Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 1 of 1[ 5 posts ]

3-2 is boring as hell (spoilers)Topic%20Title

No offense to anyone who likes it, I understand that people see Ron as a likeable character and all, and yeah, he is cute. But the circumstances surrounding this case are boring as fuck.

First off, most AA cases start with a "mysterious" factor that makes you thrilled during the very first part of the investigation. In 2-4, we have Maya being kidnapped by someone we don't know... in 1-4, we have Edgeworth being accused of murder, somebody we definitely didn't expect to be Phoenix's client. In 2-2, the case starts as very ambiguous as to whether Maya had actually channeled a spirit, or if the murderer was a completely different person.

3-2 starts off... boring. It is about a stolen urn. No murder, no complex mystery, no nothing. Luke Atmey is a prick from the very start, and he doesn't even try to hide his "true personality". He is just the exaggerated caricature of a narcissist.

You learn of an actual murder only in the middle of the case, after you "prove" that Ron isn't Mask DeMasque... but there is nothing particularly exciting about it. The victim is a money hungry prick, too, and there are no sob stories surrounding the whole thing, no likeable villain, no likeable victim... just a bad guy, blackmailing another bad guy, who was blackmailing the good guy. Compare it to 2-2, for example, where the two villains (Morgan and Mimi) have powerful emotionally-driven motives to commit their crimes... and 3-2 is just this simplistic filler case.
Re: 3-2 is boring as hell (spoilers)Topic%20Title

Prosecutor

I actually really like simplistic cases. 1-3 and 6-4 are in my top fifteen. My main beef with this case however is that it was really hard to follow and was way too hard for a second case. The characters were alright though
Hi, I'm Socot. After waking up from a poison-induced coma which I was in for 7 years, I decided to take to prosecuting, hoping I would discover my true identity by doing so. So far, I have gone undefeated,but I have not regained my memory. Will I get it back?

Story CrafterSC's Case Rankings™SC's LinksMysterious QR CodeCountdown to the Apocalypse

What is a quadrilateral with one 90° angle called? PM me the answer. Those who succeed get a free cookie! :cookie:

I agree that it is kind of hard to follow, but to me, it is mostly because I find it boring... not exactly difficult.

About 1-3... well, Vasquez is a better villain than Atmey, and more realistic as a character.

Prosecutor

Yeah,I feel that 1-3 has way more nuance to it. It also works on a meta level because you're not used to the tropes yet so you question if even Sal or Cody or even Penny. 3-2.... has Dessie,I guess,but that wouldn't make for a happy ending,so it had to be Luke again. His plan was way more impressive though,and he only slipped up at the very end.
Hi, I'm Socot. After waking up from a poison-induced coma which I was in for 7 years, I decided to take to prosecuting, hoping I would discover my true identity by doing so. So far, I have gone undefeated,but I have not regained my memory. Will I get it back?

Story CrafterSC's Case Rankings™SC's LinksMysterious QR CodeCountdown to the Apocalypse

What is a quadrilateral with one 90° angle called? PM me the answer. Those who succeed get a free cookie! :cookie:

Swiggity Swooty

Thelema wrote:
I agree that it is kind of hard to follow, but to me, it is mostly because I find it boring... not exactly difficult.

About 1-3... well, Vasquez is a better villain than Atmey, and more realistic as a character.

I've noticed that it tends to be that those who like 1-3 a lot prefer it vastly over 3-2, and vice versa. 3-2 is a much more complex case, while 1-3 focuses more on the fun aspect. I myself prefer 3-2 quite a bit, but I completely understand your points.
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)