Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 1 of 3[ 82 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Robert Hammond Appreciation threadTopic%20Title

Waiting on Godot...

I may be alone here, but I would've liked to see more of Robert Hammond in the story rather than just a head shot of him cause he was dead. He looked to me to be one of the most Noir characters in the story second by Damon Gant and half the AJ cast, and I would've liked to have known more about him. What dark dealing he did before he died. Maybe stuff that happened when Diego was just starting in the firm or something?

Anyone else out there have thoughts and opinions of him out there?

Maybe you've seen some art of him somewhere that you'd like to share? I'd LOVE to see some fanart of him... Or even some official art :)
ImageImageImageImage
Re: Robert Hammond Appreciation threadTopic%20Title

I'd say

I feel the same way.
I always wondered how the law firm looked back when it was just Grossberg, Hammond and (young) Diego.
Excellent spin-off material. :p

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Agreed. As far as spin-off goes, Mia can do without, but if they ever want to delve in the AA past, this would be a direction I'd love to see them take. It is a shame you don't really get to delve to deep on Hammond's character and I'd personally of loved to have seen more of that.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

Could be interesting but then again Robert Hammond's story would be far darker.

Plus his name doesn't have the.....hmm pizazz that the standard protaganist defence attorney's have.
Though I'm not sure about his methods....

He may have god Yanni Yogi off on insanity to protect his own record.
Or it could've been a last ditch attempt to protect an innocent man.

Still sure an old Grossberg Law Offices with Hammond Diego, Grossberg and maybe young Mia could be in it.
In fact I'd love to play the court case DL-6, who apparently had an unknown prosecutor so there's plenty of potential there.

Sure DL-6 didn't exactly end well for Hammond but hey they could brighten up the ending by introducing Mia Fey as a new up and coming attorney, and when she asks him about the case and why he plead insanity he can teach her how, if your client is innocent you must do everything you can to protect them.

Cue feel good ending
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

GANTALITY!

I am all for delving into the scent of lemons here. The Grossberg Law Company has more than one skeleton in it's closet, can not say I ever really liked Grossberg myself but they were successful it is implied so what cases did they take, who did they come up against, would there be an younger Gant involved? Oh thoughts and possibilities. When did it all go a bit under the table or was it always that way?

Robert Hammond actually sounds like a real lawyer name haha, as does Grossberg, maybe it is just me though.
"So apparently P/I fan + Insecurity + airheadedness + strange kinks + bad grasp of reality + over eagerness = bad user........." D= /D\

Waiting on Godot...

It doesn't need to be a light fluffy story like Ace Attorney has been- I can see a crime noir storyline... maybe it needs to be in a different format, like a movie, and RP or something. Grossberg had alot of dark dealings from the look of things, and just the THOUGHT of them in a dusty old office with a younger Grossberg sitting there with a pipe, young Robert looking out the blinds over the city talking about the latest drug ring, impressionable Diego learning the ropes- maybe you play Diego as he learns the ropes from one of them, but the whole setting with them has SO much potential. I don't think I'd like to read about Grossberg (I am forever scorn by his hemorrhoids), but I could see a more Sherlock Holmes feeling story. Actually, it'd be nice for it to be 1940s or something, but It's awesome in my head.

Robert Hammond to me also looks very much more like how I'd expect a noir lawyer to look too. Straight out of The Godfather or something.

Pierre wrote:
Still sure an old Grossberg Law Offices with Hammond Diego, Grossberg and maybe young Mia could be in it.
In fact I'd love to play the court case DL-6, who apparently had an unknown prosecutor so there's plenty of potential there.

Sure DL-6 didn't exactly end well for Hammond but hey they could brighten up the ending by introducing Mia Fey as a new up and coming attorney, and when she asks him about the case and why he plead insanity he can teach her how, if your client is innocent you must do everything you can to protect them.

Cue feel good ending

This could be interesting, and canon too. It'd be great to see Gregory too. And Robert's mindset as he convince Yani of his plee. Oh man- alot of drama there ^^

I'd almost guaranty Gant would be involved. I bet they had dealings with the cops and with the underground. Grossberg wasn't known for playing clean.
ImageImageImageImage

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
This could be interesting, and canon too. It'd be great to see Gregory too. And Robert's mindset as he convince Yani of his plee. Oh man- alot of drama there ^^

Well yeah it'd be canon it was Hammond's big case finale after all. Still your right they'd need to tie in more characters besides Grossberg doesn't seem shady enough to me to get into the really dark stuff...

Still best bit for me would be picking apart Ghost Gregory Edgeworth's ghost's testimony as it said it didn't hold up in court meaning epic showdown for Hammond. Plus he'd get to interview ickle Edgey which would have fangirls dieing left right and center.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Waiting on Godot...

Oh- and seeing more of Misty :D That'd be pretty cool. And Bratworth- oh gods- the potential ^^
ImageImageImageImage

I'd say

D:

Don't neglect Grossberg, he's highly underrated.

Ceres wrote:
D:

Don't neglect Grossberg, he's highly underrated.

I actually love Grossberg. :bellboy:

I think this game would be great, but there'd be something depressing about it. Think about what happens to the four main characters, Mia and Robert get murdered, Diego goes into a coma for a few years, and ends up getting arrested for murder, and Grossburg gets blackmailed for years by a complete creep with purple hair. I'd love the game, but it'd be seriously depressing.
☆KrazyKaro and Romeo's Daughter☆
☆Godot_Blend_#107, Tap and Jaron's Sister☆

Waiting on Godot...

Most of that doesn't happen till Phoenix comes along. Before that, it's all sweet :) Everyone is alive doing dirty deeds. We just know what'll happen to them in years to come :(

Back on topic though- I wonder what he's like, Robert. He looks to me like the type of person that is pretentious and old school class. Maybe he has a hobby of collecting guns? Or classical theatre? Maybe him and Grossberg play a round of golf on Tuesdays after work... as they plot the underworld demise >:3
ImageImageImageImage

Show me your moves, Trite!

Hmmm... that would be a real good alternate plot view.
I mean, Hammond is a guy who had almost none screen time.
And his pleading... was one of the most under-handed tricks on AA universe.
This is a sig. Don't you believe me?

I always thought that the Grossberg Law Offices were bigger than just the attorneys we heard about? I kind of thought it was interesting, since Grossberg seemed like a mediocre lawyer, but the lawyers who worked for him were good, so he profited. Kind of made me think of Grossberg as having a sort of faux-sinister side - he's got everything set up for him and he's got good people on his side, but it just takes a poke to knock him over (not literally; it would probably take a bulldozer to knock him over). He seems like one of those guys who has a big book of business for no good reason besides good timing, so better people are unjustly stuck working for him :P

Um, but more on the topic of Hammond, he seemed to me to be a very stereotypical lawyer: do what you can to save your client, period, then don't look back. Sort of the thing that you have to do when you're a defense attorney, since your clients are very rarely actually innocent, but are required to have their time in a court of law.
Hm, Robert Hammond: Attorney for the Usually Guilty? Meh, not a great ring to it.

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
Um, but more on the topic of Hammond, he seemed to me to be a very stereotypical lawyer: do what you can to save your client, period, then don't look back. Sort of the thing that you have to do when you're a defense attorney, since your clients are very rarely actually innocent, but are required to have their time in a court of law.
Hm, Robert Hammond: Attorney for the Usually Guilty? Meh, not a great ring to it.

Thats one way of looking at it....on the flipside the only client we know he had WAS innocent and for all we know he did everything he could to protect that man, truly believing Yanni was innocent.

There's no real conclusions we can make.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

What the Devil is going on here?

.......Hammond Died yesterday...... :larry:

sorry to ruin the happy "We love Robert Hammond mood"
~

Waiting on Godot...

Pierre wrote:
Quote:

Thats one way of looking at it....on the flipside the only client we know he had WAS innocent and for all we know he did everything he could to protect that man, truly believing Yanni was innocent.

There's no real conclusions we can make.

Yeah- I think the real issue was that if he hadn't gone for insanity thoguh, the REAL murderer would've been caught then, Miles wouldn't become an anal perfectionist, Yani would've retired as a bailiff and been ok, and Phoenix would never have become a lawyer cause of his man crush for Miles (lol)

You know what I mean though, right? Yani was innocent, but Hammond went for the dirty and easy verdict and it screwed so many lives over. Kudos for drama, but not for justice.

Essa_L_M.E wrote:

It doesn't state what year he died... I'm sure it was on Christmas EVE thoguh...
ImageImageImageImage

What the Devil is going on here?

Arkillian wrote:

Essa_L_M.E wrote:

It doesn't state what year he died... I'm sure it was on Christmas EVE thoguh...

Ohh..Lol Happy Belated Christmas Anyways Everyone :edgy:
~

Perpetual Prosecutor

Great idea, this would be my long-dreamt AA game. Noir, depressing, mysterious: it'd be great.
It has a lot of characters in it too: Mia, Hammond, Grossberg, Diego (definitely the protagonist since he's a rookie at the time), the mysterious DL-6 prosecutor, Gregory, Manfred, Misty...
Maybe Bruto Cadaverini too. He's maybe the only criminal we already know that was alive at the time. He could be a defendant...

And I think the story should somehow include the various "events" that happened to the characters. Mia died, Hammond died, Grossberg got blackmailed, Diego got in coma, Gregory died, Manfred got executed, and Misty fled from her hometown and years later... died. :uramidn:

Maybe on the top-screen for the credits, some eerie, dark voice narrates these events with accompanying short flashbacks and some reminiscence theme.

GANTALITY!

More I read ideas about this the more I like it, no over the top chirp or bouncing sidekicks this time but full on grit, smoked filled bars, melancholic jazz and a tango of misdirection and deceit. At first I would not thought of these these things with Grossburger but it makes more and more sense.

I think this official art itself a little sinister.

Spoiler: ponder

Outside of the foreshadowing, this picture struck me as interesting. Hammond is there smoking it seems, perhaps mulling over a decision with Grossberg, Grossberg looks nervously outside and Diego inside, perhaps he knows of something which is about to happen or perhaps has suspicions. This could be just before Grossberg sold Mia out or some thing. It just screams a little 'underhanded' and that something is going on which is being very hush hush over. Ignore the oblivious happy Phoenix there.. Maybe they are talking to a client who is unseen and putting forward a plea choice haha.

"So apparently P/I fan + Insecurity + airheadedness + strange kinks + bad grasp of reality + over eagerness = bad user........." D= /D\

SerialVER-And Diego looks very protective of Mia there, more than he is in other pictures I've seen of them together, so your theory makes sense.

On a side note, Phoenix and Dahlia shouldn't really be in that pic, because they only began dating the day Diego went into his coma. :hobohodo:

Audere est facere.

I would also like to see more of Hammond (and Grossberg, because, as Ceres said, he's too underrated), and maybe the darker side of the game.

Yes, Phoenix and Dahlia only met when "that incident" happened anyway, but it's still nice to see them in the background, no matter how incorrect it is.
I've been away for far too long.
So long, in fact, that all of my signatures now exist behind a paywall.
Bummer.

Waiting on Godot...

He DOES look a bit like theres some sort of secret metting going on in there.It'd be interesting to see who was involved in there. Maybe there is some foreshadowing of something there. There's so many possibilities there... Hang on, Damon Gant's case... How long ago were the Cough up Queen and Marshal demoted?
ImageImageImageImage

I'd say

This reminds me of a certain piece of (fan) artwork from the site.
I always loved how dark it was compared to the rest of them.
http://www.court-records.net/arts/fan3.jpg

Also, here's a little pic that shows Diego as a rookie attorney, Hammond and Grossberg are there as well. :p
http://www.court-records.net/arts/08043 ... snap02.jpg

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Still find it weird that Grossberg was actually skinny at one time. Still makes you wonder though, how did he let himself go? Was it age or maybe some kind of event happened to him and he just started eating or something to drive away the pain. Heck, I've known way too many people who have gotten overweight because of the latter.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Waiting on Godot...

Ceres wrote:
Also, here's a little pic that shows Diego as a rookie attorney, Hammond and Grossberg are there as well. :p

Excuse me as I nose bleed from Diego in this...He's so f@#$ing HOT in this OMG YES.

Yeah- it's strange to see Grossberg younger, and to see them hanging out casually. I wonder if maybe the company was pretty close nit. I mean, Grossberg did have a sentimental side. He did care alot about those around him.

As a side note, I don't have ALOT of art with Robert Hammond in, but these pages in my comic 'Turnabout Attorney' has him in it

Spoiler:
He's on this page:-

and this one
Yup- that's Angel Starr, Robert Hammond, Luke Atmey, and Diego Armando there. For those of you that don't read my stuff, the skunk haired guy is my OC Zeth Gant

He's also in this sketch I made:-

Spoiler:
Excuse the aweful perspective in this. IT wasn't developed enough for me to correct the fact that they'd totally crash in this situation :beef:

I imagine him driving something like either a red or silver Diamante- it's such a rep's car XD

dullahan1 wrote:
Still find it weird that Grossberg was actually skinny at one time. Still makes you wonder though, how did he let himself go? Was it age or maybe some kind of event happened to him and he just started eating or something to drive away the pain. Heck, I've known way too many people who have gotten overweight because of the latter.

I reckon stress. Even with what we DO know of him, he lead a stressed life. Hemroids and all that *shudders* It DOES make you wonder how much extra went on behind the scenes though. Heheh... I had Grossberg team up with my OC to file an insurance claim on his old office so that he could get a large compensation. Good old insurance fraud ^^ I could see ALOT of underhanded dealings like that- that being a CLEAN one going on :3
ImageImageImageImage

Audere est facere.

Ceres wrote:

Aww, the three kids are so cute! I wonder why in the world they'd be seeing THEM there. So...Diego's OLD. Anyway, I wonder if anyone can actually make a sprite of him with that picture as a reference. By the way, I can't seem to access the first image.
I've been away for far too long.
So long, in fact, that all of my signatures now exist behind a paywall.
Bummer.

GANTALITY!

Ceres wrote:

I remember the first one, mostly for the huge foreheads. But yeah, that has the Grossberg we all want to see!

The second one is a little freaky, Grossberg looks a bit like Dr. Kabapu from Excel Saga and he was seriously corrupt. I am still freaked out more by Old Bag but yeah, Diego must became either a Trainee or Defense rather early, Edgeworth et al would been just before the DL6 case in 2001 so Diego would been 16 about. I always find it funny how Diego is older than Gumshoe, but some people just age better than others. But then again things being time line correct does not translate to art all the time it seems, in favor of foreshadowing.

I am sure Grossberg would known about Gant, they are about the same age so their careers must crossed, in what level did they interact I do not know, perhaps they even worked together to set up events in both their favors. I find it interesting how Grossberg caved into selling information and then was able to afford Blackmail without too much prestige seeming lost by his law firm. This all has me very interested now.

Gettin' Old!

Ceres wrote:

Mia's a little too slutty in the first picture for my tastes (you can see her nipples) but I like how Edgeworth came out.

And MY GOD is that Oldbag in the second picture right underneath falling Larry in the background? :beef:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Perpetual Prosecutor

Pierre wrote:
Ceres wrote:

Mia's a little too slutty in the first picture for my tastes (you can see her nipples) but I like how Edgeworth came out.

And MY GOD is that Oldbag in the second picture right underneath falling Larry in the background? :beef:

It sure is. :hobolaugh:

I decided I'm going to make a sig based on this whole thing, using the artworks you posted. This story is just way too interesting.

Don't you guys think Manfred would be there too? Maybe he could be the main prosecutor of the story. Or was he in Germany?

Waiting on Godot...

He was around at one point in the story cause he adopted Miles, right? So he must've been around when his father died. Ooooooh - Manfred is underhanded too. I wonder if there could be some dark plot involving him too. I mean... he did murder. What if this wasn't the first time? Man... AA has SO many dark undertones. Did they ever meantion the reason for him adopting Miles? Maybe Gegory was friends with him like Kristop is friends with Phoenix. Oh many. That sh@# is serious :adrian:
ImageImageImageImage

GANTALITY!

Arkillian wrote:
He was around at one point in the story cause he adopted Miles, right? So he must've been around when his father died. Ooooooh - Manfred is underhanded too. I wonder if there could be some dark plot involving him too. I mean... he did murder. What if this wasn't the first time? Man... AA has SO many dark undertones. Did they ever meantion the reason for him adopting Miles? Maybe Gegory was friends with him like Kristop is friends with Phoenix. Oh many. That sh@# is serious :adrian:

I think his 'reason' was more just simple revenge, to twist Edgeworth into his own image more than his fathers with the goal of in the end having him take the fall for his own fathers murder.

Perpetual Prosecutor

SerialVER wrote:
Arkillian wrote:

I think his 'reason' was more just simple revenge, to twist Edgeworth into his own image more than his fathers with the goal of in the end having him take the fall for his own fathers murder.

I don't think Manfred's intention was to make Miles blame himself for the murder. I think Yogi falls into that category.

Anyway I think someone should make a fangame about this part of AA. It has a lot of potential. Capcom isn't a company that delves into it's previous games' stories, since every game so far can easily be played without playing the previous ones, so yeah. :sadshoe:

Waiting on Godot...

This may be arrangable. What would you want to do in this game?
ImageImageImageImage

Perpetual Prosecutor

The protagonist could be Diego, possibly on his first case. We already know he was mentored by Grossberg.

The prosecutor could be either Manfred or the mysterious DL-6 prosecutor. Wait, what about Neil Marshall? He was alive at the time, so he could be a possible opponent.
Am I right?

Gettin' Old!

The game would be a chronicle of past cases, I see no reason for it to be bound by a specific protaganist.

Case 1 with Diego as a trainee against....a very very young Payne?

Case 2 ....I think Hammond would work maybe something involving Misty Fey so as to tie into the finale, mysterious DL-6 prosecuting.

Case 3 Maybe for fanservice Grossberg insert obligatory filler murder case here.

Case 4: Gregory Edgeworth in....The Perfect Turnabout. Starring Mannfred von Karma as the Prosecuting attorney. The classic trial where Gregory smashed Karma's perfect Record.

Case 5: Hammond VS Mysterious DL-6 prosecutor in DL-6. Interrogating Gregory's ghost until he realises the truth, Karma is to blame but how can he prove it? And if he can't....what options are left?

Also I'd advise against using Karma in many trials, since Gregory's one was the only one anyone managed to scratch his record every other trial would be a cakewalk for him.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Perpetual Prosecutor

Pierre wrote:
The game would be a chronicle of past cases, I see no reason for it to be bound by a specific protaganist.

Case 1 with Diego as a trainee against....a very very young Payne?

Case 2 ....I think Hammond would work maybe something involving Misty Fey so as to tie into the finale, mysterious DL-6 prosecuting.

Case 3 Maybe for fanservice Grossberg insert obligatory filler murder case here.

Case 4: Gregory Edgeworth in....The Perfect Turnabout. Starring Mannfred von Karma as the Prosecuting attorney. The classic trial where Gregory smashed Karma's perfect Record.

Case 5: Hammond VS Mysterious DL-6 prosecutor in DL-6. Interrogating Gregory's ghost until he realises the truth, Karma is to blame but how can he prove it? And if he can't....what options are left?

Also I'd advise against using Karma in many trials, since Gregory's one was the only one anyone managed to scratch his record every other trial would be a cakewalk for him.

I don't think changing characters so often works well in a story. I think it should have Diego as the main character, and Gregory as a secondary character in the case of him getting Karma penalized. Grossberg and Hammond can be aides in the filler cases. My scheme would be:

Case 1 - Diego against Payne, but both on their first case. Diego is mentored by Grossberg here.

Case 2 - Filler case. maybe something with Neil Marshall. Hammond as an aide.

Case 3 - Gregory against Karma in "that case"

Case 4 - After the DL-6 case with Hammond, Diego takes on a new case, strongly involving the mysterious DL-6 prosecutor, either as the opponent, or as the defendant, or even as the culprit himself. We could meet a few familiar faces, such as Gant, Bruto Cadaverini, Lana Skye... Mia could be Diego's aide, since she is still learning to become a lawyer.

I believe that actually playing as Hammond in DL-6 would be boring, because the player already knows how it's gonna end.

Gettin' Old!

Yet you include Gregory Edgeworth's case, we all know how that ends.
Case 3-4 was one of the best cases out there I think yet we'd already seen
Spoiler: Case 3-1
Dahlia get convicted in 3-1 so we knew it couldn't end with her guilty verdict.

Cases where we know the end aren't necessarily bad and as I've already said when it's a compilation of previous cases from the past I don't think much character development is necessary for Diego, but Hammond and Gregory and possibly nameless prosecutor have plenty of potential.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Yet you include Gregory Edgeworth's case, we all know how that ends.
Case 3-4 was one of the best cases out there I think yet we'd already seen
Spoiler: Case 3-1
Dahlia get convicted in 3-1 so we knew it couldn't end with her guilty verdict.

Cases where we know the end aren't necessarily bad and as I've already said when it's a compilation of previous cases from the past I don't think much character development is necessary for Diego, but Hammond and Gregory and possibly nameless prosecutor have plenty of potential.

We don't know what the Edgeworth case is about, though. We know the aftermath, but we don't know anything about the case itself. DL-6, on the other hand, would just leave the player waiting around to make the one argument that everyone knows Hammond makes. We also already know the whole crime set-up and many subsidiary parts beyond just the verdict. Not to mention that we know who is (or isn't) a witness - Miles, Yanni, and Gregory's ghost (who wouldn't be allowed into court). That's a short end case.

My two cents on protagonist choice: I don't think Diego would be very interesting, but then again, I'm no superfan of his. I just can't see his internal thoughts contributing much to the character. He's a character who is probably more interesting when the player thinks "why did you just do that?!" His whole characterization is founded on mystery, and I don't think he'd be as appealing once the mystery is peeled away. /completely subjective opinion.

Yeah, I agree about Diego, Lynx, and that's coming from a big fan of his. :maya: I think Hammond would be a good protagonist, since we know pretty much nothing about him, so there's a lot of potential there. But I do think a younger Diego as an assistant would be completely adorable. :bellboy:

I don't think Manfred should appear in the game either, but that's just because you'd have to lose any trial against him. Unless there's some sort of epic background to why you have to lose the trial, I don't think he should be the prosecutor. And it's the same with Payne, am I right? I think you'd need a brand new prosecutor, but that's just me. :yogi:

Perpetual Prosecutor

The fact about Hammond is that he is described as one of those lawyers that only care about winning, like the Karmas. The protagonist should usually always be someone seeking justice.
Gregory, on the other hand is perfect for the main character role, but then there's another problem. He's very old, and there aren't many characters we know connected to him.

That is why I suggested that there be two main characters: Diego, and Gregory. Diego would have the first "tutorial" case, mentored by Grossberg, while in the second case, the two could cooperate somehow. Then the third case would be the trial with Gregory alone against Manfred, where he gets Manfred penalized, even though he loses the trial.
Notice how we've used the two characters equally until now. The fourth case would take place after Gregory gets killed, and would have Diego as the attorney.
Page 1 of 3 [ 82 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)