Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 1 of 2[ 63 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Is godot...? (spoilers 3-5)Topic%20Title

Payne = true DL-6 murderer

Has Godot been given the death sentence for doing what was right? Fawles was supposed to be dead for 5 years but he still lived. No don't kill Godot! :godot:

Anyways just wondering cuz it's a bit unclear at the end of PW 3.
Re: Is godot dead?Topic%20Title

Destination: anywhere but here.

zephyredx wrote:
Has Godot been given the death sentence for doing what was right? Fawles was supposed to be dead for 5 years but he still lived. No don't kill Godot! :godot:

Anyways just wondering cuz it's a bit unclear at the end of PW 3.

Godot could probably appeal for quite a few years in prison before having the death penalty. I personally wouldn't appeal; If I'm gonna die anyway, I'd rather die now than after many years of hard labor. However, Godot would probably appeal. So, he's not dead as of the end of GS 3, but he will be.

Last edited by Clarissa Gavin on Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

True love is forever.

This should really be marked for spoilers...
Spoiler: major T&T
It's unclear at the end, but he is pictured at the end with Misty and Mia who are, of course, both dead. It's likely he does die, but whether he was executed for his crimes or died of natural causes (he couldn't have been overly healthy after the poisoning...He was in a coma for five years and was blind after all due to it after all) is rather unclear as well.

Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25

In Justice We Trust

Spoiler:
At the least, I doubt he was executed. For one thing, it certainly wasn't first-degree murder (which almost guarantees a death penalty). In addition, it was to protect another person, so if anything, he'd probably be found guilty of third-degree murder (if the US is assumed to still distinguish it from second-degree when the games take place). To my knowledge, third-degree murder is not punishable by death, and given the motive, it would probably not be punishable by death even if it was defined as second-degree murder.

I'll always love you, Max.
Re: Is godot...? (spoilers 3-5)Topic%20Title

Faith is for the transient people.

Really, there's no telling. It depends whether you think he'd be executed or his wound would harm him further later on.
Proud supporter of Phoenix/Iris, past, present and future
Thank you Elriel! :D

Legendary Agent

I wondered this too, but I think the picture in the credits is a pretty good indication since everyone else in it is dead-- there's no reason why Godot wouldn't be too. Unless the top picture was supposed to represent "the past" with Phoenix and company in "the present", instead of "the dead" vs "the living". I suppose that much is up for interpretation.

If he is dead, though, I don't think he was executed. Murder under those circumstances would almost certainly not be punishable by death-- I prefer to think he just died of his condition. He had nothing left to do with himself anyway. Though I wouldn't mind seeing some fanfic of him hanging out in jail with the other friendly characters serving time ( :jake: ), drinking coffee, being cool.

By the way. There seems to be a popular fanon opinion that ALL of the suspects found guilty of murder in these games suffer the death penalty-- is there any game evidence that states that? Besides Von Karma being "gone" instance and Dahlia's execution, I mean. After all, Dahlia and Von Karma had multiple murders to their names (if VK was charged as an accessory/conspirator in Hammond's death). I find it tough to believe one-time killers or self-defenses like Dee (or Maya, if she'd been guilty) would get the death penalty.
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

OHEMJEEE.

Actually, I am working on a requested fic of Goddy's execution. [/emo]

I personally think he was later aquitted by -cough- some -cough- defense attorney and that he was let off the hook with Justifiable Self-Defense. I'd imagine he'd only get a year or so, and he'd get out early on good behavior.
Pairings: Miego, FeenRis, EdgeyFran, KlavEma, CloTi, Zerith, Vincrecia.
Just a note, all: I haven't been on in a while, so I'm trying to get my little persona here back in order. I won't be on as much in the future, maybe a few times a week. Sorry!

Legendary Agent

.......... oh god why do I want to read it and then cry for hours? D:

H...how are you going to have him executed? ;-;
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

OHEMJEEE.

Lethal injection.

'S the only way in Cali, thank you Wikipedia. ((That IS where this thing takes place, right...?))
Just a note, all: I haven't been on in a while, so I'm trying to get my little persona here back in order. I won't be on as much in the future, maybe a few times a week. Sorry!

Legendary Agent

;-; Well I guess it's appropriate... Poor Godot.

In my state you still get a choice between a few options. Then again I'm from the area of the country that started "frontier justice", so we're pretty versed in executions.

The One And Only

Graph wrote:
Lethal injection.

'S the only way in Cali, thank you Wikipedia. ((That IS where this thing takes place, right...?))

Daliah was hung, and that was in California.

Though a mental image of Godot being hung flashed into my head, and it's an image I never want to see again...

Legendary Agent

Heeey, he's right!

But I have to agree with you too... the mental image of Godot getting hanged makes me shudder. Not him. ;-;

(btw, I think it's "hanged"... if Godot was "hung" there would be some really happy fangirls. :godot: )

EDIT: No, I'm wrong, it's correct either way. Though one is still a double entendre that made me laugh. XD

Phff, You call this a Zombie apocalypse?

Everyone here is wrong, after the end credits it says
Quote:
5 Months later, Godot was released with out a charge cause he was cool

Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:
Yeah, well maybe if I wasn't so much better than everyone else, I wouldn't have to talk about it so much.

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

No.
fuck

I remember it like it was yesterday.... cause It was
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:
Yeah, well maybe if I wasn't so much better than everyone else, I wouldn't have to talk about it so much.

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

No.
fuck

Are you sure?
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:

OHEMJEEE.

Yeah. No such comment, despite my wish for one.

Payne = true DL-6 murderer

Spoiler: :damon:
Hah "cause he was cool". The same could be said to revive :gant: (if he was executed in the first place)

Balrog wrote:
Everyone here is wrong, after the end credits it says
Quote:
5 Months later, Godot was released with out a charge cause he was cool

cut time

I dont think Godot is going to be killed i mean he was protecting maya when he committed the crime

so couldnt he plead that he had to do it or Maya would be dead :will: :godot:

SMEWWOVISION WEPWACES TEWWOVISION?!

You can't stop the bacon. Nobody can stop the baaaaacooooooon!
Image Image Image Image Image

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

The right of self-defense is the right for civilians acting on their own behalf to engage in violence for the sake of self-defense of one's own life or the lives of others, including the use of deadly force.

I would assume Godot would use this as his main arguement during an appeal. He only killed Misty/Dahlia because she was attempting to kill Maya. I don't like to think he was executed.

...drinks 17 rootbeers per trial

Gruesome as it is, I kinda believe Godot dies at the end. Maybe it's because...

Spoiler: Cloverfield & 3-5 Spoiler
The whole crying blood thing? Reminiscent to that one chick in Cloverfield before she went "boom". He was just that awesome to NOT swell up and just enjoy his coffee at the last moments.

Though IRL, IIRC (Yay, abbreviations!) crying blood is usually evident of a brain hemorrhage. I mean, weakened immune system by the poison, and the psychological stress... Yeah. Boom again.

Stereo's Ace Attorney Chibi Project!
36/80 finished. Currently working on: Redd, Ini, Ben & Trilo, Lotta

The Law is just a Game...

I seem to remember answering about 2 pages of questions about Godot's sentence.
Imagesig by Rhia
My Trial Record, 14-0. I support Klavi & Krissi.

Where there is a law, I'll enforce it!
Where there is a crime, I'll prosecute it!
Where there is a victim, I'll fight for them!

Narumitsu > All

:godot: NO! If Godot dies, I'll...I'll...cry. Which doesn't happen often, mind you. T-T

Erm...it is true about the ending pic, and I was wondering about it myself. It made me worry.

Though it WAS third-degree murder or something like that, and well it was only one person, not to mention she was possessed by a spirit. Sooo...he's looking at a few years in prison and perhaps probation afterward. So he can be free to go to Starbucks anytime he wants. :godot:

Objection!!

Stereo wrote:
Gruesome as it is, I kinda believe Godot dies at the end. Maybe it's because...

Spoiler: Cloverfield & 3-5 Spoiler
The whole crying blood thing? Reminiscent to that one chick in Cloverfield before she went "boom". He was just that awesome to NOT swell up and just enjoy his coffee at the last moments.

Though IRL, IIRC (Yay, abbreviations!) crying blood is usually evident of a brain hemorrhage. I mean, weakened immune system by the poison, and the psychological stress... Yeah. Boom again.

:objection: Quite believable, but if I remember correctly he:
Spoiler:
was slashed across the face in the fight and after
:spload: it probably opened his wound since it was fresh he was bleeding bleeding from under his mask :phoenix: told him that he was bleeding and he said, "Remember Trite red doesn't exist in my world these are my tears" so no boom (except for :spload: ) no brain hemorrhage no psychological stress just an open wound. It always makes me think of this :shatter: .

So yeah.
Diego
Mia
Phoenix
Godot
Judge
Maya
Pearl
Edgeworth
:javado: :youngmia: :phoenix: :godot: :udgy: :maya: :pearl: :edgeworth: Needs more DESU... no exceptions.

Legendary Agent

tsukixkumori wrote:
So he can be free to go to Starbucks anytime he wants. :godot:

Don't be silly. I think Godot would RATHER die than go to Starbucks.

Narumitsu > All

ggmoonycrisco wrote:
tsukixkumori wrote:
So he can be free to go to Starbucks anytime he wants. :godot:

Don't be silly. I think Godot would RATHER die than go to Starbucks.

Meh, then he's free to sit in the prosecutor's lobby to sip all the coffee he wants with Lady von Whippingburg and Mr. Magenta (hehe he calls Edgey this in my newest fanfiction X3)

General Luigi wrote:
Spoiler:
At the least, I doubt he was executed. For one thing, it certainly wasn't first-degree murder (which almost guarantees a death penalty). In addition, it was to protect another person, so if anything, he'd probably be found guilty of third-degree murder (if the US is assumed to still distinguish it from second-degree when the games take place). To my knowledge, third-degree murder is not punishable by death, and given the motive, it would probably not be punishable by death even if it was defined as second-degree murder.

Spoiler:
Almost always? Really? I'm not sure about that...in PW, the only ones we know who were executed were Joe Darke and Dahlia, both of which were guilty of multiple murders. If nothing else, Dahlia went down for murder (Doug) and attempted murder (Phoenix).

One thing that hints that killing one person isn't enough for capital punishment is Engarde; I can't imagine him deciding prison would be preferable to De Killer if he was going to be killed by the justice system anyway.

Then again, it was hinted that the death penalty might have been a possibility for Lana, who was only charged with one murder. My theory? If there's a plot reason for someone to die, they'll get the death penalty. Otherwise, no. Though if you HAVE to come up with an actual in-game explanation, just assume that it can depend on the judge handing down the sentence (the Judge we actually see in the game in the Game Over sequences that someone else is the one who decides the sentences)

Klavier: God of Prosecution

Spoiler:
He wouldn't get the death penalty for what he did. But as he said, a lawyer can never cry until it's all over.

Godot cried. His reasons to live were done. He had nothing left. I think its safe to say Godot is dead.

I doubt that.
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:

Behold a Federal Prosecutor in Action.

May it Please the Court...

Spoiler:
First off, there isn't enough evidence to meet the burder to carry on with a Death Penalty. We have motive, but the motive is not beyond a reasonable doubt. Justification is recognized by the American Court System. No Prosecutor in his right mind would take Godot to Trial, seeing as at least half of a 12 person jury would sympathize. The mitigating circumstances are to compelling.

Mitigating circumstances
In criminal law, conditions or happenings which do not excuse or justify criminal conduct, but are considered out of mercy or fairness in deciding the degree of the offense the prosecutor charges or influencing reduction of the penalty upon conviction. Example: a young man shoots his father after years of being beaten, belittled, sworn at and treated without love. "Heat of passion" or "diminished capacity" are forms of such mitigating circumstances.

Second. Not all First Degree murders mandate the imposing of Captial Punishment. Only Capital Murder carries the Death Penalty (N.Y. R-1-17) and not even that is Automatic.

Third, it was Justified. A non-criminal homicide, usually committed in self-defense or in defense of another, may be called in some cases in the United States. A homicide may be considered justified if it is done to prevent a very serious crime, such as rape, armed robbery, or murder. The assailant's intent to commit a serious crime must be clear at the time. A homicide performed out of vengeance, or retribution for action in the past, would generally not be considered justifiable.

In cases of self-defense, the defendant should generally obey a duty to retreat if it is possible to do so (except from one's home or place of business). In the states of Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Michigan and other Castle Doctrine states, there is no duty to retreat. Preemptive self-defense, cases in which one kills another on suspicion that the victim might eventually become dangerous, is considered criminal, no matter how likely it is that one was right. Justifiable homicide is a legal gray area, and there is no real legal standard for a homicide to be considered justifiable. The circumstances under which homicide is justified are usually considered to be that the defendant had no alternative method of self-defense or defense of another than to kill the attacker.

Two other forms of justifiable homicide are unique to the prison system: the death penalty and preventing prisoners from escaping. To quote the California State Penal Code (state law) that covers justifiable homicide:

196. Homicide is justifiable when committed by public officers and those acting by their command in their aid and assistance, either--
1. In obedience to any judgment of a competent Court; or,
2. When necessarily committed in overcoming actual resistance to the execution of some legal process, or in the discharge of any other legal duty; or,
3. When necessarily committed in retaking felons who have been rescued or have escaped, or when necessarily committed in arresting persons charged with felony, and who are fleeing from justice or resisting such arrest.
Although the above text is from Californian law, most jurisdictions have similar laws to prevent escapees from custody.

Imagesig by Rhia

Can you sum that up in one sentence? Other wise Im just gonna have to disregard that whole thing... (Too much to read)
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:

Balrog wrote:
Can you sum that up in one sentence? Other wise Im just gonna have to disregard that whole thing... (Too much to read)

No.

Besides, I'm right.
Imagesig by Rhia

Awwwww. I cant read that many words at once. My mind wanders, I get bored, Then I leave my computer.
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:

Balrog wrote:
Awwwww. I cant read that many words at once. My mind wanders, I get bored, Then I leave my computer.

It's funny, that's a blip in the Legal World.
Imagesig by Rhia

And thats why people like me cant be lawyers. I need something that uses my hands to keep me busy.
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:

Ruler of Lowát

FdrlPrsctrTails wrote:
3. When necessarily committed in retaking felons who have been rescued or have escaped, or when necessarily committed in arresting persons charged with felony, and who are fleeing from justice or resisting such arrest.

There's another argument you could make! A certain Red-haired spirit is CLEARLY violating her sentance by not staying dead! :moe-laugh:

DarknessLord wrote:
FdrlPrsctrTails wrote:

There's another argument you could make! A certain Red-haired spirit is CLEARLY violating her sentance by not staying dead! :moe-laugh:

Goody, Now it's a Question of Honor.
Imagesig by Rhia

...drinks 17 rootbeers per trial

Why is there such an assumption that every guilty gets the death penalty?

Spoiler: Consider the following...
The whole deal behind Maggey apparently murdering Glen. Not only would it count as second-degree murder, but (I know the amount differs from place to place) stealing, or attempting to steal, a half-million dollar lottery ticket could also count as grand larceny. She was already found guilty once and served a only a month in solitary, not long enough to carry out a DP, but at least be sentenced to it.

Granted, but knowing Maggey, she'd most likely rant it to Phoenix when they met.

Compare that to Godot's murder, or even Dee's.

Yeah, I'm still sticking to Godot's death by Cloverfield parasite blood loss or infection from his wound.

I have no knowledge in law outside what I see on TV or in PW, so correct me if I'm wrong.
Stereo's Ace Attorney Chibi Project!
36/80 finished. Currently working on: Redd, Ini, Ben & Trilo, Lotta
Page 1 of 2 [ 63 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)