Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 5 of 5[ 168 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Re: Dahlia Hawthorne: The Demon's FanclubTopic%20Title

JDogindy wrote:
Ropfa wrote:
I'm glad that there's so many more people who appreciate Dahlia. She's easily one of my favorite fictional villains ever.

I actually worried about people hating Dahlia more than they should.

Yeah, I can understand why. This person killed two people, tried to kill a third, and had a deep-seated hatred of her ex-boyfriend and relative.

However, I absolutely love Dollie. You actually have to feel sorry for this woman.

I don't quite see the part where I'm supposed to feel sorry for her...
But I think the hate part for her comes from the fact that... well, for a supposedly really evil bitch who does all this horrible stuff, she's kind of... lacking. I already mentioned this in my first post in this thread on the previous page, but the way they all go on about her being really bad and terrifying, you'd expect her to be the type of person who you can't predict what they'll do next. And yet, she just stands there like a doofus and let's it happen.

C-A

Delirious for Dollie

CatMuto wrote:
JDogindy wrote:
Ropfa wrote:
I'm glad that there's so many more people who appreciate Dahlia. She's easily one of my favorite fictional villains ever.

I actually worried about people hating Dahlia more than they should.

Yeah, I can understand why. This person killed two people, tried to kill a third, and had a deep-seated hatred of her ex-boyfriend and relative.

However, I absolutely love Dollie. You actually have to feel sorry for this woman.

I don't quite see the part where I'm supposed to feel sorry for her...
But I think the hate part for her comes from the fact that... well, for a supposedly really evil bitch who does all this horrible stuff, she's kind of... lacking. I already mentioned this in my first post in this thread on the previous page, but the way they all go on about her being really bad and terrifying, you'd expect her to be the type of person who you can't predict what they'll do next. And yet, she just stands there like a doofus and let's it happen.

C-A

I feel sorry for her for two reasons; one is that the character is so hated. Even monsters need fans to hug and support them.

And the second is that, her entire life was basically a series of events that never went her way. From birth to death, nothing went right in her life.

Is this to say she is free from blame? Of course not. We are to be responsible for our actions, and she chose the wrong ones every time.

I agree that Dahlia's end was really stupid and pissed me off. However, as awesome as it would've been for her to start threatening to kill off Maya in the courtroom, the developers never wanted it that way, even as the game's "Bad Ending". It says a lot when game developers actually hate a character intended to simply be hated by the gamer.

Of course, Dahlia ended up in a Lose-Lose situation (and one of the few times where it seemed like they actually had the villain defeated even before the trial, so they were just going to be very mean to her), so there was no upside for her. She didn't have any weapons, or poison, with her, and if she tried to bludgeon herself on the witness stand or strangulate, she would've been grabbed and been put through an exorcism.

Regardless, I'm always gonna support Dollie. I will always hope for a cameo in the upcoming game where she'll taunt Phoenix.

True, she had no weapons when she realized who her host body was. Strangulation... well, it's hard to do it yourself. You'd lose conciousness before you'd end up dead, so your grip would slack. Bludgeonging herself... might've worked, if she had done the right angle and hard enough.

But my preferred favorite would've been to run out of the room and onto the roof. Even if there are bailiffs in that courtroom, she could've made a dash for it. And it would've made a really, really cool turn of events.

C-A

Star General

sliced-bread-no2 wrote:
I am a fan of Dahlia. She is truly evil and feels no remorse.

Spoiler: T&T case 5...and 1
Not forgetting she almost kills Feenie AND Maya. Imagine if she pulled that last one off. She'd be a Phoenix Wright legend. Of course, the series would never exist if the first one happened.

Well, either way, she did set the bar for Ace Attorney villains, which has yet to be raised IMO.

Weejus wrote:
Well, either way, she did set the bar for Ace Attorney villains, which has yet to be raised IMO.

How? She barely managed to succeed in anything she ever wanted to do.
Heck I think :garyuu: is more successfull in killing people than Dahlia was, even if it took him forever to do it. And, really, Dahlia is a joke of a villain...

C-A

Weejus wrote:
sliced-bread-no2 wrote:
I am a fan of Dahlia. She is truly evil and feels no remorse.

Spoiler: T&T case 5...and 1
Not forgetting she almost kills Feenie AND Maya. Imagine if she pulled that last one off. She'd be a Phoenix Wright legend. Of course, the series would never exist if the first one happened.

Note that it says almost. That's what makes Dahlia not good enough to me. She ALMOST does a lot of things, but can never do it. She is destined to fail at everything. How am I supposed to feel happy about defeating the person who doesn't do anything right?

キラキラ ♥

Dahlia is the reason I've reaplayed 3-1, 3-4, and 3-5 more times then I can count.
Anyone wanna take a guess at which case I'm replaying now?

Spoiler:
3-5 :payne-stroke:

Black-Harmonia wrote:
Dahlia is the reason I've reaplayed 3-1, 3-4, and 3-5 more times then I can count.
Anyone wanna take a guess at which case I'm replaying now?

Spoiler:
3-5 :payne-stroke:

I'm tempted to replay that case again (along with 2-4) just to see if I can make it make anymore sense or at least somehow not that stupid...

C-A
Page 5 of 5 [ 168 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)