Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 1 of 1[ 33 posts ]

The Stolen Turnabout - I'm still confused on what happenedTopic%20Title

I don't think that anyone already posted this... But sorry, if someone did.

I had alot of trouble on The Stolen Turnabout, and after presenting random evidence for sometime (which was not a good idea...) for the first time, I had to look at the Phoenix Wright T&T Walkthrough on Court-Records. I mean, usually, i can find the contradiction... Especially on the 2nd case! Even after I completed that case, I was and still am confused... Can someone please explain what happened? Thanks. :maya:
Thanks to TheBaronAndEma for the totally awesome sig and avatar!
Acro's awesome. But I like Demyx more. =D
Re: The Stolen Turnabout - I'm still confused on what happenedTopic%20Title

It's all Wright to be wrong sometimes!

Okay...I'll try...(I hated that case. Ugh.) Kane Bullard was blackmailing Atmey, who was blackmailing Ron DeLite-the true Mask-star-DeMasque. Atmey made a fake picture days before the theft so that he had an alibi for the murder of Bullard. Bullard's blackmail letter to Atmey was planted in DeLite's apartment to get DeLite to go to the CEO's office, where the real killer, Atmey, framed him. At first, the alibi of 'I was in the CEO's Office' lets you save DeLite from the theft charges, but this makes him a suspect of murder. Atmey framed himself as Mask-star-DeMasque to create an alibi for his murder of Bullard.
It's an entangled, confusing case, isn't it?
Amazing sig and avatar credits go to TheBaronAndEma! Perfect as always!

JasmineJustice wrote:
Okay...I'll try...(I hated that case. Ugh.) Kane Bullard was blackmailing Atmey, who was blackmailing Ron DeLite-the true Mask-star-DeMasque. Atmey made a fake picture days before the theft so that he had an alibi for the murder of Bullard. Bullard's blackmail letter to Atmey was planted in DeLite's apartment to get DeLite to go to the CEO's office, where the real killer, Atmey, framed him. At first, the alibi of 'I was in the CEO's Office' lets you save DeLite from the theft charges, but this makes him a suspect of murder. Atmey framed himself as Mask-star-DeMasque to create an alibi for his murder of Bullard.

Well, I understood what happened the first day, but the events of second day really confused me. The whole sacred urn thing confused me. Maybe I'm being like the :udgy:, and I just forgot something. But it's the fake picture thing that confuses me. So Atmey just made a fake picture and stole in on the same day that they found out it was stolen? Ehh... Well, thank you, that helps. :edgy:

Good 'til the last drop.

JasmineJustice wrote:
Okay...I'll try...(I hated that case. Ugh.)

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???
That was a great case! :yuusaku: + :zaviaar: = EPICNESS
By Lind_L_Tailor^
Creator and head guy thing of the Ace Attorney Awards! Come vote to help end meaningless debates! With style. :butzthumbs:
:damon:
^^ Click The Gant!

Burninator wrote:
JasmineJustice wrote:
Okay...I'll try...(I hated that case. Ugh.)

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???
That was a great case! :yuusaku: + :zaviaar: = EPICNESS

I mean, I liked the characters, but it left me very confused...

Oh, don't get me wrong, I loved playing it, but why, oh WHY, is it so CONVOLUTED?!
Quote:
Well, I understood what happened the first day, but the events of second day really confused me. The whole sacred urn thing confused me. Maybe I'm being like the , and I just forgot something. But it's the fake picture thing that confuses me. So Atmey just made a fake picture and stole in on the same day that they found out it was stolen? Ehh... Well, thank you, that helps.

Yes, I think so. I'm always happy to be of service. *bows extravagantly*

JasmineJustice wrote:
Oh, don't get me wrong, I loved playing it, but why, oh WHY, is it so CONVOLUTED?!
Quote:
Well, I understood what happened the first day, but the events of second day really confused me. The whole sacred urn thing confused me. Maybe I'm being like the , and I just forgot something. But it's the fake picture thing that confuses me. So Atmey just made a fake picture and stole in on the same day that they found out it was stolen? Ehh... Well, thank you, that helps.

Yes, I think so. I'm always happy to be of service. *bows extravagantly*

Once again, thank you very much.
I can be kinda lazy at times, which is my excuse for just asking rather than taking the time to find out. Image

I usually have to explain what happened to my friend. She says that I don't get the maximum benefit from the game if I can't explain it...She's wierd like that, but hey, I'm obsessed with Edgeworth and my future career and she puts up with it.

XD :edgy: Alot of people like Edgey, don't they? Well, I like him too! (Hey, I'm a girl! I can like him, too!)

I had to put up with my friends obsession with Ike (He's a Fire Emblem character). And because of my (according to her) "Make my friends like the games I like and want it badly if I talk about it long enough" powers. I was able to make her want the Ace Attorney series; when I brought the first game to her house, she started playing it and wouldn't give it back until I had to leave.

For some really random reason, I explained Turnabout Big Top to my friend... Every little detail. Then someone went, "Why are you talking about goofy clowns at random circus's?" :yogi:

Thanks Kyn for the avi! :D

Funny thing is, I first played this case like, last year. The next day in government class we talked about the 5th amendment and Double Jeopardy, and I was all like "say wut?"

Then I got farther in this case the next day and Phoenix explained Double Jeopardy in 1/10 of the time and with an easier to understand description.

Who needs gov't class when you got PW? :keiko:

Edgeworth is lovable. *picks up costume* Last day of the school year, I am so wearing it. :edgy:
Quote:
Funny thing is, I first played this case like, last year. The next day in government class we talked about the 5th amendment and Double Jeopardy, and I was all like "say wut?"

Then I got farther in this case the next day and Phoenix explained Double Jeopardy in 1/10 of the time and with an easier to understand description.

Who needs gov't class when you got PW?

Image Truth.

Haileyvoir wrote:

Who needs gov't class when you got PW? :keiko:

XD

Who needs government class when you, like me, derive amazing enjoyment from reading through court transcripts, etc.?

Prosecutor

The reason the fake picture's confusing is because of the misleading timestamp. It appears to have been taken on the apparent day of the theft and the real day of the murder, the day when the statue was moved, the bent sword appeared, and so on. But actually, it was taken at that time of night days before, to prepare an emergency alibi for Atmey. The computer data is a lie.

The urn was broken long before the crime, and hastily reassembled by Adrian. In the process, it was splattered with paint. After the reassembly, but possibly even before he sent his note, Atmey nabbed the urn. This is how he knew it was "speckled." He used this opportunity to create the photo alibi, and then staged the scene later to make it look like it happened when the murder did.

In other words:

1. Urn arrives and is broken.
2. Atmey steals urn and makes photo alibi.
3. Atmey commits murder and knocks out Ron at the crime scene.
4. Atmey rearranges theft scene before the morning comes, taking care not to set off the camera. This makes it look like the theft happened at the same time as the murder, giving him an alibi.

A sneaky plan - though perhaps a better one would have been to never be tied to the murder at all. But the ID cards leave permanent records, so I suppose that would have been difficult.

The cape is self-fluttering

I can't remember... but did they say how Luke got into the CEO's office?
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

No, but I don't see why Bullard wouldn't have just let him in. He thought Atmey was coming to pay him off, right?

I thought that this case was pretty straightforward, but there was one detail that just bugs me.
How in the heck did the sword get bent in the first place? If it was straight the day before then when you come back, it's bent, but no one was really there in the first place because they were a KB Security, who bent it? Or how? :yuusaku:
Maybe I just missed something or whatever, but if someone could explain it to me that'd be nice.
:U

The cape is self-fluttering

Mr_Mutated_Mushroom wrote:
I thought that this case was pretty straightforward, but there was one detail that just bugs me.
How in the heck did the sword get bent in the first place? If it was straight the day before then when you come back, it's bent, but no one was really there in the first place because they were a KB Security, who bent it? Or how? :yuusaku:
Maybe I just missed something or whatever, but if someone could explain it to me that'd be nice.

We're just supposed to assume Luke went back some time during the night to fix the crime scene for the sake of fabricating his story. It isn't clear how he bent the sword, but he probably did it when he went to move the statue.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

i feel pretty

The only thing in that case that irked me was this: when Luke's psyche-locks appear, you break his lie and it is revealed that he was thwarted by Masque*DeMasque, but this wasn't true. SO WHAT WAS THAT PSYCHE-LOCK ABOUT THEN?!

Mr_Mutated_Mushroom wrote:

I didn't... XD

Lind_L_Tailor wrote:
The only thing in that case that irked me was this: when Luke's psyche-locks appear, you break his lie and it is revealed that he was thwarted by Masque*DeMasque, but this wasn't true. SO WHAT WAS THAT PSYCHE-LOCK ABOUT THEN?!

Now that I think about it... Yeah! WHAT WAS THAT PSYCHE-LOCK ABOUT?! Image

Lind_L_Tailor wrote:

Psycholocks don't appear when someone's lying, they appear when someone has a secret they aren't willing to just give up. Luke was holding out on admitting he was "attacked" because if he spilled the beans right away, it wouldn't be as believable.

A Kirby and AA fan

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Lind_L_Tailor wrote:

Psycholocks don't appear when someone's lying, they appear when someone has a secret they aren't willing to just give up. Luke was holding out on admitting he was "attacked" because if he spilled the beans right away, it wouldn't be as believable.

Yeah, but in actuality, Luke never got attacked so it's not a true secrets. And I believe Psyche-locks only appear if you have a real secret.

i feel pretty

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Lind_L_Tailor wrote:

Well, the Psyche-Lock appearing makes sense, but the Psyche-Lock dissapearing when we didn't break the secret does not.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Lind_L_Tailor wrote:

...Psycholocks...?

Oh, I remember...

When is it ever stated that secrets have to be "real" or "true"? I can think of very few examples where you learn the whole truth about something just by breaking someone's locks.

A Kirby and AA fan

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
When is it ever stated that secrets have to be "real" or "true"? I can think of very few examples where you learn the whole truth about something just by breaking someone's locks.

It's never explicitly stated, but Pearl says that you can "see the secrets locked deep inside someone's heart" or something to that extent. That really sounds like true secrets.
You usually don't learn the whole truth because the secret they're hiding is usually not the murder itself but something indirectly related to it. A few examples:
Spoiler: JFA and T&T
Mia knowing more about Morgan wanting to be the Master. Moe about the incident with Bat. Adrian being clumsy with the Kurain urn. Victor Kudo visiting Très Bien just for the waitresses.

i feel pretty

That's true, but the Psyche-locks only break when the truth is spilled. It doesn't necessarrilly have to be the whole truth, but it soes have to be the truth.

Spoiler: JfA, T&T
What about when "Ini" told Phoenix about Mimi dying in the car crash? Or "Iris" confessing that her sister was channelled on the night of Misty's death? Or Oldbag not talking to you in 2-4 just because she doesn't feel like cooperating with you? I wouldn't consider any of those "true" secrets; whatever those would be.

i feel pretty

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
What about when "Ini" told Phoenix about Mimi dying in the car crash? Or "Iris" confessing that her sister was channelled on the night of Misty's death? Or Oldbag not talking to you in 2-4 just because she doesn't feel like cooperating with you? I wouldn't consider any of those "true" secrets; whatever those would be.

Here's the thing: Ini presumably said something to the effect of "my sister died in that crash". TRUE.

The others I have no explanation for. Bwuh?

In other words, Luke's lock isn't the sole exception to the "rule."

Ergo, the premise that psycholocks only appear to cover lies and "true" secrets is flawed.

:think:

A Kirby and AA fan

Lind_L_Tailor wrote:
That's true, but the Psyche-locks only break when the truth is spilled. It doesn't necessarrilly have to be the whole truth, but it soes have to be the truth.

Oh, I know that. I even already agreed with you on that. :keiko:

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Hmm, I admit, this does come as something surprising to me. For now you win, but I will come back to this! JUST YOU WAIT!
(Of course, I am kidding with the last part)

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Spoiler:
Ini just said her sister died, I don't think she ever said it was Mimi who died.

Page 1 of 1 [ 33 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)