Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 2[ 62 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: New GK News!Topic%20Title

Moving on up!

Croik wrote:
I'm excited to see if they do another animated promotional movie :D

I've probably seen these on youtube and just didn't know what they were. Are these on the court records youtube account you set up?
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

What is my liiiife?!?

I think that if they can't be bothered to dub it into English they shouldn't make an animated promo at all.

PCHOOO

Gerkuman wrote:
I think that if they can't be bothered to dub it into English they shouldn't make an animated promo at all.

Why because Japanese fans don't matter? :yuusaku:

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Lunaria42 wrote:
Croik wrote:
I'm excited to see if they do another animated promotional movie :D

I've probably seen these on youtube and just didn't know what they were. Are these on the court records youtube account you set up?

Yup, and also listed in the Videos section of the main site. Both of them have been subtitled now.
ImageImage

Moving on up!

Regy Rusty wrote:
Gerkuman wrote:

Why because Japanese fans don't matter? :yuusaku:

Considering that the games originated in Japan, Capcom probably thinks they matter more than us. I don't mind having to watch the videos in Japanese. There are always awesome fans that are willing to either provide a subtitled version or do a fan dub themselves. I like to see the variations on what other fans think a character will sound like.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

Mistress Game Master

Okay, I was looking at these pictures, and the following thought came into my mind:

WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH PEOPLE DYING IN THE PW-UNIVERSE IN LAW OFFICES?

First it was Mia, now it's Mystery Person in Edgeworth's Office...

:notes: Do not visit a laywer. Ever. You will die.

Signature and avatar by Mme. Vicki.

What is my liiiife?!?

Gosh, you guys can't tell if I'm joking or not. XD

Moving on up!

Gerkuman wrote:
Gosh, you guys can't tell if I'm joking or not. XD

That's the funny thing about the internet and written communication in general. There is no inflection in the words; therefore, it is almost impossible (in some cases) to tell if some is being serious or saying something in jest. It happens to all of us at sometime.

Although, I do have to say, I did think it was odd that you would say something like that since your Moderator.

Would you like to see my mask?

Lunaria42 wrote:
crouton wrote:
LOL, Office Space reference. XD

Payne is there Milton after all.

"That's it. That's the last straw."

Even with a functional knowledge of basic Japanese playing a video game with as much text as Gyakuten Anything--and this is pun-riddled, verbose, technical text--would be extremely taxing. I don't even know if Furigana would be included. I'm in Japanese 313 and I still stare blankly at the majority of upper-elementary-school Kanji. And damn, looking up Kanji without Furigana in the Nelson dictionary takes forfuckingever. That would get old fast if you had to do that for every Kanji.

If you're not at least nearing proficiency in Japanese, I would consider waiting on ordering the Japanese version of Gyakuten Kenji. It would be an excellent challenge for those with a high level of reading comprehension, but if you're just now entering Japanese 101, I would SERIOUSLY consider saving your money until you're more fluent.

Any motivation to advance one's knowledge is a good motivation.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Trench Kamen wrote:
Even with a functional knowledge of basic Japanese playing a video game with as much text as Gyakuten Anything--and this is pun-riddled, verbose, technical text--would be extremely taxing. I don't even know if Furigana would be included. I'm in Japanese 313 and I still stare blankly at the majority of upper-elementary-school Kanji. And damn, looking up Kanji without Furigana in the Nelson dictionary takes forfuckingever. That would get old fast if you had to do that for every Kanji.

The Gyakuten games do not use Furigana (there's no way it would be legible in the tiny text box) though I noticed in GS4 that they often repeated some of the more complicated words in Katakana. I think this was part of their attempt to make AJ as widely accessible as possible. Not sure if they could go that route with Kenji (unless you had Gumshoe/Mikumo asking Edgeworth to explain things XD).

But, if you're looking for an alternative to a classic kanji dictionary, I highly recommend this DS dictionary which allows you to write the kanji on your screen to find the meaning. You have to understand a few things about stroke order to really use it well, but I absolutely love it.

'Course, since it's a DS game you couldn't use it while playing Kenji unless you've got two. :sawit:
ImageImage

Moving on up!

Croik wrote:

But, if you're looking for an alternative to a classic kanji dictionary, I highly recommend this DS dictionary which allows you to write the kanji on your screen to find the meaning. You have to understand a few things about stroke order to really use it well, but I absolutely love it.

'Course, since it's a DS game you couldn't use it while playing Kenji unless you've got two. :sawit:

I might have to get that either way. (I'll translate those art books one character at time!)

操纵距离程度的能力

Croik wrote:
Trench Kamen wrote:

The Gyakuten games do not use Furigana (there's no way it would be legible in the tiny text box) though I noticed in GS4 that they often repeated some of the more complicated words in Katakana. I think this was part of their attempt to make AJ as widely accessible as possible. Not sure if they could go that route with Kenji (unless you had Gumshoe/Mikumo asking Edgeworth to explain things XD).

Can I take it as Katakana and Furigana are easy to learn and if I start to learn the language now, maybe I can understand the main idea of Japanese texts when GK comes out? O_o *really start to think about it*
You can call me whatever you want:3

I'll ship who I want to :D

HAHA This is reminding me of that one time I bought Petshop of Horrors manga in japanese, since it hadn't been translated at the time (it has since then) and it is my all time favorite thing ever.

Anyway, I sat there staring at a japanese to english dictionary, translating the darn little symbols one character at a time.. and it took me over an hour to do this. The phrase I wound up translating? "oh shit" lol

I know there's no possibility of me being able to play this game, I have only the basic grasp of the Japanese language, and have only taken a year of it, LONG long ago

Maybe I'll just hang out with you guys after it's release, and spoil myself silly...

My OTP of OTP's. <3

Croik wrote:

Hey, that's the dictionary that I bought for my husband. :edgy: He loves it!

I still plan on fumbling my way through GK, with my limited Japanese and all. Hell, I've played RPG's in Japanese before so... I'm ready for the challenge. ^_^
Thanks to .•°٭blinq٭°•. for the lovely sig. ♥
"Note to Self: Don't get in crouton's way when it comes to Edgeworth. She WILL bite." - PhoenixFire

Moving on up!

crouton wrote:
Hell, I've played RPG's in Japanese before so... I'm ready for the challenge. ^_^

The only Japanese games I've played are the second Mario Bros. game (not a problem considering there isn't really a story or alot of text involved) and DoReMi Panic on virutal console. That one is a little more problemmatic since I don't read Japanese and had to basically guess at the story plot or look on Game Faqs to figure out how to beat some of the bosses. The game provides hints, but like I said their in Japanese.

My OTP of OTP's. <3

Lunaria42 wrote:
The only Japanese games I've played are the second Mario Bros. game (not a problem considering there isn't really a story or alot of text involved) and DoReMi Panic on virutal console. That one is a little more problemmatic since I don't read Japanese and had to basically guess at the story plot or look on Game Faqs to figure out how to beat some of the bosses. The game provides hints, but like I said their in Japanese.

I have a Japanese PS2, so I have a few JP games for it. Para Para Paradise, all of the Xenosaga series, Namco X Capcom and Zombies vs. Ambulances. XD (Worst game ever, but it's hilarious. XD) I've also played some Japanese games on my DS as well. The Japanese PS2 is handy as a DVD player as well, for import DVD's. ^_^

So... bring on Gyakuten Kenji!! XD
(And hopefully I'll be living in Japan by the time GK comes out, so being immersed in Japanese should help me improve my skills as well. ^_^;;)
"Note to Self: Don't get in crouton's way when it comes to Edgeworth. She WILL bite." - PhoenixFire

Moving on up!

crouton wrote:
Zombies vs. Ambulances. XD (Worst game ever, but it's hilarious. XD)

Sounds like something my husband would play.

crouton wrote:
So... bring on Gyakuten Kenji!! XD
(And hopefully I'll be living in Japan by the time GK comes out, so being immersed in Japanese should help me improve my skills as well. ^_^;;)

Why will you be moving? You can be our other GS spy in the land of the rising sun.

My OTP of OTP's. <3

Lunaria42 wrote:
crouton wrote:
Zombies vs. Ambulances. XD (Worst game ever, but it's hilarious. XD)

Sounds like something my husband would play.

Well, it was my husband's idea to buy it... It must be a dude thing. ^_^;;

Lunaria42 wrote:
Why will you be moving? You can be our other GS spy in the land of the rising sun.

I've wanted to live in Japan for YEARS. After finally going there this spring, it confirmed my lust to live there. (And my husband's as well.) So, my husband and I both got certified to teach English as a Second Language, and we're going to be English teachers. :edgy: (It seems to be the easiest way to get over there right now, the jobs are plentiful.) We hope to be there by the end of the year/January.

But yes, I will definitely keep my eye out for other Gyakuten Saiban news when I am there. :D Even though we already have awesome people like JapaneseGIRL who keep us up to date. (And I thank you for it!! <3)

Would you like to see my mask?

crouton wrote:
Croik wrote:

Hey, that's the dictionary that I bought for my husband. :edgy: He loves it!

I have that dictionary as well. I love it. It's not as thorough as the Nelson, and the teacher wants us to write down the Nelson # for the Kanji to make sure we used the dictionary (So. Pointless.), but it's hugely useful nonetheless.
火曜日 wrote:
Can I take it as Katakana and Furigana are easy to learn and if I start to learn the language now, maybe I can understand the main idea of Japanese texts when GK comes out? O_o *really start to think about it*

Hmm. Well, in the first place, Furigana is merely Hiragana that is written above Kanji as a pronunciation guide, so you would in fact be learning Hiragana and Katakana. And I have no idea. How fast are you at learning?

nuuuuu, stoooooop

I think I heard once that it's easier to learn Japanese if you know Chinese than it is to learn Chinese if you know Japanese. But I don't know Chinese at all so I dunno!
ImageImage

操纵距离程度的能力

Trench Kamen wrote:
Hmm. Well, in the first place, Furigana is merely Hiragana that is written above Kanji as a pronunciation guide, so you would in fact be learning Hiragana and Katakana. And I have no idea. How fast are you at learning?

Oh I see...so Furigana is like phonetic symbol in English. Interesting.O_o

Well...they only foreign language I've learned is English so it's kind of hard to tell, but usually I can learn pretty fast if I have a good guide. So teaching metirials maybe very helpful.

Croik wrote:
I think I heard once that it's easier to learn Japanese if you know Chinese than it is to learn Chinese if you know Japanese. But I don't know Chinese at all so I dunno!

I don't know...technically, all Kanji are Chinese characters and most of them are in the same meaning, but I will still have to learn hiragana and katakana...and I heard Japanese gramma is pretty weird.^-^''

But yeah,I will start to learn it right now.> <How can I achieve my goal if I never start? :redd:
You can call me whatever you want:3

My OTP of OTP's. <3

火曜日 wrote:
I don't know...technically, all Kanji are Chinese characters and most of them are in the same meaning, but I will still have to learn hiragana and katakana...and I heard Japanese gramma is pretty weird.^-^''

But yeah,I will start to learn it right now.> <How can I achieve my goal if I never start? :redd:

Hiragana and Katakana are really easy. If I can learn them, you can learn them. :edgy: I bought myself a set of flash cards and learned that way. And since you already know Chinese characters... well, that's a LOT of the battle right there. ^_^;;
Page 2 of 2 [ 62 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » General » Trial Minutes