Court Records
http://forums.court-records.net/

Where's the love for Phranziska? A Phoenix/Franziska thread.
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2788
Page 1 of 12

Author:  Demonic Defense [ Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Where's the love for Phranziska? A Phoenix/Franziska thread.

By Phranziska, I mean Phoenix x Franny. This is my favorite pairing EVER. [thus you know that I was all over the scene where Phoenix gave Franziska the tulips in Hotti Clinic.]
However, there is a disturbing lack of fanart of them. So post all the art you've found of Phoenix/Franziska.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/580 ... _scale%3A5
This is the only one i've found.

Author:  Wocky Kitaki [ Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

Chinese Infantry in 3....2....1.... NOW

Author:  Chinese Infantry [ Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

Huh? Who called me?

I actually do think the idea of Phoenix/Franziska is not as bad as it seems. As for fanart, there are a couple of links in the links section of this site...

Author:  Morinozuka Takashi [ Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

Well, Franziska hates his guts, for one. Like, really badly. Moreso then Edgeworth. So I guess its because of the theory that it'll never be canon and work out. But I personally like it, anyway. *nods*

One of the links in the links section, the PhoeFran fansite, turned me into a het-fan for a day and it felt nice. =D

Author:  Liquidzilla [ Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

Quote:
Well, Franziska hates his guts, for one.

Love hate relationship maybe? (loves this pairing by the way :P)

Author:  TheGibbeynator [ Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

If anyone hooked up with Franny, they would be the very literal definition of whipped.

Actually, that would be a pretty awesome plot element in GS5.

Author:  Tajiri Ami [ Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

Well, it's an interesting idea for a couple, but I'm not all that fond of it... I have too many other axes to grind. But I may be persuaded to make a bit of art for it some time. Intriguing! :franny: :phoenix:

Author:  Liquidzilla [ Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59814625/?qo=202&q=phoenix+Franziska&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/53270403/?qo=113&q=phoenix+Franziska&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5

As good as I could get :P

Author:  Morinozuka Takashi [ Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

*contemplates to draw some just to make the collection less small than it already is* I'd happily contribute. O=

Author:  KitsuneBerry [ Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

Aww... ALRIGHT THEN.

Let's give this pairing a chance, eh? Though I get the feeling the pictures that Liquidzilla found may have influenced me somewhat.... XD

Author:  vonKarma [ Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

Phoenix never gave Franziska tulips. She said that to make him feel uncomfortable about being there. Why would he get tulips if he said he never wanted to go?

Author:  Morinozuka Takashi [ Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

Well, she did ask why were there tulips in his hands, or something like that. Thats what I saw, at least.

Author:  Demonic Defense [ Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

vonKarma wrote:
Phoenix never gave Franziska tulips. She said that to make him feel uncomfortable about being there. Why would he get tulips if he said he never wanted to go?

Yes he did. I just replayed the case, he did indeed bring tulips. Also, Phoenix had planned to go but when Gumshoe showed up saying he should let Franziska whip him for a while he said he didn't want to go anymore.

Author:  SilverZephyr [ Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

(Note, this post isn't meant as a flame or what have you, but part of this thread sounds like they're debating this pairing, so ;P)
I DREW FANART SOME TIME AGO :O
Image

Author:  Aetheryn [ Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

The last time I saw that pic, I choked on my energy drink from laughing--yeah, I'm easy to amuse. :keiko:

As for the pairing--I believe it is plausible. I thought that the ending to JFA would've sparked some more of a fanbase for it...meh.

Author:  CantFaketheFunk [ Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

er...

No. Sorry.

You're free to like this pairing, but honestly, imho, it's completely ridiculous and doesn't work with either of the characters involved.

Author:  musouka [ Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

I don't really have anything in particular against the couple, but it doesn't really work for me.

One of the reasons is that since Fran is a tsundere--Manfred von Karma raises the best, you know--I sort of liked it that her dere side wasn't aimed at a potential love interest, but instead her dear "younger" brother. It made her character seem fresh to me.

Fran and Phoenix were compared in GS2 because of their mutual focus on Edgeworth and the way they were going about things the wrong way. But because they were both tied to Edgeworth, there was never any moment where they understood one another, because there wasn't any NEED for that.

Franziska wants to beat Phoenix, but it never comes across to me that it's because of anything about him personally. It's always for HER--whether it's to "beat Miles Edgeworth" or just prove her own worth and her own path. Her focus is inward, not towards him. Phoenix, for his part, actually forgets her name when they meet up again.

I'm just not sure what they would get out of a relationship with one another, since they have no interest in growing or learning from one another. They have some pretty hilarious comedic chemistry, but the parts where they really connect are all based on their mutual shared ground of "Miles Edgeworth".

Without him, they have no real reason to meet or interact...and I think that's what sort of kills the couple for me.

Author:  Mikker [ Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

Franziska is way too traumatized from her :franny: / :karma: relationship to engage in another one. She hates all males. She may have a future with :adrian:, I admit, even if I hate her.

Author:  Tajiri Ami [ Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

musouka wrote:
Without him, they have no real reason to meet or interact...and I think that's what sort of kills the couple for me.

That was a very intelligent breakdown, and I mostly agree... Except that at the end of JFA it seems clear that she begins to appreciate Phoenix for the lesson he taught her, as well. So there's a slim bit of potential, and that's all any fan needs to make a case for it. (Just look at NaruMitsu...) I find it implausible, but when we look outside the realm of canon, it's fun to reimagine things a little. :hobohodo:

Author:  musouka [ Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

But Phoenix didn't really teach her anything. Even at the end there, when Miles is talking about the bond of trust he and Phoenix has, she doesn't understand why Phoenix is smiling even though he lost. It's Edgeworth that gives her back her whip and basically tells her to snap out of it.

Yes, Phoenix is a goal for her, but again, it's like a pole vaulter falling in love with the bar--that's the sort of sense I get about their relationship on Fran's end. And she's not even really a blip on Phoenix's radar as far as people he wants to interact and spend time with.

Author:  Tajiri Ami [ Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

musouka wrote:
But Phoenix didn't really teach her anything. Even at the end there, when Miles is talking about the bond of trust he and Phoenix has, she doesn't understand why Phoenix is smiling even though he lost. It's Edgeworth that gives her back her whip and basically tells her to snap out of it.

Yes, Phoenix is a goal for her, but again, it's like a pole vaulter falling in love with the bar--that's the sort of sense I get about their relationship on Fran's end. And she's not even really a blip on Phoenix's radar as far as people he wants to interact and spend time with.


By all means! I'm not insulting your point of view. I'm just saying that as long as even the remotest possibility exists, people will always love to play around with ideas. Although, I disagree a little as far as whether it was Edgeworth alone that struck her.

Anyway, let's see... Maybe I'll start working on a picture.

Author:  Toby Danger [ Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

Disturbing lack of fanart? You'd better start looking into some Japanese sites, there's loads of Phoenix/Fran stuff out there.

Author:  Lark [ Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

Hrm. There's plenty of that on Japanese fanart sites. :3

This place is one helluva huge GS directory for fanart and fanfiction. The left bar has a bunch of links. If your browser can display Japanese correctly, look for this term "―男女カップリング―". Under that section find "成歩堂×冥" with a number in parentheses(currently, it's around 27). I believe links to sites with Nick/Fran content will pop up on the right side. Hope that helps. :]

Author:  Calamity [ Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

Fradrian or GTFO


There I said it. :P


I kid of course, I'm just one of those stubborn folks that sees her with no one but Adrian. :3 I never once got the inclination of her and Phoenix ever being attracted to each other, so I'll stand by that though.

Author:  Demonic Defense [ Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

The ending of JFA where Franziska had the little card that Maya drew on just spoke to me for some reason. I could see it as sort of a "Woman who hates a person also kind of likes him because he taught her a lesson in life but that person doesn't really like her and doesn't care about her because she beat the shit out of him on a regular basis but that could lead to some hilariously comedic moments with that woman trying to express her feelings to that person but completely failing because of her nature of whipping people" kind of relationship.


But that's just me.

Author:  Trilroy [ Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

Well...canonically, Phoenix does have at least a little bit of a crush on Friska. That much can be proved by this piece of official art and by his actions in 2-4. However, even though this may be true...I don't think Friska really has any feelings for Phoenix. The "keeping of the Phoenix card" seemed more like a token of grudging respect, and gratefulness towards him and Edgeworth for shocking her out of her deranged mentality.

However, my opinion may be slightly biased due to my reluctance to pair Phoenix with ANYONE. In my opinion, his loveable GS3-1 personality was completely ripped apart by the incident with Chinami, leaving him more or less unable to carry on any kind of romantic relationship. Hell, if this WASN'T the case, we would have seen him paired up with Ayame in GS4...which, admittedly, I had hoped for. I did hold out for Phoenix until the end, hoping he might abandon the sarcastic and hot-tempered shell he had woven over his emotions...but he's only gotten worse now that he's "Hobohodo". :cough:

Author:  musouka [ Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

Trilroy wrote:
Well...canonically, Phoenix does have at least a little bit of a crush on Friska. That much can be proved by this piece of official art and by his actions in 2-4.


I don't own that book, but that picture is obviously them talking about "American girls" in some respect--Mei comes from America in the Japanese version. Larry's mental image of them is clearly more positive than Phoenix's. So it's not him visualizing her romantically, it's just what he associates with whatever they're talking about.

Author:  Croik [ Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

No offfense guys, but the point of this thread was not to debate the merits of Phoenix/Franny. The poster was asking for fellow fans of the pairing to speak up and share their fandom material.

If you have something else to say about the couple, please take it to one of the other pairing threads.

Author:  musouka [ Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

Sorry about that. The first post and title doesn't really make it clear, but if that's the nature of the thread then I apologize for my part in derailing it.

Here, have some fanart as an apology, Demonic Defense:

Image

Image

Image

Author:  SilverZephyr [ Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

Ehe, an apology from me as well, and a lovely art site with some Phranziskan ^.^;
http://okahara.x0.com/mr/fgallery.html

Author:  MoronSonOfBoron [ Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

My personal interpretation is that Franziska has the potential to chase after whomever she wants, for the reasons that musouka stated... just to prove that she can do it. For the most part she seems to blaze a warpath wherever she goes... but after GS2 I wonder if that same spark still remains.

I'm not officially a Phoenix/Fran supporter, but I am tickled by the idea of her exacting her ultimate revenge on Phoenix. If she can't conquer him in the courtroom, she could conquer him in all other aspects of life. His mannerisms, his dress, his daily routine, his attitude towards her, all because of a simple little thing she can do - love him. It works twofold because not only does she end up dominating him in a way, she finds herself perennially parallel with someone she can admire to some extent, a star attorney she can always look to be in step with, if not ahead of. A Miles ex machina, yes, but Fran is pretty out there to begin with, no?

Besides, with Mia and Maya pushing him around you'd think Nick would be used to having a dominant woman in his life.

Author:  Demonic Defense [ Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

Thanks for the awesome art and sites, guys.

Author:  jap0911 [ Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

I know Phranziska is a really understand pairing... But I still can't understand...
Why people really love to pair them up?
It's not like I hate the pair, but... It just feel... Odd...

Author:  KitsuneBerry [ Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

jap0911 wrote:
I know Phranziska is a really understand pairing... But I still can't understand...
Why people really love to pair them up?
It's not like I hate the pair, but... It just feel... Odd...

Each to their own, jap0911.

Author:  Ryshili [ Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

*Shakes head* So strange. That's all I say. XD

Author:  electroholic [ Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

I would have considered the idea, but that image you linked to made me die a little inside.

Author:  OMFG [ Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

The only piece of "Phranziska" art I have.

Image

Also they're tsundere for each other. :D

OK maybe not.

Author:  Pink_Princess [ Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

Well that last bit in JFA...it could be either backing up phranziska or phoenix/maya.

It kinda shows that franziska's got some respect for phoenix now, but we don't know if that's in a romantic sense or not. Or it could be the card showing that maya was still thinking of and trusting phoenix even when she was starving and thirsty.

I think it's the second but you can think whatever you want about it *gets shot*

Author:  grim_tales [ Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

To OMFG, I love that Phoenix/Franziska picture, it's beautiful and really well drawn :)
I don't think a Franziska pairing could work out, as Fran really hates him. OK she's not exactly evil like her father but she's arrogant and kind of annoying. Phoenix tries to be nice to her, giving her flowers but she doesnt take them right?

Author:  ReikaiDemon [ Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where's the love for Phranziska?

Eh, I sorta like Phranziska, though, I don't really think about it much, I like Fradrian better xD. More or less, Fran's kinda childish, Nick is mostly mature just being her punching bag to play with : / I guess the creators noticed the large fandom of FXP though, they had some soliloquy Phoenix made in the last case about Franziska being kinda cute when she's openly hostile. Then she whip smacks him for smirking about it xDDDD

Page 1 of 12 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/