Board index » General » Court Docket

Page 1 of 1[ 8 posts ]

What the Cabbage?!Topic%20Title

Winter Flag Trademark

New Users of Court Records can post their problems or ask about things on Court Records, and how to do it, and what about it in this thread! :phoenix:

Spoiler: Starting with Mine.
Alright people, I'm new to this Court-Records Business. Anyway, there is a few problems I face. Well, one of the problem is that when I go to the end of a page, I see some names, and some names like "Google[Bot]", "Bing[Bot]" and "Anonymous[Spider]". What's this "Spider", "Bot"? And what's with only one exclamination point? In some other user, I see 2, 3 or 5 Exclamination Points. Some even has an attorney's badge instead of those exclamination points.

Not to be hurtful, but I feel like this site is a bit weird. :yogi: Anyway, please answer those questions. I'd appreciate it. :edgey:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Last edited by Mayu Igiyooki on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: What the Cabbage?!Topic%20Title

Programmer

Spiders and bots are automated programs that perform some task. You might recognize the names you see, they are popular search engines. They are simply gathering data for their search indexes.

As for the exclamation points, that is used to show site experience. That is typically derived from the post count. The badges are for special users, such as administrators, moderators and other staff.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Winter Flag Trademark

Well, but I did saw some people with Attorney's Badge. I didn't understand them. But I did understand that Mod's Badge are King of Prosecutor's Trophy. In any case, I saw another interesting thing: "Anonymous[Crawler]". What's with this one? :gregory:

And also, most of the Court-Record People gets to write any thing on the bottom of their replies with a horizontical line on the above. Can I do that? If I can, then how? :meekins:

Programmer

I do not know the exact criteria for the icons.

As for the thing at the bottom of replies, that's the signature. You can set it in the user control panel.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Winter Flag Trademark

Spoiler: The Problem, which is Solved.
Thanks for the tip! :basil:

But for some odd reason, my signature doesn't show up on any posts I give. What should I do? :nick-sweat:

Thank you very much for your support! :edgey:

Gettin' Old!

Ace Pointer wrote:
Spoiler: The Problem, which is Solved.
Thanks for the tip! :basil:

But for some odd reason, my signature doesn't show up on any posts I give. What should I do? :nick-sweat:

Thank you very much for your support! :edgey:

That there might be a defence mechanism.

A while ago CR had a major problem with bad bots making threads just to advertise things. They would fill their signatures with pictures and links of a dangerous nature that could lead to viruses if clicked.

However bots don't normally stick around to post a lot so a restriction was placed on new members. They need to post a small amount and contribute before signatures show up. This way the bot accounts (that would only make like one virus-filled post) couldn't put out their signatures filled with links and the like.

Unfortunately this extends to new users as well but once your post count goes up a little I'm sure you'll signature will start showing.

I can already see a message about casemaker in your signature if that's yours?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Winter Flag Trademark

Yes, you are indeed correct. The one mentioning the Casemaker is my signature. And yes, I can see that too. So that's why the signatures didn't appear that time! :maya-shock: Thank you very much for your help, Pierre! :gant-clap:

Winter Flag Trademark

Wait, I still have another problem:

You see, before I signed on Court Record, the smileys, when I highlight them, their names appear in English, but has a slight Japanese Pronounciation. For example, (when I didn't joined on Court Records) when I put my mouse on Basil's Smiley, it showed "Keiko" instead of "Basil", and when I put my mouse on Edgeworth's (Smiling) Smiley, it mispronounces by "Edgy" instead of "Edgey". This also happened when I put my mouse on Valant's Smiley, it showed "Varan" instead of "Valant". But after I signed up on Court Records, they show the correct names. Is it me, or isn't something's amiss here? :mia-maya:

Also, when I happen to put Lana's Smiley on my replies, her serious/worried face magically turns into a smiling one. :ack: What the Cabbage, Man?! And just what the heck is going on? :nick-sweat:

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » General » Court Docket