Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)

Page 2 of 4[ 127 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 


Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6901

Don't worry, you didn't. :hobohodo:
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

It's Hell trying to get to Heaven

Gender: Male

Location: the verge of insanity

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:30 am

Posts: 343

How did this topic get derailed? :sadshoe:
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

Breaking hiatus.

Gender: Male

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:36 pm

Posts: 454

Because i was apologizing cause i thought i was intruding
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

Breaking hiatus.

Gender: Male

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:36 pm

Posts: 454

double post :payne:
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

It's Hell trying to get to Heaven

Gender: Male

Location: the verge of insanity

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:30 am

Posts: 343

It got derailed before you apologized.
Re: Matt's ScratchesTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6901

I derailed it with

Bad Player wrote:
What blood splatter in Edgey's office? o.o I dun remember that....


Sorry 'bout that :oops:



Last on-topic post:
Megaman.EXE wrote:
TheSteelSamurai wrote:
Nameless2000 wrote:
He walked into a cactus.


It would explain the unexplained blood you find on the cactis in 1-5.


Now that you say unexplained blood from 1-5...think of the small blood splater in Edgeworths office...maybe something went down in there between Edgey and Engarde'

Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

It's Hell trying to get to Heaven

Gender: Male

Location: the verge of insanity

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:30 am

Posts: 343

If it's not too much trouble, I would like this thread to stay on topic.
Re: Matt's ScratchesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Massachusetts

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:38 pm

Posts: 16

TheSteelSamurai wrote:
Given what we see at the end of the case, I think it's safe to assume he gave them to himself. Whatever the reason, it must have been something big, since it seems to be triggered by fits of anger.


That's the conclusion I came to as well--the scratches were self-inflicted and he uses his hair to cover them up.

As for the glass, it's brandy (though considering they had Phoenix drinking grape juice, of all things, in GS4, I wouldn't be completely shocked if it turned out to be chocolate milk. Seriously, am I the only one who found the grape juice just weird?) and Matt pulls it out of Hammerspace.
Re: Matt's ScratchesTopic%20Title
User avatar

It's Hell trying to get to Heaven

Gender: Male

Location: the verge of insanity

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:30 am

Posts: 343

Cosmic Osmo wrote:
TheSteelSamurai wrote:
and Matt pulls it out of Hammerspace.

That much is obvious.
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

*blink*

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:19 am

Posts: 59

I agree with most everyone else here that the scars came from Matt himself, but I prefer to think they were from Celeste, shortly before they broke up. Sort of like this:

Matt: *Being an evil jerkface (possibly of the almost-rapist variety, Idunno) at Celeste*
Celeste: *Hernails+Mattface=pain*
Matt: ...GTFO my house >:(

And the glass is definatly hammerspace, which is also where his clothes come from. Seriously, think about it: He was arrested in his Nickel Samurai suit, right? Where did the racing jacket he was wearing in detention come from?
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

Gender: Male

Location: Yes

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:19 pm

Posts: 457

He tried to kill another guy( :will: ) and was put on trial,got a guilty verdict and was in jail for 3 months for an attempted murder. :pearl:
Image

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ready to RAWK!?

Gender: Male

Location: Ontario, Canada.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:56 pm

Posts: 9051

I like to believe that the scars came from Shoe, actually... but the DRINK? Until proof is presented, I'll gladly say "Chocolate Milk" for as long as I possibly can. Heh...
Image
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.
Sig by Elriel. Avatar taken from a YouTube video of Rawk Hawk's Theme.
Sig changed on December 08, 2008. Avatar changed on December 14, 2008.
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

Otaku, #1 Machi fan, #2 Machi Fan

Gender: Male

Location: Engl- Ooh, over 3000 posts. (England)

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:06 pm

Posts: 3781

I think the scars come from Shoe, jokingly.

The glass, maybe Matt has MAGIC PANTIES? :minuki:
Image
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOGANT
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ready to RAWK!?

Gender: Male

Location: Ontario, Canada.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:56 pm

Posts: 9051

I found the glass to be hilarious on my second playthrough of the game, because I love making fun of games where they characters seem like they were DESPERATELY trying to look evil using cheesy shadings and stereotypical symbols of evil...

Spoiler: 1-5
OH S***! DARKE'S GOT A BUTTER KNIFE! AND HE'S GLOWING! HEAD FOR THE HILLS! *shot*

Image
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.
Sig by Elriel. Avatar taken from a YouTube video of Rawk Hawk's Theme.
Sig changed on December 08, 2008. Avatar changed on December 14, 2008.
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6901

DramaticaXIV2 wrote:
The glass, maybe Matt has MAGIC PANTIES? :minuki:


Magic panties haven't been invented yet :maggy:

How many times do I have to say this: Matt is Max Galactica's alter ego!! (So it is magic. Just not panties :cards: )
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

Otaku, #1 Machi fan, #2 Machi Fan

Gender: Male

Location: Engl- Ooh, over 3000 posts. (England)

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:06 pm

Posts: 3781

Bad Player wrote:
DramaticaXIV2 wrote:
The glass, maybe Matt has MAGIC PANTIES? :minuki:


Magic panties haven't been invented yet :maggy:


O RLY? Show me proof.
Image
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOGANT
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6901

*deskslam* (we srsly need a smilie for that :nick: )

You're the one who brought up the magic panties, so you are the one who must do the proving!!


(Yes, I did just finish replaying 2-4)
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title

Gender: Male

Location: England

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:03 pm

Posts: 931

Wrestlemania wrote:
I found the glass to be hilarious on my second playthrough of the game, because I love making fun of games where they characters seem like they were DESPERATELY trying to look evil using cheesy shadings and stereotypical symbols of evil...

Spoiler: 1-5
OH S***! DARKE'S GOT A BUTTER KNIFE! AND HE'S GLOWING! HEAD FOR THE HILLS! *shot*


I agree. One of the reasons why I have found it hard to take Engarde seriously is that he's so Bond-villain-y. It's really easy to imagine him stroking Shoe while saying 'no, Mr. Wright, I expect you to die!' and dropping his motorcycle on Phoenix's head as part of an elaborate killing device.
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

Otaku, #1 Machi fan, #2 Machi Fan

Gender: Male

Location: Engl- Ooh, over 3000 posts. (England)

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:06 pm

Posts: 3781

I forget about my avatar on the other forum:
Spoiler: JFA and AJ
Image


Quote by Wrestlemania, IIRC.
Image
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOGANT


Last edited by DramaticaXIV2 on Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ready to RAWK!?

Gender: Male

Location: Ontario, Canada.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:56 pm

Posts: 9051

Needs a drink... try some Milk!
Image
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.
Sig by Elriel. Avatar taken from a YouTube video of Rawk Hawk's Theme.
Sig changed on December 08, 2008. Avatar changed on December 14, 2008.
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

Super Ace Attorney

Gender: Male

Location: USA

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:33 pm

Posts: 968

The game designers did it to make him look stereotypically evil
Jesus is Lord.

Death Note is awesome.

"No, this is a reasonable discussion about pillow humping." -Tinker
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ready to RAWK!?

Gender: Male

Location: Ontario, Canada.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:56 pm

Posts: 9051

Which is what I find makes it hilarious, IMO.
Image
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.
Sig by Elriel. Avatar taken from a YouTube video of Rawk Hawk's Theme.
Sig changed on December 08, 2008. Avatar changed on December 14, 2008.
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

No reason to be excited

Gender: Male

Location: Maryland

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:01 am

Posts: 498

Hazri wrote:
Also, what is in that glass he carries around?


I thought it was scotch, but scotch has a lighter appearance. It could just be dirty water.
Image
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6901

It's chocolate milk. After all, he is Max Galactica's al--*shot*
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title

Gender: Male

Location: England

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:03 pm

Posts: 931

He's FABULOUS like a spring breeze!
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6901

Refreshing like a cloak, silk hat, and white roses!
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title

2sexy4avatarz

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:37 am

Posts: 1

BoT,
As I was playing RfA now, it suddenly came to me. ^
The top of Billy The Cactus was in blood. As we all know, cactuses have needles. And Matt has scratches. ^.

isitconnected? D-
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

Narumitsu > All

Gender: Female

Location: In my own world <333

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:34 pm

Posts: 432

Alright...ready for this? I'm in a Matt-mood right now.

Comedic Theories:

Glass --> Chocolate milk. Honestly, he loves the stuff...who doesn't? I mean, it's milk. And it's CHOCOLATE! :D

Scratches --> If anyone's ever seen this three series of pictures (I'll post 'em tomorrow if you like), it was either Celeste scratching him, Shoe scratching him, or JUAN SENDING A BEAR AFTER HIM. Guess which one I pick.


Serious Theories:

Glass --> Brandy. Matt has a wine celler, so he obviously loves alcohol...and hey, he's just old enough to drink it, too. I imagined he was a teenager who never followed the law...who drank and drove, who snuck alcohol anywhere he could.

Scratches --> Maybe it's the name, but regarding the "goggle" theory for Matt from Death Note (he always wears goggles...he's such a minor charrie so you can pretty much make up anything) I FINALLY came up with my own theory. But this is the PW forum....not the DN one. ^^;

Personally, and I've read numorous fanfics on this one, Matt did it himself. I think he's strong enough to defend himself from anyone who wanted to fuck him up like that.

THEN AGAIN, I do have this scene in my head. When he broke up with Celeste, she got furious at him and scratched his face. He realized the gravity of what he had done at that moment...and, before he could react, just stood there with a shocked expression on his face as she turned and walked away. He didn't even notice he was bleeding until she was gone.
Image
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6901

tsukixkumori wrote:
Alright...ready for this? I'm in a Matt-mood right now.

Comedic Theories:

Glass --> Chocolate milk. Honestly, he loves the stuff...who doesn't? I mean, it's milk. And it's CHOCOLATE! :D


And that just furthers my theory that Matt is Max's alter ego!!
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

No reason to be excited

Gender: Male

Location: Maryland

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:01 am

Posts: 498

tsukixkumori wrote:

Glass --> Brandy.

Why didn't I think of brandy. All I could think of was scotch

tsukixkumori wrote:
THEN AGAIN, I do have this scene in my head. When he broke up with Celeste, she got furious at him and scratched his face.


That makes more sense than any other theory I've heard.
Image
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: England

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:02 pm

Posts: 1955

Maybe...the nickel samurai costume has extra long nails, so one day, he reaches up to scratch his face, forgetting bout the costume and... :psycho-matt: TADAAA!!
Image
^ Click for my graphics ^
Re: Matt's ScratchesTopic%20Title
User avatar

And that's all.

Gender: Male

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:48 pm

Posts: 455

Megaman.EXE wrote:
TheSteelSamurai wrote:
Nameless2000 wrote:
He walked into a cactus.


It would explain the unexplained blood you find on the cactis in 1-5.


Now that you say unexplained blood from 1-5...think of the small blood splater in Edgeworths office...maybe something went down in there between Edgey and Engarde'



:matt: + :edgeworth: = GENIUS.
Quote:
I never liked him at all, and because I write on The Internet, my opinions are important and you should all believe what I believe.
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title

Gender: Male

Location: London, UK

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:16 pm

Posts: 84

Maybe it's his evil cat who scrathched him? As for the glass, maybe Shoe snuck in to the detention centre to bring it to him?
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

Moo.

Gender: Male

Location: I'm Welsh and live in England. Bleh.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:04 pm

Posts: 1753

The glass is either tomato juice or blood
Moo.
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:07 am

Posts: 24

I think Engarde's first set of scars were from when HE FIRST BECAME EVIL. Think about it. He got his first set before meeting Celeste. If he hadn't, there would be no reason for Matt to hide the scars with his hair while dating her. Also, considering his beliefs (trust no one, for anything. Use and throw away) and how he handles stress,
Spoiler: 2-4
He scratched himself silly at the end of 2-4 out of anger/hopelessness/fear that De Killer was out to get him.
my assumption is that Engarde got these scars when he was betrayed by someone really important to him and couldn't take it initially, so he scratched himself.
Spoiler: 2-4
He then made a realization: "If I never give anyone trust again, I can never be hurt in this way again! If I stay on top, then no one can be above me to push me down!" Thus is the Matt Engarde we know of in 2-4
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

Walking the path of heaven, ruler of all

Gender: Male

Location: sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:27 pm

Posts: 1163

I must say that I love all yours idea. But imo I think he got the scratches from Shoe. Capcom maybe wanted all AA fans to go crazy and come up with crazy ideas when it was Shoe the whole time.

According the glass I think that a guy like Engarde needed a cool pose. Engarde stands over logic.
Image
Awesome sig made by Nadindi.
My otp's are. MayaxLarry and PhoenixxFranziska
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wahoo! ~Klonoa

Gender: Male

Location: Breezegale

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:22 pm

Posts: 524

*pictures Gumshoe scratching Matt*

:beef:
Image

It is usually best to admit mistakes when they occur and to seek to restore honor.

WILL YAOI FOR CHAOS EMERALDS.
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

If u c sumthin odd in teh avvie ur crazy

Gender: Male

Location: Away

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:19 am

Posts: 83

Um... Shoe crapped in Matt's costume. Then, engarde kicked him. Shoe, then... KYAAA! SCRATCHES ENGARDE! And his glass, dunno..
Image
SHE-LONG-LEGS ya ass!
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

Fool!

Gender: Female

Location: nowhere to be seen

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:40 pm

Posts: 31

My vote goes to chocolate milk, because real villains are actually wimps XD

(or Bailey's? girly-alcohol, yayz)

As for the scratches... it could be anything, depending on how 'fresh' they are. I have no idea how long scars would last... but maybe it's something he's had for a very long time. I don't have a decent theory to share, really ^^;
"Who needs enemies when you've got friends like detective Gumshoe?"
Re: Matt's Scratches and GlassTopic%20Title
User avatar

Show me your moves, Trite!

Gender: Male

Location: Brazil

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:01 pm

Posts: 308

DynomiteObjection wrote:
I think Engarde's first set of scars were from when HE FIRST BECAME EVIL. Think about it. He got his first set before meeting Celeste. If he hadn't, there would be no reason for Matt to hide the scars with his hair while dating her. Also, considering his beliefs (trust no one, for anything. Use and throw away) and how he handles stress,
Spoiler: 2-4
He scratched himself silly at the end of 2-4 out of anger/hopelessness/fear that De Killer was out to get him.
my assumption is that Engarde got these scars when he was betrayed by someone really important to him and couldn't take it initially, so he scratched himself.
Spoiler: 2-4
He then made a realization: "If I never give anyone trust again, I can never be hurt in this way again! If I stay on top, then no one can be above me to push me down!" Thus is the Matt Engarde we know of in 2-4

There, he has an incredible logic. I believe the same.
This is a sig. Don't you believe me?
Page 2 of 4 [ 127 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO