Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)

Page 3 of 13[ 488 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

Re: My client, Matt Engarde, is...Topic%20Title

Fighting for the acquittal... literally

hippietree12 wrote:
I was the one that mentioned Pearl btw.
How would she have been unhappy with a NOT GUILTY verdict? Just wondering...

Phoenix wouldn't be able to face Maya, destroying Pearl's dream of a relationship between them.

I am the Objector.

I don't know what Pearl's image of phoenix and Maya has to do with anything...
Anyhow, I chose guilty. Yes. I was willing to kill Maya for greater justice. I am such a terrible human being.
I brought this up in a discussion I had in English class about man vs. society. And my friend, who knows about my PW obsession but hates PW himself, start punching me.
Whoever said nothing was impossible obviously never tried to close a revolving door.
"Suspense msuic plays" Oh crap, SAVESAVESAVE! Oh wait, that's my phone. And the caller ID is... MOM!?
"Cornered music plays"
Oh, ****

IT'S A STEPLADDER, DAMMIT.

The Objector wrote:
And my friend, who knows about my PW obsession but hates PW himself, start punching me.

D: Now that ain't right.

You should have objected. And bludgeoned him with a gavel.

"THAT'S MY JUSTICE, BITCH!"

No, I'm joking XD;
Vickinator wins the whole Internet.
devART ~ Fanart Thread

I chose Guilty, only because I knew that it was what the game wanted. Maya and Edgeworth were both pointing me to that direction, so...
However, in real life I think that I would've more likely picked Not Guilty. I wouldn't believe that a miracle would happen. I can't count on something like that in such a tight situation, so I would have to do what I can to save my friend. I don't know how I would deal with getting Adrian convicted, though...

I chose guilty.

If you choose not guilty, you sentence an innocent person to death and let the killer go and possibly kill more people... if you choose guilty, you let an assassin kill an innocent person and get a murderer.

Why yes, I am overly calculating :yummy:

Manipulative jerks are just better.

I've watched both, and I've stumbled upon an interesting fact.
If you want to see Matt act self-absorbed and extremely bastardy, you choose guilty. "Guilty? My wonderful self?" And he will claw up his face in horror because he was found guilty.
If you want to see Matt get what he deserves, and show a more human side, choose not guilty. He will stammer and beg and claw up his face because he is begging to be in jail, rather than live in fear.

"People are simply things to be used. Used and thrown away. Put on a sweet, innocent face, and people will swallow anything you feed them."

I chose Guilty, I wanted to get the happy ending. :will:

Witness my stand... FOUGHT THE LAW!!!

You know? I took like 5 minutes thinking :think-think-think: about that but...
I chose GUILTY cause I sort of believed that even if Maya couldn`t haunt me for all my life she`ll be dissapointed, Edgeworth who gave what he could to help you and on top of things Adrian getting the shock of getting involved... I... I didn`t want to believe I would betray all those people for that.

And something else I... the whole time trusted in Gumshoe I never gave up on him. :gumshoe:
I never spected Franziska :franny: to show up for me like that... I felt happy cause I love Franziska :bellboy:

So... Thanks. Its a pleasure. JI...Ji...Ji...
Thanks. It was, is and always will be a pleasure.
"Getting into law school will make you realize how fucking bonkers these games are... like REALLY"

Last edited by Wanacoba on Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oh snap! I do not hear such a truth...?!

Well, I was reading a walkthrough because I'm a cheater... but I picked "guilty."
Just because Maya told me to...

Boredom is courption of the soul.

Guilty. The person who may have died told me to do so. And a dying person deserves a last wish.

Spoiler:
Later in the trial I said he was Not Guilty to be an ass.

Sweet Rhyme was made by the just as sweet Vickinator!

Oldbag found her man ! èvé

Location: My body is in France but my heart still in Magician's land !

Well, while five minutes I hesitated... I chose "Not Guilty" because I wanted to see Maya again and prefer let a murderer escape instead of leave your very long and close partner die. But on the other side, I couldn't let Adrian be the culprit. And when Franziska came, I was astonished.

And when the second decision came, I chose "Not Guilty" for fun, and saw Engarde's breakdown. =D

But still, it was an unfair choice.

Feather Black wrote:
Well, while five minutes I hesitated... I chose "Not Guilty" because I wanted to see Maya again and prefer let a murderer escape instead of leave your very long and close partner die. But on the other side, I couldn't let Adrian be the culprit. And when Franziska came, I was astonished.

And when the second decision came, I chose "Not Guilty" for fun, and saw Engarde's breakdown. =D

But still, it was an unfair choice.

That's exactly what I liked most about the case (and the whole game, really). Edgeworth tells you you must learn something, and the situation gives you a moral dilemma for you to make a moral decision. Whatever you decide would be what you've learnt from the case - the game doesn't decide what it is.

i chose guilty. not because of maya's wish (who cares when her life is on the line!). i just couldn't get innocent girl guilty, and i couldn't betray edgeworth's trust ._." also, i was mad at engarde at the time, for causing this whole situation with maya, i wanted revenge. :chinami:
(then again, choosing not guilty would be even better for revenge... even though dekiller would probably get him quicker than death sentece, so he wouldnt have to suffer much. but still XD if it wasnt for edgeworth and adrian, i think i could choose it, just to be sadistic :karma: )

i also didnt think they'll let maya die in the game XD
but i dont think i would act the other way if i was forced to choose in real life. i mean, with maya its like i couldn't save her - but with adrian it would just make me a murderer. i felt much easier with the first option...

DarknessLord wrote:
I picked Not Guilty, every time.
I really didn't care about Maya, but I've always felt that it was my duty to make sure my client got a fair trial, regardless of whether he did t or not.
i felt that way too, but i made an exception for matt. XD he was a total asshole, and i blamed him for maya's situation, even if it was deKiller who kidnapped her. (i was just beeing selfish there XD)

anyway both choices sucked. it was one of the best moments in the whole ace attorney series, i think.

Dimensional Traveler

My brother told me it didn't matter what you picked, it ended the same.
This is the awsomest GIF I've seen in my life.
ImageImage

True. The dialogue didn't even change according to what you chose the first time. The second time, it does, but you get the same ending. It forces you to make a fine moral decision, and there is no logical answer.

Attorney at Lawl

No way I was letting Adrian take the fall. :adrian-crunch:

Guilty!

Zvarri!

Spiker wrote:

Guilty!

Yeah. I went the same way.

I was pretty darn mad at Engarde, and really, that case was designed to get at your emotions, as I remember it being an emotional roller coaster. So, I guess that was my chance to get back at him.
:karma:

Dimensional Traveler

Spiker wrote:

Guilty!

I agree. Matt deserves to rot in prison.
This is the awsomest GIF I've seen in my life.
ImageImage

This was sorta difficult for me, because I thought it mattered. However I said guilty for three reasons:
1. Its the truth
2. Maya expressly stated that she wanted Matt found guilty
3. Its his fault that I had to make the decision in the first place, and an innocent would die either way, so the least that should happen is the person resposible be punished.

But it turns out it didn't matter.
ImageImageImage

none

I saved before the big decision, but I don't bloody remember what I chose. :D

Almost Ace Detective...?

I knew what would happen because I looked at spoilers, unfortunately, but that didn't stop me from being nervous about it.

I chose Guilty.

It seriously took me minutes to make my decision, which sucked because I wondered how I would fare in real life, as well. The question What does it mean to be a defense attorney really made its value increase in my head during that situation. It's been said that "Regardless of truth, your job as a defense attorney is to give your client a fair defense." But I wanted the truth, I wanted... what felt more right to me. I somehow seriously felt as if I was right there, standing as Phoenix in court. I know it's just a game... but it's amazing how I took it so deeply in. (Mainly because I never thought I'd get so emotional over something like this.)

I thought... prosecutors and defense attorneys were supposed to work together, somehow -- and I felt as if Phoenix had already did a lot, making it seem as if he really believed that Adrian was the killer after all -- it seemed like a fair defense.

And Maya wanted the truth, Miles wanted the truth -- a lot of people did. And I did, too -- so I chose Guilty.
Signature by the amazingly wonderful Vickinator!

Proud owner of Luke Atmey.

I said Not Guilty because I wanted to win my case. Dur.

Must learn not to talk so much

GUILTY! Of course.

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

Soon i'll have to make the decision :sadshoe:

I loved this case, all the drama (and tragedy in the bad ending)...

It's either losing "the person closest to you", or condemning an innocent person. Its a true moral dilemma...

Even though 2-4 is just a game, when you're playing such a story-intensive game you tend to get attached to the characters, or at least I do. I was genuinely worried for Maya, and Adrian but more for Maya because she's been with Phoenix since the beginning. Still, choosing "Not Guilty" would indicate that you are no better than any other criminal who pinned their crime on another, and you end up living with the same guilt as an assassin's client (as de Killer says). So in choosing "Not Guilty", phoenix effectively would condemn himself along with Adrian...but then, if he chooses "Guilty" he would have to live with the weight of Maya's death on his shoulders for the rest of his life (as Mia says)...etc. etc.

And this was my dialectic. Of course, Phoenix gets lucky in the end and chooses the third option...but what if Franziska never arrived? We effectively see the result of choosing "Not Guilty" in the bad ending. As for choosing "Guilty", we see what happens to Phoenix every time Maya nearly gets killed/sentenced in games 2 and 3 (not so much in 1, the tazer thing I guess).

In the end, I chose "Guilty" because living with Maya's death seemed to weigh less than living with the guilt of being a murderer yourself, that and it's what Maya wanted. If Phoenix couldn't save her, at least he could fulfill her last wish...

And that picture of Phoenix, Maya, and Pearl at the end was the most satisfying moment of the series for me.

Clefairy Obsession

Guilty. Both times. Because Enguarde was an evil WTF sociopath with banana scars and Maya was getting annoying.

Oh yeah, and also for truth and justice and nonsense like that.

ARU.

"Guilty", because my sister was watching over my shoulder and screamed that word.
ImageImageImageImage

Guilty. I didn't care about Maya, I wanted JUSTICE!!!

xD.
And Maya had told me to get Engarde a guilty verdict, so...

I answered Guilty, without any hesitation at all... after all, Matt truly deserved Death Penalty, after all he did.
And I thought Maya haunting Phoenix would be something he just couldn't bear xD
Spoiler:
However, if he hadn't revealed his true self to Phoenix at the detention center, I might have chose 'Not Guilty' instead, since I really wanted to believe he really wasn't. After all, things are not very clear in this case, up to when he makes his revelation and admit he hired Shelly de Killer...

Oh, and I also wanted to shout : HE'S GUILTY, THAT B*STARD !!! :zenitora: when we're given the choice ^^
ImageImageImage

Guilty. I knew that was what Edgeworth meant by "what it truly means to be a lawyer", and I agree with him whole-heartedly.

Pinball Music Fanatic

Guilty. I was hoping for a nice breakdown. Now that I think about it, I thought about three seconds about this:

"Guilty? Not? Guilty? Not. Nah, guilty!"

I was quite amused by Phoenix's "My client is.... *Whip + Objection* Franziska Von Karma!" So he's been changing his clients, eh?

The McD
CR's resident pinball music fanatic. Also a nutcase.
Signature and avatar made by the incredible Biblio.

Guilty.

Do I realy need to say more?
Proudly taught some the word 'Yonks' the day I joined.

Oh my god WHATS GOING ON

I don't really remember what I picked, but I didn't really care what since it was obvious the same thing would happen.

I'd been reading a walkthrough (I suck, I know...), but still... I hesitated a good few minutes before glancing away from the screen with my stylus poised, uttering, "I'm so sorry, Maya..." and choosing 'Guilty'.

Everyone was doing everything they could to both help me and bring Matt to justice, and I guess I just couldn't allow a murderer to go free and an innocent woman be convicted. It was already painful enough presenting Adrian's profile when I needed to stall for time. In that moment, a dedication to the truth was what it meant to be a lawyer.

But it kinda helped that I knew Franzy would show up to save the day.

As for the second time you have to choose? Guilty again, because it was appropriate. And fun to watch.

Oh man, that was one of the most shocking moments in the whole series.

I picked Not Guilty. Because I think something inside me told me that no matter what I picked, it would be alright. c:
(I vaguely remember thinking "uh yeeeah I'll apologize to Adrian later ... ")

But the second time I chose Guilty, haha.
I feel no emotional attachment to Matt at all, gosh darnit!
Kay, you might want to tone the ruffling down a bit.

{tumblr:} edgequill • {twitter:} edgequill • {Ao3:} edgequill

TheMcD wrote:

I was quite amused by Phoenix's "My client is.... *Whip + Objection* Franziska Von Karma!" So he's been changing his clients, eh?

Not only that, but he actually says... "My client, Matt Engarde, is....... Franziska von Karma!" :franny:

Yeah, like some others have said I didn't really deliberate much over the choice. You already learn by that point that most of the time in AA your choices lead down the same roads in the end (I'd learned from saving and resetting constantly), even if this was one of the more significant choices you had to make. I still appreciated that it was a deep moment in the game, though. The whole case was, really.

I OBJECT.....in Spanish.

I chose guilty because Maya said to get him a guilty verdict in her note. And plus, if Maya DID die, Pearls could always channel her to help with the investigations. :gant:

Image Image Image BEST SMILIE EVAR

Phoenix Lover

Guilty!! i would never let that bastard run free! i like maya but... my sense of justice is too strong!! >_< (anyways id love to see de killer chasing Matt for revenge... bwahaha :gant-clap2: )

:maya:

SRSLY!!

:guilty:
2nd time: :not-guilty: , just to see Engarde go all :scratch: .
DeKiller is evil. TO THE MAX.

Phoenix Lover

Xashlei wrote:
"Guilty", because my sister was watching over my shoulder and screamed that word.

LOL! xDD
Page 3 of 13 [ 488 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)