Court Records
http://forums.court-records.net/

New Smilies
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21
Page 55 of 57

Author:  kaitouX [ Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

Ultimate Prosecutor wrote:
Maybe it's not the eyes. The shading is VERY heavy, especially on demented Lang and that last Spoiler one. Less grey shadow, more light brown, and not much of that either. Just enough to hint. It looks like a gollywog at the moment.

I'd have to agree; the shading is very heavy and it makes the smilies look blurred and cluttered. I think the fixed-up smilies were very close to what you should be going for. Also, I'd suggest you try to make the eyes fit with the rest of the smilies; it doesn't look bad at the moment, but it's going to stand out quite a bit if the smilie gets added.

Author:  QBnoYouko [ Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

Hey, guys, thought this was interesting:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infern ... on_contest

Capcom Unity needs new emotes and needs your help! Make some emoticons for them. We already have a buttload of Ace Attorney-related emotes, so maybe Capcom can use them too? If not, you can submit totally new ones as well.

Author:  Bad Player [ Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

I'm wondering if there's any way this will qualify... Image

Author:  Megan-Chan [ Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

I'm in the middle on making Rhoda, Cammy and Calisto smilies. I'm not good enough to make animated ones of Calisto laughing and Cammy sleeping, though.

Author:  nudalman [ Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

Bad Player wrote:
I'm wondering if there's any way this will qualify... Image


Bad Player, did you make that? That is awesome. It should definitely be a smiley xD

Author:  Megan-Chan [ Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

Here's a Rhoda smiley I made earlier. Image

It's my first time making a smiley, so it's not the best in the world, but who cares? It was fun to make.

Author:  Bad Player [ Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

nudalman wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
I'm wondering if there's any way this will qualify... Image


Bad Player, did you make that? That is awesome. It should definitely be a smiley xD


Lol. All I did is take the base smilie circle, and add a scaled-down version of Rhea's hair xD If they do make it a smilie, I might toy around with doing it for other characters...


@Megan: The eyes on the smilie look a little .__. but other than that it looks good :D

Author:  Mr. Bear Jew [ Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

Megan-Chan wrote:
Here's a Rhoda smiley I made earlier. Image

It's my first time making a smiley, so it's not the best in the world, but who cares? It was fun to make.


The eyes don't need to mimic their in-game look. The standard "dotted eye" smilies like :phoenix: and :eh?: will work. Also, her lips would look better if they didn't have that awkward-looking curve.

Author:  Velotican [ Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

I'm pretty sure that the smily database is no longer being expanded. :(

Author:  Bad Player [ Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

Velotix Lexovetikan wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the smily database is no longer being expanded. :(

D:
Not even for AAI characters?

Author:  Wooster [ Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

It's not that it's against being expanded, it's that it's ridiculously tedious to insert. (Have to upload, name, alias, file, order (Ordering being the worst, as it's incrementally and we've got hundreds of smiles)) Couple that with 90% of the smilies being well, generic smiles. (Plus often when I am actually thinking about smilies I'm at college and port 21 is blocked) And I get burned out quite quickly.

If some other Admin was willing to take up shuffling the smiles around, I'd be all for it.

Really How many =) Faces do we have?

Author:  Bad Player [ Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

Wooster wrote:
Really How many =) Faces do we have?

But they're different characters doing =) faces!! (I think there are still a few good smilies we could get from AAI, like Callisto's laugh :x)

Author:  Wooster [ Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

Bad Player wrote:
Wooster wrote:
Really How many =) Faces do we have?

But they're different characters doing =) faces!! (I think there are still a few good smilies we could get from AAI, like Callisto's laugh :x)


See, now Calisto's laugh isn't something like these: :pearl: :minuki: :ema: :maya: :godot: :hobohodo: :edgy: :garyuu: :will: :keiko: :lotta-smug: :keylady: :hobolaugh: :larry2: :aiga: :moe: :mareka: :takao: :juan: :tea-set: It's very expressive. I'm simply discouraged against more that are simply cloned expressions and minor variations there of.

I'd be a little more willing to add entries in for characters we haven't seen yet, although, it's more to get said character in then because I'm interested in the expression. But ones that are particularly like the first four I'd be less likely to support.

Author:  Mr. Bear Jew [ Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

Delete the clone smilies. We have seven pages of the damn things with the majority of them being clones. Who's going to browse through seven damn pages just to find an emote that could easily be on the first or second page? We really only need one (maybe two at the most) per character, and then only their most recognizable expressions (Furio's roar, Richard's blue-in-the-face strangulation, etc.).

Author:  Yaragorm [ Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

Wooster wrote:
See, now Calisto's laugh isn't something like these: :pearl: :minuki: :ema: :maya: :godot: :hobohodo: :edgy: :garyuu: :will: :keiko: :lotta-smug: :keylady: :hobolaugh: :larry2: :aiga: :moe: :mareka: :takao: :juan: :tea-set: It's very expressive. I'm simply discouraged against more that are simply cloned expressions and minor variations there of.

These ones might all be conveying a sense of happiness, but they do so in different ways and are not necessarily clones. For example, :pearl: and :maya: imply smiling in an innocent and carefree sort of way. With :godot: , the smile is more smug and kind of arrogant. :edgy: and :larry2: are both smiling with a sense of elation and glee, though I wonder why it's used for Edgeworth since he never makes that expression in the game... :keiko: is smiling in a similar way, but it's somehow more eccentric and quirky. This smilie: :hobolaugh: is obviously not just smiling, but also laughing, a big difference, though we already do have a few laughing smilies...

The rest really are rather generic though, but at least those are the only smilies for most of them...

Author:  Bad Player [ Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

Wooster wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
Wooster wrote:
Really How many =) Faces do we have?

But they're different characters doing =) faces!! (I think there are still a few good smilies we could get from AAI, like Callisto's laugh :x)


See, now Calisto's laugh isn't something like these: :pearl: :minuki: :ema: :maya: :godot: :hobohodo: :edgy: :garyuu: :will: :keiko: :lotta-smug: :keylady: :hobolaugh: :larry2: :aiga: :moe: :mareka: :takao: :juan: :tea-set: It's very expressive. I'm simply discouraged against more that are simply cloned expressions and minor variations there of.

I'd be a little more willing to add entries in for characters we haven't seen yet, although, it's more to get said character in then because I'm interested in the expression. But ones that are particularly like the first four I'd be less likely to support.

But we don't have a Rhea smilie ;-;

Spoiler: Turnabout Substitution
If I did her breakdown could get get in? xDDDD


EDIT:
Spoiler: While we're on Callisto's laugh...
Image from page 52 in here

Author:  SuperAj3 [ Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

Seeing as there's a new game out, and with it, new characters;
I've made some Dual Destinies ones:
Image Image Image Image

Author:  chief_skye4444 [ Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

SuperAj3 wrote:
Seeing as there's a new game out, and with it, new characters;
I've made some Dual Destinies ones:
Image Image Image Image

(looks for Facebook's "like" button. Finds none. Is disappointed in self. Tries to express liking in more human fashion.)

Nice work!

Author:  SuperAj3 [ Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

chief_skye4444 wrote:
(looks for Facebook's "like" button. Finds none. Is disappointed in self. Tries to express liking in more human fashion.)

Nice work!

:hobolaugh: Thank you! (Haha, If only CR had a "thumbs up" system)

Author:  Alpha Attorney [ Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

SuperAj3 wrote:
Seeing as there's a new game out, and with it, new characters;
I've made some Dual Destinies ones:
Image Image Image Image



WOW thats really good! :edgy:

Author:  Builderkid107 [ Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

SuperAj3 wrote:
Seeing as there's a new game out, and with it, new characters;
I've made some Dual Destinies ones:
Image Image Image Image


I realize I'm a new guy, but I have some critiques.

Blackquill looks fine, but it'd be cool to see Taka in there.
Athena also looks good, but seeing her necklace, the mood matrix if you will, in there.
Doesn't Bobby salute? That would be a neat addition.
Since Juniper is going to law school to become a judge, we should have a Juniper slamming a gavel.

Feel free to disagree. :yuusaku: (ugh, did I just rhyme...)

Author:  SuperAj3 [ Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

builderkid107 wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:
Seeing as there's a new game out, and with it, new characters;
I've made some Dual Destinies ones:
Image Image Image Image


I realize I'm a new guy, but I have some critiques.

Blackquill looks fine, but it'd be cool to see Taka in there.
Athena also looks good, but seeing her necklace, the mood matrix if you will, in there.
Doesn't Bobby salute? That would be a neat addition.
Since Juniper is going to law school to become a judge, we should have a Juniper slamming a gavel.

Feel free to disagree. :yuusaku: (ugh, did I just rhyme...)

Haha, Nice Ideas, If I get the time, I'll try and incorporate them
- I'll make Taka a separate smiley when I can
- Athena's Mood Matrix can also be a separate smiley, and Change emotions
- Someone suggested Ban open his mouth in a smile, but I could always add a salute!
- Does Juniper slam the gavel in game? If so, I could try making a smiley of that!

Author:  Builderkid107 [ Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

SuperAj3 wrote:
builderkid107 wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:
Seeing as there's a new game out, and with it, new characters;
I've made some Dual Destinies ones:
Image Image Image Image


I realize I'm a new guy, but I have some critiques.

Blackquill looks fine, but it'd be cool to see Taka in there.
Athena also looks good, but seeing her necklace, the mood matrix if you will, in there.
Doesn't Bobby salute? That would be a neat addition.
Since Juniper is going to law school to become a judge, we should have a Juniper slamming a gavel.

Feel free to disagree. :yuusaku: (ugh, did I just rhyme...)

Haha, Nice Ideas, If I get the time, I'll try and incorporate them
- I'll make Taka a separate smiley when I can
- Athena's Mood Matrix can also be a separate smiley, and Change emotions
- Someone suggested Ban open his mouth in a smile, but I could always add a salute!
- Does Juniper slam the gavel in game? If so, I could try making a smiley of that!


Sweet
-That'd be sweet.
-That's better than my idea.
-Being different, success!
-I wouldn't know, I can't speak/read Japanese, but since she wants to become a judge, it would make sense for her to slam a gavel.
:draw:

Author:  henke37 [ Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

Well, you certainly have the vertical space to add a necklace.

Author:  jayvdale [ Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

That would might be impossible if you bigger the vertical spaces.

Author:  SuperAj3 [ Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

henke37 wrote:
Well, you certainly have the vertical space to add a necklace.

Like this?
Image

It's about as big as Gavin's :kyouya: necklace, but I guess it still works!

Author:  henke37 [ Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

It looks a bit big. And pill shaped. Maybe loose the pill shaped outline?

Author:  SuperAj3 [ Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

henke37 wrote:
It looks a bit big. And pill shaped. Maybe loose the pill shaped outline?


Before:Image

After:Image

Author:  henke37 [ Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

Better, but now the necklace part looks like a part of the ball. Maybe add some curving to that? It is rather straight.

Author:  SuperAj3 [ Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

Image Athena Fix
Image Taka

EDIT:
Image Ted Tonate

Sorry for posting these all here, I just am in case they want to be used by you guys! ^^

Author:  Builderkid107 [ Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

SuperAj3 wrote:
Image Athena Fix
Image Taka

EDIT:
Image Ted Tonate

Sorry for posting these all here, I just am in case they want to be used by you guys! ^^


Hah, I never would've thought you'd take my post into consideration, and actually do it!

Going back on another statement, a gavel slam would be great, but a "Judge slamming gavel on Phoenix's head" would be even better.

Author:  General Luigi [ Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

With Bolt's blessing, I am putting out an official call for smileys of characters from AAI, AAI2, and DD. Spoiler rules still apply for the latter two games, so for the time being, smileys of characters from AAI2 and DD cannot contain spoilers. Given how many smileys we hope to add to our army's ranks, suggestions are more than welcome (though until the smileys are actually made and added, they will be nothing more than mere suggestions).

I imagine most of us have Dual Destinies fresh in our minds, but let's not forget two other games that are lacking smileys: Ace Attorney Investigations and Ace Attorney Investigations 2. Other than a few from before AAI was even released, we have no smileys for characters from that game. How could we have gone so long without a Lang smiley!?

Oh, and on the topic of suggestions, here are a few of my own:
  • Lang reading a scroll
  • Calisto laughing
  • Kay tugging on her gloves
  • Juniper knitting

Author:  Rubia Ryu the Royal [ Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

I believe we can include ideas from concept art too, right? Athena with Kamina-like glasses is always a favorite.

I wish could make smileys... but I don't have good editing software.

Author:  Bolt Storm [ Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

Also - the many, many outdated smiley names (like :trucy:) have been updated to match things like English names and proper spelling. Old posts should still display them fine, but if you go back and edit them you'll have to use the new names. (Obviously smilies that didn't need a name change will have no difference.)

Author:  Pierre [ Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

General Luigi wrote:
With Bolt's blessing, I am putting out an official call for smileys of characters from AAI, AAI2, and DD. Spoiler rules still apply for the latter two games, so for the time being, smileys of characters from AAI2 and DD cannot contain spoilers. Given how many smileys we hope to add to our army's ranks, suggestions are more than welcome (though until the smileys are actually made and added, they will be nothing more than mere suggestions).

I imagine most of us have Dual Destinies fresh in our minds, but let's not forget two other games that are lacking smileys: Ace Attorney Investigations and Ace Attorney Investigations 2. Other than a few from before AAI was even released, we have no smileys for characters from that game. How could we have gone so long without a Lang smiley!?

Oh, and on the topic of suggestions, here are a few of my own:
  • Lang reading a scroll
  • Calisto laughing
  • Kay tugging on her gloves
  • Juniper knitting


We could control for spoiler smilies if we fixed the classification system on smilies. It used to be so good allowing you to choose from independent games and from whether they were spoiler smilies or not. Now it's just one big list you have to click through and hope to find the right one.

Author:  Builderkid107 [ Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

Pierre wrote:
General Luigi wrote:
With Bolt's blessing, I am putting out an official call for smileys of characters from AAI, AAI2, and DD. Spoiler rules still apply for the latter two games, so for the time being, smileys of characters from AAI2 and DD cannot contain spoilers. Given how many smileys we hope to add to our army's ranks, suggestions are more than welcome (though until the smileys are actually made and added, they will be nothing more than mere suggestions).

I imagine most of us have Dual Destinies fresh in our minds, but let's not forget two other games that are lacking smileys: Ace Attorney Investigations and Ace Attorney Investigations 2. Other than a few from before AAI was even released, we have no smileys for characters from that game. How could we have gone so long without a Lang smiley!?

Oh, and on the topic of suggestions, here are a few of my own:
  • Lang reading a scroll
  • Calisto laughing
  • Kay tugging on her gloves
  • Juniper knitting


We could control for spoiler smilies if we fixed the classification system on smilies. It used to be so good allowing you to choose from independent games and from whether they were spoiler smilies or not. Now it's just one big list you have to click through and hope to find the right one.


...or organizing them by emotion: Happy, Sad, Surprised, Shocked, Wut, Freak Out, Interjections, etc.

Author:  SuperAj3 [ Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

General Luigi wrote:
With Bolt's blessing, I am putting out an official call for smileys of characters from AAI, AAI2, and DD. Spoiler rules still apply for the latter two games, so for the time being, smileys of characters from AAI2 and DD cannot contain spoilers. Given how many smileys we hope to add to our army's ranks, suggestions are more than welcome (though until the smileys are actually made and added, they will be nothing more than mere suggestions).

Does this mean the smileys for DD I submitted will be added to the smiley list!? :sparkly-maggey:
Spoiler: These ones
Image ImageImage ImageImageImage

General Luigi wrote:
Oh, and on the topic of suggestions, here are a few of my own:
  • Lang reading a scroll

Lang Zi Says:
Image
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Athena with Kamina-like glasses is always a favorite..

I shall make that one next!

Author:  Pierre [ Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

We need a veritable array of smilies for Fulbright! Must learn how to make...

Author:  ochibrochi [ Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

with the release of dual destinies, what better way to show off your emotions than showing off Cykes style!

Thought it'd be cute to try and make some Widget smilies!

Image
((they look better up close //sob;;))
edit: Image

now we have tiny-as hell and big-as-hell editions!

might make more??
hahaha this is my first time making smilies, so maybe not @v@;;

Author:  General Luigi [ Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Smilies

I don't have the authority to add the smileys myself (that's the purview of administrators), but I like what I'm seeing so far. That said, I do have a few criticisms:
  • ochibrochi, maybe it's just my monitor, but I'm having trouble making out the expression on the "happy" and "shocked" Widget smileys. A darker green and yellow, respectively, might help with that.
  • SuperAj3, Wooster has discouraged generic happy smileys. The one you made for Athena would just be one of many (see spoiler box below). I recommend using something unique to Athena's animations instead.
  • As with Athena, SuperAj3, I suggest using something unique to Simon's animations for his smiley rather than a regular scowl. While not as common as a basic smile, we already have a few scowls/emotionless expressions.
Spoiler: too many generic smiles
:phoenix: :maya: :pearl: :jake: :hobohodo: :trucy: :apollo: :lotta-smug: :kay: :ema: :desiree: :tea-set: :takao:

Page 55 of 57 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/