Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 58 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Last Window is out! Buy it!Topic%20Title

nuuuuu, stoooooop

I know you're all still excited over TGS, but don't forget that Hotel Dusk's sequel, Last Window, is now out in Europe! To celebrate I've done some updating to WHAT A!?, CR's mini Kyle site, to include Last Window characters and information. It still has a few bugs that need to be worked out such as the gallery being down, and there are SPOILERS on the timeline page, but if nothing else, take a listen to the soundtrack (provided by our friend Bolt Storm).

If you're in Europe make sure you buy a copy! And if you're not, why not import? Please support what could be Kyle Hyde's last adventure!

-Croik
-----

Also, I'd especially like to thank L~A, and Pdonkeh for their help with the forum banner to celebrate Last Window's release. L~A wrote the questions in our interactive quiz. And Pdonkeh was kind enough to commission for us a Hotel Dusk style Game Show Host Edgeworth. You can check out Pdonkeh's gallery on her Deviant Art Page.

-Wooster
ImageImage
Re: Last Window is out! Buy it!Topic%20Title

Idol of Polar Bears

I pre-ordered but Play Asia hasn't shipped my copy yet. :edgeworth:

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Mr. Bear Jew wrote:

Presumably, The shipment is still on its way from Europe to their Asian headquarters, from there its another seaward voyage to sell in North America.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Idol of Polar Bears

So, does that mean my approximate 5-10 day shipping plan will take 5-10 days from Europe to Asia then 5-10 days from Asia to North America?

PCHOOO

I haven't been paying attention to Last Window news lately. Are we getting an American release? I will absolutely buy it in that case, but I'd rather not import.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Re: Shipping.
I wouldn't presume to know when Play Asia is getting the game in their warehouses, but I do know that Last Window is on back-order.

Re: NA Release
There's recent suggestions that the game is coming to Australia, but I can say with great assurance that it's not coming to NA. It's not filed for copy protection, that's the surest early sign that any company is serious about distribution. Add to it that the previous game published by Nintendo of Europe didn't hit the states, then you've got precedent for the game not being released in North America.

PCHOOO

Damn that sucks. Well I'll have to think about it, but I don't think I'm going to end up getting it. I liked Hotel Dusk, but $50+ is pretty steep for as short a game experience as it is.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Regy Rusty wrote:
Damn that sucks. Well I'll have to think about it, but I don't think I'm going to end up getting it. I liked Hotel Dusk, but $50+ is pretty steep for as short a game experience as it is.

But come on! It's got Kyle Hyde. Kyle Hyde with a SAXOPHONE! What can be more awesome then that?

Do you Want a Buffet Coupon?

i want to have a copy too. :( :eh?:
Image Be Positive at All Tyms!

Call me Ishmael.

I've already finished 4 chapters, heh. It's awesome.

Love the new banner!
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

The Twisted Samurai

Awesome new banner, if I am lucky I get to play it next week though :sadshoe:
But I have little problems with the banner. the two left answers can be clicked, also they are covered by Edgey.
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

That hotel dusk style Edgey rocks!
Still haven't finished hotel dusk...

Quote:
Still haven't finished hotel dusk...

Well then, I'd suggest you avoid trying to answer the questions, as some of them are quite spoilery...

Quote:
Awesome new banner, if I am lucky I get to play it next week though :sadshoe:
But I have little problems with the banner. the two left answers can be clicked, also they are covered by Edgey.

Why only next week? If it's because you haven't received LW, don't worry, there's almost no question about LW in there.
Yeah, looks like some questions look a bit fuzzy, that's because some of the answers were a tad too long... I didn't quite know how long they should've been, but I tried to make them as short as possible, but looks like some of them were still too long. Blah.
Though, I don't have any excuse for the typos that are left. Shame on me. Good thing Franziska isn't here :o

Quote:

Well, maybe you can find someone who lives in Europe, who can order it for you and then send it to you for free? (just the shipping, not the game, of course).

Quote:
There's recent suggestions that the game is coming to Australia, but I can say with great assurance that it's not coming to NA.

Well, technically, Australia is part of Europe, according to Nintendo :p
It'd be great if at least they got the game (especially considering they never got PW3).

Quote:

Well, so far there's nothing to worry about, it's perfectly normal. In my experience, Play-Asia has never shipped games on Day 1, but always on the following day. But in that case, since they're not open in the week-end, that means the game won't be shipped before Monday... at least. I don't know how long it will take them to get the copies, though. Mailing them wouldn't do any good, you'd get a canned answer like: 'We are doing our best to secure this item, blablabla...'

Anyway, when they do have it, it should take less than a week for you to get it (depends on where you live, too).

Edit: for those who ordered the game on Play-Asia, they will have it in stock on the 20th... that is, next Monday! (you should update your post with that tidbit of info, maybe?)
ImageImageImage

Last edited by L~A on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

世界中

So it's finally out! I'll probably be picking up my copy one way or another.
I love the new banner! Had a lot of fun answering the questions.

L~A wrote:
Quote:
There's recent suggestions that the game is coming to Australia, but I can say with great assurance that it's not coming to NA.

Well, technically, Australia is part of Europe, according to Nintendo :p
It'd be great if at least them got the game (especially considering the never got PW3).

I sure fricking hope so

I've just found some gorgeous wallpapers on Nintendo of Europe's Last Window mini-site. Click on the 'wallpaper' button on this page, if you want to celebrate the release of Cing's last game! You can also get to listen some extract from the wonderful soundtrack of the game, composed by the as-much-awesome Satoshi Okubo.
ImageImageImage

The Twisted Samurai

I meant that I can't play LW until next week...

世界中

L~A wrote:
I've just found some gorgeous wallpapers on Nintendo of Europe's Last Window mini-site. Click on the 'wallpaper' button on this page, if you want to celebrate the release of Cing's last game! You can also get to listen some extract from the wonderful soundtrack of the game, composed by the as-much-awesome Satoshi Okubo.

I'm sure that those have been there for a while :phoenix:

earthlings on fire

Unnghh, I just bought a crapload of DS games and don't really feel like spending so much more on another one... ;_;

I'm sad now.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

Might get this, but I'll just order it from Amazon's UK site. I've bought stuff from there and Amazon Japan before, so...

Yup, but while most items can be shipped outside the EU on any Amazon website, unfortunately, it's not the case of video-games. It's the same on Amazon France, UK,etc... As far as I know, Play-Asia is pretty much the only website where the games can be shipped outside the EU, the US/Australia/whatever.

That is, unless you have a friend in Europe who can send the game back to you (that's how Wooster got Another Code: R), or if you use another trick I don't know about to bypass Amazon's restrictions...
ImageImageImage

Oh, I see. I wasn't aware of that. However, I have never used Play Asia before, so I don't really know if they're reliable or not.

Yes, pretty much. I've ordered plenty of stuff on Play-Asia, and I've never encountered any problem (actually, it's where I bought 75% of my games on DS). They're pretty reliable. And anyway, I don't think Wooster and Croik would encourage people to buy on PA if it wasn't a reliable website.
ImageImageImage

I am currently at Chapter Three ^^.........i need more time to play. I am too busy T_T

The Magatama of Truth!

I wish my copy would hurry up and come already! I can't wait to play it!!!! I'm so glad we can get it despite the fact Cinq is now bankrupt! I feared that we would never see it out of Japan! But we can, so hurray!
Signature thanks to the brilliant SnowWright (thank you so much!)

1000% Knight

I love the banner and game show stuff...

but still don't like having stuff on the right side >_> And the font used for thread titles is really distracting
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

The Twisted Samurai

Bad Player wrote:

but still don't like having stuff on the right side >_> And the font used for thread titles is really distracting

I agree, also that you can't read the names THAT good is quite nerving, so I'll stay with the GK style

nuuuuu, stoooooop

On the subject of Play-Asia itself, I've used it for a ton of importing. It's how I got my Japanese copy of Last Window, and several of the prizes we've used for CR contests. I've never had a problem with them (though things can take a while to ship if you choose the cheapest method).
ImageImage

I'm a Zebra, betch~

I had to download Firefox just so I could take the quiz. XDDD WORTH IT!

Speaking of which, is there going to be a winter banner for CR? I totally want to make one. XD

Failed epically at that quiz. Never played the game... D: I'd buy it, but I'm broke lmao.
I'm a Zebra, betch, and don't you forget it~

Chaos wolf

PlayAsia is good for importing stuff, although I do it less now from there because most of my stuff has to be US in origin rather than worldwide. My copy of LW turned up yesterday (hooray!) but I'm putting it aside at the moment as I'm playing through the new Layton game (booo!)...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

360 gamertag: Mayhem64

Wow, looks like I'll have to use Play Asia for this one then, since it does seem that you can buy games from Amazon's UK site :/

Definitely going on my Christmas shopping list, since this sounds like a good game and I loved the atmosphere of these series in general.

:)

I motherfucking love the layout <33

nuuuuu, stoooooop

EmilyMarkham wrote:
Speaking of which, is there going to be a winter banner for CR? I totally want to make one. XD

We change banners whenever the spirit moves us. You're welcome to submit something.
ImageImage

Hi everybody. I have a spoiler-free question abou last Window: i know probably there won't be any other games in the series so I was wondering if this game does hint to a sequel or if it is perfectly enjoable by itself. Thank you!

...Hopefully someday... xD

Will do, boss!

Sheeshh...THE day became sooner than I thought...
Serieously, how it is 20th of 9th allready?!

Meh...Now I have a reson to visit a bigger city, since it's out.
*sigh* ...And there goes the money I have again...
I swear it...From day after day I'm having better understatemnt of Gumshoes feelngs...
ImageImageImageImage

nuuuuu, stoooooop

boofboof wrote:
Hi everybody. I have a spoiler-free question abou last Window: i know probably there won't be any other games in the series so I was wondering if this game does hint to a sequel or if it is perfectly enjoable by itself. Thank you!

The ending of the game is about as closed as Hotel Dusk was. As in, there could easily be more, but all the most important threads have been tied off.
ImageImage

THANK YOU!

Just beat the game today. Really awesome, I think I like it even more than the first game.
One Question: What exactly is the reward for beating the game without using the "confidential files" at the end of each chapter?

Bad Player wrote:

The problem I had was that the game show banner was completely blocking the ability to hit the [user control panel] link to switch back. (I flicked off images and javascript and got to it, but it was kind of annoying.) I find the newer styles take up ridiculous amounts of screen real estate; I don't mind the changing themes but I like the compactness of the old ones.

Call me Ishmael.

I've finished the game. I can recommend it to anyone who fancies themselves a good mystery, but especially fans of Hotel Dusk.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Lusankya wrote:
Just beat the game today. Really awesome, I think I like it even more than the first game.
One Question: What exactly is the reward for beating the game without using the "confidential files" at the end of each chapter?

When I beat the game I got
Spoiler:
an Epilogue chapter and the Pinkie Rabbit and 9-Ball minigames
. I never even knew there were any confidential files until after I beat it.
Page 1 of 2 [ 58 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes