Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 1 of 1[ 29 posts ]

When will we know if GS3 will be released?Topic%20Title

I'm so tired of this waiting, I want Capcom to announce GS3 to be released this year.
I really want to play the third game. We have waited so long now. It is time for Capcom to tell us something.
Re: When will we know if GS3 will be released?Topic%20Title

The defender of Justice!

Isnt there a topic like this already? anyway I believe if they are going to release this game itd probably be announced and showed off at this years upcoming E3 gaming event. Thats where they show off all upcoming games, so your best bet is looking towrads that for answers.
<3 Happily CR married to Comfortably Numb =D
Image Image Image

I am the Hellspawn.

We haven't been waiting that long.

Ace Attorney came out in 2005, right? And Justice For All came out just a few months ago. Yuusaku

I doubt there'll be much about a DS release of GS3 at E3 this year, if any at all.

It'd probably be best to wait until the TGS for any sign of it at all.
Ready for the Brawl?

HOTEL DUSK DANCE PARTYYYY

MaxSlasher wrote:
We haven't been waiting that long.

Ace Attorney came out in 2005, right? And Justice For All came out just a few months ago. Yuusaku

I doubt there'll be much about a DS release of GS3 at E3 this year, if any at all.

E3's still a few months away. I reckon they'll at least announce it if it's going to be released, but they might not give a release date.

That's one of my rules.

You will see this on all of my posts. I used this account when I was 13-14 and some of the content I am not happy about. I am sorry to anyone who read my posts and was rightfully offended by any of it. I will likely not use this website again, just FYI.

Last edited by Wizard Anon on Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Twister

I Hope it Will Be released on August or Quicker
Image[/URL]

kevintobing wrote:
I Hope it Will Be released on August or Quicker

So do I. Will Powers

I don't see it happening.

If they released AA3 only 6 months after JFA, it could be troublesome. As we learned several months ago, AA is a title that sells well, but on a long-term basis. Capcom will probably want to wait more than half a year between each game. A whole year is more likely.

If I may add, people could also easily grow bored of too much AA. Espescially since AA3 won't use any of the NDS features, like JFA.

Queen Of The Mods

Kikuchi wrote:
I don't see it happening.

If they released AA3 only 6 months after JFA, it could be troublesome. As we learned several months ago, AA is a title that sells well, but on a long-term basis. Capcom will probably want to wait more than half a year between each game. A whole year is more likely.

If I may add, people could also easily grow bored of too much AA. Espescially since AA3 won't use any of the NDS features, like JFA.

Hmmm? The only DS feature use I could find in JFA was the bug sweeper, and of course the microphone. As the microphone was in both previous games, it'd be odd if they left it out now, and I don't think I'll miss 2 minutes off dragging a pointer across a screen, with that beeping in the background... Nick
And people getting bored of AA? Never! Edgy

Video Game Whore

I thought the bug sweeper could be controlled with the D-Pad just like everything else you Examine?

And by DS features Im pretty sure that means something on the scale of Rise from the Ashes and GS4 all together because the lack of anything like that, plus an extra case, made a lot of reviewers take off points for JFA sadly. And those people are bound to do the same thing to when Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Contradiction Junction comes out. Probably worse still since I dont think the third game had many gameplay additions over JFA that JFA had over AA. IGN will probably take off 5 points from it just for not having Wi-Fi or something.

Queen Of The Mods

Pffft, NGamer (UK Gaming Mag, BTW) took off points off JFA because it didn't have voice-acting!
You're probably right about the bug-sweeper, but I always use the stylus so I've never checked if the D-Pad worked.
And I don't see how DS features will effect GS3 at all, beyond knocking 2 or 3 points from a review score. And the fact that it has no new gameplay additions or DS features will probably be offset by the fact it has 5 cases, which will mean review scores will probably stay mostly the same. And I'd like to see IGN come up with a reason that AA should have Wi-Fi, other than arguing over how bad-ass Edgey is, which you can do on here anyway.

Judge Hobohodo

Eh... nothing will be at e3. Didn't anybody hear? A few months ago...? e3 became closed to the press and the public...? Now it's only a conference between game developers, and everything is tight-lipped...?
Judge Hobohodo - Every Sunday, 9.00pm GMT - Only on Gatewater 4.

I will protect you....Fräulein

Naruhodou-san wrote:
Eh... nothing will be at e3. Didn't anybody hear? A few months ago...? e3 became closed to the press and the public...? Now it's only a conference between game developers, and everything is tight-lipped...?

WHAT!!!!!!!!!! Ack
Where did you hear this!!!!! Edgeworth
Thanks DarzieP for this sweet sig and avatar!!!!!
Gamertag:Gameplayer291

Master of sharp things!

Naruhodou-san wrote:

It's still an industry event, just invite-only rather than pay/request-to-go. It'll still get covered by the big sites and such, it just won't be a constant feed of random information, nor a contest of booths full of scantly-clad women and more flesh than games, but instead more of a meeting covered by four/five-hundred people rather than fifty-thousand. Besides, there's three other events that are becoming the spiritual successor to the E3 your remember, so it's not a big loss, if any.

BLONKERS!

With GS4 coming out this April 12 in Japan, we might get a delay for it if we want the third, but hey! Who cares! Atleast we get GS3! Godot Well.. I hope we do...

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

WarioFan63 wrote:
And those people are bound to do the same thing to when Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Contradiction Junction comes out..

Contradiction Junction?
fuck

Escapist

I think they'll release it in 2008...
Capcom is too busy with GS4 XD if PW:AA was released in 2005, and JFA in 2007, then AA3 will be released in... 2009/2008, considering Capcom has released another game in 2007 XD
dunno, just a stupid theory
what makes me wonder is, why did they spend 2 years just for translating JFA? Is translating that hard?
Oh wait.. what was GSII's release date???

WAIT!!?? WHAT??? 2009???? I OBJECT TO MYSELF!!!! Ack

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

Yes it is a stupid theory. 2008 or late 2007 would fuucking grrrrreat (thank you croik)
fuck

HOTEL DUSK DANCE PARTYYYY

n0wM3 wrote:
dunno, just a stupid theory
what makes me wonder is, why did they spend 2 years just for translating JFA? Is translating that hard?

The original game was released and thought of as quite a risky endeavour. Sales didn't really pick up until a while into the game's life, when people started to hear about it, then they skyrocketed. Capcom held back on translating GS2, thinking this would just be a fad, but those dang sales just kept on going.

So, it's not a case of 2 years to translate, it's a case of "whenever the hell capcom decided to start translating GS2 until 2007". Hence, your 2008/9 argument is wrong.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

n0wM3 wrote:
Is translating that hard?

Yes, you silly little noob, it IS. Dr. Grey

The PW games have a huge amount of text. They need to be translated, localized, and edited the crap out of. All the sprites need to be redrawn for a larger DS size. All the backgrounds need to be extended. All the music has to be re-arranged. Some graphics and backgrounds have to be redone entirely to include English text. It is, in fact, a big deal for a small team working on a small franchise.

If you want it done well, you gotta be patient.
ImageImage

Video Game Whore

DarzieP wrote:
WarioFan63 wrote:
And those people desu bound desu desu the same thing desu when Kyle Hyde: Ace keymaster: Contradiction Junction comes out..

Contradiction Junction?

It's my silly subtitle for Ace Attorney 3. I was wondering if anyone would catch that hidden in there.

Mr.Twister

Add A New Episode On GS3 That use DS Feature...
Image[/URL]

Ace Speller

kevintobing wrote:

That would be entirely anti climactic. PW1 at least had an ending you could add on too. JFA not so much, and GS3's ending is so awesome, that adding another case would be dumb

Who said the extra case must be after the last case?
They can just add one after Case 3 or something

Master of sharp things!

kevintobing wrote:

Why? There's basically a game coming out founded on those features, so there's no real reason to ask for an extra case with them in a game that doesn't otherwise use them at all now. Hoping for GS4 would be a better option at this point.

Mastermind wrote:

Aside from the fact that it would probably disrupt the way the third game currently goes, it would seem quite awful to suddenly have a case in the middle of the game that uses new features that suddenly dissappear for the rest of it. Not to mention that it would mess up the current numerical order, which wouldn't be good.

Mr.Twister

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
kevintobing wrote:

Why? There's basically a game coming out founded on those features, so there's no real reason to ask for an extra case with them in a game that doesn't otherwise use them at all now. Hoping for GS4 would be a better option at this point.

Mastermind wrote:

Aside from the fact that it would probably disrupt the way the third game currently goes, it would seem quite awful to suddenly have a case in the middle of the game that uses new features that suddenly dissappear for the rest of it. Not to mention that it would mess up the current numerical order, which wouldn't be good.

But...PW 3 is the last AA series With Phoenix As The Hero!So,It must be good...CAPCOM Wouldn't want us to dissapointed right...
Image[/URL]

Queen Of The Mods

No, Capcom wants us to hand over our cash. Nick

They wouldn't go to all the trouble of developing a community, running this contest, and rebranding the series only to kill it.

...would they?

Anyway, my predicted release date: FEB 2008

Escapist

Impulse wrote:
No, Capcom wants us to hand over our cash. Nick

very nice statement, dude.
And to hand over our cash, they have to make the game as good as possible.

I don't care about using DS features though, All I care is the case itself!! It's okay if I can't use the touch screen or scientific investigation.. (but S.I is fun.. I know.)
Page 1 of 1 [ 29 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)