Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 3[ 83 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: [UP] Ace Attorney 6: a couple tidbits from FamitsuTopic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Charlieboy90 wrote:
If Apollo stays in Japanifornia, then his rival prosecutor can be the shadowed individual at the end of the trailer, after all he seems to know that person and mentioned that "Phoenix wasn't there". So Phoenix might have a different rival prosecutor.

Which also means that we're getting two sets of detectives and assistants. I hope Ema comes back as the detective for Apollo's side. Trucy can be his assistant and perhaps an appearance by Thalassa...

So maybe that shot of Apollo in Kurain might have been like those "fake" DD Edgeworth screenshots.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Charlieboy90 wrote:

Which also means that we're getting two sets of detectives and assistants. I hope Ema comes back as the detective for Apollo's side. Trucy can be his assistant..

You have you idea how much i would love this.

Oh man, this would be incredible. It would be a great way to bring Adult Ema back but also leave the other spot open for a new detective.

One thing I'm a little concerned about. I'm currently playing T&T, and you could classify that game as having two playable protagonists, Mia and Phoenix. Phoenix definitely has more screentime than Mia (and in the case of T&T it makes sense). Mia's cases in T&T connect to Phoenix's last case. In DD, Apollo and Athena each get one case to themselves and share a couple chapters with Phoenix. This feels a little more "equal" than T&T because the three lawyers all work in the same office in the same town so they constantly have a presence in every case.

Assuming Apollo is stationed in Japan and Phoenis is in Kurain, though, that means that they wont necessarily be interacting all the time. So the question becomes: are Apollo's cases connected to Phoenix's? Assumimg the game has 5 cases, how many will be Phoenix's and how many will be Apollo's? I'd love to have them be equal, but I dont know how that would play out story wise, because it would mean that Kurain is only in half the game. I feel its more likely Apollo might be the Mia of this game, which might mean he has less of a presence than DD. No way to know yet, though.

Considering we now are guessing that the trailer "lied to us" about Apollo being im Kurain, I think that means that the new prosecutor is still likely facing against Phoenix, and that the trailer is using clever editing, unless Apollo's prosecutor is somehow linked to Kurain.

Im liking that the info seems to be comimg out faster than it was with GS5.

i know July is now AA release month in Japan, but wouldnt it be cool if the game came out a little sooner than Fall 2016 in the west?
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

The Chords of Steel

Three cases for Phoenix and two for Apollo seem like a good idea. Apollo can join Phoenix in the last one for a while.
Also there has to be a DLC case. We had one for DD, it seems fair we get one for GS6. Maybe Apollo can star in it or even Athena..

And this info dump kinda seems like the one for GK2. (Announced in September, TGS information, a bit more info in October)
GK2 was released in February...know i'm not saying GS6 will be released too around that date. Maybe April to coincide with the Anime premiere?

I am saddled with unnecessary feelings.

I just realized something … if Apollo Justice will be doing his cases in Japan while Phoenix is in Kurain, and of course what happened to Fulbright in Dual Destinies … I just realized that we may be getting this sassy gal again for Apollo’s cases!

Calios wrote:
I just realized something … if Apollo Justice will be doing his cases in Japan while Phoenix is in Kurain, and of course what happened to Fulbright in Dual Destinies … I just realized that we may be getting this sassy gal again for Apollo’s cases!

Woah! 3D Ema looks pretty nice.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Slammer wrote:
Calios wrote:

Where did that image come from?

If Apollo and Phoenix are separated then I bet Athena will go with Phoenix and assist him in Kurain and Trucy will stay home so we get the classic AJ Apollo-Trucy team.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

D.A. McCoy wrote:

If Apollo and Phoenix are separated then I bet Athena will go with Phoenix and assist him in Kurain and Trucy will stay home so we get the classic AJ Apollo-Trucy team.

It's a fan edit. No AA game has models that nice-looking.

Ema showing up again would be awesome, though I'd still be disappointed that she hasn't had any onscreen interaction with Phoenix post-timeskip (assuming that Phoenix is abroad all game)

Monkey with a gun

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
Nothing like making a new protagonist that disappointed everyone and now we pretend doesn't exist...

We simply don't have info on Athena yet

Similar to how we all assumed Apollo didn't exist when DD was first revealed

Also that's a subjective statement

I was satisfied with Athena as a character

But I want to see her develop as a lawyer

A case in AA6 where she isn't handheld by Wright or Apollo would be great, maybe even with Trucy as an assist.

I write to share my madness with all.

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Charlieboy90 wrote:

Which also means that we're getting two sets of detectives and assistants. I hope Ema comes back as the detective for Apollo's side. Trucy can be his assistant..

You have you idea how much i would love this.

Oh man, this would be incredible. It would be a great way to bring Adult Ema back but also leave the other spot open for a new detective.

One thing I'm a little concerned about. I'm currently playing T&T, and you could classify that game as having two playable protagonists, Mia and Phoenix. Phoenix definitely has more screentime than Mia (and in the case of T&T it makes sense). Mia's cases in T&T connect to Phoenix's last case. In DD, Apollo and Athena each get one case to themselves and share a couple chapters with Phoenix. This feels a little more "equal" than T&T because the three lawyers all work in the same office in the same town so they constantly have a presence in every case.

Assuming Apollo is stationed in Japan and Phoenis is in Kurain, though, that means that they wont necessarily be interacting all the time. So the question becomes: are Apollo's cases connected to Phoenix's? Assumimg the game has 5 cases, how many will be Phoenix's and how many will be Apollo's? I'd love to have them be equal, but I dont know how that would play out story wise, because it would mean that Kurain is only in half the game. I feel its more likely Apollo might be the Mia of this game, which might mean he has less of a presence than DD. No way to know yet, though.

Considering we now are guessing that the trailer "lied to us" about Apollo being im Kurain, I think that means that the new prosecutor is still likely facing against Phoenix, and that the trailer is using clever editing, unless Apollo's prosecutor is somehow linked to Kurain.

Im liking that the info seems to be comimg out faster than it was with GS5.

i know July is now AA release month in Japan, but wouldnt it be cool if the game came out a little sooner than Fall 2016 in the west?

Screentime was one of my main worries too when I saw this update post, along with focus. Doing something similar to T&T might work, but the writing might need to overcome a challenge of distance.

I mean, if Apollo and Phoenix being protagonists means having equal story focus, complete with each having a new rival prosecutor, then how would that work? How would one weave Apollo's story in Japanifornia with Phoenix's back in Kurain? Presumably they would converge in the final case, but the switch from one country to another might be jarring.

How do you guys think time will progress in this game? A lot of Ace Attorney games have several months in between each case, but that might be tricky for the story they seem to want to tell. The Investigation games have everything happen in the space of a few days, but that might not be ideal either.... :think-pw:

I want to end things off on a happy note, so I will say that for now I will trust in Yamaziki and his team to give us a good game. I've enjoyed all of his games so far, so no reason why things will be different here.

Two more things:

1. That 3D Ema made me crave her in the game so bad, like you don't even know.

2. Chief Prosecutor Gaspen Payne may be the single most ridiculous thing I've ever seen/heard. This is not a bad thing.
I fell into fanfic hell many years ago. This place is my home now.

I am saddled with unnecessary feelings.

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Slammer wrote:
Calios wrote:

The 3D model image came from someone who did it on Deviantart, I just re-sized it and added it onto the background of the Wright Anything Agency, it's spot on though in terms of on how he did it.

A Kirby and AA fan

I can't help but feel strange every time people mention Nuri here. I am often called Nuri by people and it makes me think people here are talking to/about me!

Snowthefirst wrote:
1. That 3D Ema made me crave her

o bb :hotti:

Calios wrote:
The 3D model image came from someone who did it on Deviantart, I just re-sized it and added it onto the background of the Wright Anything Agency, it's spot on though in terms of on how he did it.

Fixed that link for you

Scratch spriter

Calios wrote:

Well, it's funny cuz' the one who did this is user in here that posts in the sprite section, but he specifically did that Ema to troll users that Ema had been announced for GS6 some months before the real announcement.

Scratch spriter

Hesseldahl wrote:
Calios wrote:

Well, it's funny cuz' the one who did this is a user in here that posts in the sprite section, but he specifically did that Ema to troll users that Ema had been announced for GS6 some months before the real announcement.

EDIT: The post can be found here in the first page! viewtopic.php?f=49&t=31102

*wonk*

rip athena
yes

Tilemaxosbra wrote:
rip athena

I wouldnt worry too much. We didnt see anything Apollo-related until half a year after the DD announcement. This is following the same thing. They're not goint to create a new character just to not use her again in the next game. She might not be playable or related to the main plot but I'm sure she'll have at least as much screentime as Trucy in DD if not more. She'll probably be one of the assistants.

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Tilemaxosbra wrote:
rip athena

I wouldnt worry too much. We didnt see anything Apollo-related until half a year after the DD announcement. This is following the same thing. They're not goint to create a new character just to not use her again in the next game. She might not be playable or related to the main plot but I'm sure she'll have at least as much screentime as Trucy in DD if not more. She'll probably be one of the assistants.

I agree, I can't imagine her so hated that Capcom would decide that she would never appear again in any capacity. She was not some minor character. I am sure people said the same about Apollo when Phoenix was revealed as the main character of DD. Not to mention that if we go by past conventions the main lawyers (in this case it appears to be both Phoenix and Apollo) are going to have assistants so it appears quite likely that she would be one of the assistants.

Last edited by Defender123 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Slammer wrote:
Calios wrote:

Athena with Phoenix would make sense considering how the Water Mirror system is a lot like the Mood Matrix.

Great Revival

Defender123 wrote:
D.A. McCoy wrote:
Tilemaxosbra wrote:
rip athena

I agree, I can't imagine her so hated that Capcom would decide that she would never appear again in any capacity. She was not some minor character. I am sure people said the same about Apollo when Phoenix was revealed as the main character of DD.

And, if I'm correct, wasn't Apollo quite hated in his first game?
Also, careful with double posts.

From what I recall he was not very popular back then which means the idea of Athena being removed entirely making even less sense.

Art Person

I'm wondering how much my Ema render would look like an official one? It's possible now she's back!

Defender123 wrote:
From what I recall he was not very popular back then which means the idea of Athena being removed entirely making even less sense.

Apollo was rated the best character for DD right? (I think there was a famitsu poll?) So people like him better. Then it was Edgey and Nick and Athena was 11th IIRC.

Great Revival

SuperAj3 wrote:
I'm wondering how much my Ema render would look like an official one? It's possible now she's back!

It almost fooled me for Ema really being confirmed, so yes, it looks quite official.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Apollo wasn't liked in his game because he was such a flat character who gets put on the sideline for Phoenix Wright. The more accurate title for that game should have been Phoenix Wright: The Hobo Years
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Great Revival

dullahan1 wrote:
Apollo wasn't liked in his game because he was such a flat character who gets put on the sideline for Phoenix Wright. The more accurate title for that game should have been Phoenix Wright: The Hobo Years

Nah, it should have been Phoenix Wright: Ex Attorney

Art Person

Oliver wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:

It almost fooled me for Ema really being confirmed, so yes, it looks quite official.

Thanks!
You could say Ema's chances of returning have "skye"rocketed! :hotti:

Great Revival

SuperAj3 wrote:
Oliver wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:

Thanks!
You could say Ema's chances of returning have "skye"rocketed! :hotti:

...No.
Yew're not the punmaster, I'm the punmaster. Yew're Deid.

D.A. McCoy wrote:

It seems more likely to me that Apollo will have Athena and the Mood Matrix while Phoenix has the water mirror and Maya/the boy assistant (defendant from the first case who definitely won't end up being the final boss)

Maybe Apollo will have a case with Trucy, but I doubt it. It seems more likely to me that she'll stay at the office (but it would be a nice compromise if she investigated with Apollo while Athena went with Apollo in court)

Also disappointing that we won't have a case with a Phoenix-Apollo investigation team

Edit: Oh and I think Payne will be the prosecutor for all oh Phoenix's cases, but that ultimately won't matter because Phoenix's true rival is Leifa. Apollo's opponent will be the new prosecutor (perhaps the new prosecutor is dead, being channeled by a spirt medium?)

JesusMonroe wrote:
the boy assistant

Where do people keep coming up with this idea? There's absolutely zilch supporting it.

迷探偵

whoknowscran wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:
the boy assistant

Where do people keep coming up with this idea? There's absolutely zilch supporting it.

Because he's a new character, and everybody likes casting them in all roles.

I'm also pretty sure that the boy is Apollo's father :D
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

The cape is self-fluttering

Ash wrote:
whoknowscran wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:
the boy assistant

Because he's a new character, and everybody likes casting them in all roles.

I'm also pretty sure that the boy is Apollo's father :D

I always knew Thalassa was secretly the cougar type. :hotti:
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Athena Internet Defense Force

Hotdiddykong wrote:
Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
Nothing like making a new protagonist that disappointed everyone and now we pretend doesn't exist...

A case in AA6 where she isn't handheld by Wright or Apollo would be great, maybe even with Trucy as an assist.

I want to believe you're right but I know Athena didn't even rank on Capcom Japan's top 10 character list and Apollo was at the top, so it's no surprise if they dropped her and gave Apollo a bigger focus (if that is indeed what happened).

That said, the way the series is progressing it's almost like they're taking the western tastes into consideration. Phoenix getting back the protagonist's role seems to make the games easier to sell to us, since our audience seems firmly Phoenix-oriented. If this were strictly based on Japan's interests I would think the Apollo Justice saga would have continued (Gyakuten Saiban 4 did solid numbers, as I recall).

Great Revival

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
Hotdiddykong wrote:
Gyakuten$aiban wrote:

I want to believe you're right but I know Athena didn't even rank on Capcom Japan's top 10 character list and Apollo was at the top, so it's no surprise if they dropped her and gave Apollo a bigger focus (if that is indeed what happened).

That said, the way the series is progressing it's almost like they're taking the western tastes into consideration. Phoenix getting back the protagonist's role seems to make the games easier to sell to us, since our audience seems firmly Phoenix-oriented. If this were strictly based on Japan's interests I would think the Apollo Justice saga would have continued (Gyakuten Saiban 4 did solid numbers, as I recall).

I don't completely remember the poll, if there was one, but wasn't Apollo also below 10? :eh?:

Apollo was number 1

Great Revival

I meant GS4.
I didn't specify, sorry.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

So, do we have the full scan or not?
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

New~

RayquazaSenpai wrote:

HEY Look, It even had Athena in this one!
Spoiler:
What a gorgeous combination of earmuff, Simon's coat and Junie's hat..uuuh....wait..?

Great Revival

D_Albertz wrote:
RayquazaSenpai wrote:

Spoiler:
What a gorgeous combination of earmuff, Simon's coat and Junie's hat..uuuh....wait..?

Wow, thanks for the scan, mate.

New~

Oliver wrote:
D_Albertz wrote:
RayquazaSenpai wrote:

Spoiler:

Wow, thanks for the scan, mate.

You're welcome!
Okay enough trolling. Just wait for it. It'll be quite a while since they wait till famitsu released it first.

is a five star man.

Full scans here: http://nintendoeverything.com/scans-rou ... -jam-more/

Edit: Some more (not new) stuff here: http://www.japanese3ds.com/
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.

Oliver wrote:
I meant GS4.
I didn't specify, sorry.

There was a character poll after GS4? I'll be really interested in seeing the results if someone has them.

But anyway, Athena came out 11th. It may be a disappointing result for a character with so much screen-time in the more recent game, since she was both the least popular playable character and the least popular new character, but it's not a bad result overall and definitely not a reason to write her out. That assuming that they decide character roles based on one single poll, which would be a pretty ridiculous assumption.

Precarious Prosecutor

L~A wrote:
Gaspen Payne made it to Chief Prosecutor in this country without being defeated once.

Spoiler: This totally makes sense now

Page 2 of 3 [ 83 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes