Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 11 of 15[ 565 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Re: How did you feel about the ending? *spoilers, of course*Topic%20Title

Ace Guy who just joined

Incredible ending, and the ending theme is perfect for it. And that's all I need to say.
When Something Smells, try Febreeze.

...like the scent of fresh lemon.

I felt like it wasn't really complete, especially on Edgeworth and Franziska's part. Also, we know now, but they never really mentioned anything about what Phoenix did after that, so we would have to assume that he was going to remain a lawyer. But he didn't. Open ends asside, I thought the ending was appropiate, though. :edgy:

Call me Ishmael.

supportsandships wrote:
I felt like it wasn't really complete, especially on Edgeworth and Franziska's part.

That's what AAI is for.

I thought it tied up all the loose ends perfectly fine, personally.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

...like the scent of fresh lemon.

Ember-the-prosecutor wrote:
supportsandships wrote:
I felt like it wasn't really complete, especially on Edgeworth and Franziska's part.

That's what AAI is for.

I thought it tied up all the loose ends perfectly fine, personally.

Yeah, I can't wait to see Franzy in there. I read about a few of the returning characters in Nintendo Power, but I can't really remember all of them.

Back from the dead

All I can say is I love it. Plain and simple. One of the handful of video game endings I find truly and fully satisfying.
Sig By Lind_L_Tailor
Don't let your friends tie you to the railway tracks

:)

It was brilliant. The trial was epic and it had a pretty much an epic end.

When Diego said it was Phoenix's fault that Mia died, and then Bitter Taste Of Truth came on, I started crying when that music got played.

Yeah 3-5 was an epic case. Most of my fav characters where on there. T&T is my favorite!

I started crying my eyes out, dorkily enough DX Granted I was slightly sleep-deprived at the time, but...oh hell, forget it. It was sooo touching ;___; with Godot and Mia and arrghhh. It was sad. D:

The Law 'Shark'

*Hand up* I shed some manly tears for Miego, plenty of times...so darn touching, it kicked my rear in 3-4 and 3-5.

Constantly. D:

Ahem, as clearly demonstrated I'm also an Ace Attorney Dork!
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

The thread killer (avi THANKS TO COLD52)

I was all like :beef: when I heard godot killed Misty. and when he cried blood.

Never fear the truth! Phoenix Wright!

Perfect, although if this was the last of phoenix wright, the ending (with credits and stuff) should had been more commemorative D: not just the same as the other games

Last edited by Godot von Karma on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

Godot von Karma wrote:
At first I want to say I love the smileys on these forums :bellboy:

But I've got a small question. In the end, Phoenix, Maya and Pearl are talking. Pearl starts talking and Phoenix says something like 'There's just one thing', then.. :objection:, and then the credits. What did I miss? What on earth does he mean with that? So they just go on the same way, taking cases and hanging out.. I atleast expected some kind of dramatic ending. :(

I think in that ending he's objecting to them forcing him to pay for the burgers they are gonna eat.

Besides it doesn't end as happily as you think, play AJ to see the continuation.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The Law 'Shark'

He was objecting to doing the spiritual training course - sitting on spirit ice, under a freezing waterfall and doing other such things. o.o
So, it wasn't burgers this time, heh heh.

Gettin' Old!

Sebastian Stark wrote:
He was objecting to doing the spiritual training course - sitting on spirit ice, under a freezing waterfall and doing other such things. o.o
So, it wasn't burgers this time, heh heh.

That must've been the JFA ending I was thinking of.

A pretty reasonable objection I think.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I'm honestly surprised at the people who think "It was just like the other endings, could have been more epic."
I mean
-It tied up ALL loose ends in the series.
-It had a major character as the victim.
-It had a main character as the murderer.
-It had multiple plot twists.
-It more or less laid out all futures for each character. (Yes, we didn't see Miles or Franzy in the credits, but we can assume they continued being prosecutors. It showed that Larry became a reasonably successful author [he called "Franzy's Whippety Whip Trip a success didn't he?], Gumshoe got hooked up with Maggey [the line "As a sign of love, I'll do anything {it was something to that affect} suggests this, anyway], Iris and Phoenix stayed in contact, Maya became Master of the Kurain, Godot was put in jail, and... that's it more or less.)

It was, simply put, the perfect ending. That's why they went on to make Apollo Justice with an (almost) entirely new cast.

Gettin' Old!

Skuly wrote:
I'm honestly surprised at the people who think "It was just like the other endings, could have been more epic."
I mean
-It tied up ALL loose ends in the series.
-It had a major character as the victim.
-It had a main character as the murderer.
-It had multiple plot twists.
-It more or less laid out all futures for each character. (Yes, we didn't see Miles or Franzy in the credits, but we can assume they continued being prosecutors. It showed that Larry became a reasonably successful author [he called "Franzy's Whippety Whip Trip a success didn't he?], Gumshoe got hooked up with Maggey [the line "As a sign of love, I'll do anything {it was something to that affect} suggests this, anyway], Iris and Phoenix stayed in contact, Maya became Master of the Kurain, Godot was put in jail, and... that's it more or less.)

It was, simply put, the perfect ending. That's why they went on to make Apollo Justice with an (almost) entirely new cast.

AJ suggests Iris and Phoenix didn't keep in touch.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Law 'Shark'

AJ Is still only one game - and Phoenix didn't exactly elaborate on much other than his 'secret project'...there's no reason somebody can't put it in the next one.

I don't see it actually happening, but there wasn't much Phoenix told us other than 'LOLOLOL Daughter, LOLOLOL...Evil Lawyer Friend!' - nothing else really was revealed other than that about our ol' pal Nick's state of affairs.

Phoenix Right... wait what?

I thought the ending was great. But I cant get this out of my head... Didnt Franzisca when she was leaving on the plane (Justice For All) in the ending of that game, she was supposed to give that card that Maya made of Phoenix?... i dunno... i was wondering the whole game ever since i saw von Karma,"Is she gonna give Phoenix the Card now?" But i didnt see her giving it to him... That was just something i was thinking about... anyways, i thought that the ending was great... Godot is still awesome :godot:

Sig made by Vicki, Avi made by PA :D

pacman911 wrote:
I thought the ending was great. But I cant get this out of my head... Didnt Franzisca when she was leaving on the plane (Justice For All) in the ending of that game, she was supposed to give that card that Maya made of Phoenix?... i dunno... i was wondering the whole game ever since i saw von Karma,"Is she gonna give Phoenix the Card now?" But i didnt see her giving it to him... That was just something i was thinking about... anyways, i thought that the ending was great... Godot is still awesome :godot:

Spoiler: JFA spoilers? (not sure if the tags are necessary, but I like to play things safe)
Yeah, Franziska did say she was going to give the card to Phoenix. But I personally had a feeling that it wasn't going to happen in Trials and Tribulations. There was already so much going on at the end that it would have been kind of difficult/awkward to fit that scene into the game. It would've been cool if we had seen her give him the card though. Though of course, all dreams can come true through the power of fanfiction! (I wouldn't be surprised if a few fics have been centered around this already.)

Anyway, my opinion on the ending: When I first finished the game, I was disappointed by one thing: the fact that Godot wasn't interviewed in the ending credits. After I had time to think about it, I figured that it was probably best that he didn't appear. I mean, he gave one hell of a speech at the end of the trial and the things he said pretty much finalized his story arc for me. I think if he had reappeared after the trial, anything he might have said would have detracted from his last epic words in the courtroom. But of course, this is all just personal opinion.

In short, I absolutely loved the ending. As others have said, there were a lot of unexpected plot twists and all of the loose ends were tied. And I bawled like a baby when Godot started talking about how much he loved Mia, and again when he cried blood. Truly a wonderful ending.

The Law 'Shark'

Yeah, Phoenix probably won't get that card back now - Capcom's history of dropping small details at times can be pretty consistant! 8D

Face facts, It's gone - lost in Franny's Whip/Sock drawer for all time... :franny:

Let There Be Light

Godot never appeared after the final trail. He wasn't... given the death penalty, was he?! I know he did hide in the garden beforehand, but that doesn't make it a planned murder, does it? After all, Misty was intending to keep Pearl away from the Inner Temple... Godot was just a precaution. Right?

The Law 'Shark'

Sorta, but the problem really starts with the fact Godot's an emotionally unstable individual due to his past - the intent issue starts getting cloudy because he REALLLLY has a good personal reason as to why he should thrust a rather sharp object into the body of a One Dahlia Hawthorne.
He WAS Just a precaution, yes, but his personal motivations get cloudy the instant the fight/flight reflex kicks in when the channeling started and he has to make a snap personal judgement as to what action to take. Choosing to kill, rather than incapacitate, shows that there is a much deeper scar and instability within one Diego Armando that indicates he may not have been the most suitable applicant, considering he stated himself that he would probably have done the same action regardless who was channeling it - even pearls herself would have received death that night had things gone wrong.

Godot's plan was flawed from supposition one the VERY instant he left Phoenix out of the loop. It may not have been a premeditated murder, but by all means there wasn't very much effort made to create a more favourable scenario...and that is a negligant factor on Godot's part.

It's been discussed many a time whether or not he'd get away with a lesser charge, but it's a fuzzy area in the Ace Attorney world - Miles could probably have pulled some powerful prosecutorial skills and landed him life imprisonment instead of execution.

I like the ending but is sad in one way.
The mom of Maya and Mia die, Godot is gilty

I loved the ending. Godot's been dropping nice quotes all throughout the game but... in 3-4 when he crushed that coffee cup, I teared up, and then when he cried blood in 3-5, that really got to me. And there was the shared coffee moment with Phoenix. xD
Not to mention luls franzy came by to teach me teh whip
Cows. :D
Just cows.

The Twisted Samurai

I was very sad at the ending because Godot was revealed as a murderer and Maya´s mother was killed by him
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Last edited by Coffee Prosecutor on Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The ending itself would have been perfect if they showed all the people sitting in the Trés Bien. It was great, especially the credit song, but the Finale itself was amazing. Saying who the real murderer was, his motive and the very last piece of evidence with EPIC MUSIC.
I could watch the ending of this game every day, but I would kinda get sick of it after a while.

Perpetual Prosecutor

Beautiful.

The ending was simply perfect. Also, unlike other endings in cases, this one was completely unpredictable. I was pretty much sure Dahlia had done it and they thought it was Iris for a long time, so that Godot breakdown was excellent.

A part which really got to me was in the beginning of the last chapter of 3-5, when they find out that Iris is actually Dahlia.
In her first words in court as Dahlia, she says something like this:

:chinami: "There's nothing you can do to me. Afterall, I am dead..."

In that statement I was reading the text at the same speed as it was coming out, so when her sprite changes to that devilish one in the "I am dead" part, I got scared as heck and I could feel goosebumbs running up my spine....
It was creepy... :adrian-crunch:

I was just happy to see the ending. Last case was looong one. I feel sorry for Godot, though...
Sig by PandaPrinzessin

Perfect whine record

I loved the ending, and the music from T&T's credits is the best in the whole series.

Shit, I got to replay 3-5.

The Twisted Samurai

LyingColdly wrote:
I loved the ending, and the music from T&T's credits is the best in the whole series.

Shit, I got to replay 3-5.

Same here
but first I gotta replay GS1 and 4

The Law 'Shark'

I'm actually doing a youtube Case analysis for a forum on 3-4. :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7OSr7TmVdY

It's just an opener video, this one, so it's more 'Intro' and such - but I hope to cover the games overall...and yeah, there'll be spoilers since the thread I'm doing it for mostly consists of folks who've beaten the games.

...Not completely relevent to the thread overall, but I figured it was a little more appropriate than making my own thread.
But I could if it's a better idea in the eyes of those in charge, of course.

Perfect whine record

Edgeworth tells Gumshoe that he 'pulled some strings here and there', and that they'd get a prosecutor of choice.

So, why on earth do they end up with Von Karma? Or did Edgeworth do that on purpose?

The Law 'Shark'

It was on purpose - He planned on using the case to teach her a few things, along with the fact that he knows her well enough to get her in.
It's easier to just go with something you know than something ya don't, right? :D

Perfect whine record

Sebastian Stark wrote:
It was on purpose - He planned on using the case to teach her a few things, along with the fact that he knows her well enough to get her in.
It's easier to just go with something you know than something ya don't, right? :D

Oh ok, thanks. It's just that Edgeworth looks rather surprised when von Karma appears :wellington:

The Twisted Samurai

LyingColdly wrote:
Sebastian Stark wrote:

Oh ok, thanks. It's just that Edgeworth looks rather surprised when von Karma appears :wellington:

:objection:
He called her

Coffee-addict

Spoiler:
It didn't resolve Godot's ending. I mean sure, Nick and the guys won and they go to celebrate. But what happened to Godot? I mean we saw blood seeping out of his mask, shouldn't he be needing medical attention soon? But whatever it was a good ending seeing a picture of Maya and Mia fixing the Urn which has a homage to the past few games but again I was surprised at seeing no Mia and Godot reunion and not seeing a picture of everyone having a good time at Tres Bien.

EDIT:Oh and now that I lurked a few pages back, I don't think Godot should be punished for his crimes. Well for parts of it at least. This is because of the following reasons. Godot, Misty and Iris(I remember them saying Iris was helping) kinda were planning on preventing murder which means that they were in some respects not planning on killing anyone. Godot may have killed someone but again if you say that Dahlia was the first one to draw blood then you could say it was an act of self defense and that if Godot didn't intervene both Maya and Godot would have been killed. Okay now I've confused myself :grey:
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over

I have returned!

G0dot wrote:
Spoiler:
It didn't resolve Godot's ending. I mean sure, Nick and the guys won and they go to celebrate. But what happened to Godot? I mean we saw blood seeping out of his mask, shouldn't he be needing medical attention soon? But whatever it was a good ending seeing a picture of Maya and Mia fixing the Urn which has a homage to the past few games but again I was surprised at seeing no Mia and Godot reunion and not seeing a picture of everyone having a good time at Tres Bien.

I've always been stuck with the debate of...

Spoiler: Godot Related Spoiler
If Godot had ever died or not.
There's no proof he lived on...
and there's no REAL proof that he's dead

The ending was perfect. So touching, both happy and sad.

And shocked to see that Dahlia ruined so many lives.

Asian

Loved it.
I ship Phoenix and Edgeworth and Phoenix and Iris.

Am I Wright. Yea I'm Wright

I almost cried at the end...
Spoiler:
about half way through when they revealed Godot as the real killer, I was shocked..why is that my favorite characters always have to be the bad guys
Page 11 of 15 [ 565 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)