Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 5 of 5[ 184 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Re: Phoenix gets into a relationship with Iris after case 5?Topic%20Title

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

C.Gholy wrote:
Wow, many meaty posts in this thread.
Makes me wonder really. It's obvious to me that Iris and Phoenix both care about close ones. I like both Iris/Pheonix and Maya/Pheonix though, I don't really pay attention if it's canon or not, I just freely ship.

Now for my response to the topic. :maya:
Who knows really? Maybe it might have been left to the player's imagination. If they did, I don't think it would be a rush, they would need a lot of time to get over it and handle it. If they're not in a relationship anymore, I'm sure that Iris and Feenie would still remain friends or even good friends. ^-^

It pretty much is up to the player unless it's canon. Which is why Phoenix wasn't paired with anybody after T&T. So people wouldn't get pissed off (it still happens though).
I used to like P/M (3rd behind P/I and Miego), but after seeing the
pure hate for the pairing, and Iris, here (and on Youtube also) it just completely turned me off of the pairing. I made a P/M video before it happened that i was gonna post on Youtube, but now i'm not gonna do it . The only 2 pairings i like now are :phoenix: / :ayame: and :javado: / :mia: (and what do you know the're both canon pairings).
I don't take pairings to the extremes (unlike some others here) so i try to stay fairly quiet about them.
But if i see anymore Iris hate i'm gonna lower myself to the level of fanboy and raise hell. :chinami:

It's all Wright to be wrong sometimes!

I would hope so. Iris loved Phoenix, and Phoenix loved Iris. It would be wrong for them NOT to have a relationship.
Amazing sig and avatar credits go to TheBaronAndEma! Perfect as always!

The fact that this thread got a lot of hate (because of a certain 'P/M' shipper who I will not name due to fear of flame war), I am just aboslutley DISGUSTED that they'd bash this pairing so badly :larry:.

In my personal opinion - I still believe Nick has feelings for Iris. I aren't going to go through a load of pages just to get the gist of it..... but from what I've seen - people think Nick doesn't 'love' Iris - because

A.) Pearl will bitch-slap him into oblivion. As if Nick is a gutless loser who'll listen to a 9 year old ¬_¬'.
B.) Phoenic crossed a burning bridge for Maya (just because he knew the killer was on the other side). Umm.... well - he'd do that for anyone as well.

....And before you pull the 'But Phoenix broke down completly when he thought Shelly murdered Maya/and when Maya was believed to be dead'. So? That doesn't prove he loves her right? It just proves that he cares for her deeply and that he's looking out for her for Mia's sake.

I know full well I'm gonna get flammed to death for saying this. But I don't really care now. How you can hate a pairing just because decent 'evidence' could be pointed out is kinda pathetic. And also using Pearly as an excuse (the credits where she bitch-slaps Nick for looking at Iris and not Maya) is knda lame as well right?

Flame away if you will. I aren't going to answer this back. But I know a certain 'P/M' shipper whos from Australia that'll tear this piece from peace.

...All I'm saying is this.

* Phoenix loves Maya like a sister. Just because he broke down when he thought she was dead could have been because he thought he lost her. She's the cloest friend to him. But not in a romantic way.

* He'd cross a burning bridge for anyone (if he/she were trapped with a murderer). If Pearly was stuck there and he went to save her - would that class Nick being deeply in love with Pearls? Gawd the stuff P/M shippers go to to see the light :larry:.

* The credits at the end of T & T also isn't a strong point. Okay - so Pearly slaps nick because he shows interest in Iris. Your point being? I seriously hope Nick tells Pearly that Iris is her half-sister soon. And I also hope he doesn't let his life be ruled by a 9 year old ¬_¬'.

* The Calling Card that Maya drew could just mean that she was theonly person she thought about. Doesn't need to mean that she had 'feelings' for him.

....Well - here's a £20 a certain 'shipper' comes and flames. I welcome it. For the fact I just want reply ;).

....But seriously. It's just shocking to what people will do to make this pairing not canon. Well sorry to burst yar bubble. But it 'is' canon :ayame:.

GANTALITY!

I always placed Phoenix and Maya as plutonic, a relationship so pure and needing no more than they already have.

Two other things I see to support this, in my view is... (Bringing a little Apollo Justice into this)

Spoiler:
Maya more than once teases Phoenix about liking Iris without showing jealousy of someone who loves someone like a relationship of romantic type would show and through the course of Apollo Justice Trucy (I always want to call her Trudy for some reason) speaks of Phoenix having to find a new mommy for her, if he was in an clear relationship she would know (though if Iris is still in jail at this point he could sneak off easily as part of his MASON system thing, though then again he does sneak off a lot without her knowing what he is doing anyway, gee, what a cat Phoenix can be) and the DVDs he gets are from 'some kid', not really speaking highly of who we may guess they were from. Did he get with Iris? I do not know, maybe being a deadbeat 'father' got in the way.

What happened is up in the air, but it is obvious that Phoenix is loyal to his friends and has a big heart, to the point of being a dolt, yeah!

On the small topic of 'shipping', all views forced on others is bad, ok? EVIDENCE SPEAKS! Though people are entitled to their fantasy, do not destroy other peoples because it conflicts, meanie mcmean pants.

THOUGH! Being in a relationship with someone who can channel the dead would maybe be great, Today I feel like spending time with <insert random dead hottie> BAM! There they are... though maybe a little creepy too.... :yogi:
"So apparently P/I fan + Insecurity + airheadedness + strange kinks + bad grasp of reality + over eagerness = bad user........." D= /D\

a car full of moms

Well, I played T&T. And beware, I'm not very good at making points. But the only thing I want to say is this:

From a writer's standpoint, from a characterization standpoint; I'm not a fan of Iris. I like her character. I like the pairing, I like her story. I've never been picky on stuff like that. But from a plot driven standpoint - she's too flash-in-the-pan to consider properly. I mean, Lotta and Oldbag were in 2+ cases >_> But someone as 'important' as Iris got one? And not even a mention of her in cases that she could have been mentioned in, at the very least. She strikes me as... an afterthought. A plot device on a Pearl scale. Her only disadvantage is that she came in a game too late. She's left open as an option, yes, I see that and don't knock it, as I don't mind multiple interpretations. But looking at it from a plot standpoint:

Someone said "We need Dahlia to be in two places at once, how do we do it? TWIN SISTER YOU SAY? BRILLIANT." My reasoning for that is mostly her hair color >_> Unless I missed it and it's specifically stated she dyed it at some point, Phoenix is either colorblind or just stupid. It was black, for plot reasons during 3-4(much like the inconsistency with Elise's hair color in Larry's picture), One day of a red haired Dahlia, and six months of relationship with a black haired Dahlia, I would like to think Phoenix wasn't so blinded by puppy love he couldn't see that her hair was bright frickin' red again <_< That's always bugged me.

And(aughhh this is why I don't do this stuff, I ramble like stuff that rhymes with ramble) someone said something on an earlier page that struck me.

Self destructive relationships. Pheonix/Iris is canon, yes, as they dated in the past, but allow me to shed insight... I used to be in a relationship like that, when I was a few years younger. I know, not all things can be so easily compared, but I figure I'll say it anyway - sometimes you can't see stuff like this until you live it, if only a little.

Spoiler: FOR THE TL;DR
I was... oh, 16. I'm 20 now(in comparison to 20 - 24?) My point of obsession was 700 miles away - we would do anything, anything to be together. He tried to visit me for my birthday, my graduation, many many times. All were shot down by my mother. We plotted, we planned, and I went to college and he flew to see me in secret. I was happy, he was happy, and he proposed to me. On the spot. A few months later, I flew to him. I got caught. My mother gave me her blessing after finding out I was right(about the relationship, they knew nothing and STILL know nothing about that engagement >_>)

He broke up with me a half a year later. I was shattered, crushed, and any version of the word you could think of. I told him, stupidly, that I wanted an I'm sorry for wasting my time. He said he considered me dead to him. I sort of felt like dying. I'd imagine that after Dahlia(removing Iris from the picture, as he didn't know she existed) pretty much told him she wanted him dead, he would feel much the same way. After another half a year - to be more specific, this week, I realized - I don't need him. I never did. I don't love him. It was crazy, insane, unhealthy puppy love. If he came up to me this very second and wanted me back, I'd probably laugh a little.

I do -love- him, he's a fun guy. We're friends. But he's immature and made so many mistakes. And he's still immature. I feel as though I've grown past him. But if he got thrown in jail, and I saw a picture of him in the paper a few years later(when he should be in jail), I would go check it out. I mean, dude - If I were a lawyer and I saw an escaped convict in the paper, I would pull a WTF.

I know my OWN personality differs from Phoenix >_> But sheerly as a comparison, that's how I imagine it to be. If you throw a twin into the mix that could very well complicate matters.

-_-;; Augh, hate making points, they're never as concise as I'd like them to be. tl;dr x 100,000,000.

[/opinion]

lying is bad

Aaiiry wrote:
Well, I played T&T. And beware, I'm not very good at making points. But the only thing I want to say is this:

From a writer's standpoint, from a characterization standpoint; I'm not a fan of Iris. I like her character. I like the pairing, I like her story. I've never been picky on stuff like that. But from a plot driven standpoint - she's too flash-in-the-pan to consider properly. I mean, Lotta and Oldbag were in 2+ cases >_> But someone as 'important' as Iris got one? And not even a mention of her in cases that she could have been mentioned in, at the very least. She strikes me as... an afterthought. A plot device on a Pearl scale. Her only disadvantage is that she came in a game too late. She's left open as an option, yes, I see that and don't knock it, as I don't mind multiple interpretations. But looking at it from a plot standpoint:

Someone said "We need Dahlia to be in two places at once, how do we do it? TWIN SISTER YOU SAY? BRILLIANT." My reasoning for that is mostly her hair color >_> Unless I missed it and it's specifically stated she dyed it at some point, Phoenix is either colorblind or just stupid. It was black, for plot reasons during 3-4(much like the inconsistency with Elise's hair color in Larry's picture), One day of a red haired Dahlia, and six months of relationship with a black haired Dahlia, I would like to think Phoenix wasn't so blinded by puppy love he couldn't see that her hair was bright frickin' red again <_< That's always bugged me.

And(aughhh this is why I don't do this stuff, I ramble like stuff that rhymes with ramble) someone said something on an earlier page that struck me.

Self destructive relationships. Pheonix/Iris is canon, yes, as they dated in the past, but allow me to shed insight... I used to be in a relationship like that, when I was a few years younger. I know, not all things can be so easily compared, but I figure I'll say it anyway - sometimes you can't see stuff like this until you live it, if only a little.

Spoiler: FOR THE TL;DR
I was... oh, 16. I'm 20 now(in comparison to 20 - 24?) My point of obsession was 700 miles away - we would do anything, anything to be together. He tried to visit me for my birthday, my graduation, many many times. All were shot down by my mother. We plotted, we planned, and I went to college and he flew to see me in secret. I was happy, he was happy, and he proposed to me. On the spot. A few months later, I flew to him. I got caught. My mother gave me her blessing after finding out I was right(about the relationship, they knew nothing and STILL know nothing about that engagement >_>)

He broke up with me a half a year later. I was shattered, crushed, and any version of the word you could think of. I told him, stupidly, that I wanted an I'm sorry for wasting my time. He said he considered me dead to him. I sort of felt like dying. I'd imagine that after Dahlia(removing Iris from the picture, as he didn't know she existed) pretty much told him she wanted him dead, he would feel much the same way. After another half a year - to be more specific, this week, I realized - I don't need him. I never did. I don't love him. It was crazy, insane, unhealthy puppy love. If he came up to me this very second and wanted me back, I'd probably laugh a little.

I do -love- him, he's a fun guy. We're friends. But he's immature and made so many mistakes. And he's still immature. I feel as though I've grown past him. But if he got thrown in jail, and I saw a picture of him in the paper a few years later(when he should be in jail), I would go check it out. I mean, dude - If I were a lawyer and I saw an escaped convict in the paper, I would pull a WTF.

I know my OWN personality differs from Phoenix >_> But sheerly as a comparison, that's how I imagine it to be. If you throw a twin into the mix that could very well complicate matters.

-_-;; Augh, hate making points, they're never as concise as I'd like them to be. tl;dr x 100,000,000.

[/opinion]

Well you certainly have a point about the "flash in the pan" there. Iris was introduced into one case only, and for half the case Dahlia was masquerading as her while she was locked in a dark room...by herself...aw...
Do you honestly think the writers could forgive themselves, and more importantly, could all the Iris-fans forgive them, if they made Iris such a miserable character? Think about it. From birth she was abandoned as a child, to a monastery. All her life she's been sheltered and cared for by one person. Then she gets a chance to help her family, and backs out. She feels horrible, because she betrayed someone she cared about (Dahlia). Then when she had the chance to help again, she was given a choice between her love, Phoenix, and her sister, Dahlia. Circumstances rigged it so she lost both choices, and was forced to return to the monastery. For five years, she lived with a burden on her heart, and the memory that she betrayed the only two people she cared for. When she is given the chance to redeem herself, she is instead jailed. Now, what do you think...what do you honestly think could happen? She obviously has feelings for Phoenix. If he rejected her, what meaning would she interpret her life to be? Such a good intentioned soul relegated to such a miserable existence. The writers could at least avoid rejecting her as Phoenix's love interest!
You certainly learn a lot about Iris' history through just a half of a case appearance. She appears about as much as Desiree Delite, if I may say so myself.
Remember what Phoenix Wright is about? Second chances. I cannot stress that enough. There are countless examples. Even the name "turnabout" stresses a second chance at the case. what's to say, that there isn't a second chance for Phoenix and Iris? Just because it is never shown in-game doesn't mean anything. If we were to assume GS4 was representative 100% of Phoenix, then we're assuming he's a submissive lawyer-at-heart masquerading law-breaker with a single friend who is a rather feminine serial killer.
Isn't it reassuring to hear your opinions broadcast by another, more prominent, user? I certainly thought so, until I read the counterarguments. I have to say, I believe Iris and Maya have an equal chance of getting Phoenix IN GAME. That is, the chance is practically squat. Here's why I think so.
The writers did avoid the topic of love because they knew it would offend shippers. And believe me, there are A LOT OF SHIPPERS. If they put Phoenix with Maya, the dedicated Iris shippers would ignore the game. If they put Phoenix with Iris, the Maya shippers would ignore the game. That's not even considering the Edgeworth shippers who would ignore the game.
That's why there are fangames and fanfics. Yum Yum.
By the way, I am a shipper of FeenRis, but am not too Naive to consider other possibilities

Achtung Baby ¡

i think that they arn't together, Iris is part of Phoenix's past life , and they were together just a few months ;
But now it's present not past and he's better with Maya :)

Pairings : Klaviema / Phoenix&Maya / Edgey&Franny / Miego / Apollo&Vera :)

excuse me if i don't write correctly ....i'm spanish =D
Sig and ava made by me :3

lying is bad

Yeah...you simply made an unsupported statement without contesting any of my points. Maybe you might want to do that?

About being together for a few months? Did you see how Phoenix was infatuated with "Dollie" (who was in fact Iris)? He was willing to give up his life for her. Um, she was too.

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

VeryHappyTaffy wrote:
Yeah...you simply made an unsupported statement without contesting any of my points. Maybe you might want to do that?

About being together for a few months? Did you see how Phoenix was infatuated with "Dollie" (who was in fact Iris)? He was willing to give up his life for her. Um, she was too.

She might not have contested it.
But i'm sure Icer's gonna show up here now.

Aaiiry wrote:
Unless I missed it and it's specifically stated she dyed it at some point, Phoenix is either colorblind or just stupid. It was black, for plot reasons during 3-4(much like the inconsistency with Elise's hair color in Larry's picture), One day of a red haired Dahlia, and six months of relationship with a black haired Dahlia, I would like to think Phoenix wasn't so blinded by puppy love he couldn't see that her hair was bright frickin' red again <_< That's always bugged me.

lying is bad

Icer? Too notorious. I wish Exjumbo would show up here too....
Oh yeah, if she does show up, I want to make my prescence known as "Laffytaffy777" from the AA boards on gameFAQs. We had a start of a discussion

*looks at title* It's possible. Since we aren't in Phoenix's P.O.V., he could have met with Iris or any of his friends during GS4. We barely see him throughout GS4, so it's possible he could have been on dates with Iris or even visit her in the detention centre (if she's still there). Heck, he could have dated anyone. I like to think GS4 doesn't say much on Phoenix's life like in the original trilogy, so we can ship all with want.

Capcom made it so there are no canon shippings with Phoenix after 3-5. That's what fan-fiction is for, so everyone is happy with their preferences. :gant:

All this talk about pairings is making my head spin. Let's just move on and enjoy shipping whoever we want. :D I really fail at peacemaking...
Proud shipper of FeeniexIris, ApolloxEma.

lying is bad

Actually, I'd appreciate it if GS5 let you choose the storyline of your choice.

Trucy: So who's my new mommy????
Phoenix: Well...
*Present Profile*
Trucy: OH WOW!!!! I can't wait to see [insert name here]

That would placate everyone.

Sorry Alice, I didn't mean to PM you. I clicked the wrong link by accident

So would that be just a fun thing to do with no meaning behind it, or will it be a "choose your adventure" type thing? I prefer the first option, since it would probably be unlikely if the game let's a choose. I rather fantasize by reading fan-fiction. But it would be fun if we just present random profiles. Like choosing the judge if he ever gets a profile info-thingy. XD

And I'll ignore the PM, then. ;D

lying is bad

You're right...it would be too creepy...
But if Maya and Iris' roles were minimalized in GS5, you would think that a small story change like what was present in GS4 could happen. It would satisfy the "inner-fan-girl".
Except I'm a boy, so that wouldn't work too well would it?

*Presents Profile*
Phoenix: Here's your new mommy!
THE END
Or something like that?

lying is bad

Quote:
And yes, DarkRidley, I'm still going to reply to you when I have the time to do your post justice. (I have no idea how the thread veered to attacking Phoenix/Maya, but if someone has issues, it's just polite to address them :) The pairing does stand up to scrutiny... and there's no way I'd make such a dismissive claim over Phoenix/Iris if I didn't have reasoning to back it up, even if I personally didn't like the pairing.)

Icer....your ally, even if you don't acknowledge him as one, sidetracked us. When one of our shippers prosecuted that statement, you decided "what the hell, let's start to debate", and wrote an tediously long essay which most people would only skim through, to justify the Phoenix/Maya relationship.

You don't have very accurate reasonings, only assumptions. You have cite flimsy prospects parallel to the fairy tale heroes.
Furthermore, just because you assume someone is depressed about someone dying means that it's romantic love does NOT mean it really happens. I would like you to pick apart the word assume, and then add these words in order. "To ______ is to make an ___ out of _ and __"

You also give us a miniature literature lesson by going to pick apart the writer's scripts. Well let me tell you this. The writers, they aren't perfect. That's why Charles Dickens and Mark Twain were so famous. They didn't come along a dime a dozen. I dare you to name ONE Phoenix Wright writer off the top of your head. No translators. I bet you can't do it. That means they aren't that good, and their words won't have that much depth. If you dig any deeper, you'll be twisting the meaning of the script itself to suit your argument. Oh yes, it's very possible.

"Um, could you please show me way to the coffee shop, s-s-sir?

That statement, completely arbitrary, and unrelated to Phoenix Wright, could be interpreted hundreds of ways. Each person to his own opinion. If you're going to come on this topic and tell us why Phoenix/Iris isn't probable, fine. But don't try to prove it isn't possible. And don't even think about writing about why another coupling is even better and more intended for the writers.

One last statement about Iris. She...was not needed. GS1 and GS2 didn't reference Phoenix's college years at all. GS3, the first four cases, didn't even hint at her (except once, vaguely). But they decided to add her anyways, and as Dahlia's sister at that too. Draw your own conclusions.

Quote:
Incidentally, if he loved Iris, why would he have jumped across a burning bridge for Maya? Or defend a guilty man for her? Fight for her, even when she confessed to a crime? (GS2) Or could he have been doing what Godot did, and felt guilty about Mia, so he protected her?

Should I prosecute this statement? Again, perhaps?

Nah, I don't feel like turning this into a debate thread. But I'm just going to say, you caused us a lot of trouble little guy.

lying is bad

Quote:
Incidentally, if he loved Iris, why would he have jumped across a burning bridge for Maya? Or defend a guilty man for her? Fight for her, even when she confessed to a crime? (GS2) Or could he have been doing what Godot did, and felt guilty about Mia, so he protected her?

I do feel like prosecuting this statement. I'm fickle, I know.

Quote:
Why would he have jumped across a burning bridge for Maya?

Why did Dahlia jump off a broken bridge for her diamond?
Why did Iris swing a herself as a pendulum under it for Godot?
Why did Wright cross the new, nearly untested, bridge with the same damaged suspension cables many more times to investigate the murder?

Could it be, that Dahlia loved her diamond? Iris loved Godot? Wright loves his cases?

Quote:
Or defend a guilty man for her?

Would you rather two people be killed, or no people be killed? Even if one of them is an alleged "murderer"?
But...Phoenix tested the magatama on Engarde! He didn't think he was guilty!

Quote:
Fight for her, even when she confessed to a crime?

You're starting to write sentence fragments, my good man.
Simply, he thought that the woman Maya had summoned did it. Everyone did. Maya would be prosecuted for the murder, but he knew that she didn't intend to murder the guy. Tell me you wouldn't at least try to appeal to the court about that? Especially for your assistant/friend?

Quote:
Or could he have been doing what Godot did, and felt guilty about Mia, so he protected her?

Once again you're assuming, but what's strange about this statement is that the past three you made implied that Maya was Phoenix's love interest. Here you're implying the possibility that Phoenix only ever did this because Maya was Mia's sister, and that he felt guilty he could not protect her.

And that, is a very, very, credible possibility, but is not entirely accurate.
Saving her once would have been enough to free this guilt, but instead he took her as an assistant. Remember, due to Phoenix's incredibly low income, Maya is essentially a free assistant. I'll let you debate the point yourselves from here on out.

Oh! You and your fun ways! I can't believe I picked apart your two line quote and turned it into this.

Lastly...

You guys are seriously trying to discern what a guy may do for his lover what he won't do for his friend. That's silly. This way, you generalize all humans as putting their romantic interests before their close friends. That's not what happens.

Um...no offence VeryHappyTaffy, but what is it exactly that you're trying to prove?
That Iris and Phoenix should be together after 3-5?
That Iris is a better choice than Maya for a partner?
That a relationship between Iris and Feenie should happen based on her introduction?

I'm a lttle confused over what this debate is about, honestly. I mean, we've already all pretty much agreed that it's highly unlikely that Phoenix will get into a canon relationship with anyone because Capcom doesn't want to anger the shipping base. Personally, I don't quite understand how people can assume that their ship is any more likely than any other. I like the three largest Phoenix pairs (P/I, P/M, and P/E), but I have to admit that the evidence for one is just as strong as any proof for the others, it's all based on interpretation.

Do you see Iris as Phoenix's future love interest, the woman he is meant to be with after losing her so many years ago? Or do you see him letting go of his college romance as a necessary step in his development?

Do you see Maya as Phoenix's little sister, a girl who's adopted him into her family? Or is she his oddball, but loving, other half?

Do you see Edgeworth as Phoenix's rival and friend? Or a man whom Phoenix's respect for has become something more?

Really, isn't this all about personal preferences? I don't know, just a thought. :phoenix:

lying is bad

I simply wanted to prosecute a stray opinion, that's all. It makes me feel competent about myself :redd: :redd:
Yes I understand. That's why I satiate myself with these works called fanfics. Yum Yum

Reemokisu wrote:
I'm a lttle confused over what this debate is about, honestly. I mean, we've already all pretty much agreed that it's highly unlikely that Phoenix will get into a canon relationship with anyone because Capcom doesn't want to anger the shipping base. Personally, I don't quite understand how people can assume that their ship is any more likely than any other. I like the three largest Phoenix pairs (P/I, P/M, and P/E), but I have to admit that the evidence for one is just as strong as any proof for the others, it's all based on interpretation.

Do you see Iris as Phoenix's future love interest, the woman he is meant to be with after losing her so many years ago? Or do you see him letting go of his college romance as a necessary step in his development?

Do you see Maya as Phoenix's little sister, a girl who's adopted him into her family? Or is she his oddball, but loving, other half?

Do you see Edgeworth as Phoenix's rival and friend? Or a man whom Phoenix's respect for has become something more?

Really, isn't this all about personal preferences? I don't know, just a thought. :phoenix:

^ THIS. :D

I still prefer to think that Phoenix could have been in a relationship during GS4, since we don't see him often and we aren't in his point of view. It could be just wishful thinking, but it's possible. It's true, though, that Capcom wouldn't ship Phoenix with anyone just to keep their fanbase happy with out fantasies, and that's fine with me.

I do agree that each pairing is just as likely as the others. We shouldn't be debating over this, but I guess it's fun... a little stressful, too.

lying is bad

I disagree with your last statement, Alice.
I believe the Phoenix/Iris or Phoenix/Maya relationship has a much better chance in Canon by far, than the purported Phoenix/Edgeworth relationship. I just never see the latter happening.

By evidence, yes. (That's what the debates are all about, I think.) But by Capcom making it into Canon, not likely.

VeryHappyTaffy wrote:
I disagree with your last statement, Alice.
I believe the Phoenix/Iris or Phoenix/Maya relationship has a much better chance in Canon by far, than the purported Phoenix/Edgeworth relationship. I just never see the latter happening.

Oops...sorry about that. I didn't mean to imply that Phoenix/Edgeworth was at all likely (I agree, there's basically a 0% chance of that ever happening.) I just wanted to point out that P/E, basically by default, has as much "evidence" as P/M or P/I simply due to the fact that Phoenix and Edgeworth have a close relationship (whether romantic or not is up to individual interpretation) and spend a lot of time together. The shippers have a lot of subtext to use as proof if they choose to do so, lol :godot: .

Concerning P/I, though, I don't think it would be impossible for Capcom to drop a few more hints our way. After all, there's good reason for Phoenix to see Iris again, like once she gets out of prison or if the Fey family wants reunite. I can't imagine that Phoenix would completely sever all ties with her even if they don't end up in a relationship.

lying is bad

Yes! I know, I'm going to write a realistic fanfiction on this topic.

This is my first non-school assigned story of my life, so if you read it, don't be too harsh in judgement!! :larry: :larry: :larry:

realistic fanfiction. which means, it's not "OMG I LOVE YOU AND YOU LOVE ME"

And by the way, I have a debate thread up on GameFAQs. Right now the P/I shippers v the P/M shippers exist at about a Two to three ratio. So I'm going to ask for some help here...

By the way, I'm Laffytaffy777 on the boards and the other shipper is Exjumbo.
My opponents are Icer, Smashfan, and Paromin.
And there's a guy who's trying to disprove all the pairings, MeNobody
Listed under "Trials and Tribulations game board"
Page 5 of 5 [ 184 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)