Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 2 of 5[ 175 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 


Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

It's all Wright to be wrong sometimes!

Gender: Female

Location: Arguing with someone, naturally!

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:51 pm

Posts: 820

...Oh, and I hate Chuck Norris too.

Back on topic: One point that I hate: Pressing a witness' testimony, Godot creates an animal analogy. Phoenix points out a flaw in it, as he is wont to do. Godot tells him, "Your animal analogies have become tiresome!" Seriously, is he trying to be funny, or is he just that childish?!
Image
Amazing sig and avatar credits go to TheBaronAndEma! Perfect as always!
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mr. Step-ladder

Gender: Male

Location: Killing Floor.

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:50 am

Posts: 685

Or was he trying to bluff? It's all about the bluffs.
Always strive to improve, not compare to others! - Arkillian
Image
Purple Angel wins infinity cookies for this signiture! Who may come back soon!
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3537

You know, I thought this topic was about whether Godot was a good prosecutor. All I'm really hearing from his supporters is "well, he was a good character" or "well, he might not be very skilled, but he's passionate about what he's doing!" which pretty much translates to "he sucks but he gets an A for effort!"

Also, intimidating? I forgot Godot was even there half the time; as was said, Godot doesn't even bother arguing his cases, he just sits back while Phoenix argues his and demands proof when Nick's done. Cool and collected? He throws fits and coffee mugs when things don't go his way. :yuusaku:
Image
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title

Waiting on Godot...

Gender: Female

Location: New Zealand

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:23 am

Posts: 2404

He wasn't bad. I think he would've made a better defense lawyer. He took things too personally. I think had he become a prosecutor when he was younger he'd be fine. He was all about the attack with Phoenix. I don't think he actually cared much about his verdict. Does that make a bad lawyer? I donno. Maybe. He DEFINITELY wasn't Winston Payne leveled bad. Godot did alot of deduction himself. I think he understood the cases MORE than enough to be a little cocky about the court case.

As I said before though- his character isn't about being a prosecutor. Being a prosecutor was a method for him. Given things going right for him, maybe he'd be different.

It's like asking if a wild stallion could be tamed to be a riding horse. Well... yes it can, but there will always be that aspect about them that isn't 100% compliant. You you seem to have a strong dislike for Godot as a character and a lawyer, so I'm fighting a losing battle trying to convince you of this *shrugs* It's fine. Not all characters appeal to everyone
ImageImageImageImage
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mr. Step-ladder

Gender: Male

Location: Killing Floor.

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:50 am

Posts: 685

So, for short. Godot is a rookie and a bad loser in court. After all, he'd been in a coma and just 'quit his job and threw on a new name'. All he was after was Nick's ass (not in a homosexual manner). Also, I'm pretty sure he only understood cases because of his DA days.
Always strive to improve, not compare to others! - Arkillian
Image
Purple Angel wins infinity cookies for this signiture! Who may come back soon!
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Weeee~

Gender: None specified

Location: Brazil

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:24 am

Posts: 137

Wow, I never seen people say that they don't like Godot :udgy:

Anyways, I think he's good prosecutor, indeed. He may not have any wins - just looses - in his record, however, except the von Karmas, he doesn't care for his winning record. He just want to revenge Phoenix for killing Mia, that, besides, I thought it was really nonsense, because, like, how Phoenix'd know that Mia was about to beeing killed?!
Well, well, in anyways, I think he's a good prosecutor - but there's the desvantage that he has. He can't see the color red. Gosh, that's awful :payne:
Image
Thanks Vickinator for the amazing sig!


Last edited by Claire on Wed May 20, 2009 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

just try to stick to the fact -true hero

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:29 am

Posts: 54

i like godot....many had said about godot from his passionate till unskilled as a prosecutor...he's unskilled?yes..He is a defense attorney afterall...and i'm sure he's got what called 'defense's felling'..and he exactly can feel phoenix felling ..cornered, proud, anxious, angry, afraid, dissapointment and glad off course...but he's more experienced than phoenix..and like what they said, cool and collected..that's why..why he seems to ignore everything about the truth..because he trusts phoenix...afterall he leads phoenix to get the right verdic, whatever his ways...outside, he stated his hatred in phoenix..but inside, i think he knew why mia always believe in phoenix..that's why he came..to test phoenix..whether he is capable to bear his great reputation............and...my thought: Godot was the only prosecutor who had a strong personality..he is a real gentleman, not a gay or else :godot:
Image
ema : what?
me : Did i ever look at u?i wanna see the balloon and u just blocking my view..
ema : I.......I............i will trow u snackoos if i'm holding it right now...
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

MARXISM: MAKING PROPERTY HISTORY

Gender: None specified

Location: Buckingham. No, not the Palace, the town. It's miles from London.

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:36 pm

Posts: 139

Okay, i'll try not to get angry like last time. Godot had never prosecuted before T&T, and he only became a prosecutor to meet Phoenix. With more practice, and a purpose to his career, he could probably have become a great prosecutor, but maybe he wasn't as good as Edgey or Franny. That said, Godot is by far my favourite character in the series, and he has the best character theme tune in the series, AND I WILL KILL ANYONE WHO DISAGREES!

Oh sorry. I did it again! :bellboy:
Put this on the end of your Sig everyone:

BRING BACK LIND_L_TAILOR AND BLACKJACK
Make a tribute to them here and help get them back here.
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mr. Step-ladder

Gender: Male

Location: Killing Floor.

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:50 am

Posts: 685

...We already agree. Godot used prosecution as a method to meet this man... Phoenix Wright. As explained by chief.
Always strive to improve, not compare to others! - Arkillian
Image
Purple Angel wins infinity cookies for this signiture! Who may come back soon!
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Fantina's perfect little Franny!

Gender: Female

Location: UK

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Posts: 3471

:godot: <- I like him.
I don't think he's the best prosecutor in the world, but he's a fine character. I like how he seems always relaxed and keeping it sooth. I love his theme tune and some of his one liners are cool. He does appear as "full of himself" and inside he's vengeful, but that's sort of what I find interesting about him.

Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title

Waiting on Godot...

Gender: Female

Location: New Zealand

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:23 am

Posts: 2404

Godot's theme tune live is like... BEST EVAH. I have it as my incoming text messages tune. It's so F@#$ing SEXY :gant:
ImageImageImageImage
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

hee...hee...hee...

Gender: Female

Location: New York

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:14 pm

Posts: 62

Arkillian wrote:
Godot's theme tune live is like... BEST EVAH. I have it as my incoming text messages tune. It's so F@#$ing SEXY :gant:

It is INCREDIBLY sexy. SHOCKINGLY.
Image
Absiposilutivily wonderful avatar by me, art not.
Image
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

It's all Wright to be wrong sometimes!

Gender: Female

Location: Arguing with someone, naturally!

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:51 pm

Posts: 820

It makes me think of a cafe. Whatever floats your tea set, I suppose...
Image
Amazing sig and avatar credits go to TheBaronAndEma! Perfect as always!
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

GANTALITY!

Gender: None specified

Location: UK, Leicester, In a house

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 9:48 pm

Posts: 1149

Arkillian wrote:
Godot's theme tune live is like... BEST EVAH. I have it as my incoming text messages tune. It's so F@#$ing SEXY :gant:


Going off topic here just to say, I love the tune too. I have it on my phone too, it makes me want to be called.. which is odd for a recluse.
Image
"So apparently P/I fan + Insecurity + airheadedness + strange kinks + bad grasp of reality + over eagerness = bad user........." D= /D\
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The Missing Link

Gender: Male

Location: Florida, USA

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:46 am

Posts: 432

SerialVER wrote:
Arkillian wrote:
Godot's theme tune live is like... BEST EVAH. I have it as my incoming text messages tune. It's so F@#$ing SEXY :gant:


Going off topic here just to say, I love the tune too. I have it on my phone too, it makes me want to be called.. which is odd for a recluse.

Hehe, I actually gotten to the point to where I whistle that tune because I love it so much.

Anyways, I don't get why people say Godot isn't calm and cool considering when he throws his coffee cup. I never found he really did it because he was angry, but I always found it as a way to shut up Phoenix and thoroughly stop him in his tracks. Anyways, how people find Franziska better when she's literally whipping somebody every five seconds because she has no anger management apparently is beyond me...
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title

Waiting on Godot...

Gender: Female

Location: New Zealand

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:23 am

Posts: 2404

Apeman1813 wrote:
SerialVER wrote:
Arkillian wrote:
Godot's theme tune live is like... BEST EVAH. I have it as my incoming text messages tune. It's so F@#$ing SEXY :gant:


Going off topic here just to say, I love the tune too. I have it on my phone too, it makes me want to be called.. which is odd for a recluse.

Hehe, I actually gotten to the point to where I whistle that tune because I love it so much.

Anyways, I don't get why people say Godot isn't calm and cool considering when he throws his coffee cup. I never found he really did it because he was angry, but I always found it as a way to shut up Phoenix and thoroughly stop him in his tracks. Anyways, how people find Franziska better when she's literally whipping somebody every five seconds because she has no anger management apparently is beyond me...


With Franny, I see it as a bondage thing- not in a X rated way, but the same way Wonder woman has the lasso of truth. It's insinuated, and it's a subconscious dominance. She uses her whip to OVERPOWER her opponents into submission (Although she over uses it with poor Gumshoe a bit XD ). I think it's to keep up with her father. He was so powerful. If you take away Fran's whip, I think she'd lose confidence in court eventually.

Spoiler: PW3 spoiler on Fran
Specially when you see the end of PW2 where she breaks down into tears. It shows that she isn't as strong as she appears

ImageImageImageImage
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mr. Step-ladder

Gender: Male

Location: Killing Floor.

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:50 am

Posts: 685

Arkillian wrote:
With Franny, I see it as a bondage thing- not in a X rated way, but the same way Wonder woman has the lasso of truth.


Can you be absolutely sure about that? :adrian:
Always strive to improve, not compare to others! - Arkillian
Image
Purple Angel wins infinity cookies for this signiture! Who may come back soon!
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title

Waiting on Godot...

Gender: Female

Location: New Zealand

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:23 am

Posts: 2404

Ardee wrote:
Arkillian wrote:
With Franny, I see it as a bondage thing- not in a X rated way, but the same way Wonder woman has the lasso of truth.


Can you be absolutely sure about that? :adrian:


If the fandom wants bondage, then that's their prerogative. Just don't complain when us P x E shippers have them running off to the men's toilets in recess for a quickie ;) This is just my humble opinion as a writer. Franny has ego issues to me just like Adrian does. That pairing makes sense to me for that reason. They feed off eachothers stronger side.
ImageImageImageImage
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mr. Step-ladder

Gender: Male

Location: Killing Floor.

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:50 am

Posts: 685

I've really got to use this more: [/sarcasm].
Always strive to improve, not compare to others! - Arkillian
Image
Purple Angel wins infinity cookies for this signiture! Who may come back soon!
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

OBJECTION! BOTH ATTORNEYS ARE AWESOME!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:51 am

Posts: 394

Apeman1813 wrote:
SerialVER wrote:
Arkillian wrote:
Godot's theme tune live is like... BEST EVAH. I have it as my incoming text messages tune. It's so F@#$ing SEXY :gant:


Going off topic here just to say, I love the tune too. I have it on my phone too, it makes me want to be called.. which is odd for a recluse.

Hehe, I actually gotten to the point to where I whistle that tune because I love it so much.

Anyways, I don't get why people say Godot isn't calm and cool considering when he throws his coffee cup. I never found he really did it because he was angry, but I always found it as a way to shut up Phoenix and thoroughly stop him in his tracks. Anyways, how people find Franziska better when she's literally whipping somebody every five seconds because she has no anger management apparently is beyond me...



Franziska has a lot of her father in her [To the point where she even has his body language down]. At least once in every case she's in, she's either accused of witness intimidation, forging evidence, or both. As well, she really drives points into the ground and can easily explain a scene whereas Godot's entire case hinges on whether or not Phoenix's arguments hold up. Anger issues or not, she's so much better as a prosecutor to the point where it's quite possible that Phoenix could have lost 3-2 or 3-3 had Franziska been prosecuting.

[I've just developed a recent obsession with :franny: and felt the need to defend her]
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

GANTALITY!

Gender: None specified

Location: UK, Leicester, In a house

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 9:48 pm

Posts: 1149

BBdoubleB wrote:
Franziska has a lot of her father in her [To the point where she even has his body language down]. At least once in every case she's in, she's either accused of witness intimidation, forging evidence, or both. As well, she really drives points into the ground and can easily explain a scene whereas Godot's entire case hinges on whether or not Phoenix's arguments hold up. Anger issues or not, she's so much better as a prosecutor to the point where it's quite possible that Phoenix could have lost 3-2 or 3-3 had Franziska been prosecuting.

[I've just developed a recent obsession with :franny: and felt the need to defend her]


Co-dependent = Franny
Image
"So apparently P/I fan + Insecurity + airheadedness + strange kinks + bad grasp of reality + over eagerness = bad user........." D= /D\
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

OBJECTION! BOTH ATTORNEYS ARE AWESOME!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:51 am

Posts: 394

'Kay? That doesn't refute any of my points on how Franziska makes Godot look like Payne.

Never mind that there's no evidence to support it. Yes, Franziska is a softie on the inside, as JFA says, but when she was prosecuting cases by herself [Unless you want to argue Gumshoe as support] she sure as hell didn't seem co-dependent to me.
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

I like cute things

Gender: Female

Location: England

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:33 pm

Posts: 126

Back to Godot --> Well, I think that he's a pretty good prosecutor, considering that he's pretty much a rookie at prosecuting (defending and prosecuting are two very different things) and hadn't been in court for the entire time he was in the coma :yuusaku:

He's cool and collected, as it's said before, and he makes you think and work really hard to get your verdict because you have to prove all your theories. He's got a dark past and may not be out there for the sake of justice, but that just makes him that more mysterious and a more formidable opponent.

And his theme is really catchy :godot:

IMHO, as a prosecutor, he was good. As a character, he was awesome.
Pocky is love!

:cookie: :kyouya: x :sassy:
:cookie: :maya: x :phoenix:
:cookie: :mia: x :godot:

:cookie: =D
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

It's all Wright to be wrong sometimes!

Gender: Female

Location: Arguing with someone, naturally!

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:51 pm

Posts: 820

Apeman1813 wrote:
SerialVER wrote:
Arkillian wrote:
Godot's theme tune live is like... BEST EVAH. I have it as my incoming text messages tune. It's so F@#$ing SEXY :gant:


Going off topic here just to say, I love the tune too. I have it on my phone too, it makes me want to be called.. which is odd for a recluse.

Hehe, I actually gotten to the point to where I whistle that tune because I love it so much.

Anyways, I don't get why people say Godot isn't calm and cool considering when he throws his coffee cup. I never found he really did it because he was angry, but I always found it as a way to shut up Phoenix and thoroughly stop him in his tracks. Anyways, how people find Franziska better when she's literally whipping somebody every five seconds because she has no anger management apparently is beyond me...

It seems to me that chucking a mug of hot coffee is only a short step down from whipping somebody.
(How do they get away with that, anyway...?)
Stopping him in his tracks, yes. But really, pelting somebody with your caffeine fix is NOT GOOD.
EDIT: Whipping also stops people in their tracks..and the comic relief is really nice.
Image
Amazing sig and avatar credits go to TheBaronAndEma! Perfect as always!


Last edited by JasmineJustice on Sun May 24, 2009 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

OBJECTION! BOTH ATTORNEYS ARE AWESOME!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:51 am

Posts: 394

Honestly, I've never really see someone argue Godot as not calm. People who hate him usually have much different reasons.

Even I see him as calm, and...I've made my voice in this topic clear by now, I'll spare the rant.
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Beaverditch

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 8:16 am

Posts: 862

I liked Godot's character. I can't quite describe why...mostly because I just woke up hahahaha :sillytrucy: Of course he's not going to be that great of a prosecutor because he was a friggin' defense attorney and he was just winging it because he had no experience. Sure, his reasons for becoming a prosecutor were a bit on the immature side, but then again, which prosecutor doesn't have one?? Well, maybe not Klavier or Winston Payne....

...But anyway, everyone does have their own opinion, and there's no way you can convince them otherwise *sigh* :sad-maya:
Image
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

Psych'd wrote:
Back to Godot --> Well, I think that he's a pretty good prosecutor, considering that he's pretty much a rookie at prosecuting (defending and prosecuting are two very different things) and hadn't been in court for the entire time he was in the coma :yuusaku:


But as a prosecutor he was wrong about every case he took! You couldn't be worse than that.

Psych'd wrote:
He's cool and collected, as it's said before, and he makes you think and work really hard to get your verdict because you have to prove all your theories.


Phoenix always has to prove his theories--that's what every prosecutor he faces does. It's not like Edgeworth and Franziska didn't also say "prove it" over and over.

We can speculate on what kind of lawyer Diego was before his "accident" but the truth is we never see him win a case, ever. He was sloppy as a prosecutor (due to his revenge obsession) and the only way we know he was any good as a defense attorney is because Mia says that he was the top in Grossberg's firm. Considering the firm includes Hammond (who inadvertantly ruined his client's life) and Grossberg himself (who sold Misty for a pile of money) that doesn't say tooooo much.

In short, the only reason we assume Diego was good in either of his professions is because someone else said he was, and not even people in a position to judge his skill. The game wants us to think that he was fantastic but we never see it.
ImageImage
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:42 pm

Posts: 938

The rule with Godot is that he's an asshole before he's a prosecutor; every opportunity that arises for him to be a dick takes priority over him actually being good at whatever he's doing. Namely, revenge and by association being an asshole, was far more important to Godot than actually succeeding. I mean think about it, he called Phoenix out on eeeeeverything. Not just things pertaining to the case either; Godot personally insulted Phoenix pretty much every time he opened his mouth. So in short, no, Godot is not a good prosecutor. He is, however, one hell of a douchebag.

I must also point out that this rule does not apply to Diego Armando.


Croik wrote:
We can speculate on what kind of lawyer Diego was before his "accident" but the truth is we never see him win a case, ever. He was sloppy as a prosecutor (due to his revenge obsession) and the only way we know he was any good as a defense attorney is because Mia says that he was the top in Grossberg's firm. Considering the firm includes Hammond (who inadvertantly ruined his client's life) and Grossberg himself (who sold Misty for a pile of money) that doesn't say tooooo much.

In short, the only reason we assume Diego was good in either of his professions is because someone else said he was, and not even people in a position to judge his skill. The game wants us to think that he was fantastic but we never see it.


I always just took Mia's word for it. He appeared to be someone she respected and even looked up to. The game does a pretty good job of reinforcing every other judgment Mia's ever made, so I don't really see any reason to doubt her judgment of Diego. Though it has been awhile since I've replayed anything other than the first game, so I may be mistaken about Mia always being right.
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title

The Law

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:32 am

Posts: 41

I personally like Godot, but when it comes to whether he's a good prosecutor or not... It doesn't matter the only reason he became a prosecutor is to face Phoenix. And as for the "Godot is sexist thing" I vaguely remember Godot saying something to Franziska in 3-5 about He's the prosecutor of this case not her and now I remember him saying that he hates women like her. Then Franziska whips Phoenix which is weird because she could've whipped Godot.
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title

Waiting on Godot...

Gender: Female

Location: New Zealand

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:23 am

Posts: 2404

jahzara777 wrote:
Then Franziska whips Phoenix which is weird because she could've whipped Godot.


I think she was intimidated by him. Gets a desirable reaction off Phoenix though ^^ Again, the dominance thing... she knows she tops Phoenix, but Godot... he's too powerful for her
ImageImageImageImage
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title

amirite

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 1:30 pm

Posts: 2

I think it's a bit harsh to condemn Godot the way everyone does. People are right about one thing though, he's all too human.

He's doesn't really do a good job on prosecuting, but I seriously doubt he's even trying. My explanation has spoilers from all chapters lol

Spoiler:
At the point which Phoenix met him he had just woken up from a slumber to find out that almost everything he had put his passion in has died:

The court system (justice), his lover (love), moral value and human potential (society, aka remember that he was a defense attorney before), and probably most painful of all: Himself.

So what does he really believe in anymore? Easy at this point to know that he's grasping at straws to find some sort of confidence in something, because he's just an empty shell after what he went through. Anyone that's gone through a similar scenario of being powerless to change something and still having that lingering belief within oneself that maybe there was a better ending, some way to protect your loved ones from the cruelties of outside. Hell I'm playing this game again right now because I just can't get enough of the subtleties within the things he says... Half the time he speaks in analogies or metaphors it reveals his own weakness, why he fell.

That's why I love PW, the underlying theme that binds all things together seem to be death and rebirth. You might say that Mia experienced the same thing with Terry doing himself in. In this way I find it touching how the two have a similar kind of fate and destiny. Mia had Phoenix as his saving grace: I got shivers down my spine when he swallowed the necklace of poison. Two very similar cases but different endings... Both having fallen opportunity and saving grace. Both of which pain has strengthened the bearer.

It's like that AMI pot that Pearl broke. The first step of something, as complete as it may be, may not be as beautiful regardless of happiness (because happiness is subjective). The second step may involve you being incomplete, uglier than the first. But in the end with seeking and chasing, you will always find that "you need a ton of pressure to make a diamond" (omg godot quote)

Probably Godot knew about all this and therefore that's why he was pissing off Phoenix so much. He wanted to get his saving grace from proving that Nick was an incompetent idiot who was probably the cause of Mia's death. The easy way out to an issue is to pin it on someone else. This is why I said he was grasping at straws, with a sound mind he would probably know that this would be a dick move, but humans never act the same when their life crumbles before them huh?

When he tested Nick, he was probably upset because it only showed him that he had nothing else to blame but himself. This is the only riddle he wanted to chase down to the end: To find out who was at fault, to find his saving grace. I don't think he gave two bits about how successful he'd be with his prosecuting career, thus he never made any tricks or mind games.

That's exactly why I find him to be one of the most well thought out characters in the entire series of ace attorney. Out of all the characters, he's the one who would be able to say "I just don't give a ****" and mean it to the fullest. It's cool how in the end he found out his saving grace in sharing the sorrows and prevailing with Wright... I always thought that he saw how much stronger Nick chose to be after the death of Mia, and therefore he understood that he's not the only one regretting, but he was now the only one sulking. Cause of this and seeing the ultimate judgement on a long lost enemy, his faith in himself, the court and everything else is redeemed in the end. He got a new motivation.

Yeah I don't really like the other prosecutors, seemed all too "gamey" to me. Godot was something out of a drama, he's someone that's experienced a total breakdown of life. It must have taken a lot of consideration to decide what he says and when he says it. Edgeworth's story somehow didn't appeal to me either... It was touching, but something about it wasn't as painful and regretful as the Godot story: Having something taken outta your hands because you weren't careful enough. The poison was in the COFFEE, man he must have killed himself over it (no pun intended).


:godot: It's not about his abilities, its his story that makes him so great. With a sound mind he'd probably be a totally different lawyer/prosecutor.

Yea yea its tl:dr :yogi:
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

It's all Wright to be wrong sometimes!

Gender: Female

Location: Arguing with someone, naturally!

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:51 pm

Posts: 820

You make a very good argument, sir.
Image
Amazing sig and avatar credits go to TheBaronAndEma! Perfect as always!
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Shoulda been Brawldude, but was taken

Gender: None specified

Location: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:11 am

Posts: 502

... :omg:

I couldn't type like that unless I was commited to it... :jake:
Image
Click the sig to see my graphics topic!

My sig -is- original. Lots of people just make sigs similar to this one a lot.
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title

Waiting on Godot...

Gender: Female

Location: New Zealand

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:23 am

Posts: 2404

I love him too- there are enough that don't though. I deal with it as long as they're not ass holes to me for loving his character. I have my opinion on him, and I'm not pressing it. If they want to preach anti Godot, they can do it in another thread. This isn't an anti Godot thread- it's asking if he was a good prosecutor or not. Flames seem to be emanate in a thread like this though...
ImageImageImageImage
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title

amirite

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 1:30 pm

Posts: 2

Ah I seem to have found a tl:dr version of my wall of text, in the game!

:godot: "When does someone throw their dirty shorts in the washing machine?"
:trapcardcoffee: "When they take them off"

my exact order of reaction after thinking about what this means:
:think: :apollo-shock: :gant-clap2: :gant-jazz:

Didn't catch all of this during my first playthrough, as I was too into the case itself and just about everything else. Putting some thought behind it, there's a lot about Godot that can relate to yourself. I want to play through all the other games as well and see if there's any deeper meaning behind the other stories... but it was never really too memorable to me, anyone?
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wriiight D<

Gender: None specified

Location: Solitary Cell 13

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 2:26 pm

Posts: 59

HowObjectionable wrote:
Hylian100 wrote:
Therefore, if we're beign realistic, he isn't a good prosecutor, but he's an awesome one.


This. :godot:


Also this :P
Image
;3
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Chief Oldbagger

Gender: None specified

Location: There.

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 7:52 pm

Posts: 662

Well, a good reason why he isn't good is this.
"Hey Luke, you say he hit you on the forehead, but yesterday I heard you say he hit you in the back of the head, and what I'm telling the court is true because I say it is."
I mean really, he doesn't even say "But you're lying!" he just says nothing. >_>
Image
Credits to Nadindi for both the avvie and sig!

Two week break!
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

It's all Wright to be wrong sometimes!

Gender: Female

Location: Arguing with someone, naturally!

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:51 pm

Posts: 820

I had totally forgotten that he had missed that. Surely he would have pointed it out, even just as an excuse to insult Wright more.
Image
Amazing sig and avatar credits go to TheBaronAndEma! Perfect as always!
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

PsychoDahlia?!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:23 pm

Posts: 124

In my opinion, Godot was a semi-woeful prosecutor. I thought Payne was on about the same level as him in 3-1.

Arkillian wrote:
I love him too- there are enough that don't though. I deal with it as long as they're not ass holes to me for loving his character. I have my opinion on him, and I'm not pressing it. If they want to preach anti Godot, they can do it in another thread. This isn't an anti Godot thread- it's asking if he was a good prosecutor or not. Flames seem to be emanate in a thread like this though...


'Enough that don't? It seems that there are only about four who truly hate him... others don't like his prosecuting but like his character, etc. Well, that settles it, I'll make an anti-Godot thread, then. I think we are in desperate need of something like that.
Image
Thanks C.Gholy for my earth-shattering wallpaper, and .•°٭blinq٭°•. for this amazingly wonderful signature!
Re: Was Godot a good prosecutor?Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

No one has said that Godot is so horrible that anyone who likes him is a bad person or anything - it's just that with Godot his personality is linked very directly to his skill as a prosecutor (since he took up the profession for very specific personal reasons), so it's hard not to comment on his ability without his character coming into play. No one is "preaching" anti-Godot, they're just saying whether or not they like him and why.

The last thing we need is anti-threads, though.
ImageImage
Page 2 of 5 [ 175 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO