Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)

Page 3 of 40[ 1600 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40  Next

Re: Adrian Andrews: Lesbian or LESBIAN?Topic%20Title

Super Tuff Pink Puff

Nice Find Silvy! I can't wait to see your finished piece. Godot

Huh. I didn't know brothels had coupons.

CantFaketheFunk wrote:
HOoray! Yay Silvy! :D

Which con was this?

First off, here you go: Image

(Ignore the arms and Friska's freakishly stout torso. I shall have to fix it in Photoshop. I adore Adrian's expression, though. I nailed it the first time. I'm so happy with it.)

Secondly. I was second in command of Volunteers at MidSouthCon 25 this year. (http://www.midsouthcon.org) I literally worked my ass off. Four hours of sleep, and the only panels I attended were the ones I was on, the anime panels. I was made of pure caffeine by the time I collapsed into bed Sunday afternoon at four thirty. (Godot would have been proud.) But by damn, I could summon people with a snap of my fingers and a "Can I get a hand at [location], please?" THAT is power.

Funny story: Our guest of honor this year was Terry Pratchett. I've never even seen the man before, never picked up one of his books. Never heard of him. (His fans gasp in shock every time I say that. I think it's hilarious, myself.) He walks into Operations on Sunday, and I open my mouth to pinch his head off at the sternum. I'd been having problems with people coming in all weekend to mooch food off the tables that was for guests, volunteers, staff, and game masters simply because they didn't want to walk the flight of stairs/ride the elevator to the second floor to ConSuite for the free food there. Nick

Mr. Pratchett walks in, looking a little lost. I open my mouth, about ready to give him the nicest, cheeriest head biting he's ever had in his life. I get as far as, "Hi, can I help y-" and I see his badge again. (We have different ribbons we stapled onto badges, to denote people of importance.) He has a blue Guest ribbon. I freeze, smile again, and apologize for stumbling, as I've had little to no sleep. He thanks me in his absolutely adorable accent as I get him pointed in the right direction, and he wanders off.

This morning, I read the newspaper article about the con, and I realize who he was.

My reaction: "Oh. Oh, shit. I nearly bit off Terry Pratchett's head and spit it out against the far wall. I think I'm gonna go throw up now." Gant So now I have a story to tell. And my first con under my belt, so woot.

Enjoy the pic. XD

So moe for Makoto it's funny.

Ooh! you met Terry Pratchett? That's freaking AWESOME.

Cute picture, by the way. X3

Fran looks a bit short, but Adrian's expression is absolutely DARLING. And she's nekkid =O

Approval!
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)

stirring

I just wanted to warn you guys: I'm doing a three feet canvas Adrian/Franziska painting with acrylics. It'll be epic. First, I need to sketch out the whole thing, though, which I'll probably post up to show progress (and to whet CantFaketheFunk's appetite, who is probably starving, waiting for me to do this).

Until then, let me give you guys a plain ol' Adrian sketch I did (with fishnets, but nothing super sexually stimulating), which will have Franziska drawn into it as well in a moment. Gimme a sec', I have to take a picture first. But I wanted to post this before my lap-top freaks out, shuts down, and I have to write this all over again. I've gotta have a camera somewhere, hell, I was sure I had a scanner... Even better is that Photobucket is down at the moment, so I have to use a cheap alternative.

EDIT: Tada. Not the best quality, but I had to take a photo. Take a guess where Fran's going to be.

If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

Last edited by Holy Hell on Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~There's Some Sorrow In Every Life~

Those are some nice pictures there ^^ I think Adrian is probably bi, along with Franziska, but she might just seem it.
I almost got to meet Terry ;-; he cancelled last minute because he got ill, so my dad got his signature for me! I'm a HUGE fan of his!

stirring

Liquidzilla wrote:
Those are some nice pictures there ^^ I think Adrian is probably bi, along with Franziska, but she might just seem it.
I almost got to meet Terry ;-; he cancelled last minute because he got ill, so my dad got his signature for me! I'm a HUGE fan of his!

I had at least eleven of Terry Pratchet's books autographed by him when I was around eight, live. I had no idea who he was though and threw them away when I was cleaning out a bookshelf a few months later. Sadshoe

And yes, the pictures are nice. :P I personally was very pleased with how Adrian turned out. I'll be honest, that's probably my first time drawing like that (my usual style is much messier and grittier).

Custom Case Writer

The cutest part of this pairing (to me anyway) is the fact that Adrian, despite being older than Franziska, would be the lesbian equivalent of an uke. Godot
OTPs: Jake/Ema, Max/Regina, Phoenix/Maya, Laurice/Franzy

stirring

Riku wrote:
The cutest part of this pairing (to me anyway) is the fact that Adrian, despite being older than Franziska, would be the lesbian equivalent of an uke. Godot

Well duh, Franziska's the one with the fucking whip. Chef

Isn't uke just a relationship term in general? or does it ONLY apply to yaoi relationsihps?

Super Tuff Pink Puff

That's a wonderful picture, Holy Hell! I can't wait to see the completed version of both pieves of your work! Franziska

spr fckn srs peepz

CantFaketheFunk wrote:
Isn't uke just a relationship term in general? or does it ONLY apply to yaoi relationsihps?

Term in general. I've heard uke used in Judo lessons. Although the one performing the move is "tori" or something like that.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

stirring

ButzPuff wrote:
That's a wonderful picture, Holy Hell! I can't wait to see the completed version of both pieves of your work! Franziska

Bell Boy There's nothing that feels better than getting a compliment.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

As far as Japanese fandom is concerned Seme/Uke only relates to yaoi. They originally had very strict restrictions which not everyone follows anymore, but it's always yaoi fiction (actual gay men in Japan have different terms). They only appear in martial arts because that's where yaoi took them from: to attack, to receive.

Like pitching and catching - I don't think you'd use that with lesbiens...?

I think in Yuri it's "onee-san" and "imouto", but I'm not in yuri fandom so I'm not sure.

*knows too much about this, probably*
ImageImage

and we <3 you for it, Croiky.

But in that case, I think it's even more amusing that the older of the two would likely be the "imotou" :P

[Watchin' you]

I think....you can still catch and pitch in yuri. ;D
As far as terms....according to Wikipedia:

(少女愛) is scarcely, if ever, used with these meanings in Japan; instead, the terms shōnen-ai and shōjo-ai tend to denote pedophilia. [1] [2] (Ironically, the English term "girllove" has this exact meaning and userbase, although the similar wasei-eigo Girls Love avoids both.)

None of these terms are generally used by Japanese lesbians in describing themselves, nor are they known by the general population. They are a form of fanspeak amongst manga fans. Japanese lesbians generally refer to themself by the loanword レズ (lez) or レスビアン (lesbian), or by using more specific gay slang such as nabe for a butch lesbian, similar to the English dyke.

俺の黄金の魔女

As far as I know "oneesama" and "imouto" are more specific types often found in yuri than actual descriptors of sexual position. I could be wrong, though, as I'm not really in the yuri fandom either.

[Watchin' you]

D:
But those mean sister.....I'm going to have bad visions now...

俺の黄金の魔女

It's meant in a sort of boarding school "not really sisters" context. So don't think of it as incest or anything. XD

I'm not really in the yuri fandom either, so I have no idea.

what? >.>

Anyway, regardless, Friska is clearly the 'oneesama' in this relationship, and Adrian the 'imouto' :P

Unlikely Idealist

musouka wrote:
As far as I know "oneesama" and "imouto" are more specific types often found in yuri than actual descriptors of sexual position. I could be wrong, though, as I'm not really in the yuri fandom either.

As far as I know, the yuri fandom (or at least, the yuri fandom outside of Japan) doesn't use these descriptors.

Not even when they're talking about, say, Maria-sama ga Miteru.

Mind you, when one girl calls another girl who is unrelated to her "onee-sama" it's generally seen as shorthand for latent lesbian feelings, provided the subtext supports this. However, it's not in any way shorthand for a specific role in any given relationship.

As far as I know.
"Humanity is measured by the soul, not the flesh." ~~ Layla

Oh.

So what do we call them, then? >.>

LOL Kittybot

CantFaketheFunk wrote:
Oh.

So what do we call them, then? >.>

"Awesome" comes to mind. Godot

Works for me!

I have to say that I'm not a real yuri fan....
Quote:
They only appear in martial arts because that's where yaoi took them from: to attack, to receive.

Yeah, that's true ^_^ They use that in Judo alot. I don't see why they wuld use a different term for the yuri reciever and the yaoi reciever ect. It seems pointless and confusing, but then it's their language and it's far less odd than english XD

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Liquidzilla wrote:
Yeah, that's true ^_^ They use that in Judo alot. I don't see why they wuld use a different term for the yuri reciever and the yaoi reciever ect. It seems pointless and confusing, but then it's their language and it's far less odd than english XD

It's because as fandom terms, Seme and Uke don't refer just to sexual positions. Originally there were other, subtle requirements that were a part of the genre (which is why so many complain about yaoi being the same thing over and over - it was supposed to be that way). Things like, "The Seme is always taller, stronger, smarter, has more money and is of a higher status than the Uke." I actually translated an artbook recently that described all these things and said something like, "You don't have to do it this way, but...you should. Seriously."

Which I guess is the reason so many yaoi fans attach to shows that weren't orginally meant as yaoi: original yaoi is, as often as not, horrifically boring. Getting better, but still. I probably wouldn't touch most of it if I wasn't being paid to do so. Redd White

Anyway, since Yuri isn't about tall, dark-haired, broad-shouldered men seducing cute, short, blonde teenage boys who act like women....that's why seme/uke doesn't apply. Dr? Hotti
ImageImage

Custom Case Writer

I wonder if, in the yuri fanbase, there are similar terms?

(I mean, since it doesn't sound like anyone here is in the fanbase, it's possible, right?)
OTPs: Jake/Ema, Max/Regina, Phoenix/Maya, Laurice/Franzy

But Adrian IS cute, short, blonde, and acts like a woman...

....point taken...?

Unlikely Idealist

Riku wrote:
I wonder if, in the yuri fanbase, there are similar terms?

(I mean, since it doesn't sound like anyone here is in the fanbase, it's possible, right?)

I kind of might be.

And, as far as I know... no.

The only thing that may come close is the whole "butch/femme" thing, which doesn't just apply to yuri.

And besides, moving slightly back on topic, if you must attachs such labels to Adrian and Franziska, they'd both be femmes, really ( Adrian more so than Franziska , I admit, but still).
"Humanity is measured by the soul, not the flesh." ~~ Layla

What matters is that they're ludicrously HOT together.

mirite?

Quote:
But Adrian IS cute, short, blonde, and acts like a woman...

That's true! XD I don't think that Franziska is a dark haired, broad shouldered man though....

Quote:
original yaoi is, as often as not, horrifically boring.

I do have to agree with you there. I love the unoriginal stuff though, were the uke is taller and is less womanish. The original yaoi stories are normally the same as well.

Quote:

Back on topic: Yes. I'm not a yuri fan, but these two do make a good couple!

[Watchin' you]

Hey now.
I like a good yuri story every now and then.
But really with these two....there's no dominant one over the other. They seem pretty interchangeable. ;D

For you yaoi fans: You need to read Wild Adapter; the SUBTEXT. That's all I'm saying on that. ;D

Super Tuff Pink Puff

CantFaketheFunk wrote:

mirite?

Right! Edgy

If they weren't ludicrously HOT together, we wouldn't still be talking about them. Ka-Whip

Huh. I didn't know brothels had coupons.

There wouldn't have been a thread spawned as a joke about them that totally grew out of control. *sips her coffee* But hey, I'm not complaining.

As for one of them being dom or sub, I don't think it really matters, as it comes into play very rarely in real life relationships. I think if it were one of those where the boundaries were strictly defined, however, I think Fran would have a lot to say on the subject of being dominant.

...and then Adrian would drag her back to the bedroom. Godot

SpriterWriter

Sorry to bring back an old topic but, I'd like to discuss Chef . My argument is that no matter how "flaming" someone can be, they can still be strait. Let me use a certain movie from last summer as an example. I don't want to spoil the joke, but for anyone who wants to guess, the acronym of the title sounds like a body cleaning product. Anyway in this movie, there's this guy who everyone thinks is gay. He acts gay, but not extremely, just like a "normal" gay person stereotypically speaking. Anyway during the whole movie he's like "I'm not gay, I have a finance" and everyone is like "riiight..." then at the end of the movie the gay guy hears someone and turns to see his extremely hot finance rushing up to him. All the characters that knew him were standing around, dumbfounded.

Basically it just goes to show you that no matter how "gay" someone acts, they can still be straight, especially for comedic effect in fiction.

(If you want the answer to what movie this is, just check here.)
Spoiler:
Snakes on a Plane

[url=rphaven.org]Image[/url]

That kid nobody likes.

I'm not entirely sure that movie is the best to use for an analagy.

[Watchin' you]

I dunno. Thought it would be a cute idea to draw. <3

That kid nobody likes.

Awwww, so cute!

GAH SO CUTE

Cuteness! <3

[Watchin' you]

Thanks. :3
FRISKIAN NEEDS MORE LOVE.
Page 3 of 40 [ 1600 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)