Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 2 of 3[ 104 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 


Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 12:06 am

Posts: 1501

lolz I'm totally late for this

I'd like to think she was just born with red hair but everyone else's theories are k too D: *bonk'd*
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

キラキラ ♥

Gender: Female

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:19 am

Posts: 515

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Black-Harmonia wrote:
Wasnt it Dahlia who said that they were identical twins? Or am I mistaken and pulling that out of thin air.

:that-b-word: She and I look absolutely identical. No one can tell us apart.

That's as close as anyone gets to saying they're identical twins.


oh yeah. that was the line.
unfortunately line that isnt decisive for us to for sure determine.
however you interpret the difference of BEING identical and LOOKING identical is the problem...
so confusing DX
Image
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Rasu Begasu

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:53 pm

Posts: 2038

This probably has already been said, but...

Spoiler: Spoiler: 3-5
When Maya channeled Dahlia, her hair was black. This may be due to the fact that Maya has black hair, and her hair is the same, no matter who she channels as. This is proven with Mia.

However, I believe that Dahlia's and Iris' hair is black. The Fey family all has black hair, except for Mia and Pearl, but the brown may be a recessive gene. Red hair (although I know this shade of red is impossible naturally, but then again this is the Ace Attornet universe. Impossible shades of red may be natural and genetics could work differently) is usually recessive. Even if their father had flaming red hair, I think it would probably be overpowered by the Fey genes.

Also, look at the girls themselves. Iris is working as a modest nun. Why would she ever have a reason to dye her hair? Dahlia only cares about herself, so she is probably vain about her appearance. She probably dyed her hair so she could have a new identity and then she kept it up after the Terry Fawles case. I think her spirit has red hair because it's a reflection of how she sees herself.

Image
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ruler of Dimentions

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:23 am

Posts: 10

I personally think they are identical twins with different hair colors. Iris has black, and Dahlia has (natural) red. In the AA universe, stranger has happened than two twins with different natural hair colors. I also think it was Iris who dyed her hair while she was dating Feenie. She dyed her hair to red, the same as Dahlia's, so Dahlia could still be seen on campus without being noticed.

Dahlia's BFF Rose: "O hay Dahlia! Did you dye your hair? Weird, I saw you a few hours ago with your boyfriend, and you said you were catching a movie at his place for awhile, and your hair was normal then!"

^ Really lame example of what might have happened if Iris's hair was still black while on campus.

As someone said before, Feenie would be suspicious with the hair color change. Although he might not have actually talked to Dahlia, he was still with Iris and on the same campus as Dahlia. I'm guessing Dahlia still went to most classes and had a dorm at Ivy U, seeing as Iris couldn't have been away from Hazakura all the time. What if Feenie saw the real Dahlia somewhere on campus, with red hair? THEN, he later sees Iris, with black hair? I know Dahlia and Iris probably had schedules of where they would be (so Iris didn't take Feenie to Dahlia's dorm while Dahlia was there), Feenie might have taken a surprise visit to Dahlia's dorm while Iris was at Hazakura, and Dahlia was actually there, red hair and all. That wouldn't end up good.
Once Dahlia was caught, Iris stopped dying her hair, since there was no reason to, seeing as she couldn't go back to Feenie or the campus.

Annnnnd, that's my two cents on the issue. Feel free to contradict me.
Image
Awesome sig and avvy by the Vickinator!
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6914

If I remember correctly, Bikini said something about having never left Hazakura. I don't know if I just imagined that, but if she did, then Iris and Dahlia probably actually switched--with Iris at Ivy U and Dahlia at Hazakura temple.


And fatalfeline, I think you make a good point about the fey family having dark hair and Iris being a nun. :edgy:
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Super Saiyan

Gender: Male

Location: McNeil Village

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:45 pm

Posts: 52

I personally say Dahlia had black hair naturally.


Spoiler: 3-5
Because when she was channeled she didn't have red hair. She had black hair like Iris. The spirit thing is red only because Dahlia died with red hair. Notice how when Mia is channeled she doesn't have her young appearance. When a person dies, their spirit stays that way and when called, they will appear as the last form they were in before they died.

Salazar: I'm sending my right hand after you.
Leon S Kennedy: Your right hand comes off?
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6914

Spoiler:
Sorry, Ephidel, but that explanation does not really work. When a spirit channeler channels a spirit, her hair is unaffected. When Maya channels Mia, her haircolor (and hairstyle) remains the same--it does not become brown like Mia. When Pearl channels Mia, the same thing--it stays light brown. Dahlia only had black hair like Iris when she was channeled because Maya has black hair.

And we see Dahlia's spirit alone when it leaves Maya's body. We never see another spirit without a body, so we don't really know. Although I think that the argument that a spirit stays the same way when the person dies (like hair color, even if dyed) is a perfectly fine argument that I've already said... somewhere in this thread... I think....

Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

The Robert Downey Jr. Of Cookies

Gender: Female

Location: Charismaville

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:08 am

Posts: 1149

I was quite confused about the whole issue myself.

Personally, I do believe they're identical twins, due to Dahlia's line about them looking exactly the same. BUT hair color is, as others in this thread have noted, a pretty noticeable difference, and I'm pretty sure that identical twins always have the same hair color. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that one.) The theory about Dahlia dyeing her hair after jumping into Eagle River and basically faking her own death makes sense, so I guess I'll go with that, because I see no real reason for Iris to dye her hair. (Not that one really needs a reason--after all, I dye my hair a different color every year for my birthday, just for the hell of it--but she doesn't seem like the type of person who'd dye her hair, y'know?)
Image
WARNING: My dA may contain swearing, bad fanart, and gratuitous lesbianism.
BTW, GIVE GUMSHOE SOME GODDAMN MONEY, BITCHES
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6914

Anna Cassidy wrote:
Personally, I do believe they're identical twins, due to Dahlia's line about them looking exactly the same. BUT hair color is, as others in this thread have noted, a pretty noticeable difference, and I'm pretty sure that identical twins always have the same hair color. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that one.)


Yep, you're right. Identical twins have the exact same DNA, which means the exact same (natural) hair color.

Although there are animes where identical twins have different color hair, so who knows in the PW universe. (At least, someone said that earlier in this thread. Considering the craziness of anime hair, I'm sure that's true, but I personally haven't seen that)
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

You like the sprit edits I made? :D

Gender: Female

Location: I'm behind you >:D

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:58 am

Posts: 171

I know someone in my class that has an idetical twin and they both have the same natural hair colour. ~i'm not sure if all do but they did. :D.
Image


Let the games begin.
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ruler of Dimentions

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:23 am

Posts: 10

Bad Player- Really? I think I remember that. But still, there's a possibility. Iris could have just gone down to Ivy U for school hours, then could have returned to Hazakura when all classes were done. Dahlia could have also switched with Iris during school hours (Iris at Ivy U, Dahlia at Hazakura) without dying her hair black, using the demon warding hood. It completely covers the hair, so no one would notice that Dahlia's hair was red while she was wearing it.

Everyone's saying that Dahlia dyed her hair red after she fell off the bridge, but I don't think that's it. If you pay attention to the opening scene of the case (Where her, Terry, and Valerie are on the bridge), you'll see her hair. Now, the scene is sepia, so I could be wrong here, but notice, Dahlia's hair still seems to be red. Now, compare it to sepia Valerie's hair, which is definitely black. You can obviously tell that Dahlia's hair is red, or, at least not black. I don't see any real reason for Dahlia to have dyed her hair (besides just randomly doing it for no reason) before she did anything wrong, causing her to need a new appearance.
Image
Awesome sig and avvy by the Vickinator!
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

You like the sprit edits I made? :D

Gender: Female

Location: I'm behind you >:D

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:58 am

Posts: 171

I don't think she dyed her hair. I agree with Dimentia. She could have easily swapped places with Iris for school hours and wear the hood which covers her hair. Bikini wouldn't notice a thing. But Iris must have done something to her hair, so it would look this Dahlia's since she was too be Dahlia. Bikini would NEVER notice if she had done something like that, right?
Image


Let the games begin.
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:50 pm

Posts: 106

Well, to be honest, I think this issue can go either way. I'm more inclined to think that Dahlia dyes her hair red, the reason being that she and Iris are twins, and as far as we can tell, they are otherwise perfectly identical. Dahlia also does say that they look exactly the same. I believe that she would most likely have dyed it after she disappeared to hide her identity, but I also think she used it as a sign of independence from her sister whom she seems to disdain. Iris seems to have no reason to dye her hair and she loves Dahlia. The most conclusive evidence that you can point to that Dahlia's hair is natural is the fact that when her spirit leaves Maya's body, the hair is red. However, as the game states, this is her ego, not her physical self. Her hair could very well be red because that is how she views herself and distinguishes herself from her sister. It is a reflection of her mind more than her body.

On the other hand, though, a theory I haven't seen proposed is that Dahlia and Iris are identical twins, except that a genetic mutation could have changed Dahlia's hair color (this one is a bit far-fetched, though, because I'm sure it would be rather complicated considering the genes involved).

Just a thought.
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

...The fuck?

Gender: Male

Location: <3

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:28 am

Posts: 128

Dimentia raises a good point. Although she could of dyed it rumor still stands. The question though.. Was her hair already red if you can see from the picture (of her Terry and Valerie)? Or was it black before she threw herself in the river and then dyed it red? My stronger point goes towards Dimentia's reason. :that-b-word: :ayame:
Image
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Super Saiyan

Gender: Male

Location: McNeil Village

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:45 pm

Posts: 52

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler:
Sorry, Ephidel, but that explanation does not really work. When a spirit channeler channels a spirit, her hair is unaffected. When Maya channels Mia, her haircolor (and hairstyle) remains the same--it does not become brown like Mia. When Pearl channels Mia, the same thing--it stays light brown. Dahlia only had black hair like Iris when she was channeled because Maya has black hair.

And we see Dahlia's spirit alone when it leaves Maya's body. We never see another spirit without a body, so we don't really know. Although I think that the argument that a spirit stays the same way when the person dies (like hair color, even if dyed) is a perfectly fine argument that I've already said... somewhere in this thread... I think....



Yes but this brings up a possible plothole in PW.

Spoiler:
simply because when Misty Fey channels Dahlia, her whole appearance changes, as well as Maya. What's wrong with that statement? When Mia enters Maya, the clothes don't change, nothing. As I said this is an interesting subject that may cause there to be a plothole in TaT.

Salazar: I'm sending my right hand after you.
Leon S Kennedy: Your right hand comes off?
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Turtley enough

Gender: Male

Location: Kansas

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:18 pm

Posts: 55

Ephidel wrote:
Yes but this brings up a possible plothole in PW.

Spoiler:
simply because when Misty Fey channels Dahlia, her whole appearance changes, as well as Maya. What's wrong with that statement? When Mia enters Maya, the clothes don't change, nothing. As I said this is an interesting subject that may cause there to be a plothole in TaT.


Spoiler:
Dahlia changed her appearance immediately after being channeled by Misty. She states that she pinned up her hair, put on a robe, and picked up the staff. She must have did the same thing after being channeled by Maya.

Image
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3537

Dahlia doesn't actually hate Iris.

The problem with the "Dahlia dyed her hair after jumping off the bridge" theory is that while Terry doesn't remember what Valerie looks like, he does recognize Dahlia when she talks to him in 3-4 before his testimony. I'd think if she had black hair back then, he wouldn't be able to realize who it is so easily.
Image
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6914

(I don't exactly remember 3-4, so this theory might be utterly wrong ^^') Well, Terry obviously loved (or was obsessed with) Dahlia very much. Edgeworth was able to figure out who Dahlia actually was--in fact, we can assume that she knew that he knew, and she had agreed that he could reveal it. After all, she didn't go all, "ZOMG! You promised you wouldn't tell!" or "ZOMG! How'd you know that?" when Edgey revealed who she actually was. This means that this new identity wasn't very important to her, so she could have contacted Fawles (somehow) earlier.

Or, just going from how Terry loved/was obsessed with Dahlia so much, maybe he really was so devoted to her that he could recognize her after 5 years (and a possible hair color change.)


EDIT: Wait, that reminds me... what do you mean Terry recognized her? Edgey revealed that she was Dahlia, so when/why did Terry see who she was before?
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3537

Yes, Edgeworth knew who Dahlia really was, but it was Mia that revealed it. I really don't think Dahlia told Edgeworth it was okay if he told, but he was forced to admit he knew.

Terry refused to believe Dahlia was alive until he saw her face-to-face.
Image
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

You like the sprit edits I made? :D

Gender: Female

Location: I'm behind you >:D

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:58 am

Posts: 171

All in all, the rumour still stands.
Image


Let the games begin.
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Spriting phailure

Gender: Female

Location: Owensboro KY

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:02 pm

Posts: 936

...Thinking about it now, why can't we just say that Dollie's hair is red and Iris's hair is black and leave it at that? I mean, this IS Ace Attorney, and weirder stuff has happened.
Image

I have many yaoi OTPs which overlap... And most of which involve the Gavins.
I do write/support yuri and het from time to time though.
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6914

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Yes, Edgeworth knew who Dahlia really was, but it was Mia that revealed it. I really don't think Dahlia told Edgeworth it was okay if he told, but he was forced to admit he knew.


Well, they had agreed somehow that it could be revealed. It was probably just a "I might have you reveal your true identity, but only if worst comes to worst." If they hadn't discussed it at all beforehand, I doubt Dahlia could've remained so calm at that point.

Maro-chan wrote:
...Thinking about it now, why can't we just say that Dollie's hair is red and Iris's hair is black and leave it at that? I mean, this IS Ace Attorney, and weirder stuff has happened.


Because arguing is fun :edgy:
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

You like the sprit edits I made? :D

Gender: Female

Location: I'm behind you >:D

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:58 am

Posts: 171

Agreed :P.
Image


Let the games begin.
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

...The fuck?

Gender: Male

Location: <3

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:28 am

Posts: 128

Thats what this kinda stuff is for. This forum (Hazakurain) Is for GS3 only right? This is all the things worth posting for! :redd:
Image
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Super Saiyan

Gender: Male

Location: McNeil Village

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:45 pm

Posts: 52

The Turtle Guy wrote:
Ephidel wrote:
Yes but this brings up a possible plothole in PW.

Spoiler:
simply because when Misty Fey channels Dahlia, her whole appearance changes, as well as Maya. What's wrong with that statement? When Mia enters Maya, the clothes don't change, nothing. As I said this is an interesting subject that may cause there to be a plothole in TaT.


Spoiler:
Dahlia changed her appearance immediately after being channeled by Misty. She states that she pinned up her hair, put on a robe, and picked up the staff. She must have did the same thing after being channeled by Maya.


Spoiler:
But remember, Iris and Dahlia wouldn't exactly still look the same. There would have to be some slight change in the look.

Salazar: I'm sending my right hand after you.
Leon S Kennedy: Your right hand comes off?
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3537

What exactly would be different?
Image
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Super Saiyan

Gender: Male

Location: McNeil Village

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:45 pm

Posts: 52

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
What exactly would be different?




Well maybe I exaggerated on that but there's something else wrong.


Spoiler:
When Maya locked herself in the chamber and called Dahlia, there was no way that Dahlia had any shot to have that outfit on, since she barely had any time when Iris and her made the switch because Phoenix and co ran in shortly after.

Salazar: I'm sending my right hand after you.
Leon S Kennedy: Your right hand comes off?
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title

True love is forever.

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:55 am

Posts: 2182

Ephidel wrote:
Well maybe I exaggerated on that but there's something else wrong.


Spoiler:
When Maya locked herself in the chamber and called Dahlia, there was no way that Dahlia had any shot to have that outfit on, since she barely had any time when Iris and her made the switch because Phoenix and co ran in shortly after.


Spoiler:
And if Maya changed her outfit before heading out to the Inner Temple? Remember that Maya was there to train, so it's likely that she would follow their traditions for that and they use a different outfit for their acolytes. Misty was wearing the acolyte clothes from Hazkura and it's perfectly possible that Maya would have changed as well before training. When Dahlia is exorcised, Maya is still wearing those clothes right before she collapsed. It's only after she's taken away to recover that we see her show up in her normal outfit (I can't imagine she would want to remain in the clothes after all she had been through).

Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Super Saiyan

Gender: Male

Location: McNeil Village

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:45 pm

Posts: 52

Mia_Fey wrote:
Ephidel wrote:
Well maybe I exaggerated on that but there's something else wrong.


Spoiler:
When Maya locked herself in the chamber and called Dahlia, there was no way that Dahlia had any shot to have that outfit on, since she barely had any time when Iris and her made the switch because Phoenix and co ran in shortly after.


Spoiler:
And if Maya changed her outfit before heading out to the Inner Temple? Remember that Maya was there to train, so it's likely that she would follow their traditions for that and they use a different outfit for their acolytes. Misty was wearing the acolyte clothes from Hazkura and it's perfectly possible that Maya would have changed as well before training. When Dahlia is exorcised, Maya is still wearing those clothes right before she collapsed. It's only after she's taken away to recover that we see her show up in her normal outfit (I can't imagine she would want to remain in the clothes after all she had been through).



actually you are correct. She was wearing those clothes.
Salazar: I'm sending my right hand after you.
Leon S Kennedy: Your right hand comes off?
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

0 want to see all penalty quotes on vid.

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:20 am

Posts: 18

Spoiler:
:that-b-word: and :ayame: are identical twins, so they both probably had black hair. However, After Dollie kept on committing crimes, she either dyed her hair red, or the devil did it for her.

Image
Number of people who want to see all the penalty quotes on video: 0
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:19 am

Posts: 16

Maro-chan wrote:
Dollie's hair is most likely naturally red because of
Spoiler: 3-5
the exorcism showing her hair as red which someone already mentioned here.


Also I don't know if the writers did this intentionally or not, but in 3-5, Edgey states that he couldn't find Iris's fingerprints anywhere on his case files. This proves that Iris and Dollie are fraternal, because identical twins would have the same fingerprints. (Although maybe they just did that to reinforce that Iris =/= Dahlia.)


No 2 people have the same fingerprints.Even twins.Sorry if anyone already mentioned this
Image
Thx Vicki for the nice signature! =)
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:12 pm

Posts: 60

Just because their identical doens't mean they nesceraly have the same hair or eye colours...
Proudly taught some the word 'Yonks' the day I joined.
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:58 am

Posts: 1388

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Black-Harmonia wrote:
Wasnt it Dahlia who said that they were identical twins? Or am I mistaken and pulling that out of thin air.

:that-b-word: She and I look absolutely identical. No one can tell us apart.

That's as close as anyone gets to saying they're identical twins.


Well, that means they're identical twins, no? If they were fraternal there would be a small difference perhaps, but there is none in this case.

And if Dahlia originally had black hair, it would be too much of a hassle for both her and Iris to dye it red. They'd have to bleach it and then dye it red and if Dahlia did it all the time from when she was very little her hair wouldn't be nearly as "beautiful and perfect". And I don't think Iris would do that all for 6 months. I mean, it seems like a very tedious task, even for your sister. Wouldn't it be easier just for her to keep her black hair colour and the day in court Dahlia puts on some temp. black hair dye? I think Phoenix would notice some pretty prominent roots in Iris anyways. So I don't think their original hair was black.

I like the idea that both originally had red hair. It's easier for Iris to dye her hair black after the depression of losing her sister. And when Dahlia was exorcised she still had red hair.

Some hair naturally goes from light to black. Maybe that was the same for Dahlia and Iris? Dahlia was executed before it went fully to black and Iris' hair just kept getting darker...
Image
Thank you ILoveMaxGalactica* for the signature~
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3537

The small difference is they have completely different hair colors. :lana:

And however tedious it might be for Iris to keep dying her hair, she was trying to save Phoenix's life. I'd think that's good enough reason to do it. Besides, she hadn't planned on being with him for six months; it was supposed to be a quick 'get the necklace and leave' deal.

I don't think the black dye for Dahlia suggestion would have worked since Dahlia had red hair when she and Phoenix first met. Why make him suspicious by having Iris show up the next day with black hair? Speaking of, Phoenix was only mildly suspicious of Iris when he met her again at Hazakura; I'm sure he would have pressed her much harder had he been dating Dollie with black hair.
Image
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

SaraVera wrote:
I like the idea that both originally had red hair. It's easier for Iris to dye her hair black after the depression of losing her sister. And when Dahlia was exorcised she still had red hair.


I don't think you can use the three frames from the "exorcism" as proof of her natural hair color: that was her final moment in the game, of course they would portray her as they have been all along. That red is what sets her apart from the rest of the cast. If her hair had been black then no one would have caught on immediately that "Oh yes, that must be her natural hair color," it would have just been confusing.
ImageImage
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:34 am

Posts: 153

I am of the opinion that the developers didn't think nearly this hard about it :P
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3537

FOURTH WALL!
YOU'RE BREAKING THE FOURTH WALL! :butz:
Image
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:58 am

Posts: 1388

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
The small difference is they have completely different hair colors. :lana:

And however tedious it might be for Iris to keep dying her hair, she was trying to save Phoenix's life. I'd think that's good enough reason to do it. Besides, she hadn't planned on being with him for six months; it was supposed to be a quick 'get the necklace and leave' deal.

I don't think the black dye for Dahlia suggestion would have worked since Dahlia had red hair when she and Phoenix first met. Why make him suspicious by having Iris show up the next day with black hair? Speaking of, Phoenix was only mildly suspicious of Iris when he met her again at Hazakura; I'm sure he would have pressed her much harder had he been dating Dollie with black hair.


Hair colour is a small difference? It seems like a very identifying trait for anime and game characters in my opinion. I haven't seen even fraternal twins with different hair colours either.

My main point is that Dahlia's hair would be seriously damaged if she always bleached her hair so much. But Dahlia apparrently has nice and soft hair, not damaged hair. It's okay for Iris to dye her hair black because it might not have been for long... (If she just started when Dahlia dyed it would only be for several months, not enough to damage her hair.)

Also... I believe my suggestion was that neither has black hair until after Dahlia died. I said that if Iris had black hair while dating Phoenix Dahlia should have simply temporarily dyed her hair on the day of the murder and the day of court so not to arise suspicion from Phoenix. And I agree that it would make Phoenix more suspicious that he was when he met Iris. I was saying that Iris couldn't have had black hair at the time. Basically, I was agreeing with you: Neither had black hair when Phoenix was dating them.

Croik-- Then it could easily be said that the developers just gave her red hair to differentiate her and her sister. If the two actually existed they would both have black hair. Right?
Image
Thank you ILoveMaxGalactica* for the signature~
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Where are Mr. Trite and Herr Forehead?

Gender: Female

Location: Chillin with my buddies in the detention center.

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:47 pm

Posts: 92

My guess is black, cause Maya, Misty, and Morgan all have black. Not to mention black is a dominant trait.
Re: Dahlia's real hair color? (Semi-spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: United States

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:09 pm

Posts: 2276

Her hair was originally black and then she dyed it red. That's the best I can come up with :delilah-hair:
Page 2 of 3 [ 104 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO