Board index » General » Court Docket

Page 1 of 1[ 11 posts ]

Dual Destinies "not compatible" with iOS9Topic%20Title

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Just a heads up. I was reading this Kotaku article where they talk about games that are no longer compatible with iOS because of the update, and it made me look into Dual Destinies.

The Dual Destinies page on the App Store says "This application is NOT compatible with 『iOS9(including Beta)』
Please be careful of switching your Apple devices or updating your iOS, because there is a possibility of the application not operating properly."

The kotaku article mentions Ghost Trick also being incompatible, but according to the article Ghost Trick was removed temporarily and will be returning with a compatible version. It also mentions another Capcom game, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, which has the same message as Dual Destinies but also includes “There are currently no plans to update this application in the future. Please keep this in mind when updating your OS”.

I'm guessing that at some point Capcom will remove Dual Destinies and update it for iOS9, since the page doesn't mention the "no plans to update" part, but it also hasn't been removed like Ghost Trick, so it may be a while before an update comes.

For the record, I tried it out for 5 minutes on my device and it seems to be fine, although there must be some reason they claimed it was "NOT compatible" unless they just decided to be safe.

Either way, I just wanted to give the heads up. If you're in the middle of playing through DD right now and would be sad to screw up your save/start again, or it's your absolute #1 priority to always have it be fully working on your iOS device, you might want to consider waiting to update for a bit.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.
Re: Dual Destinies "not compatible" with iOS9Topic%20Title

Great Revival

Probably still working because it said apparently that "There is a possibility of the application not operating properly"

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Nope. Works perfectly fine for me. I'm running iOS 9 on my iPhone 5 right now.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

That's good to hear. Probably just playing it safe then.

Still, like I said, anyone just starting on 5-5 or something may just want to wait until they beat it just to be extra safe, though. I'm not sure if iOS is like my PC where a game can run for 30 hours and then suddenly not work or if you'd know pretty quickly if there was a problem.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

I can play the first case, but the DLC case I bought doesn't work anymore.

Lusankya wrote:

That's disappointing. Just curious, what isn't working? Does it just freeze or does something weird happen?

Hopefully they fix it.

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Lusankya wrote:

That's disappointing. Just curious, what isn't working? Does it just freeze or does something weird happen?

Hopefully they fix it.

Oh, I was wrong, it does work. I just needed to re-activate it after I transferred my data from one phone to the other.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Works on my iPad which has the latest update. No problems.

MBr wrote:

Good to hear! Sounds like there's nothing to worry about, then.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

D.A. McCoy wrote:
MBr wrote:

Might have jinxed that.
The Examine button remained after examining the walkie talkie, so I had to resume the episode via Episode Select. You can't present evidence like is, since the Examine button covers up the Present button.

MBr wrote:
D.A. McCoy wrote:
MBr wrote:

Might have jinxed that.
The Examine button remained after examining the walkie talkie, so I had to resume the episode via Episode Select. You can't present evidence like is, since the Examine button covers up the Present button.

Oh boy. Hope Capcom decides this game is worthy of being updated. It would be a shame to see it just die on iOS because of this.

obligatory edgeworth since I said worthy :edgey:
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » General » Court Docket