Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 3 of 15[ 565 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next

Finished PW3... Ugh, so... epic. *spoilers*Topic%20Title

Remixer

Well, it's not perfect, but no case is. I mean, I knew immediately that the sketch was upside down, and they telegraphed that Godot was the killer as soon as they said it way somebody who wasn't around for a day.

Iris being Phoenix's actual girlfriend... now that I didn't see coming. That's.... so cute.

Reading up on the Court-Records files now for the PW3 characters... I was SO disappointed to find Godot says "Maruhodou..." I thought for sure it'd be "Waruhodou," you know... from Waru, the lovely word that gives us "Wario" and "Waluigi." But oh well... does anybody know what Maru means?
Re: Finished PW3... Ugh, so... epic. *spoilers*Topic%20Title

Remixer

Oh, and how could I forget the special guest appearance by Oldbag!

Also, I noticed that during the part where Mia and Phoenix appear together and point at Godot.... shouldn't there have been an "OBJECTION" there? I remember downloading a soundfile where the Japanese VAs for the characters shout... uh... however you spell it ("Irigai?") However, there is no sound in the English version... could this perhaps be because they couldn't get the English VA for Phoenix back, and thus couldn't record a special "OBJECTION!" from him?

Remixer

Hm.... maybe I made a mistake, but I SWEAR the Crimelord's name in Case 3 was "Bluto" not "Bruto" as this site has reported... I remember because... that was the bad guy's name in Popeye.

SHORYOUKEN!!11111

Snesman64 wrote:
Hm.... maybe I made a mistake, but I SWEAR the Crimelord's name in Case 3 was "Bluto" not "Bruto" as this site has reported... I remember because... that was the bad guy's name in Popeye.

lol xD

i played the Japanese ver. of the game ( it have English option )
and i SWEAR his name was Bruto!

maybe in the US ver they changed his name :D !

Mmm, bacon.

Rock1Z wrote:
Snesman64 wrote:

lol xD

i played the Japanese ver. of the game ( it have English option )
and i SWEAR his name was Bruto!

maybe in the US ver they changed his name :D !

No, his name's definitely Bruto.

Animator who plays PW and watches ZIM :D

Snesman64 wrote:
Oh, and how could I forget the special guest appearance by Oldbag!

Also, I noticed that during the part where Mia and Phoenix appear together and point at Godot.... shouldn't there have been an "OBJECTION" there? I remember downloading a soundfile where the Japanese VAs for the characters shout... uh... however you spell it ("Irigai?") However, there is no sound in the English version... could this perhaps be because they couldn't get the English VA for Phoenix back, and thus couldn't record a special "OBJECTION!" from him?

In the Japanese one they use the same Igiari, just with music. Dunno why there was just music in the English one.
Phoenix is totally Jewish.
Re: How did you feel about the ending? *spoilers, of course*Topic%20Title

見たのか・・・!

Because they're lazy? No, seriously, I don't know :P

Lives in a box mansion

xylophone220 wrote:
And illegal.
...Very illegal.

"Hello, Mr. Godot, I'm Chris Hansen....What're ya doin' with little Pearl here?"

As I've stated multiple times, I very much didnt like Dahlia's final breakdown. I was expecting so much from that...I was hoping that just as Mia was done bitching her out about how all her crimes go wrong that she would laugh and be like "hahaha fine then I'll just kill maya Fey right now biotch lolz".
Instead, she blows up into a fiery magatama. Which actually sounds good in writing, but it isnt in the game. And this especially dissapointed me because Dahlia is my favorite character evar.

Mmm, bacon.

Dahlia's evil and kills people, yeah, but she's also an explosive brat. I could tell when at the end of case 1, she was all "DO. YOU. THINK. YOU'VE. WON?" like some internet brats I've seen (and it's because of those people that that moment was a lot more hilarious to me than it should've been). I wasn't really expecting her to think of something like attempting to kill Maya while in her body, especially after Mia pwn'd her like that, making her mad enough to talk with randomly-capitalized letters. :P

Lives in a box mansion

Dahlia punishes you with n00b talk. A fate worse than death.

i was also upset fran and edgeworth didnt get blurbs at the end. i also assumed youd get to see them chat a little at the restaurant. lastly, i also thought pearl might apologize to fran ;[

I thought a lot of things were going to happen that didnt. What a crappy ending.

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

I guess we'll just have to wait for Ace Attorney 3.5, where Edgeworth changes his career to defense attorney, takes Franziska as a legal aide, and starts defending innocents!

That would be the best anything ever.
Billie Jean is not my lover.

Icarus wrote:
I guess we'll just have to wait for Ace Attorney 3.5, where Edgeworth changes his career to defense attorney, takes Franziska as a legal aide, and starts defending innocents!

That would be the best anything ever.

that would be fantastic lol. id play it even if there were no cases in the game, just daily office antics with franny as an aide would be worth my money.

Great Scott! This is Heavy!

I just replayed all three games, and overall it was a good end...I liked how it went full circle, so to speak, however I still wanted a few loose ends to be explained, that weren't. It was pretty epic no doubt, but I felt a little more satisfied with then endings of 1-5, and especially 2-4...I felt those arcs were a little more satisfying than 3-5's. I felt some accomplishment after taking down the villains of 1-5 and 2-4, where as in 3-5, I felt good that the truth was out, but it didn't feel as accomplished as 1-5/2-4.
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." -Doc

◕ ◡ ◕

It made me really happy when Gumshoe said something like along the lines of, "I'll soil anything for true love!"

If it means he's dating Maggey. Best pairing ~ever~, seriously.

I beat the game today and I just gotta say...It really saddened me to think that this was really the last game in the series... :larry:
I mean, I know GS4 will be out soon enough, and GS5 is in the works, but there's no way to tell if any of the old characters will be back.
And without everyone else, the games just aren't the same. Why have Phoenix develop all of these relationships if they're just going to be tossed away at the end?
I think things would have been better if *spoiler just in case*
Spoiler:
Phoenix had never been in GS4. They should have just began a new storyline altogether like they had originally planned, because they butchered Phoenix's character! In that game, because of the absence of all of the other characters that helped make him who he is, Phoenix just isn't the same Phoenix we all know and love anymore. But then again...I have yet to play the 4th game myself (and there is a seven year gap that I'm not addressing)...So, I'll shut up now.

Hot coffee, anyone?

Overall, I was a little dissappointed with the ending if 3-5. Considering it's the last Phoenix Wright game with the familiar cast (Edgeworth, Maya, Pearl) I thought the ending should at least tie up any loose ends.

What would be my dream ending:
1) Anything about what is in store for Edgeworth or Franziska (Of all people to not get a credit blurb...)
2.) The Dinner @ Tres Bien- that would have been HILARIOUS!
3.) Godot's fate... (Does anyone think Phoenix would agree to be his defense attorney?)
4.) Godot and Mia having a conversation about anything; their dynamic is so adorable and they're the best canon couple ever. *mourns the death of Mia*

On the positive side, I did enjoy watching Mia completely tear Dahlia apart :youngmia: and I liked the picture of Mia and Maya with the broken urn-that was so touching.

A man is not a piece of fruit.

I felt that the ending left a lot hanging in the air, but overall, I liked it. Poor Godot. :(
I screamed when Oldbag appeared. I do that every time. Why is that?
No, I'm awake.

The ending disappointed me immensely.

There were strong Maya/Phoenix vibes all the way through this game that they obviously carried on from the last case in JFA but... there was nothing done or said at the end to give any answers x_x' There was no development between the two and it leaves me a bit disappointed :C

But other than that it was pretty awesome. The credits were very funny, especially the Ron DeLite bit! "Cut it out, pleeeeeeeease!" or something to that effect. That gave me a good chuckle XD

Animator who plays PW and watches ZIM :D

fishy_hylian wrote:

There were strong Maya/Phoenix vibes all the way through this game that they obviously carried on from the last case in JFA but... there was nothing done or said at the end to give any answers x_x' There was no development between the two and it leaves me a bit disappointed :C

Maya does say she was promoted afterwards. Hmmmmmmmmmm

*COUGHPAULWOLFOWITZCOUGH*
Phoenix is totally Jewish.

Godot Fangirl

I just finished the game yesterday and thought that the ending was extremely disappointing and kind of depressing. I love Godot's character, and thought that he was going to become another ally of Phoenix's, since he was built up to be so interesting and likable. Instead, not only do they make him the murderer, they don't even tell us what happens to the guy! Also, there wasn't really any satisfaction at the end of the trial (like there was with the final trials of the first two games) with the emotional way it played out. It just left me with an empty, sad feeling. I thought maybe the credits would give sort of an epilogue, but despite a few funny moments, nothing on Godot or even Edgeworth...I was like, this is it? What a waste of a great character... It would be nice if some of the loose ends are addressed in a future game, but who knows?

I didn't care for the stuff with Phoenix/Iris, either, so that didn't make up for it for me. I thought the point of showing young Phoenix was to illustrate how much he's grown since then, so I would think that he would put the situation with Dahlia/Iris in the past, especially with all that's happened since then. Plus, I thought they were building up Phoenix and Maya's relationship in that direction, which, until the Godot revelation, made me wonder if somehow Maya was going to be the (probably inadvertent) murderer, which would somehow cause the apparent change in Phoenix in the next game (even though I know next to nothing about GS4). Oh, well, the rest of the game was awesome... :godot:

Tee Hee Hee...Boom!

well, the ending did have a lot of loose ends
i really hope they fix it in the future games

It was only at the end that i truly appreciated
Godot's character :javado: :godot:
I really hope they show us what happened to the other
characters
Eternally grasping for contradictions...
: Phoenix Wright : The Musical ::Vinci's wallpapers/sigs/avatars/stuff :

IZSBHR wrote:
fishy_hylian wrote:

Maya does say she was promoted afterwards. Hmmmmmmmmmm

*COUGHPAULWOLFOWITZCOUGH*

Aw, I must have missed that ^^' I was probably busy trying to explain something I laughed at to my little sister :S

CR's resident Ariel?

I'm fairly certain Godot got sentenced... I mean, he was in Larry's picture with the dead people. So... to me, that tells me he dies, and is living it up in heaven with Mia.
Proud Member of:
To hear any of my recordings:
Here!

Attorney At Law

I think Godot's sentence is being incorrectly viewed by some of you. He's an intelligent man, and this is the best for him. This may not have been the happiest of endings in your book, but Godot was confused and naive, and his crying at the end of 3-5 was almost sure-fire proof of his new leaf. He had set out what he wanted to do, as well.

That said, the ending was downright beautiful. I shed a manly tear for Godot's sake. Aside from that, the breakdown of Dahlia and everything was just fantastic, even if a little overblown realistically speaking. 3-5 was what brought everything full-circle. Near every case and trial and character was built up for this case, and it had a handful of cameos, one of the best writing, and by far the greatest finale I've seen not only from Phoenix Wright, but probably from any video game ever. (IMO)

I'm assuming we are to assume they lived happily ever after. We've been spoiled by GS4 and know that Wright is a hobo, but that's not going to let me hate this ending or wish it was changed in any way. GS4 is for another day really. I'm going to remain happy that each character found happiness.

Godot Fangirl

Zulen- Do you think Godot died? Why do you think they left it so vague like that?

Lives in a box mansion

Mia and Godot are both doing the limbo and drinking coffee-flavored margaritas up in heaven, in my opinion.

HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN

The ending was both good but a little dissapointing for me. I knew what was comeing but it was just sadder then I expected, the victory felt hollow compared to the ending in JFA.

And can I just say there is no real chance for :phoenix: + :ayame: even consitering what she said when he Maya and Pearl visited her in prison. Phoenix has grown up alot in the past six years, remember what he said about betrayal being unforgiveable, and she's still a nun and going back home to hazakura when her sentance is done. Bikini says something about that too.

I was glad to see :eh?: :salute: together at last though.
http://sasoriza-chan.deviantart.com/
*bring your eye bleach*

The ending was nice...it tied up most of the loose ends. Sucks that Godot turned out to be the murderer, I didn't really see that one coming until the very end of the trial. I loved how they brought back the old "Investigation (Cornered)" theme music after Maya's final testimony when you show Godot's profile as evidence, it really brought up a lot of great memories of the first game, and a fitting way to end the case.

Yay for Shoe!

I enjoyed the game immensely, but I'm suffering from that end-of-a-game sadness. I'll miss the characters now that the PW arc has ended. I wonder why Capcom ended it? I would love to know more about what happened to Maya, Pearl, Edgeworth and the rest. I'm looking forward to AJ, but I can't image no more PW...maybe the Manga will tell more stories in the PW arc?

Oh, I also feel so bad for Godot. Just thinking about everything that character went through makes me want to cry :godot:
Many thanks to Elriel for the wonderful signature and Don S. for the adorable avatar!

Alright... I registered for these forums just for support on this very subject. I just completed T&T last night. I really did enjoy the ending, honestly. It's so hard to choose my favorite out of the three, but I do believe T&T might have done it because it's that good.

...However...

I've looked around on these forums a little while before I registered and no one seems to have brought up the one thing that's bothering me the most. The one thing that is keeping the ending of this game completely satisfied for me. True, it's a small thing... but it's also getting under my skin. Here it goes.

Has anyone remembered a little thing about an extra piece of evidence that Franziska von Karma said she'd show Phoenix once she returned to the states?

Come on! Farewell, My Turnabout!? End of Justice For All...? It was never brought up in Trials and Tribulations! Please tell me that I'm missing something here. That made quite a bit of an impression on me. Ever since then I've wondered what it could possibly be. If this has actually been brought up already, then please direct me where that could be. Someone hold me! I don't want to go insane. I don't want to think I missed out on this somewhere... but I don't know why I would.

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

I always thought the card was just there to make an impression on you and have something to end the game on, but nothing really important. Just something Franziska took to remind her of her American adventures ;)
Commiserate here about the end of the PW arcTopic%20Title

Yay for Shoe!

I just finished T&T and while I loved the game, along with the previous two, I'm disappointed that we never find out what happens to some of the main characters. Most know about Hobo Nick, but what happend to Edgeworth, Maya, Pearl, Franziska and such, especially over the years between PW T&T and AJ? I guess I sort of feel like I'm mourning the loss of the characters in the PW arc, although I do look forward to the American release of AJ. Thoughts?????
Many thanks to Elriel for the wonderful signature and Don S. for the adorable avatar!
Re: Commiserate here about the end of the PW arcTopic%20Title

You can't handle the truth.

I hate the fact that they ended the PW series, I liked phoenix more than any character in that game.
Spoiler:
I hated not playing as him even for that short period as Edgeworth or Mia.

I don't know if I'll be able to buy this new game with him as the broken shell of a once proud man.

Last edited by MarlinClock on Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lives in a box mansion

Mace_Solo wrote:
Alright... I registered for these forums just for support on this very subject. I just completed T&T last night. I really did enjoy the ending, honestly. It's so hard to choose my favorite out of the three, but I do believe T&T might have done it because it's that good.

...However...

I've looked around on these forums a little while before I registered and no one seems to have brought up the one thing that's bothering me the most. The one thing that is keeping the ending of this game completely satisfied for me. True, it's a small thing... but it's also getting under my skin. Here it goes.

Has anyone remembered a little thing about an extra piece of evidence that Franziska von Karma said she'd show Phoenix once she returned to the states?

Come on! Farewell, My Turnabout!? End of Justice For All...? It was never brought up in Trials and Tribulations! Please tell me that I'm missing something here. That made quite a bit of an impression on me. Ever since then I've wondered what it could possibly be. If this has actually been brought up already, then please direct me where that could be. Someone hold me! I don't want to go insane. I don't want to think I missed out on this somewhere... but I don't know why I would.

'Ey, j00! Spoiler tags are in order, I believe.
But, yes, I do wonder about that.
She probably put butter on it and ate it!......Yeah, I dunno. I was the kid who suggested the man in the monkey's paw wished for a tap dancing penguin in a top hat at the end of the story.

見たのか・・・!

...I lost you at "butter".

Lives in a box mansion

^ I lost me at "Congratulations, Ma'm! It's a girl!"

見たのか・・・!

:knock-knock:
Page 3 of 15 [ 565 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)