Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 1 of 2[ 67 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 


What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Winter Flag Trademark

Gender: None specified

Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am

Posts: 2216

Hey, my dear AA-Fans! I have opened this thread to discuss about what pairing(s) do you liked and/or hated on PW, JFA or T&T. Since everyone's talking about their favorite, least favorite characters, then I thought "Why don't open a thread where the fans can discuss about what pairings do they liked or hated?". So, I did. Please don't hate!

You can also talk about Yaoi Pairings or Yuri Pairings you liked. Just tell us what sort of pairings did you liked or hated on those games.
Image


This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.


Last edited by Mayu Igiyooki on Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The execution is ready, Your Honor.

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:32 am

Posts: 95

Ace Pointer wrote:
Hey, my dear AA-Fans! I have opened this thread to discuss about what pairing(s) do you liked and/or hated on PW, JFA or T&T. Since everyone's talking about their favorite, least favorite characters, then I thought "Why don't open a thread where the fans can discuss about what pairings do they liked or hated?". So, I did. Please don't hate!

You can also talk about Yaoi Pairings or Yuri Pairings you liked. Just tell us what sort of pairings did you liked on those games.


:object: OBJECTION!

There is a contradiction in this statement. You asked us to discuss pairings we liked or hated, but then turned about and told us not to hate! That's confusing, pal. :sadshoe:
The execution rests, Your Honor.
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mr. Sir Henry Motherfucker

Gender: Male

Location: Ontario, Canada

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 12:44 pm

Posts: 3035

i don't really "ship" anyone, but i don't mind franziska/adrian, mia/godot(diego), and mia/lana

oh, and i guess gumshoe/maggey. the rest i don't really care about
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

I've vanished, like a ghooooost...

Gender: Female

Location: Unfortunately, in school...

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:01 am

Posts: 583

AceAssistant wrote:
:object: OBJECTION!

There is a contradiction in this statement. You asked us to discuss pairings we liked or hated, but then turned about and told us not to hate! That's confusing, pal. :sadshoe:

I'm pretty sure that means to not hate on other people's preferences, beliefs, and opinion on who should be shipped with who. But I can see how you could confuse that.

Anyway, I like the idea of you opening this topic on Valentine's Day. Love is in the air, so talking about ships is a clever idea. I actually don't ship that many people except the ones that make sense - like Mia/Diego, Mia/Godot, Tigre/Viola, and my favorite... Gumshoe/Maggey! Other than that, I'm not a big shipper.

As for ships I hate? Believe it or not, there are people who shipped Larry and Pearls. That's just wrong in my book. Oh, and I don't really care for Phoenix/Iris ships either.

:gymshoe: x :maggey: FTW
I AM IN SCHOOL, SO IF I END UP NEVER POSTING HERE AGAIN THAT'S WHY :larry:
For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Winter Flag Trademark

Gender: None specified

Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am

Posts: 2216

AceAssistant wrote:
:object: OBJECTION!

There is a contradiction in this statement. You asked us to discuss pairings we liked or hated, but then turned about and told us not to hate! That's confusing, pal. :sadshoe:


Sorry, Pal. I just like confusing people. :-P Besides, it was Valentine's day, wasn't it? In this day, no-one says about hate. Everyone says about "Love". No "Hate". So, I told them to discuss which pairings do they like in the end... Since Valentines' Day is gone, Now I fix the opening statement!

I like :phoenix: / :maya: Pairing. :phoenix: / :iris: is also my favorite.
Fradrian ( :franny: / :adrian: ), Edgenix ( :edgeworth: / :phoenix: ), Klavitrucy ( :klavier: / :trucy: ). These are my most favorites.

In any case, this thread is meant to share which Pairings do the fans like and hate on AA. By the way, I really hated Pearl's Attitude for forcing Poor Nicky to love Maya. I wonder if there's :pearl: and :viola: 's special someones on AA. LOL. :no-no: :pearl-blush:

There's about 15 or more Pairings I like... So I can't mention ALL of them. :-P
Image


This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.


Last edited by Mayu Igiyooki on Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Winter Flag Trademark

Gender: None specified

Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am

Posts: 2216

TheBlackquillz wrote:
Anyway, I like the idea of you opening this topic on Valentine's Day. Love is in the air, so talking about ships is a clever idea. I actually don't ship that many people except the ones that make sense - like Mia/Diego, Mia/Godot, Tigre/Viola, and my favorite... Gumshoe/Maggey! Other than that, I'm not a big shipper.


Thank you very much! I appreciate it! :pearly:

By the way, I also like Gumshoe/Maggey Pairing too. There's just so many pairings (about 15 of them) I like, so I can't tell all of them. :-P
Image


This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The execution is ready, Your Honor.

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:32 am

Posts: 95

Oh? Well, in that case, the main non-canon shipping I like best is :phoenix: / :maya: (Nothing new, I know.) As for shippings I dislike, I'm going to have to say any sort of completely random crack-pairing tends to have me feeling slightly annoyed.
The execution rests, Your Honor.
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9655

I ship :phoenix: x :edgeworth: and that's about it. Well maybe I ship :eh?: x :edgeworth: one-sidedly on Gumshoe's side, but aside from that, I don't ship anyone in the AA games.

C-A
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gardevoir lover

Gender: Male

Location: Puerto rico

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:20 am

Posts: 2022

I'm not sure if i ship this or not but i do think that Maggey and Gumshoe go well together.
Image

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The execution is ready, Your Honor.

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:32 am

Posts: 95

CatMuto wrote:
I ship :phoenix: x :edgeworth: and that's about it. Well maybe I ship :eh?: x :edgeworth: one-sidedly on Gumshoe's side, but aside from that, I don't ship anyone in the AA games.

C-A


I'm not really criticizing, but seeing how I have five sisters and attended an all-guys high school, I believe I have some merit to be asking this question... I'm really curious.

Do you girls get what a "bromance" is? It's what hose two pairs you just mentioned have. I tend to see shipping like this take place between bros on the internet, usually promoted by women. If your answer is "no", then I have too much to explain. However, all you need to know is that bromances are straight in every sense of the term. Innuendos are often thrown into the mix, but it's not gay, which is why I personally ship them as bros. (Still, you are entitled to your opinion! I'm just voicing my curiosity.) :godot:
The execution rests, Your Honor.
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Super dazzle-frazzle

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 6555

AceAssistant wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
I ship :phoenix: x :edgeworth: and that's about it. Well maybe I ship :eh?: x :edgeworth: one-sidedly on Gumshoe's side, but aside from that, I don't ship anyone in the AA games.

C-A


I'm not really criticizing, but seeing how I have five sisters and attended an all-guys high school, I believe I have some merit to be asking this question... I'm really curious.

Do you girls get what a "bromance" is? It's what hose two pairs you just mentioned have. I tend to see shipping like this take place between bros on the internet, usually promoted by women. If your answer is "no", then I have too much to explain. However, all you need to know is that bromances are straight in every sense of the term. Innuendos are often thrown into the mix, but it's not gay, which is why I personally ship them as bros. (Still, you are entitled to your opinion! I'm just voicing my curiosity.) :godot:


Then the very same question could be asked about you shipping Phoenix and Maya: do you get what a "friendship" is?

Personally I don't ship, but I do interpret Gumshoe as having a crush on Edgeworth and Apollo as being attracted to Klavi, and that maybe Maya has a slight crush on Phoenix as well. My least favourite pairings are probably those that I can see nothing whatsoever hinting at them in the game, the kind of pairings that are obviously shipped just because someone think they'd be cute/hot together.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9655

Quote:
Do you girls get what a "bromance" is?


Yes I know what that is. And yes, I HATE that term. What, guys can't say that two dudes just trust each other a whole ton without calling it a BROmance cause, god forbid, you somehow use a word that is not deemed masculine. :ron:

Look, I've said this before: I see every guy in AA as gay because it's fun for me. It's the only way I can even GET any fun out of the AA games. I don't care if it's official or fanon, I will still say Edgey and Phoenix have a thing for each other. And frankly, I feel like 1-4 admitted that Phoenix has kinda stalker-ish tendencies towards him. Constantly sending letters and even going through law school JUST TO SEE EDGEY AGAIN.

Quote:
Then the very same question could be asked about you shipping Phoenix and Maya: do you get what a "friendship" is?


Second this. I feel Maya and Phoenix have a relationship built on trust. Not romance.

C-A
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Winter Flag Trademark

Gender: None specified

Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am

Posts: 2216

Quote:
I will still say Edgey and Phoenix have a thing for each other. And frankly, I feel like 1-4 admitted that Phoenix has kinda stalker-ish tendencies towards him. Constantly sending letters and even going through law school JUST TO SEE EDGEY AGAIN.


Well, there are a few people whom are missing their friends so much, that they start sending letters to their friends. Especially if they're best friends or classhood friends. And also, I couldn't help but feel something awkward with you said earlier...

Quote:
I see every guy in AA as gay because it's fun for me.


So you're basically saying that everyone in AA is Gay. But you got it super-wrong, unfortunately. Listen! If you're basically saying that everyone in AA is Gay, then what about Larry? Diego? Manfred? Apollo? Wocky?, etc. Or are you saying that Every Single Male Characters on AA are Gay? Come on. It's not like that every single Male People on Earth is a Gay.
Image


This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mr. Sir Henry Motherfucker

Gender: Male

Location: Ontario, Canada

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 12:44 pm

Posts: 3035

CatMuto wrote:
It's the only way I can even GET any fun out of the AA games.

takumi is crying right now
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9655

Quote:
Well, there are a few people whom are missing their friends so much, that they start sending letters to their friends.


WHO are missing their friends so much. :ron:

Quote:
So you're basically saying that everyone in AA is Gay. But you got it super-wrong, unfortunately. Listen! If you're basically saying that everyone in AA is Gay, then what about Larry? Diego? Manfred? Apollo? Wocky?, etc. Or are you saying that Every Single Male Characters on AA are Gay? Come on. It's not like that every single Male People on Earth is a Gay.


Yup. Everyone's gay in the AA-verse. Those who have these "girlfriends" (especially Larry?) don't love them. They're all beards. ESPECIALLY Larry and his many many "girlfriends". And Manfred is a self-hating homophobic man who only had children to prove to the world he is not gay. (But totally likes Edgey)

Quote:
takumi is crying right now


Then Takumi shouldn't have written every case with at least one huge flaw in it that would've allowed me to end the case then and there. (Particular mention goes to 1-3, 2-1 and 1-5, off the top of my head)

C-A
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1504

I don't ship anymore. Specifically, I don't romantically ship. If I have to ship to get something out of a romantic relationship between two fictional characters, then that relationship probably wasn't portrayed well, or there was never any intention of a romantic relationship to begin with.

If platonic pairings count, then Phoenix/Maya and Edgeworth/Gumshoe.

CatMuto wrote:
It's the only way I can even GET any fun out of the AA games.

So basically your initial reason to join this forum was to project your yaoi fantasies onto the rest of us.
Image
(avatar image source)
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mr. Sir Henry Motherfucker

Gender: Male

Location: Ontario, Canada

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 12:44 pm

Posts: 3035

i doubt she cares whether or not anybody else thinks they're gay.

i think it's sad that there are people who played the whole series and didn't enjoy the games at all, though
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9655

Rov wrote:
i doubt she cares whether or not anybody else thinks they're gay.

i think it's sad that there are people who played the whole series and didn't enjoy the games at all, though


Quote:
So basically your initial reason to join this forum was to project your yaoi fantasies onto the rest of us.


Actually when I initially joined I didn't fully hate AA. I thought it had a lot of problems, it's just the more I think about it, the more flaws there are and the dumber the games appear.

Also, I don't care if anyone else thinks anyone in AA is gay. This is MY personal way to get some fun out of a game.

C-A
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The execution is ready, Your Honor.

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:32 am

Posts: 95

Fist of Justice wrote:
AceAssistant wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
I ship :phoenix: x :edgeworth: and that's about it. Well maybe I ship :eh?: x :edgeworth: one-sidedly on Gumshoe's side, but aside from that, I don't ship anyone in the AA games.

C-A


I'm not really criticizing, but seeing how I have five sisters and attended an all-guys high school, I believe I have some merit to be asking this question... I'm really curious.

Do you girls get what a "bromance" is? It's what hose two pairs you just mentioned have. I tend to see shipping like this take place between bros on the internet, usually promoted by women. If your answer is "no", then I have too much to explain. However, all you need to know is that bromances are straight in every sense of the term. Innuendos are often thrown into the mix, but it's not gay, which is why I personally ship them as bros. (Still, you are entitled to your opinion! I'm just voicing my curiosity.) :godot:


Then the very same question could be asked about you shipping Phoenix and Maya: do you get what a "friendship" is?

Personally I don't ship, but I do interpret Gumshoe as having a crush on Edgeworth and Apollo as being attracted to Klavi, and that maybe Maya has a slight crush on Phoenix as well. My least favourite pairings are probably those that I can see nothing whatsoever hinting at them in the game, the kind of pairings that are obviously shipped just because someone think they'd be cute/hot together.


You have a good point, compadre. I guess it all comes down to how you interpret the relationship. It's entirely subjective. Stay golden.
The execution rests, Your Honor.
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The execution is ready, Your Honor.

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:32 am

Posts: 95

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
Do you girls get what a "bromance" is?


Yes I know what that is. And yes, I HATE that term. What, guys can't say that two dudes just trust each other a whole ton without calling it a BROmance cause, god forbid, you somehow use a word that is not deemed masculine. :ron:


So you're saying that you hate it that guys want to be masculine? You're not one of those gender-neutal advocists are you? Ever since the days of hunter-gathering, the sacred bond of brohood was established by the bro code. I can't let you disrespect the sacred law of the male subspecies, amigo. :godot:
The execution rests, Your Honor.
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The execution is ready, Your Honor.

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:32 am

Posts: 95

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
Do you girls get what a "bromance" is?


Yes I know what that is. And yes, I HATE that term. What, guys can't say that two dudes just trust each other a whole ton without calling it a BROmance cause, god forbid, you somehow use a word that is not deemed masculine. :ron:

Look, I've said this before: I see every guy in AA as gay because it's fun for me. It's the only way I can even GET any fun out of the AA games. I don't care if it's official or fanon, I will still say Edgey and Phoenix have a thing for each other. And frankly, I feel like 1-4 admitted that Phoenix has kinda stalker-ish tendencies towards him. Constantly sending letters and even going through law school JUST TO SEE EDGEY AGAIN.

Quote:
Then the very same question could be asked about you shipping Phoenix and Maya: do you get what a "friendship" is?


Second this. I feel Maya and Phoenix have a relationship built on trust. Not romance.

C-A


I think Phoenix's relationship is a special one, in that it is pure. They don't need to be constantly making out for me to believe they love each other. Besides, the best romantic relationships are indeed based on trust and dedication if you ask me, even more than blatant displays of affection, despite the dact that the two flirt with each other A LOT. Nevertheless, your point is valid and is acknowledged.
The execution rests, Your Honor.
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9655

Quote:
despite the dact that the two flirt with each other A LOT


I recall nothing between Maya and Phoenix that can be called flirting. Teasing remarks, certainly, but that's not what I'd put under the category of flirting. (For me, flirting means you mean it and not tease about it)

C-A
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The execution is ready, Your Honor.

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:32 am

Posts: 95

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
despite the dact that the two flirt with each other A LOT


I recall nothing between Maya and Phoenix that can be called flirting. Teasing remarks, certainly, but that's not what I'd put under the category of flirting. (For me, flirting means you mean it and not tease about it)

C-A


I suppose that you're saying that the difference between flirting and teasing is intent, but I'll give an example.

Maya is dressed in waitress clothes, and Phoenix comments, "You should quit being a spirit medium."

Oh, and has anyone seen "When Harry Met Sally?" People think guys can be friends with girls when most of the time, the guy becomes infatuated. This is where friendzoning usually comes into play, but I get the feeling that Maya wouldn't be the one friendzone. However, with a comment like that, I suspect Phoenix wouldn't either.
The execution rests, Your Honor.


Last edited by AceAssistant on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9655

Quote:
Maya is dressed in waitress clothes, and Phoenix comments, "You should quit being a spirit medium."


...that's not flirting. :eh?: At least, once again, doesn't come across as flirting to me. Feels more like someone is saying it in the same type of voice you'd say "Don't quit your dayjob" in.

Quote:
Oh, and has anyone seen "When Harry Met Sally?" Girls think guys can be friends with them, when most of the time, the guy becomes infatuated. This is where friendzoning usually comes into play,


I hate the term friendzone. Especially if it's someone who says the friendzone doesn't exist or that they should be owed something because they decide to "submit" to the friendzone. This stupid idea that you are sacrificing yourself and are OWED something when, frankly, you're the one who put yourself into the repeated area of the friendzone.

Okay, if the one they like is the one that says "Let's just be friends", we can say that they started the friendzone. But the other then should back off if they really have no intention or ability to tolerate friendship. If they want more, you stay away from them. Don't force yourself into the situation of being friendzoned with lots of contact and then complain cause you still haven't proceeded.

Quote:
I think Phoenix's relationship is a special one, in that it is pure.


I have a question. Why couldn't a relationship built on trust be not-romantic? It's likely that's what Maya and Phoenix have. They trust each other, as very good friends do, yet there is no romance between them. (Plus, on a more hilarious side, it'd be weird if Phoenix and Maya got together and then she frequently channels her sister... that'd be awkward)

C-A
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The execution is ready, Your Honor.

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:32 am

Posts: 95

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
Maya is dressed in waitress clothes, and Phoenix comments, "You should quit being a spirit medium."


...that's not flirting. :eh?: At least, once again, doesn't come across as flirting to me. Feels more like someone is saying it in the same type of voice you'd say "Don't quit your dayjob" in.

Quote:
Oh, and has anyone seen "When Harry Met Sally?" Girls think guys can be friends with them, when most of the time, the guy becomes infatuated. This is where friendzoning usually comes into play,


I hate the term friendzone. Especially if it's someone who says the friendzone doesn't exist or that they should be owed something because they decide to "submit" to the friendzone. This stupid idea that you are sacrificing yourself and are OWED something when, frankly, you're the one who put yourself into the repeated area of the friendzone.

Like I said, it's all subjective! That's what makes the games so great. The gamer has the ability to interpret for themselves. Thanks for the respectful responses, though! Much appreciated. :phoenix:

Okay, if the one they like is the one that says "Let's just be friends", we can say that they started the friendzone. But the other then should back off if they really have no intention or ability to tolerate friendship. If they want more, you stay away from them. Don't force yourself into the situation of being friendzoned with lots of contact and then complain cause you still haven't proceeded.

Quote:
I think Phoenix's relationship is a special one, in that it is pure.


I have a question. Why couldn't a relationship built on trust be not-romantic? It's likely that's what Maya and Phoenix have. They trust each other, as very good friends do, yet there is no romance between them. (Plus, on a more hilarious side, it'd be weird if Phoenix and Maya got together and then she frequently channels her sister... that'd be awkward)

C-A

The execution rests, Your Honor.
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

[Whip the cream!]

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am

Posts: 6685

I find the thought of Adrian and Franziska extremely endearing.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!


Last edited by WaitingforGodot on Wed May 06, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Key-girl

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:31 pm

Posts: 11

When I started playing AA I was way too young to be into any particular pairing and only thought that Maya/Phoenix and Mia/Godot were rather cute

Now that I'm older I started to like Hobopollo :hobohodo: :apollo:

Im not into slash shipping when it comes to AA but somehow the thought of them two as a couple is kinda cute :)

But the fanbase is really really small :)
I'm from Germany and I'd be glad if you could ignore the misatkes I create
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Kirby and AA fan

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Posts: 1032

CatMuto, I have to ask... Is there even anything you don't consider dumb or flawed? Because right now you come off to me as an "Everyone/Everything besides me is an idiot" kind of person.
Or if not that, you seem like the kind of person who thinks one mistake is a testament to their stupidity and you won't let up on someone's shortcomings.

As for pairings... I can like both Phoenix/Maya and Phoenix/Iris, but I prefer the latter for two reasons.
Gumshoe/Maggey is nice too, but for some reason, I can't really see them hitting it off much.
Image
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9655

Nurio wrote:
CatMuto, I have to ask... Is there even anything you don't consider dumb or flawed?


Depends on exactly how dumb something appears to me.

C-A
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Kirby and AA fan

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Posts: 1032

I don't see completely how that answers my question, but I also feel like you're not going to give any more clarity than that...

Anyway! The reason I prefer Phoenix/Iris over Phoenix/Maya is because to me, it's more canon. Phoenix and Iris have explicitly been romantic with each other and there are more direct hints towards their romance at the end of 3-5, whereas Phoenix and Maya have never been explicitly romantic.
Secondly... Iris, while she has her flaws, still seems like the typical sweet perfect girlfriend to me... and for some reason, I feel like Phoenix deserves someone like that. That might sound a bit strange, but I am not sure how else I can explain this.
Image
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The law is full of contradictions.

Gender: Female

Location: LAokio

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:43 am

Posts: 294

OK! I have 3 kinds of ships. Family, Friendship/Camaraderie, and of course Love

Let's start with who I ship as Family. (No romance involved)
:franny: X :edgeworth:
:maya: X :mia:
:phoenix: X :edgeworth: X :larry:
:phoenix: X :pearl: X :trucy: X :apollo: X :athena:

Now remember I see all of the above as family. The Wright Anything agency is like a close nit family full of support and love.

Friendship/Camaraderie
:phoenix: X :edgey:
:edgeworth: X :maya:
:klavier: X :apollo:
:eh?: X :edgeworth:
:athena: X :simon:
:athena: X :apollo:
:athena: X :junie:
:udgey: X :damon: (I kinda want to see how those two would hang out in the old days.)
:trucy: X :pearl:

Ok now for the Love ships. All of the above are non romantic ships but below are who I can honestly see being together.
:phoenix: X :maya:
:eh?: X :maggey:
:apollo: X :junie:
:klavier: X :ema:

Behold! The love ships!
Image "Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Super dazzle-frazzle

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 6555

I'm just gonna go ahead and say my subconsciousness' favourite duo: Ron and Godot. Not as a romantic couple though, but as lovers (and friends). Not only because of my dreams, but also looking at their interactions in the game and how they talk about each other, such as Ron's life-long fascination with "mysterious, masked men", "Kitten", "Stop it Mr. Godot, you're embarrassing me :3", "Hello there... Mr. Thief"... etc. :haykitten: :ron:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

[Whip the cream!]

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am

Posts: 6685

I love their interactions!
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gardevoir lover

Gender: Male

Location: Puerto rico

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:20 am

Posts: 2022

Ucha Nekome wrote:
Ok now for the Love ships. All of the above are non romantic ships but below are who I can honestly see being together.
:phoenix: X :maya:
:eh?: X :maggey:
:apollo: X :junie:
:klavier: X :ema:

Behold! The love ships!

I agree with this entirely.
Image

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

[Whip the cream!]

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am

Posts: 6685

Godot + Godot. Alright, that's not a pair, just one dude. But still. Godot + Godot.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Winter Flag Trademark

Gender: None specified

Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am

Posts: 2216

Quote:
:phoenix: X :maya:
:eh?: X :maggey:
:apollo: X :junie:

Toootally Agreed with all three. The only problem is that I can't support Klema Pairing.
Image


This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

meowza

Gender: None specified

Location: Great White North

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 2:31 pm

Posts: 17

don't like the term "bromance" because it's just another way to say "friendship" with an implied "no homo" as if there's anything wrong with being gay (pro tip: there isn't)
don't like the term "friendzone" because it's just another way to say "we're friends, but I feel I'm entitled to a romantic relationship for no real reason"
don't like m/m or f/f ships being referred to as "yaoi" and "yuri" because of the pornographic connotations when they're just relationships, equally as valid as a relationship as any hetero ship

anyway

OTP: Phoenix/Maya
Others I like: Gumshoe/Maggey, Gumshoe/Edgeworth (!!!), and I'm alright with Phoenix/Edgeworth
Dislike: Phoenix/Iris. It's a completely reasonable ship but I just don't dig it for whatever reason.

I don't ship a lot of Ace Attorney stuff but there ya go

edit: oh man I completely forgot Mia/Godot which is A+++
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Super dazzle-frazzle

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 6555

Sissel wrote:
don't like the term "bromance" because it's just another way to say "friendship" with an implied "no homo" as if there's anything wrong with being gay (pro tip: there isn't)
don't like the term "friendzone" because it's just another way to say "we're friends, but I feel I'm entitled to a romantic relationship for no real reason"
don't like m/m or f/f ships being referred to as "yaoi" and "yuri" because of the pornographic connotations when they're just relationships, equally as valid as a relationship as any hetero ship


Preach. :gant-clap:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Kirby and AA fan

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Posts: 1032

Sissel wrote:
don't like the term "bromance" because it's just another way to say "friendship" with an implied "no homo" as if there's anything wrong with being gay (pro tip: there isn't)
don't like the term "friendzone" because it's just another way to say "we're friends, but I feel I'm entitled to a romantic relationship for no real reason"
don't like m/m or f/f ships being referred to as "yaoi" and "yuri" because of the pornographic connotations when they're just relationships, equally as valid as a relationship as any hetero ship

What spurred this soapbox moment?
Image
Re: What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Pairings?Topic%20Title
User avatar

meowza

Gender: None specified

Location: Great White North

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 2:31 pm

Posts: 17

Nurio wrote:
What spurred this soapbox moment?


The fact that all three of those concepts had appeared in the thread, and are all somehow relevant to the idea of "relationships"...?
Page 1 of 2 [ 67 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO