."

Shortly after, he was asked about the physical description of the victim. This made him give off an almost unnoticeable cringe for a split second before reverting back to his calm and collected poker face.

"I have a photograph of the victim... it's right here..."

The picture shows a man of middle-age with a monocle over his left eye and a baseball-shaped scar vertically across his face. He is shown with a small child smiling with a football-looking scar vertically across his face.

Gizoid

Dominic was taken aback by Mr Smith's momentary lapse. Does he know where I'm going with this?

"Well, Mr Smith, it seems this photo matches the description I received, and that is most interesting. I think we can all accept that a man with a face like this is uncommon at best. I have heard of one case where a similar description was made in a testimony. Interestingly, it was another murder trail, and the murder took place at the very same hotel where Mr Doe met his unfortunate and somewhat ironic end."

A thin trickle of sweat worked its way down Dominic's brow. It was a bold claim that he was about to make. Right or wrong, it would have a major impact.

Dominic coughed. "But I digress. Although I don't believe it was proven conclusively, it was generally believed that the stitched man in that case was, in fact, Shelley de Killer."

Well, now we are getting onto something, Ivan thought. "Out of curiosity...", he asked Jonothan Smith. "Did any of this people get in... 'bad terms' with the victim? Like an unpleasant client, maybe?". Ivan knew who he was dealing with. It was relly hard to take a drop of information from this man, but he and Mr. Roxburghe would be able to get it... would they?
"By the way, Mr. Smith, can we keep this photo as evidence? It would help your case, if you cooperate."

((nintendofreakqcn, If you have any doubts write down in an excel the information from the "FB-11 Assassin's Turnabout" and "FB-11 A T Day 1 Investigation" topics, evidence included. ALL the information. The police had already discovered that Doe was Shelly de Killer, and there was a calling card with a Shell (his calling card) in the room))

((While the police discovered that the victim is Shelly de Killer, no one else besides the police, the prosecutor, and the prosecutor's aide actually know about the police's find.))

Mr. Smith had a very faint stunned look on his face at Mr. Roxburghe's statement, but responded, "Are you sure that the man I supposedly killed is Mr. Shelly de Killer? The famous assassin...?"

Mr. Smith then looked at Mr. Ramos, "As I told you before, I don't know anything about Mr. Doe's dealings. I am just his assistant, "Mr. Smith continued, "Do you have any proof that my client, Mr. John Doe, was involved in any illegal actions...?"

:psycho-lock: :psycho-lock: :psycho-lock: :psycho-lock: :psycho-lock:

Finally, Mr. Smith continued, "Also, you may keep the photograph for evidence, but I must have it back when the trial is over. Is that clear, Mr. Ramos...?"

((Ok, tell me if its Ok to say this, if not, just ignore it and tell me why not.))

"Alright, you'll have the photo by then. And about the evidence of Mr. Doe's identity, we actually HAVE...", Ivan answered to his client. "Can you tell me what was this card doing in yours and Mr. Doe's room?" While saying this, Ivan pulled out from a bag a card. It had a pink shell drawn in it. "From what I know, this is Shelly de Killer's calling card, am I correct?"

*Ack!* Jonothan had been careless. How could he leave such a vital piece of evidence behind?

:psycho-lock:

Jonothan quickly regained composure, "How can you be sure that card belonged to my client? It could have been mine. After all, I am a fan of the famous assassin, after all. You have to admire someone with such a watertight code of honor in a killer," Jonothan continued, "What proof do you have that that card belongs to my client and not to me?"

((Also, just like in the second Phoenix Wright game onwards, you can present character profiles! However, the defense must have previously met with the character about the current case to use their profile. So far, the defense does not know any witnesses, the prosecution, the prosecution's aide, the judge, or the detective.))

Pressing until the end.

Micheal Gray arrived at the Gatewater Hotel, calm and composed, he cleared this throat loudly as he walked up to the front desk, his briefcase being held in his right hand, while he used his left hand to ring the bell at the desk. He waited calmly for someone to come and serve him, all the witnesses he needed to talk to were at this very hotel.

((I'll wait for Hakuro to take me to who he'd like me to speak to first))

The Maya Fey of iPods.

" Wait up, Mr.Gray!" Behind the composed man came a young woman, her light brown hair tied neatly in a low ponytail. A brown messenger bag, slightly darker than her hair, was worn around her body as she walked into the Gatewater Hotel. She followed the prosecutor to the front desk with confidence, her ever present smile plastered on her face. Today was going to be a good day, she knew it! After all, she was working with Micheal Gray.
((Ah, nothing better than contrasting personalities. ))
Avatar by Vicki, sig by Mr.Trite. Thanks, guys.

Eek! They didn't have such proof. They should go and investigate a bit more. "Well, Mr. Smith, I guess you are right. If you excuse us, we'll be in the Gatewater Hotel. Await for our visit. Mr. Roxburghe, shall we go?" Ivan adressed Dominic. They needed to gather more information from the witnesses, the security guard, the journalist and the bellboy. And, of course, from the detective.

Pressing until the end.

(( Haha, yeah, looks like this will be fun. ))

Micheal turned around, coldly looking at the woman. 'Hmph...Please, try and keep up will you? Now listen, before we go in there, try to avoid blurting anything out that could hurt our case. In addition...'

Micheal looked around to make sure no one was listening in on them before continuing.

'I may need to ask that the witnesses withold certain information for the good of our case, or I may even need them to say things that aren't true. I tell you now, If you can't handle that, you better go find yourself a new prosecutor to work with.'

The Maya Fey of iPods.

Rose, in return, let out a small "Hmph!" Of her own. "You don't need to remind me, Mr.Gray! I'm not stupid!" She flciked back a piece of loose hair before continuing, trying to match her stride with that of the more experienced man. She nodded as he spoke, but a small knot formed in her stomach. Withhold information? But wasn't that...

"Whatever you say, Mr.Gray." She spoke in a slightly quieter tone, feeling a little lost. Had he really been holding information from the court? Could he do that? On the other hand, she knew that Mr.Gray had to know what he was doing- He'd say something in court, right? She smiled and nodded to herself- yeah, that had to be right! Mr.Gray wouldn't forge information!
"Okay, then who do we have to talk to first?" She almost started to giggle- I feel like a secret agent or something!, she thought.

Pressing until the end.

Micheal pondered, thinking for a moment. He then begun talking, not even facing the girl.

'Well, I was hoping whoever would be easiest to get too first would be who we would speak to, but no one's coming.

However, I figure that we should talk to Jennifer Corrida first, if she's here. She's the journalist, and her testimony is likely going to be the most important in court. We have to talk to her before the defence team does, and make sure her story will look good for us, because she claims to have seen the whole thing, and despite the security lady who claimed the same thing, I've gone over the records, and she's been in court before and well...Let's just say that she's not the best witness to have'.

Micheal then turned around and directly faced the girl for the first time. 'So what do you think?'

((Got it))

Last edited by Micheal Gray on Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Maya Fey of iPods.

(( Just a quick note: It's Corrida, not not Corrado. :3))

Rose nodded, suddenly having Micheal staring directly at her. 'Yeah, that sounds like a good idea!" Suddenly, an idea struck her, and her ever-present smile grew. "Not to mention, I think she'll help us keep the defendant in jail no matter what1 Her last name is Corrida, right?" Her right hand went to her chin as she cocked her head slightly, stopping in her tracks as she thought. "If I'm thinking correctly, I remember Juan Corrida, the action actor, was murdered a while back. I'm sure she's familiar with the justice system, right?" Rose looked at the prosecutor with hope as she spoke again. "The Engarde case, right?"

Pressing until the end.

Micheal smirked, and looked somewhat pleased for a change, 'I'm quite impressed, you've really got the case history down. You're right, that will be a big boon for us. I'm sure this girl will be hard to break by the prosecution. Good work.' Micheal nodded at her, before returning to looking at the desk, waiting for someone to come.

The Maya Fey of iPods.

Rose smiled despite herself. She didn't dare tell the prosecutor that she simply read about the murder in the paper while she was in law school and connected the last time. "Thanks, Mr.Gray!" she said happily while waiting for somebody to come to the desk- She didn't think it would take this long. After somebody was murdered her, you'd think this place would be a lost less busy... She was itching to start- She was, despite what people thought, serious about her job, and wanted to prove to everybody (Especially Mr.gray!), that she could do it.

Gizoid

DeMatador wrote:
Eek! They didn't have such proof. They should go and investigate a bit more. "Well, Mr. Smith, I guess you are right. If you excuse us, we'll be in the Gatewater Hotel. Await for our visit. Mr. Roxburghe, shall we go?" Ivan adressed Dominic. They needed to gather more information from the witnesses, the security guard, the journalist and the bellboy. And, of course, from the detective.

Dominic frowned as he nodded. "Yeah, we do seem to have hit a bit of a brick wall, but the question we must ask ourselves is, 'Should we go over, around or under?' Heck, there might even be a secret door in the wall, for all we know."

Dominic grinned, sure that he'd just baffled Mr Ramos with that analogy. "Yeah, I'm not sure I quite get it either, sir. To put it more simply, who should we interview first?"

Dominic flicked through the court record. "Now, there was something curious in the evidence, specifically the gun and how it relates to the autopsy report, or the crime photo, for that matter. There seems to be a contradiction there, and I'm wondering if the detective can explain it." Dominic shrugged his shoulders, and sighed. "On the other hand, detectives are known to be in league with the prosecution, so you might want to save the contradiction for court, to catch them off-guard. It's your choice, sir."

Dominic stroked his unshaven chin as he recalled the details he'd heard of Mr Smith's story. "In terms of witnesses, I think the security lady would be the best place to start. If our client is telling the truth, then she certainly saw him cleaning up the crime scene. I think she'll be the first one called to the stand after the detective, so I think we need to know what she's going to say ahead of time... as much as is possible, anyway."

Shinya took of his sunglasses when he entered the precinct
The defense should be with the suspect
He reassured himself as he got into the elevator,
his black detective coat trailing behind him.
He brushed some of his long blue and silver hair out of his face,
as he headed up to the visitor floor, showing the guard his I.D. and waiting in the lobby

GATEWATER HOTEL INVESTIGATON

Hello! This is TM (Trial Master) speaking! For the purpose of Day 1: Investigation, I will allow the following groups control each witnesses while outside of the courtroom and detention center until after Day 1: Trial.

Team Gray (Prosecution): Bellboy

Team Ramos (Defense): Wendy Oldbag.

Please roleplay them as canon as possible.

What they know:

Bellboy:

-He was with Jennifer Corrida on the third floor.
-The bellboy glanced over to see Jennifer enter the victim/defendant's room.
-Jennifer told the bellboy she was a friend of the victim and wanted to pop in.
-The bellboy left in the elevator without Ms. Corrida.

Ms. Oldbag:

-She "saw everything".
-After viewing the murder (as she claims), she subdued the defendant and waited for the police.
-She thought the victim was quite attractive.
-She claims there was no doubt that the denfendant killed the victim.

Jennifer Corrida also seems to have stepped out from the hotel for the time being, but she will be back...

After the prosecution and the defense have interviewed their respective witnesses, I will take over both of them and continue the storyline from there.

TM signing off!

Pressing until the end.

Micheal Gray glared as the bellboy finally arrived at the front desk, he looked at his watch, and sighed at the amount of time they'd been forced to wait. 'Took your time, didn't you?' said Gray, with a sharp edge to his voice.

'S-sorry, sir? I didn't realise you were waiting, I was upstairs and I...'

Gray cut him off with a flick of his hand, 'Excuses, I have no time for them.'

'Sir, are you here to see the famed Gatewater Hotel, which some have dubbed the 'Killer's Domain', full of mystery and suspense, sir! I have a tour if you...'

Gray sighed and banged his hand on the table, causing the bellboy to jump.

'I'm prosecutor Micheal Gray, I called ahead. I'm here to talk to everyone involved in the present case, now am I to assume that you're the man who claims to have been with this 'Jennifer Corrida' when she witnessed the murder?'

'Well, yes, sir, That would be me.' The bellboy looked somewhat scared by Gray's manner of speaking, he wasn't taking this lightly at all.

'Good, Since you're here, I'll speak with you first. Take us somewhere where me and my companion can talk with you in private.'

((So, WE must roleplay them. But how do we know if they hide something? YOU know that, Hakuro, and maybe the witnesses know more than we know.))

"I get you, Mr. Roxburghe. Let's get to the Gatewater Hotel." Ivan and Dominic ((sorry for godmodding, if it is)) went to the Gatewater Hotel, Ivan being anxious to talk to the security guard. She claims that she "saw everything"... but does she? Well, only time will tell.

((nintendofreakqcn, can you go on? I'm some kind of trouble in my house, so won't be online for a while. Thanks.))

Pressing until the end.

Micheal walked into a small conferencing room, followed quickly by Rose, both of them being led here by the bellboy. Micheal looked around as he walked in, he was somewhat taken aback by it's extravagence. A very, very large floor area with a table that spanned nearly the entire room, and a window that stretched throughout most of the room, giving a view of the whole city. The bellboy coughed, and turned around to face the two lawyers.

'Ah-hum, Sorry, But it's the most secluded room we have, we're not used to using it for so few people however. Uhm, please take a seat', The bellboy indicated towards a chair for Micheal, and pulled it for him, Micheal simply rolled his eyes and sat down. The bellboy did the same for Rose before sitting down on another chair and situated just across from where they were sitting. Micheal turned around and looked at Rose, 'You, You may question this one, I want to see how you do, girl.'

Gizoid

(Consider this one handled, DeMatador, as well as I can. I hope your troubles get fixed up.)

Dominic strode into the Gatewater Hotel. Mr Ramos had needed to check out some other things - what they were, he wouldn't say. This left Dominic to interview the security lady and try to get as much information as he could.

Dominic's eyes swept over the front hall. His gaze briefly fell upon the front desk, where a man and a woman were engaged in a conversation with the bellboy. Hmm, I've got a hunch that's the prosecution team. Maybe if I sneak around, I can catch some of their conversation and -

Before Dominic could finish that thought, he was jabbed in the back by something that felt almost alien. His arms shot straight up on reflex. He'd been mugged a few times, so he knew the drill, even if he'd never been robbed in a hotel.

"Hold it, whippersnapper!" said a feisty voice. "This area's off-limits!"

Dominic breathed a sigh of relief. "Oh, it's only you." He turned around, and nearly leapt out of his skin. He was face to face with what appeared to be some sort of alien in a space suit.

"I said hold it, whippersnapper!" The 'alien' pointed a toy ray gun at Dominic.

RATA-TATA-TATA-TATA-TATA!

Dominic sighed. "I remember reading about this. Ms Oldbag, if you would please put the gun down, I won't be too long."

Oldbag lowered the gun and removed her space helmet, revealing her wrinkly face. "Ah, so you've read about me, have you? I shouldn't be surprised, since I'm so lovely and all. Why, back in the day all the boys would fall head over heels for me and create a right mess as they piled up all around me spilling whatever they were carrying at the time - "

Dominic raised his hand, urging Ms Oldbag to stop talking. "Ms Oldbag, I'm afraid I am short of time. The name's Dominic Roxburghe, and I'm working for the defence team of Mr Jonothan Smith."

Oldbag scowled. She panted heavily, and growled. "That foul killer! He went and killed that lovely Mr Doe! How dare he! I'll give him a piece of my mind in court!"

Dominic gritted his teeth. I'm glad I don't have to cross-examine this witness. "Ms Oldbag, while even I do not doubt that Mr Smith is the prime suspect at this point, I've been looking through the evidence, and there is still room for doubt."

Oldbag smirked as she raised her raygun to the side of her head. "Oh no, there's no doubt, no matter what your precious evidence might say. I saw everything!"

Dominic's mouth dropped open for a moment. Everything? That's not the impression I got. He pulled out a pen and notebook from one of his many pockets. "Very well, Ms Oldbag, if you will just tell me what you saw, I'll take down some notes and be on my way."

"Well, what's to say? I was passing by the room and heard some commotion. I burst in, and then I saw it..."

Dominic wrote in his notebook. It seems she didn't hear a gunshot, or she would have mentioned it specifically. Best to leave that for Mr Ramos to press, though, just in case she changes her story. "Anyway, what did you see, Ms Oldbag?"

Oldbag went seething once again. "That lovely, handsome Mr Doe, dead in his chair! And that horrible killer, holding the gun in his hand!"

Again with the attractive victim. If it wasn't for the fact that she obviously subdued Mr Smith, I'd wonder if she'd even seen the victim. Dominic made a note of that, just in case. He did a double-take as he thought about Oldbag's words. Dead in his chair? That's odd. Dominic pulled out his copy of the court record. Sure enough, there was a photo in there, showing Mr Doe dead in his chair. Dominic showed the photo to Oldbag. "Ms Oldbag, is this how the victim looked to you?"

Ms Oldbag barely gave the photo a second glance. "Yes, that's how he looked, though I was more focused on that killer. I had him pinned down before he knew what hit him!"

Dominic nodded. "Yes, even the defendent seems to agree with that part. At any rate, you claim that there was absolutely nothing to cast doubt on Mr Smith's supposed guilt?"

"You don't get it, do you, whippersnapper? He was there, he had the gun, and he was trying to clear away the evidence. What possible doubt could there be? I swear, whippersnappers today, no respect for anyone..." With those words, Oldbag stormed off.

Dominic was tempted to follow, but he needed to send what little info he'd gotten to Mr Ramos. Maybe he'd have an idea that could get some more info out of Oldbag. Dominic slipped away his other possessions and whipped out his mobile phone. He hammered in a text message to Mr Ramos, explaining what little he had found. He sent it, and ran towards where he'd last seen Ms Oldbag. He'd only seen one significant seed of doubt in what she'd said, and he couldn't afford to let the prosecution catch her and convince her otherwise. If he had to cause his own brand of commotion to get her attention, so be it.

The Maya Fey of iPods.

Rose looked up at the prosecutor with wide eyes. "Really?" she asked happily, smiling a bit. Finally! She cleared her thoart professionally as she sat up straight in her chair, crossing one leg over another as she removed a note pad and a pen from the messenger bag she wore.

"Alright, Mister...Well, first I'm going to need a name." Her note pad was open, looking at the bell boy with interest. "And when you're done with that, I need you to tell me where you were at the time of the murder." She fought the desire to look over at the older prosecutor, wanting to search his face to see if she was starting out well: After all, the bellboy was suppossed to be a 'decisive witness', and she wouldn't dare mess up in front of Mr.Gray.

((Back again. Thanks for covering me up, but now i'm back and can dedicate to this for a while!))

Ivan's cellphone vibrated. He had recieved a text message. It was from Mr. Roxburghe. He had talked to the security (old) lady and he was telling him what he got. It wasn't much, really, but it was something. "Ok, Dominic, thanks for that. I'll be there in a moment." Ivan answered with another text message. He left the place where he was and went to the Gatewater Hotel.

In the Gatewater Hotel...

Ivan entered the Gatewater Hotel. When he stepped inside, he saw two persons talking to a bellboy, a man and a woman. They must be the prosecuting team, he thought. He tried to hear something while passing by, but Mr. Roxburghe following the security lady catched his attention.
"Mr. Roxburghe, Mrs. Oldbag!"

Gizoid

Dominic heard Mr Ramos' shouts. He lunged at Oldbag, grabbing her by the arm. She whirled on the spot, and tackled him to the ground.

"What was that for?" Dominic shouted from his rather compromising position.

"Reflex and experience, whippersnapper," Oldbag replied. She pointed at Mr Ramos. "Now who is that man?"

"That's Mr Ramos, my boss. He might have some more questions for you. That is, if you get off me."

A few minutes later, Dominic was holding an icepack over his black eye. Oldbag was standing nearby, unusually quietly. Dominic glanced at Mr Ramos. "She's all yours, sir. Personally, I'm wondering whether she actually heard a gunshot, but I'm not sure if she's gonna give us a straight answer."

"Thank you, Dominic.", Ivan said at his assistant. He had saved him by covering him with Oldbag. "Now, Mrs. Oldbag, if you'll calm down...".

"Oh, so you must be the lawyer guy.", the old lady said at Ivan. "I remember a lawyer I knew some years later. Pointy hair, a blue suit, a weird-clothed assistant... I don't remember his name, but it was really strange. Oh, that whippersnaper made me look like I was the killer everytime. ME! Do you believe it? But he was a good man after all, and he..."

Oh, for crying out loud, this woman is REALLY nuts. "Please, Mrs. Oldbag!", Ivan tried to say, shouting without noticing it. "The only thing I need to talk to you about is the murder, ok? Then we'll leave, and you won't bother you any more. Now, can you please tell me exactly what you saw that night?"

"No"

"B-But Mrs. Oldbag! We need your help to find Mr. Doe's REAL killer! Don't you want to know who killed your...?"

"I wasn't in love with him!", Oldbag replied to Ivan's still-not-said question. "And I have already told you: that man, that Smith guy, killed him! Oh, my poor Johnie! And I won't help you!"

Hmm... perhaps if I give her something that could make her talk... Got it! "But, Mrs. Oldbag!", Ivan said, trying not to laugh. "If you don't give us the information, we won't give you this...". Ivan took out of his bag a photograph. It was Doe's photograph. "It was the last photo that was taken of him. It's a pity you won't get it..."

"Wh-Wh-WHERE DID YOU GET THAT!!!!!", Oldbag screamed, furious.

"Who do you think that gave it to me? Mr. Smith! The 'killer', according to you.", Ivan looked at Dominic with a Never do what I'll do now... i mean it. look on his face. "He, Mr. Smith, told me to give it to you. Now, would a bad man do that?"

"R-Really? That man told you to give this to me! To ME!" Oldbag started laughing. "I don't believe you. Do you have proof that this photo was given to you by the-I mean that Smith guy?"

Damn it, i almost got her! Ivan turned and whispered to Dominic: "Take this photo to Mr. Smith and ask him to write that he wanted to give it to Oldbag. Tell him that that will change the witnesses thoughts about him. Can you do that? I'll keep Mrs. Oldbag here, don't you worry about that."

Pressing until the end.

Gray sighed as the information was slowly extracted from the bellboy. He had a small notepad open, and he had yet to even fill the first page with information he could properly use. He could tell the girl was trying her best to get information from the witness, but anyone could notice that the man's story was full holes, and was constantly changing, it very much seemed that the witness was trying to exaggerate his role in the affair.

Gray sighed deeply, 'Ms. Helms, could you please get him to take it from the top?'

Gizoid

Quote:
Damn it, i almost got her! Ivan turned and whispered to Dominic: "Take this photo to Mr. Smith and ask him to write that he wanted to give it to Oldbag. Tell him that that will change the witnesses thoughts about him. Can you do that? I'll keep Mrs. Oldbag here, don't you worry about that."

"I'm on it," Dominic said as he grabbed the photo with his spare hand. He rushed out of the Gatewater Hotel, heading straight for the Detention Center.

In the Detention Center

Dominic walked into the room, discarding the icepack, which had mostly melted. His eye had stopped hurting, anyway, although he was sure it still looked a mess.

Mr Smith was sitting in his chair, looking as calm as always. Dominic sat down in his own chair. "Sorry to bother you, Mr Smith, but I need to ask for a favour. It's going to sound weird... because it is." Dominic pulled out the photo. "I need you to write something to say that you want to give this to the security lady, Wendy Oldbag. I know it's crazy, but it seems she had a thing for Mr Doe. If you do this, it's bound to improve her opinion of you, and should help us get some more useful info from her."

Jonothan looked at the defense's assistant, "Why do you need to give that to her when you can give her a duplicate...? The original photograph means a lot to me and I would rather not hand it over to anyone unless I expect it back..."

The Maya Fey of iPods.

The younger woman nodded slightly. She could tell that the bellboy was going to be a hell of a witness...And by that she meant getting his testimony straight. She looked the bellboy directly in the air, her smile turning into a much more serious expression as she began to speak to the bellboy, the pen waiting for the writers hand to jot down key pieces of his testimony.

"Look sir," she began in a tone that meant to say that she wasn't fooling around anymore, "If what you say is true, then I need to hear exactly what you saw. After all..." she started to click the top of her pen, making the tip go in and out, "You know what happens if you're found lying in court, right?"

Gizoid

Dominic nodded. "Ah, right, that had slipped my mind." He stood up. "I'll be back in a trice with a copy of the photo. It should work just as well on Oldbag."

Later...

Dominic returned to the room, holding up two seemingly identical photos. "The duplicate's on lesser quality paper, Mr Smith, but that's the only difference. Are you willing to follow through with the request now?"

Jonothan looked at each photo to identify any significant flaws, but could find none. "Very well. I will give you a note to Ms. Oldbag saying that she may have this photograph." Jonothan wrote a note and handed it to the defense assistant.

*Jonothan's Note added to Defense's Court Record*

"Dear Ms. Oldbag,
I give this person permission to give you this photograph as a sign of my client, the late Mr. John Doe's generosity. Please cherish it with all of your heart as I have these 18 years..."
Page 1 of 2 [ 78 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House