Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 9[ 348 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Re: Gyakuten Saiban 5 announced, and Gyakuten Saiban 123HDTopic%20Title

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Hey! No one would love to be more wrong then me! I'm just calling things as I see them. And If I see them wrong, then all the better! Nothing would make me happier then to see Apollo, Trucy, and Kristoph all get their closure, or even better, their originally planned trilogy.

And with that said, yeah, Phoenix likes to accuse, and then let the facts sort themselves out. He just lucks out that he' the protagonist and cannot be wrong in the end.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

gilo tingge

neni, i'm sorry if what i said would ruin your dreams! i'll correct myself... he's not going to be killed. just severely injuried.

the culprit will be an organization named... CAPCOM

Gettin' Old!

Well maybe they it'll still be Apollo or some brand new character. Kinda felt they put the button on Phoenix's story already.

Though y'think we'll get more cases or something in this one? If it is for 3DS it'll have a lot more room, maybe fill it out with an extra case or maybe 3D models like in PW vs Layton.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Athena Internet Defense Force

I knew today was something "Ace Attorney fans would like" but I palmed it off and just expected something lame.

Having my expectations blown away would be too much of an understatement to even use.

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Wooster wrote:
Hey! No one would love to be more wrong then me! I'm just calling things as I see them. And If I see them wrong, then all the better! Nothing would make me happier then to see Apollo, Trucy, and Kristoph all get their closure, or even better, their originally planned trilogy.

And with that said, yeah, Phoenix likes to accuse, and then let the facts sort themselves out. He just lucks out that he' the protagonist and cannot be wrong in the end.

In that case, let's pray together that you're wrong. In fact, I can try refuse it a bit already...

Quote:
Primary logo is Blue. Red means Apollo. Maroon-ish-purple means Edgeworth.

This is what worries me the most, then again, this obviously isn't the final Logo. It lacks big pointing finger Attorney and all. I say they kept it "Standard Blue" to keep us guessing who the main character will be. Also, same reason for why there's no sihouhette yet.

Quote:
Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney. Layton has a VASTLY larger install base. Layton fans are going to be looking for a new game staring that Blue Lawyer

...Which is why they are rereleasing the original triology YET again. See? It all makes sense! Meanwhile, the long time fans get an all new game to look forward for, while the newcomers can play the original three games, with Nick, on their iWhatevers. :maya:

Quote:
All the main series DS games are being remade with TGS level graphics on iOS... except one. Hmm...

No. All the main series GBA games (Plus the bonus case) will be rereleased. Apollo was the start of the true DS era for the games. And, as mentioned above, those are brought back to provide the newcomers with Nick. Also, there is a good chance that they will rerelease GS4 later on, on a bigger scale I think. How about a complete remake on 3DS, with 3D models, to keep all Apollo themed games in the same style?

Quote:
Who was it that made it into Marvel vs Capcom, and almost TvC?

I don't think that's saying much. Phoenix is just THE face of the series. He's the origin and the link in the chain that connects all the games in some way. It's more logical to use him, the first main character, in a fighting game than any of the later. It's got something to do with memetic factor, not future plans. The MVSC team themselves stated at one point that they had no idea what future plans the makers of the series have. So, no connection.

Quote:
Lately Phoenix and Edgeworth have been front and center in Capcom's marketing. With Apollo an afterthought, if that.

Which brings me back to the "Apollo and Trucy have been redesigned" theory that I posted in the Defendant's lobby a while back. It would also explain why no shiouhette was shown on the Logo yet...

Marketing an old, outdated design wouldn't make sense after all, would it? :minuki: :odoroki:

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Nice, real nice.

After looking at this new logo and the previous game boxes, I believe I have noticed something (though it may be nothing). If you look at the sparkley thing on the logo, all of the backgrounds to it are usually black. In the case of Apollo Justice, it was clear instead. Here again, you can see that it is clear.
But, that's just my opinion. I kinda hope he returns too.

Tea time.

So is that Eshiro I see there on stage along side Takumi? Does this mean, we might possibly see both the AAI and main series storylines come together in AA5? That would be quite amazing. Though it would take some brilliant writing.

OBJECTION!

I'd try not to get too excited just yet but I can't help it.
I presume it'll be a 3DS title? In which case:
1) First it has to be released
2) Then localised at all
3) Then either released in Europe or made region free

Thats a lot of "if's"...
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Somehow I was sure it was coming, even with all the evidence that pointed against it. GK2 not getting localised just p'd me off greatly, but if this doesn't get released over here either that someone is actually gonna have to die. I can't go on without my Ace Attorney fix any longer!!!

Expectations were LOW around here.

Two of the front page posts were talking about how we shouldn't get our hopes up and not to expect anything about Gyakuten Saiban 5.

Tsk tsk...

Jammin' like it's 2024

[this post has been censored because the reaction was too explicit]

[move along]

[nothing to see here]

Does we even do these things anymore?

This news makes my day. That 5 on the logo looks very dynamic! I won't sweat the details, but I'm glad it's out in the open now. As for the story... Phoenix or Apollo or a new lawyer.... I don't really care to be honest. I'm fine with whoever it is. Crossing my fingers for a localization or it's AAI2 all over again.

123 HD for iOS sounds interesting. I might bite and buy them all, but I'm a bit skeptical on how it'll be. Just a graphical update? Because the iOS versions of the first game was slower compared to the DS games. The "bottom" screen just wasn't as efficient as the DS bottom screen.

EDIT: Oh, I can see you can flip the screen sideways to play it GBA style. Annnnd I just compared screens with the first iOS version. Yup, the bottom screen was changed up too, hopefully for the better. This gives me new hope now, lol.

Last edited by QBnoYouko on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

QBnoYouko wrote:
This news makes my day. That 5 on the logo looks very dynamic! I won't sweat the details, but I'm glad it's out in the open now. As for the story... Phoenix or Apollo or a new lawyer.... I don't really care to be honest. I'm fine with whoever it is. Crossing my fingers for a localization or it's AAI2 all over again.

123 HD for iOS sounds interesting. I might bite and buy them all, but I'm a bit skeptical on how it'll be. Just a graphical update? Because the iOS versions of the first game was slower compared to the DS games. The "bottom" screen just wasn't as efficient as the DS bottom screen.

The original iOS version was a strange hybrid of the DS version... and oddly enough looking at the files, it appeared to have resources from the Verizon phone version. Thus, a port of a port of a port? At least this time around it looks like Capcom is taking iOS seriously this time.

Wooster wrote:
The original iOS version was a strange hybrid of the DS version... and oddly enough looking at the files, it appeared to have resources from the Verizon phone version. Thus, a port of a port of a port? At least this time around it looks like Capcom is taking iOS seriously this time.
Wow, a Verizon version? How did that look like?

Anyway, I was comparing screens for 123 HD and the first iOS release of AA1 and they definitely changed up the bottom screen. Looks much more simpler now. Hopefully you don't have to hold down on the button to get to the next, then hold another button to take you back. God, that was annoying.

Can't Android ever catch a break?

Ace Nobody

YES.

Th-that's all I can say...

GS5? The game I have been longing for?! This is a day 1 if it comes to America

AA 123 on the iOS in HD? I've played all of them, but at least the 2 and 3 are being relaesed on iPhone (question is; will Capcom release this in the US/Europe/other places? They have all the translations...)

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

AM I DREAMING? SOMEBODY PINCH ME PLEASE.

Imma post my reaction to this. You see at first I was all like:
But then I started freaking out and I turned into this:

IT BETTER HAVE APOLLO AS THE MAIN CHARACTER. I DON'T REALLY CARE RIGHT NOW I'M JUST. SO. HAPPY.
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."

Awesome news, but the fight for the localization should be started right now, so that there won't be another GK2.

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

Waking up to hear this is the best thing that ever happened to me! Is Takumi going to be working on it? Let's hope so. Has anyone noticed that the sprites are more high quality in the HD screenshots? Also, I feel Apollo is gonna be the protagonist for this one, sad as I am to say it.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

The Verizon version was by far the worst port. Animations were framy. Scenes and graphics were compressed. Small screen. 3D investigation was cut scenes. Horrible. Here's all I've got from Capcom USA's press kit, sans press release and logo.

ImageImageImageImageImage

As for Ace Attorney on Andriod... I don't think I want that to happen. Capcom wants a profit. And Android is notorious for free and ad based apps. I don't want that to be the gateway to having obnoxious ads in my Ace Attorney.

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

Wait guys, I just thought... What if we're missing something from AAI2 to understand the plot of this one?...(kill me now...)

I feel like I have to buy an iPhone for all the wrong reasons, though.

Maybe I'll just get an iPod 4th Gen instead. I like my platform of choice, it just doesn't get the solid array of iApps out there.

Wooster wrote:
[*]All the main series DS games are being remade with TGS level graphics on iOS... except one. Hmm...

Yeah, but isn't that because GS4 was DS only, but 1-3 were the GBA games originally? It's easier to make ports since they're technically simpler and smaller filesizes too.

This could also be Phoenix's spectacular new career as a prosecutor. Or Apollo's...
That wouldn't be a bad premise actually, if they implement GK stuff you could play prosecutor too. You want the um, questions resolved from GS4 in a dynamic inoffensive to both characters... it's stock that the back/story of the prosecutor is told and their relation to Phoenix (effected best with Edgeworth in GS1 obviously.) Solves the problems of 'not enough room for two main lawyers'. Apollo used to talk about law and learning more about it, switching to prosecutor wouldn't be that hard to swallow with him being a recent rookie and all. Phoenix could do the switch, but they've built up more around his identity as Defense Attorney than Apollo. Then backstories and tensions get resolved in the usual dramas of the game...

Neni wrote:
tingge gilo wrote:
i think in the game apollo gets killed, and phoenix returns to be a lawyer to frame the killer.

he gets killed in a very violent way. this symbolizes what capcom is thinking of him now.

It's flammers like you that got this game's developement stalled for over half a decade, you know...

Also, it's "find" or "Bring to justice", not "Frame". Frame is when you make it look like an innocent party did it.

Although tingge gilo's post was very tasteless, I don't think this was the reason the game was 'delayed'. Nobody ever committed to an AJ2, regardless of GS4's subsequent 'controversy', (this was confirmed in Takumi in that interview the other year, he didn't plan AJ2 when writing AJ1, all the loose ends were those annoying 'use your imagination' unresolutions) and I doubt Capcom pays any attention to flamers on the Internet, let alone ones outside JP.

Who by the way used to also write numerous demands that Phoenix get murdered or fall further to The Dark Side as Gant II, but we won't go there.

Takumi didn't want to write it, Capcom didn't identify a market and request it etc. [seems to be more the Takumi factor since Capcom had GK and GK2 written.]

Ummm, maybe we should be 'requesting' Capcom US release the PW123 HD in the West? It can't be that hard to just put in the already translated texts, relatively speaking, and it's not like iOS requires printing physical media. It might mean we one day get a iOS release of GK2, which is better than nothing - proof of concept.

Adamanttg wrote:
After looking at this new logo and the previous game boxes, I believe I have noticed something (though it may be nothing). If you look at the sparkley thing on the logo, all of the backgrounds to it are usually black. In the case of Apollo Justice, it was clear instead. Here again, you can see that it is clear.
But, that's just my opinion. I kinda hope he returns too.

Good eye. It might mean something. But it could just be so it fits more background colours, like the title screens since GBA days are more graphically complex.

Also notice the shiny thing is on top of Apollo in GS4, the transparent makes it easy to see him, they are leaving max potential scope in terms of whatever um, lawyer silhouette/s MIGHT go on it.

The shining thing, I think isn't as important, because they messed around with it in GS2 to give it more sparkles, but they seem to have standardised it more recently. It points in the same direction as the non-Apollo games, for some reason GS4 shiny thing pointed other way, along with Apollo.

Of course, they probably haven't written or decided a thing about the game.
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Detective Luke Atmey wrote:
Wait guys, I just thought... What if we're missing something from AAI2 to understand the plot of this one?...(kill me now...)

That won't happen. Guarantee. Why do you think case 1 is a tutorial, case 2 is always about Mediums, and Edgeworth always gets a ton of fan fair/build up before his entrance? 'Cause new fans won't know or care who the protagonist or supporting characters are until they're re-established. Anything important you can rest assured will be elaborated on for all the important parts.

Plus... AAI sits in its self created non-cannon limbo. It deliberately doesn't touch anything in the months between GS3-5 and GS4-4. So in addition to the aforementioned mandatory recap, there might very well be nothing worth recapping.

Wooster wrote:
Detective Luke Atmey wrote:

That won't happen. Guarantee. Why do you think case 1 is a tutorial, case 2 is always about Mediums, and Edgeworth always gets a ton of fan fair/build up before his entrance? 'Cause new fans won't know or care who the protagonist or supporting characters are until they're re-established. Anything important you can rest assured will be elaborated on for all the important parts.

Plus... AAI sits in its self created non-cannon limbo. It deliberately doesn't touch anything in the months between GS3-5 and GS4-4. So in addition to the aforementioned mandatory recap, there might very well be nothing worth recapping.

I dunno, I would be kinda happy if it turned out Apollo's father was actually one of the AAI2 characters. That would tie the series together so neatly. (Some players have noted that Yumihiko's voice resembles Apollo's a lot, by the way...)

I know, it's not gonna happen, but it would be rather neat, I think.

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Self-proclaimed smart person.

GS5 was definitely a welcome surprise, though I frankly didn't expect it to happen. Now, I'm just asking myself, why did this wait until January 2012 instead of September/October-ish last year to be announced? Was it so they would have more screenshots from the HD thing? I doubt it. Hype? Maybe. I just don't see why it wouldn't have been able to be announced last year, though, as we got nothing more than the logo and a confirmation so far. Either way, definitely happy news; good on you, Capcom.

And then there is one other thing...
Neni wrote:
Quote:
Lately Phoenix and Edgeworth have been front and center in Capcom's marketing. With Apollo an afterthought, if that.

Which brings me back to the "Apollo and Trucy have been redesigned" theory that I posted in the Defendant's lobby a while back. It would also explain why no shiouhette was shown on the Logo yet...

Marketing an old, outdated design wouldn't make sense after all, would it? :minuki: :odoroki:

The way you put it, you make it sound as if you are referring to Apollo as the one being outdated. And that's okay, except... Phoenix had been marketed as is for quite a while. Personally, I wouldn't like a redesign of the passionate red-clad lawyer, as he's barely even had one game so far, and now that will not even be given the integrity and respect of keeping the character design the same? That kinda stings, me being a fan of Apollo Justice. Main character redesigns shouldn't be taken lightly, if :hobohodo: is anything to go by, as that could imply any number of things.

No, for now, I'd like Apollo to stay Apollo, at least until he gets his presence established. Otherwise, I think the "GS4 was a mistake, let's fix it" stigma will remain, or at least the idea of it, as the character design shouldn't be seen as a fickle decision, in my opinion.

Triplemathics wrote:
GS5 was definitely a welcome surprise, though I frankly didn't expect it to happen. Now, I'm just asking myself, why did this wait until January 2012 instead of September/October-ish last year to be announced? Was it so they would have more screenshots from the HD thing? I doubt it. Hype? Maybe. I just don't see why it wouldn't have been able to be announced last year, though, as we got nothing more than the logo and a confirmation so far. Either way, definitely happy news; good on you, Capcom.

And then there is one other thing...
Neni wrote:
Quote:

The way you put it, you make it sound as if you are referring to Apollo as the one being outdated. And that's okay, except... Phoenix had been marketed as is for quite a while. Personally, I wouldn't like a redesign of the passionate red-clad lawyer, as he's barely even had one game so far, and now that will not even be given the integrity and respect of keeping the character design the same? That kinda stings, me being a fan of Apollo Justice. Main character redesigns shouldn't be taken lightly, if :hobohodo: is anything to go by, as that could imply any number of things.

No, for now, I'd like Apollo to stay Apollo, at least until he gets his presence established. Otherwise, I think the "GS4 was a mistake, let's fix it" stigma will remain, or at least the idea of it, as the character design shouldn't be seen as a fickle decision, in my opinion.

Personally, I like the idea of a redesign, if only because all of my other favorite series have the main characters redesigned at least once every two games (*coughcoughZeldaKingdomHeartscoughcough*) but you're right, there'd be something sad to the fact that Nick made it through his entire main character career without even one redesign, if Apollo ended up needing one.

Still, redesigned Justice is better than no Justice in my eyes. :maya:

The X makes it cool!

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODNESS.
SOEXCITEDSOEXCITEDSOEXCITED RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

*ahem*

This is great news!
I'm not sure GS5 will be released here... but I have a good feeling that it will.
GS123 HD on the other hand... has a VERY good chance of doing so. Fans (myself included) have wanted JFA on the iPhone for a long time. Plus, it's in HD, the controls look better, and the music loop bug might be fixed.

Now, for the main protagonist of GS5... I have a feeling it will be both Apollo and Phoenix as it compares to the blue and red logo.
As for the "no protagonist on the logo" deal... I have three theories. One is Neni's theory in which Apollo could have a redesign. They could be hiding the fact that you will play as both Phoenix and Apollo to build up hype for a trailer. Or, they could be intentionally screwing with our minds, making the logo blue and red to make you wonder who the main protagonist is.

Phoenix or Apollo... it doesn't matter to me who the main protagonist is (except it MUST be Apollo!).

A real Big Boss

Ooh, the excitement level is growing up! Great news!

I really don't want to see Phoenix or Apollo as the main character of AA5. I want them BOTH -- Ace Attorneys Wright & Justice!

Just think about it. Few cases as Phoenix and few as Apollo... and in the last case, you could choose either one of them. The case would of course be slightly different depending on the character, since Phoenix has his magatama and Apollo has his bracelet. Now how epic that would be?

(Now all we need is confirmation that this, AAI2 and PL vs. AA are all coming to US and Europe.)

Thanks for the news. :) Seriously I'm happy and all, but as someone say we have no further info on who will be the star of the game (Apollo, Phoenix, both, other??) and if they announced it and finally wait another year before giving much more info, it's kinda lame.
And since they were busy with AAI, Layton vs AA, it seems like that game was an afterthought for a long time...
Capcom disappointed me a bit after the AAI2 problem, I mean no release in America and all... I hope they'll make it up with a nice game. :)
Hope we'll have more info soon! It's a nice thrill and it made my day!

OBJECTION!

Handels wrote:
Awesome news, but the fight for the localization should be started right now, so that there won't be another GK2.

Exactly. I'm sure Capcom knows the fanbase is there though.

Self-proclaimed smart person.

Well, the Apollo redesign theory doesn't make sense to me at this point in time. It's better than no Apollo at all, sure, but I don't think it would be a wise move to pull right now. What I'd like to see is a anniversary crossover thing, with all three main characters together somehow. Perhaps not as a main entry in the series (unless they could make it so that it doesn't seem like professional fanfiction), but something that shows that "Hey, we care about all our main characters, not just two of them", that would be something worthwhile for me and that would also make them a complete tag-team in UMVC3, but that's another story.

Case in point, how cool wouldn't it look if Apollo, Edgeworth and Phoenix all teamed up against the man above the lawyers, the judge him/herself? They could make a Judge (not -the- judge, though) being the criminal somehow, and then have the trio have a final showdown with not, completely unlike a certain other 10th Anniversary thing. Hey, it's a good an idea as any, right?

Like I mentioned, though, that probably wouldn't work as well as a main entry, as it's quite fanficcy, but I would like to see it since it's a celebration thing. Until then, we'll have to wait and see.

The cape is self-fluttering

Holy shit.

Rainbows are coming out of every orifice of my body as we speak.

And I concur, Apollo had better be the main character. I will accept nothing less than Apollo + Apollo backstory. (well, I'll probably still play it, but... y'know.)
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

gilo tingge

icer wrote:
Although tingge gilo's post was very tasteless, I d

why! they want him dead, i'm sure! the blue logo, the lack of references in UMvC3, the 123 remake... it's clear they want to get free of apollo justice!

tingge gilo wrote:
icer wrote:
Although tingge gilo's post was very tasteless, I d

why! they want him dead, i'm sure! the blue logo, the lack of references in UMvC3, the 123 remake... it's clear they want to get free of apollo justice!

They apparently (from the photos I've seen) played a real-rock version Cover of Klavier's theme "Guilty Love" on stage. Apparently even with singing. That looks more like a Pro-AJ sign to me.

If you don't believe me, scroll down here:
http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201201290004/

OBJECTION!

Triplemathics wrote:
Well, the Apollo redesign theory doesn't make sense to me at this point in time. It's better than no Apollo at all, sure, but I don't think it would be a wise move to pull right now. What I'd like to see is a anniversary crossover thing, with all three main characters together somehow. Perhaps not as a main entry in the series (unless they could make it so that it doesn't seem like professional fanfiction), but something that shows that "Hey, we care about all our main characters, not just two of them", that would be something worthwhile for me and that would also make them a complete tag-team in UMVC3, but that's another story.

Case in point, how cool wouldn't it look if Apollo, Edgeworth and Phoenix all teamed up against the man above the lawyers, the judge him/herself? They could make a Judge (not -the- judge, though) being the criminal somehow, and then have the trio have a final showdown with not, completely unlike a certain other 10th Anniversary thing. Hey, it's a good an idea as any, right?

Like I mentioned, though, that probably wouldn't work as well as a main entry, as it's quite fanficcy, but I would like to see it since it's a celebration thing. Until then, we'll have to wait and see.

That's a really cool idea actually. Make a judge the accused, if not the actual killer. They *sort* of did that in AAI, and it was quite neat :D

迷探偵

Neni wrote:
They apparently (from the photos I've seen) played a real-rock version Cover of Klavier's theme "Guilty Love" on stage. Apparently even with singing. That looks more like a Pro-AJ sign to me.

No reference to this should go without mentioning that it was Mizuki Ichirou who performed the song.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Well damn, I guess Pick Your Prosecutor is back on. But we've received over 300 entries over the past 5 years :beef: Maybe we'll have to start fresh...
ImageImage

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

Aw yeah! Klavier's theme FTW!

Ash wrote:
Neni wrote:

No reference to this should go without mentioning that it was Mizuki Ichirou who performed the song.

This day is getting better and better.

I suddenly have new purpose in my life.

Page 2 of 9 [ 348 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes