Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 1 of 3[ 96 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

What does Godot's visor do? SPOILERTopic%20Title

Waiting on Godot...

This is somethign that has bugged me for AGES.

So, Godot was 'blinded' by this poison (or the coma made him 'blind') but his visor makes him see. So I'm thinking- k, so he's not ACTUALLY blind, but may as well be.

What did the coma do to him?

See, I wondered if he was colour blind somehow, which got me researching. See, if he were colourblind, he'd be better off WITHOUT the visor. I already know a bit about vision (being mine is REALLY crap- for those in the know... I'm a -9 prescription in my best eye and I'm slightly crosseyed), so I went further. I needed to fill the following criteria-

[*]Has monochrome vision (Or will have it with the visor)
[*] His vision is crap besides not seeing colour

So, I considered that his vision was fuzzy- like mine. Why not wear glasses? That didn't work.

Then I considered OTHER reasons for not having great vision, and I stumbled on a rare form of colour blindness that TOTALLY describes Godot's condition-

Achromatopsia

There's a 1:40,000 chance of getting it (I think that odd has gone up cause a small island all have it), and basically, as I gather, your cones in your eyes are non functional- totally. They do colour, and do alot of detail in your vision. So, you rely on the rods in your eyes to see- they only pick up light, so they're crap at doing so, and they don't pick up colour.

This means, that Godot sees the world in GREY SCALE, which... sorta makes sense. He says his world is all red, but I wonder if it can also be translated as a metaphor. Anywys, so in this case, I reckon his visor 'brightens up' his world, giving him more light to see with when there isn't enough.

Sadly, my theory is ruined when I consider red is the lowest hue in the light scale, and has very little light in it (They use it in dark rooms to see when processing photos. It doesn't damage the negatives)

So yeah. What's other people's theories? Why is Godot blind, or semi blind?
ImageImageImageImage
Re: What does Godot's visor do? SPOILERTopic%20Title

I hate Klaviema >_>

I think Godot is totally blind. This is the future. Maybe then you can have visors that let you see, albeit limitedly.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Mr. Step-ladder

Maybe it's from the coffee... Caffein does cause blurred vision :godot: .
Always strive to improve, not compare to others! - Arkillian
Purple Angel wins infinity cookies for this signiture! Who may come back soon!

Waiting on Godot...

RandomJibberish wrote:
I think Godot is totally blind. This is the future. Maybe then you can have visors that let you see, albeit limitedly.

So, the visor is magic then? :) Otherwise, how does he se if he's totally blind? See, I'd totally buy that certian things in his body died off from his coma. ALOT of people get that. Your body is in trauma. I don't buy though that he can see after being blinded with that visor. He has to start with something.

Unless the visor is on his face surgically ;) That I doubt since it was knocked off and he didn't bleed to death.

I mean, maybe I'm taking CAPCOM too seriously, but it'd be nice for it to have a bit of grounding. IT's a VERY Sci-fi concept :D
ImageImageImageImage

1000% Knight

If he were totally blind, the visor would need to be attached to his face in order for him to see. Since it can just be knocked off, it's gotta function as some sort of crazy glasses.

This is my personal take on what happened:
Spoiler: WARNING: Amazing Art~ So amazing, it may burn your eyes to a crisp with its shining brilliance. BRILLIANCE, I SAY! BRILLIANCE!

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Waiting on Godot...

Bad Player wrote:
If he were totally blind, the visor would need to be attached to his face in order for him to see. Since it can just be knocked off, it's gotta function as some sort of crazy glasses.

Spoiler: WARNING: Amazing Art~ So amazing, it may burn your eyes to a crisp with its shining brilliance. BRILLIANCE, I SAY! BRILLIANCE!

Lol- I totally agree. He needed reading glasses and thought he'd go all out XD

Who knows- maybe his vision is fine and it really is a coffee dispenser *dies* That'd be epic. Then we'd had to figure out how he summons all his mugs...
ImageImageImageImage

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

I think it also has night vision and a lazer designator, which allows him to hit Phoenix in the head with his lazer guided coffee cups, in light or darkness :godot: :coffee:

Sig made by Vicki, Avi made by PA :D

Arkillian wrote:
Who knows- maybe his vision is fine and it really is a coffee dispenser *dies*

Someone actually drew a short doujinshi about that concept. Not that his vision is fine, but that the visor doubles as a coffee pot. It was pretty funny.

Waiting on Godot...

WittyVitale wrote:
Arkillian wrote:
Who knows- maybe his vision is fine and it really is a coffee dispenser *dies*

Someone actually drew a short doujinshi about that concept. Not that his vision is fine, but that the visor doubles as a coffee pot. It was pretty funny.

Yeah- it was for the PW Casebook #1- it was epic win ;) I looked it and nearly shot coffee out of my nose :missle:

I know CAPCOM want us to be puzzled on it cause well- manga does that. It's just... grrr.... It makes no sense damn it XD Must rationalise 30 years in the future XD
ImageImageImageImage

Machine on the Inside

Bad Player wrote:

I will never look at Godot the same way again; thankyou for making my night.
ImageImage

Yew is an expert in playing tag!

What do you see behind the mask?

I think that he is ALMOST totally blind, and that the visor is able to restore his vision almost perfectly, the only exception being the color red. So, everything that contains red significantly (like purple) and red itself look like greyscale/white to him, which means that red things on white backgrounds are invisble for him.
That's at least what I believe.

1000% Knight

No, red is red to him. Purple would be black, since it has a lot of blue.

The red things in the front of his visor are red, so everything he sees is tinted red. So white becomes red, which is why he can't see red on white (and I supposed white on red, too.)

Maybe the coma made his eyes super-sensitive, so everything needs to be red because, as mentioned in the first post, red is the lowest hue in the light scale? (And 3-5 happened in the dark, so it wouldn't ruin anything like this.)

He mentioned without his visor, he coudn't see phoenix's "dumb-founded" face, meaning he probably can't see or can't see far without his visor. So the visor probably cures his blindness, but not entirely.

Wahoo! ~Klonoa

Pours coffee in the manga. :godot:

It is usually best to admit mistakes when they occur and to seek to restore honor.

WILL YAOI FOR CHAOS EMERALDS.

Waiting on Godot...

Bad Player wrote:

The red things in the front of his visor are red, so everything he sees is tinted red. So white becomes red, which is why he can't see red on white (and I supposed white on red, too.)

Maybe the coma made his eyes super-sensitive, so everything needs to be red because, as mentioned in the first post, red is the lowest hue in the light scale? (And 3-5 happened in the dark, so it wouldn't ruin anything like this.)

If this is true, then this cuts out half of the spectrum for him. If red = white, then this means anything brighter than the shade of white that he can see when he looks at white will always be the same shade of red. Your theory makes alot of sense though. This is strongly another possibility. A very sad one since he can't see bright objects (He can only see mid tones and dark)

So- if he took the googles off in sunlight, he'd be blinded then, huh?
ImageImageImageImage

1000% Knight

Arkillian wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

If this is true, then this cuts out half of the spectrum for him. If red = white, then this means anything brighter than the shade of white that he can see when he looks at white will always be the same shade of red. Your theory makes alot of sense though. This is strongly another possibility. A very sad one since he can't see bright objects (He can only see mid tones and dark)

So- if he took the googles off in sunlight, he'd be blinded then, huh?

Eh... not really half the spectrum. He would be able to see from the shade of red his visor is tinted (when white light goes through it) to black.

Anyway, the visor affects the hue of what he sees, but not how bright or dark it is. All colored light is made up of red, green and blue light. His visor lets only red light in; therefore if an object reflects only red light, it will appear unchanged. But if it has blue and/or green light too, that light will not go through, only the red portion, and since less light is going through the visor the object will appear darker. However, because of shadows and highlights and such there will still be differences between objects, so he should still be able to see everything pretty well. Since most stuff isn't just pure red, pure green, or pure blue--his visor is probably actually lets through some green and blue light (and have you ever noticed on any of those Cadoo-like things that the red plastic doesn't completely get rid of the red lines? That's because the red-tone of the card's background, the red-tone of the lines and the red-tone of the plastic are all different)--you would need very precise tones of red and white to make them invisible to him.

That's all on light and color for today. Join us next week as we delve into sound and waves~ :keiko:

Powers Fan

Someone should make a doujin of the reading glasses idea.XD Maybe he thought they wouldn't intimidating enough against Phoenix or that he'd be recognized?

Maybe his vision without the visor is like those things...you know, the decoder things on ceral boxes and stuff, where they include a pair of 3-D glasses with just red and no blue. And when you put them on, you can see what was hidden? Maybe the whole world looked like that, and the visor makes sense of it?O_o
:agent-Smith: "You just wish you could talk in Webdings."

Come play Ghost Trick Mafia!

Waiting on Godot...

TheSteelSamurai wrote:
Someone should make a doujin of the reading glasses idea.XD Maybe he thought they wouldn't intimidating enough against Phoenix or that he'd be recognized?

Maybe his vision without the visor is like those things...you know, the decoder things on ceral boxes and stuff, where they include a pair of 3-D glasses with just red and no blue. And when you put them on, you can see what was hidden? Maybe the whole world looked like that, and the visor makes sense of it?O_o

*cue CSI music*

Maybe it's like Ema and sees finger prints but not blood? XD

Going off another tangent- he could be blind in one eye, but poorly sighted in the other. I totally buy the mask as a diguise thing. He keeps talking about how all men wear a mask, whether it's on thier face or their heart. Godot finally gave in to himself really- the mask is his last protection metaphorically I guess...
ImageImageImageImage

Powers Fan

I think he really needs it. Besides, he "died" five years ago, so it's not like anyone would recognize him that easily.

Either that or he's a really big Star Trek fan.>_>
:agent-Smith: "You just wish you could talk in Webdings."

Come play Ghost Trick Mafia!

and the plot thickens

i believe it's a geass that has the power to make any girl/guy sexually attracted to him...edgeworth has the other one which he hides in his cravat

a home baked cookie from gumshoe to anyone who knows what a geass is :eh?:

i feel pretty

jamie gumshoe wrote:
i believe it's a geass that has the power to make any girl/guy sexually attracted to him...edgeworth has the other one which he hides in his cravat

His vision is like looking through a clear red thingy.

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

I believe that without the visor, Godot is completely blind. I'm pretty sure it was stated in the game at one point.

I remember a thread like this a while back, but it was asking if people thought Godot could see in colour or not. I really liked the answer somebody gave, although I don't remember who it was.

Their answer was like this:
Spoiler:
In Photoshop, an RGB image is basically made up of a "channel sandwich" with one channel each for red, green and blue.
If you open an RGB image and display the Channels palette you will see the red, green and blue channels plus an "RGB" channel. The "RGB" channel is a composite of all three channels.
This person's theory was that Godot's vision had the Green and Blue channels shut off so that only the Red remains. This would make his vision appear to be similar to greyscale, however there are slight differences.

Normal eyesight

Greyscale eyesight

Eyesight without Blue or Green channels

You can see that the red blood is difficult to distiguish on the white snow because the other two channels have been removed. However, this theory doesn't render all red-on-white invisible, as seen by the sled's darker tones still being visible. Perhaps Godot's visor amplifies the Red, which makes it even harder to see red-on-white.

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

Also I disagree with people when they say Godot's eyesight is just tinted red. These three pictures have been "colourized" red in Photoshop, which renders the images using only red hues. Even with the brightness changed, the would-be red-on-white from the original image is still distinguishible.

Spoiler:
Compare:

Image Image Image
-50 Brightness................................................0 Brightness.........................................+50 Brightness

(-100 Brightness is complete black, while +100 Brightness is complete white)

Last edited by Rov on Tue May 26, 2009 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

GANTALITY!

Reminds me of Gordie from Star Trek.

Spoiler:

"So apparently P/I fan + Insecurity + airheadedness + strange kinks + bad grasp of reality + over eagerness = bad user........." D= /D\

Wahoo! ~Klonoa

Pours. Coffee.

End of thread.

It is usually best to admit mistakes when they occur and to seek to restore honor.

WILL YAOI FOR CHAOS EMERALDS.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Makes toast.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Waiting on Godot...

Shadilver wrote:
Pours. Coffee.

End of thread.

I'd tap that. *passes mug to Godot- "Me too thanks"*
ImageImageImageImage

and the plot thickens

Lind_L_Tailor wrote:
jamie gumshoe wrote:

Horay you win the gumshoe homebaked cookie and the epic/scariest picture of the year award *claps and hands off cookie*

I hate Klaviema >_>

Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:
I believe that without the visor, Godot is completely blind. I'm pretty sure it was stated in the game at one point.

I remember a thread like this a while back, but it was asking if people thought Godot could see in colour or not. I really liked the answer somebody gave, although I don't remember who it was.

Spoiler:
In Photoshop, an RGB image is basically made up of a "channel sandwich" with one channel each for red, green and blue.
If you open an RGB image and display the Channels palette you will see the red, green and blue channels plus an "RGB" channel. The "RGB" channel is a composite of all three channels.
This person's theory was that Godot's vision had the Green and Blue channels shut off so that only the Red remains. This would make his vision appear to be similar to greyscale, however there are slight differences.

Normal eyesight

Greyscale eyesight

You can see that the red blood is difficult to distiguish on the white snow because the other two channels have been removed. However, this theory doesn't render all red-on-white invisible, as seen by the sled's darker tones still being visible. Perhaps Godot's visor amplifies the Red, which makes it even harder to see red-on-white.

Agreed. It's like a red filter, rather than just a tint.

THE BLOOD! IT'S GONE!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Moo.

Spoiler: Manga
It's where he gets his coffee from.

Moo.

Waiting on Godot...

RandomJibberish wrote:
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:

Spoiler:

Normal eyesight

Greyscale eyesight

THE BLOOD! IT'S GONE!

That's all nice, but how does filtering his vision correct it? He must have vision to start with. How much vision?

The coffee dispensor has been meantioned before, but it's a great gag XD I'd tap it ;)
ImageImageImageImage

The. Visor. Is. So. He. Can. See. End of topic.

(Oh, and it makes pancakes too. AND DONUTS. For his coffee.)
PEARL DIES TONIGHT

Waiting on Godot...

Pearl the Barrister wrote:
The. Visor. Is. So. He. Can. See. End of topic.

(Oh, and it makes pancakes too. AND DONUTS. For his coffee.)

Thank you Captain obvious. The question isn't why he has a visor, it's how does it work?
ImageImageImageImage

I hate Klaviema >_>

Arkillian wrote:
RandomJibberish wrote:
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:

Spoiler:

Normal eyesight

Greyscale eyesight

THE BLOOD! IT'S GONE!

That's all nice, but how does filtering his vision correct it? He must have vision to start with. How much vision?

The coffee dispensor has been meantioned before, but it's a great gag XD I'd tap it ;)

I think the filtering must be a side effect of whatever makes his mask work.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Make like a tree, and GET OUTTA HERE!!!

I think Godot is fully blind without the visor. If he's only colour blind, then what's the point of the visor in the first place? It'd be kinda pointless.
Thanks to Vicki for the best sig I've ever had! Go see her thread and marvel her awesomeness!!!!!

CLICK HERE FOR MEGATALLICA, MY UBER FORUM!!!

Eh. Going off the great science of "Star Trek," he may have receptors implanted on the sides of his head. The mask transfers data into the receptors, and the receptors send the images (flipped, of course) to the brain.

Obviously, the computer in the receptors/mask has to translate the image into energy the brain will "recognize" as an image. This would defiantly take a lot of processing power, so maybe in order to not have major image lag, it only processes shades of red.

Ema has a hat!

It helps him to control his Optic Blast I have a theory that it allows him to see just how much coffee a person has had in their life time... you think I'm joking don't you?!
Being serious though, I always assumed it was to help him to see properly, as he comments on how his eyes are weak. It also doubles as a way of him hide his obvious identity.
I'm not coming back. I'm done with this fanbase. You're all up-tight, nit-picking, hypocrites who are TERRIFIED of change. Getting banned just for standing up for myself... I'm never coming back. Goodbye forever you brats.

You're not the only ones waiting...

Sometime during the final trial, Godot says something about the poison disrupting his central nervous system and that is the reason as to why he is blind. For all we know, his eyes may be perfectly fine. My theory is that his visor sends pulses to his brain. These pulses are strong enough to get through his damaged nervous system, thus allowing him to see.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Waiting on Godot...

Metal4good wrote:
Sometime during the final trial, Godot says something about the poison disrupting his central nervous system and that is the reason as to why he is blind. For all we know, his eyes may be perfectly fine. My theory is that his visor sends pulses to his brain. These pulses are strong enough to get through his damaged nervous system, thus allowing him to see.

Interesting point. So the visor clears the path, and the red is to relax his eyes then (since it emits the lowest frequency light wave)?
ImageImageImageImage
Page 1 of 3 [ 96 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)