Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 1 of 1[ 31 posts ]

Why Godot why?!?! (Spoilers?)Topic%20Title

Genius prodigy

At one point in the trail in 3-5 the judge was going to proclaim Iris not guilty and no was accused and Godoy could have gotten away with what he did. Why would he insist on finding the truth? Did he feel guilty? Did he want to show the world his motive? Did he change his mind because he saw Mia again? Did he do it because he wanted to fight with Phoenix? :godot:
Re: Why Godot why?!?! (Spoilers?)Topic%20Title

....E.S.P is no aid in detecting sarcasm

i like pairings. plus with what he said about mia wich was soooo cute btw, i think he did it for mia. also,i think he probably wanted to speed up the process of joining her. :godot:
still, thats just my veiw. :udgy:
Fan of paramore, ace attorney, drugs, and the will to live.

hubby is the awesome jaydrick0620!
my darling children are Miyako Chinatsu and slezac and apollajustice
sons in law , yaragorm and eliasbloodmoon
love you guys!

Waiting on Godot...

I think he felt guilt y for killing Misty and wanted justice for himself, and realised his down fall. That Phoenix had done his job right,and that there was no point of him continuing. he did a crime that needed punishment. His whole story is very Shakespeare tragedy like- The hero starts off high and mighty, and falls so far before his tragic demise. I suspect his outcome was sub optimal, but a part of mye thinks he'd get life imprisonment with full visiting rights due to technicalities of the Kurain technique :)
ImageImageImageImage

hey, that was really long winded, but possible. still, i think its cause he had a major death wish to join mia. :godot: i probably wont budge from that , im really stuborn.

love you guys!

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

I think it was because he still had a grudge against Phoenix for what happened to Mia. He was determined to defeat him.

wouldnt that defeat the point of practically handing himself in?

love you guys!

nuuuuu, stoooooop

I think Godot decided far in advance exactly how *he* wanted the trial to end: he knew deep down he had to be held responsible, but he was either too proud or too much of a coward to just confess. Plus he wanted one last chance to prove himself over Phoenix, and maybe he even felt he was teaching Maya something by forcing her to confront her mother's death so openly.

In short, he was just being selfish.
ImageImage

i dont think he was being cowardly. proud is a good one though, especially as the profile of diego armando describes him as smug., which suggests he could be a proud person. but yes, it all appears to go down to him being selfish. he made maya cry!!!!!

love you guys!

Gettin' Old!

I do think Godot wanted to make it a last test to Nick.
Like to determine if Nick was really worthy of following Mia Fey's footsteps, he had to see if Nick could succeed in defending the Fey Bloodline since Godot knew he wouldn't be able to assuming justice was truly served and Godot got convicted.

Otherwise Godot figured the entire case out ahead of schedule and wanted to see if Nick had what it takes to exorcise the demon Dahlia (rather WTF?) and so he could confront her once more.

You'll have to forgive any vagueness, I don't own the game I borrowed it to complete it and my memory may be fuzzy :yuusaku:

That said I seriously doubt he got the Death Sentence. I don't think he was emo enough to want to die to be with Mia.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

chatterboxn18 wrote:
At one point in the trail in 3-5 the judge was going to proclaim Iris not guilty and no was accused and Godoy could have gotten away with what he did.

Even if he managed to get away with it, once that knife with the blood was finally identified, Godot's "freedom" would be ruined before he could even finish a cup of coffee :doodle:.

And I honestly don't know the reason on why he'd keep the trial to continue even though Iris was innocent. Only thing I can come up with is guilt and possibly wanting Phoenix to solve this all by himself? But damn Godot had to keep giving out hints :nick:

lame alert

9i agree with most of the above.
i think he handed himself in because he had accomplished everything,
his reasons to live - he had seen how phoenix was in court, saved maya and realised all of his mistakes and got over his grudge. no unfinished business left - apart from mia. and he wanted to join her... after all he says he died when she did.
Image My fanfic fanart
Click the sig for my graphics :) requests taken.
Deviantart
sig nd avvi thanx 2 my boredom:)

Fanboy Hunter

I think Godot was testing Phoenix. He needed to see how he was as opposed to Mia and all. He was sort of working with Phoenix but at the same time he let him do all the work and fought back.
Click pic below.

Waiting on Godot...

I think it got a little fuzzy near the end with his motives, but if anyone has read a Shakespeare Tragedy, it has the same formula.

Man- has it all. A great job, a beautiful woman that loves him. Dreams and goals

Tragidy strikes- man falls to dark side. As this happens, is world crumbles around him.

Man attempts to fix world around him, but he is now corrupt, so does more harm than good.

Man tries to reason with himself- 'I'm doing this for the greater good!'

Man has final confrontation with his greatest enemy, and loses.

Man pays the ultimate price for the person he has become. Man falls tragically, and 'dies' a beautiful death.

The world becomes a better place once more, and the characters reflect on his sad story.

The End.

Poetic. Beautiful. No need for reasoning. Whether Godot dies as a result of his crimes, or if he lives his life in sorrow in jail, he was a romantic man. It was a powerful feel that his character had throughout the whole story. I could feel that his past was a dark one, and that he'd fall by the end of the story, and oh my- how DID he fall!

Why he did what he did, I don't know. All I know is that you can down play Godot's actions as selfish or and idiotic as much as you want, but it doesn't take away from the fact that he was a romantic man that fell to the dark side, and forgot compassion. HHe's sort of like the Phantom of the Opera. Poetic and beautiful, yet has an ugly spot in his heart that he wishes he didn't have, but did. I think part of him DID want revenge dispite Maya's safety. That's his poisoned soul though, and I think that makes wonderful reading.
ImageImageImageImage

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

Wow. When you put Godot's story that way it really does sound like a Shakespeare story. :godot:

yup. definite trademark tragedy.

love you guys!

lame alert

you are totally right.

wouldnt it be cool if someone got clips from the shakespeare tradgedies to show mia and diegos story???
i mean you could use romeo and juliet for the poisoning, just first have godot dinkin coffe, then switch to romeo just drank poison. could it work??
Image My fanfic fanart
Deviantart

Waiting on Godot...

ilygodot wrote:
you are totally right.

wouldnt it be cool if someone got clips from the shakespeare tradgedies to show mia and diegos story???
i mean you could use romeo and juliet for the poisoning, just first have godot dinkin coffe, then switch to romeo just drank poison. could it work??

Heh- the problem is that he's poisoned at the beginning of the show :) I don't think his story directly relates to any one Shakespeare play that I'm aware of, but I bet it was atleast an influence on his character :) He's pretty close to the Hamlet plot line though. I think that'd be my guess if I were to pick one. Like... Dahlia and IRis could be the 3 weird sisters, and although Diego wasn't the future lord of the land, he was a high ranked lawyer. Hamlet had a wife, but potential girlfriend is enough, right? Then he gets Ironically poisoned by coffee by Dahlia (one of the '3 weird sisters') Deigo its tainted mentally by the experience and falls, like how the 3 weird sisters convince Hamlet to do a bunch of crazy things to become the lord of the land. Hamlet eventually murders an important person- so does Godot. Godot doesn't make the 'To be or not to be' speach, but the focus was on the heroes, so he didn't get the chance XD I think it's an interesting parallel ^^
ImageImageImageImage

lame alert

heh heh. and either morgan,cadaverini or kristoph could join dahlia and iris!!!!
heh heh :uramidn:
:godot:
Image My fanfic fanart
Deviantart

it could go crazy and as a tool in a murder plan the other could be pearl

love you guys!

Arkillian wrote:
I think it got a little fuzzy near the end with his motives, but if anyone has read a Shakespeare Tragedy, it has the same formula.

Man- has it all. A great job, a beautiful woman that loves him. Dreams and goals

Tragidy strikes- man falls to dark side. As this happens, is world crumbles around him.

Man attempts to fix world around him, but he is now corrupt, so does more harm than good.

Man tries to reason with himself- 'I'm doing this for the greater good!'

Man has final confrontation with his greatest enemy, and loses.

Man pays the ultimate price for the person he has become. Man falls tragically, and 'dies' a beautiful death.

The world becomes a better place once more, and the characters reflect on his sad story.

The End.

This is a tad late but...

Though I have studied very little Shakespeare tragedies (most of the Shakespeare we have done so far comes 'not tragic', I believe that what you've said actually works out quite well.

In my personal opinion, I think that in the end, he insisted on 'finding out the truth' as you've said it, it was his own way of repaying everyone for what they have done for him (Maya defending him against Phoenix's accusations, etc). Also, I suppose there would be a reasonable amount of guilt sitting on his shoulders of the knowledge of what’s he done-I doubt that he would, in the end, forgive himself on pinning the blame of his lover’s death on an innocent girl. In a highly twisted way, it’s actually partially admirable of him.

Just slotting in my two cents.

If anyone would like a signature made, feel free to send a message, and I'll see what I can do.

Waiting on Godot...

Yeah- the end was a little fuzzy, eh? I mean, he was tragic, and di alot wrong, but you're right, he is an admirable person. He's my favourite character in the PW universe. He was VERY passionate, and dedicated. He became lost, and cold, but you just knew that deap down he meant the best ^^ I think his beauty comes in the attachment you make with him knowing how he falls. I'd like to think that he'd get a light jail sentence due to the technicality of the Kurain technique. I'm not sure If I could consider him selfish. Everything a human does at the end of the day can be taken as selfish in the end- even a good turn. I think you need to look at him on the whole. His end decision was warped, but in the end, he wanted to finish the saga with Dahlia. Him blaming Phoenix was him not seeing that he was being irrational. It's a little hard to call an irrational person selfish when in their hearts, they believed they were in the right.
ImageImageImageImage

lame alert

Arkillian wrote:
Yeah- the end was a little fuzzy, eh? I mean, he was tragic, and di alot wrong, but you're right, he is an admirable person. He's my favourite character in the PW universe. He was VERY passionate, and dedicated. He became lost, and cold, but you just knew that deap down he meant the best ^^ I think his beauty comes in the attachment you make with him knowing how he falls. I'd like to think that he'd get a light jail sentence due to the technicality of the Kurain technique. I'm not sure If I could consider him selfish. Everything a human does at the end of the day can be taken as selfish in the end- even a good turn. I think you need to look at him on the whole. His end decision was warped, but in the end, he wanted to finish the saga with Dahlia. Him blaming Phoenix was him not seeing that he was being irrational. It's a little hard to call an irrational person selfish when in their hearts, they believed they were in the right.

i agree with all of it!! your the best- saved me some typing lol!
Image My fanfic fanart
Deviantart

The Law 'Shark'

...And that all sums up what makes me love Godot.

Yes, I shed man-tears at 3-4, and 3-5...I totally and utterly admit it!
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

Waiting on Godot...

Sebastian Stark wrote:
...And that all sums up what makes me love Godot.

Yes, I shed man-tears at 3-4, and 3-5...I totally and utterly admit it!

*cuddles* That's so sweet ^^
ImageImageImageImage

The Law 'Shark'

X3; Well...it was all wonderfully written - Game Totally deserves the love!
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

derp

I think that Godot was just misunderstanding Phoenix. At that part where he saw Mia like right beside Phoenix I think he was like "OMFG was that Mia?!?!?!?!" and that's when he felt kinda guilty and stuff and he didn't hate Phoenix anymoar. :godot:

Now that you've dug up this topic, I have to object to one of the statements above.
Andrew McPhee wrote:
Even if he managed to get away with it, once that knife with the blood was finally identified, Godot's "freedom" would be ruined before he could even finish a cup of coffee :doodle:.

But wait, this is a little dialogue from near the end of 3-5:
Spoiler: Blood analysis
Godot:
Let me ask you something,
Trite.

Godot:
Let's just say that it turned
out that I was the killer.

Phoenix:
...!

Godot:
Do you really think I would be
stupid enough to leave
evidence like that?

Phoenix:
What...?

Godot:
Just think for a second.

Godot:
This dagger was found this
morning by a detective and
brought to me.

Godot:
There was already a bloodstain
on it, correct?

Godot:
But even so...

Godot:
I was the one who brought this
dagger here to the courtroom.

Judge:
Y-Yes... What does that prove?

Godot:
Well, if I really were the
killer...

Godot:
...I could've washed the
blade off and then planted
another person's blood on it.

Do you think Godot was just bluffing when he said that? If so, then why DIDN'T he wash the blood off? You could say that he didn't want to put the blame on someone else, which is a good point, but he didn't really have to put another person's blood on the dagger.

FINE

Godot didn't deserved it!

Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!

Pixlking wrote:
Godot:
Trite.

Godot:

Phoenix:
...!

Godot:
stupid enough to leave
evidence like that?

Phoenix:
What...?

Godot:
Just think for a second.

Godot:
brought to me.

Godot:
on it, correct?

Godot:
But even so...

Godot:

Judge:

Godot:
killer...

Godot:
...I could've washed the

Do you think Godot was just bluffing when he said that? If so, then why DIDN'T he wash the blood off? You could say that he didn't want to put the blame on someone else, which is a good point, but he didn't really have to put another person's blood on the dagger.

I think that he was probably bluffing, but the bluff served to do one thing, that was probably to delete that possibility of there being his blood on the knife. Because if it turned out to be that it was actually someone else who was wounded, then the trial would have been doomed as the police tried to find the actual murderer, which may or may not be Godot.
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3

Aspiring to Inspire

What more is there to say? I share the same opinions.

That's what made T&T my favorite. Sure, it was tragic, but the plot was beautifully written. I was totally not expecting Godot to be the murderer. In fact, I only figured it out since I randomly presented his profile when I got stuck. As in, "Whoa!" And then everything suddenly became so clear.

I didn't really like him throughout the game; and upon reaching the end, he managed to take my deepest sympathies. His story made me nearly burst out in tears, especially when his wound started bleeding. But in the end, it makes you feel that it really should've ended the way it did. He finally realized the truth: his motives, his "hatred", his loss... his path to true healing. And that bit with Phoenix drinking coffee--it made it all feel better somehow.
.: Click on the pictures for links! :.

ImageImageImageImage

Perpetual Prosecutor

Pixlking wrote:
Godot:
Trite.

Godot:

Phoenix:
...!

Godot:
stupid enough to leave
evidence like that?

Phoenix:
What...?

Godot:
Just think for a second.

Godot:
brought to me.

Godot:
on it, correct?

Godot:
But even so...

Godot:

Judge:

Godot:
killer...

Godot:
...I could've washed the

He was definitely bluffing. He didn't wash it off because, by not doing so, he could say in court "I'm not that stupid, I wouldn't have left it if I was the killer."
If he did wash it off, his suspicions would stay as they were and not alter at all, so just leaving the blood was more effective.

Alas, I agree that he wanted to be executed but he still wanted to challenge Phoenix so he could see how good he was compared to Mia. That's why he objected.
Besides, if he didn't object, someone could have said: "Hey, the prosecution didn't object to the verdict! He only cares about winning, not finding the truth!"

There's an explanation for everything Godot does in the game. His story is flawless. :gregory:
Page 1 of 1 [ 31 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)