Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 72 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

UMvC3: Phoenix's alt colors revealedTopic%20Title

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Alternate colors of Phoenix, Maya and Missile are up
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Missile pretty much matches the alts Ammy got.

I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.
Re: UMvC3: Phoenix Wright officially revealedTopic%20Title

Jammin' like it's 2024

That is amazing, never expected a Ghost Trick reference to get thrown in there! :D
Does we even do these things anymore?

Deputy of Self-Esteem

For me, the only surprise was Gumshoe as Phoenix's alt.

Though, to me, what's interesting are the costumes that didn't make it in:

Hobohodo, College Phoenix, and Tigre. (And Apollo, but that's my personal vendetta)

Tigre in particular strikes me as curious, first because an alt skin would be trivial so it's absence is a tell, second he'd arguably fit into this game better then Phoenix himself. I'd put money down that he's Phoenix's downloadable costume. Viola would be an immediate consideration for Maya, so that'd be easy.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Re: UMvC3: Phoenix's alt colors revealedTopic%20Title

Do your best, Nick. Hee... hee... hee...

Hey, I was right about Larry and Gumshoe. Really surprised to see Godot but not Apollo, that's strange. And it seems like it'd make a lot more sense to pair Kay with Edgeworth and Mia with Godot. Still, they all look pretty great

LuigiHann wrote:
And it seems like it'd make a lot more sense to pair Kay with Edgeworth and Mia with Godot.

Agreed. I really like how Franzy Maya came out. Plus the Larry Nick looks like a younger Damon Gant. That's pretty great.

Seems odd there's no Apollo/Trucy combo, but I guess they're just trying to forget AJ ever happened.

Wooster wrote:

Hobohodo, College Phoenix, and Tigre.

Hobo Phoenix or College Phoenix would probably be his DLC costume. In that case, they would probably give Maya a Trucy costume for Hobo Nick and for College Nick.....Iris maybe?

They include the Ghost Trick cast but not Apollo?

I'm officially assuming now that Capcom hates Apollo Justice. :| (Either that or they're planning a gigantic comeback for him.)

Tea time.

If anything I'm more stunned that they gave some recognition to an AAI exclusive character at all.

This is my Path, my Dream, my Choice

Not too bad...It could've been worse. The Lynne and Sissel combo is pretty good.

**Special Thanks to Dekuran for the Awesome Siggy and Nadindi for the Cool Avatar!**

The reflection upon your soul

FlameInferno wrote:
The Lynne and Sissel combo is pretty good.

Lynne, Sissel AND Chibiterasu :keiko: ... man, now i need a new console...

Yeah, I'm confused about some of the alternate colors, shouldn't Godot be with Mia, Edgeworth with Kay, and Gumshoe with Maggey? That would leave Larry and Franziska on the same team though, and you know how much she hates Larry. :< The Sissel and Lynne team is awesome though.
:edgeworth: OBJECTION!

GHOST TRICK COLOR ALTS WITH AMATERASU COLOR FOR MISSILE.

THIS GAME WINS. FOREVER. I WILL NEVER USE ANOTHER COLOR.
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Primal wrote:
Yeah, I'm confused about some of the alternate colors, shouldn't Godot be with Mia, Edgeworth with Kay, and Gumshoe with Maggey? That would leave Larry and Franziska on the same team though, and you know how much she hates Larry. :< The Sissel and Lynne team is awesome though.

Well the colors need to coordinate with each other. It'd be weird seeing Gumshoe green with Maggey orange. Matching the alts to the pairings in the game is not how you guys should be looking at these.

Yeah, I was thinking that it might be for the color matches. :yuusaku:
:edgeworth: OBJECTION!

What the hell?

They'll put in Ghost Trick alternate outfits, but they won't put in an Apollo and Trucy alternate outift?

I guess Capcom really does hate Apollo Justice. :sadshoe:

But then again, they didn't put in the Feenie sweater or Furio Tigre as alternate outfits, so maybe if we show enough support, they'll be put in the game as DLC?

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Cronos wrote:
What the hell?

They'll put in Ghost Trick alternate outfits, but they won't put in an Apollo and Trucy alternate outift?

But then again, they didn't put in the Feenie sweater or Furio Tigre as alternate outfits, so maybe if we show enough support, they'll be put in the game as DLC?

People get so worked up over colors. For DLC it'll most likely be Hobo Phoenix and Trucy, or Feenie and Dahlia. Both of those are geometric changes to the character models themselves.

Furio Tigre and Apollo won't be since Tigre is essentially just a red recolor and changing Phoenix's model to be Apollo just doesn't make any sense. Maya's Viola scheme would be too similar with Mia's anyway.

Blak The Great wrote:
Cronos wrote:
What the hell?

People get so worked up over colors. For DLC it'll most likely be Hobo Phoenix and Trucy, or Feenie and Dahlia. Both of those are geometric changes to the character models themselves.

Furio Tigre and Apollo won't be since Tigre is essentially just a red recolor and changing Phoenix's model to be Apollo just doesn't make any sense. Maya's Viola scheme would be too similar with Mia's anyway.

I'm okay with a hobo Phoenix outfit. I was just displaying my shock that Cpacom would give Phoenix a Ghost Trick alternate outfit instead of the Feenie sweater or the hobo outfit.

Oh well. The alternate costumes are still pretty cool. And theres a good chance that Feenie and Hobo Nick will become DLC. So it's all good.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Sissel/Lynne alts made me smile, though it would have been nice if they'd been able to turn Missile into Ghost Trick's Missile for that.

Poor Apollo and Trucy, though. It's not like Apollo's hair is any more of a mismatch than Sissel's.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Do your best, Nick. Hee... hee... hee...

Do DLC costumes have their own sets of alternate colors? I would expect Hobo Phoenix as an alternate costume, with the pink heart sweater as a retextured color-swap of that outfit if possible. That seems more likely to me than the reverse, because covering his hair with the hat would make for the more interesting physical distinction.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

LuigiHann wrote:
Do DLC costumes have their own sets of alternate colors? I would expect Hobo Phoenix as an alternate costume, with the pink heart sweater as a retextured color-swap of that outfit if possible. That seems more likely to me than the reverse, because covering his hair with the hat would make for the more interesting physical distinction.

SSFIV get alt colors for their special costumes, but MVC does not. We got a dlc costume pack about a month after vanilla came out but there were no alt colors for them. Not sure if this issue is addressed in this iteration, but hopefully they change that. Nitsuma already said he plans on giving each character at least one special costume.

Monkey with a gun

I LOVE the color's, Wright and Viewtiful Joe are so far the ONLY Capcom character's whose ALL Color's are References in the Series. Ghost Trick color's was utter Beautiful!

The pairing's had their reasons, mostly for color.

Edgeworth and Mia = The OBVIOUS Color scheme

Gumshoe and Franny = Why not, Makes sense in a certain degree, especially since Franny Pushes Gumshoe to make sure he does it right.

Godot and Kay = Considering that Edgy and Mia were together for Obviousness, this is pretty much whats left over, and makes sense, as both character's pop out of nowhere, and then appear Important to the major plot out of freakin nowhere.

Larry and Tres bian Outfit = Larry had to be here somewhere, in a sense, you could think its Furio and the Tres bian outfit would make even more sense.

The main reason,Most likely, that Apollo was left out, was probably because they wanna save Trucy and Hobo Wright as Special alt. (Or Wright can be Apollo), then again, another possible Alt. is Pheeny and Iris. Whatever it is, ill be happy regardless.
You guys think that Missle would most likely be GT's Missle as an alt right?

Call me Ishmael.

These are awesome. I prefer the Mia & Edgeworth skins.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

The Law 'Shark'

Hotdiddykong wrote:
You guys think that Missle would most likely be GT's Missle as an alt right?

Amaterasu is actually Missile's alt for this particular alt set. XD
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

Gettin' Old!

Wow that Ghost Trick set is immense! Though wouldn't it have made sense to colour missile....y'know...Missile's colour from Ghost Trick?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Because Missile is the same color as Missile?

Gettin' Old!

Wooster wrote:
Because Missile is the same color as Missile?

I....I....ergh....

So...think he'll be a Pomeranian in a DLC costume?
Or at least fluffier to emulate Ghost Trick's missile?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

PL vs PW <33

squeee alt colours look great (though kinda weird to see Maya with White hair XD)! As has been said, kinda weird with the pairing though, Mia with Edgeworth and Kay with Godot (I wasn't expecting Kay at all XD). I suppose the Mia and Edgeworth one was 'cause they're both in the first game, and Kay got paired with Godot as misc leftover characters? Maggey should also be with Gumshoe!

Apollo gets no love, I'm surprised at the Ghost Trick one (and happy about it), it gets more love than Apollo and Trucy. Although I love the Ammy skin for Missile, I wish the Missile with the GT set was slightly closer to the GT Missile (like the one on the Maggey-Butz set)
Phoenix: "You know my strategy. Speak first, think later!"
devART:.:My wallpapers:.:My comics/fanart:.:Sprite edits:.:Objection font

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

MapleRose wrote:
squeee alt colours look great (though kinda weird to see Maya with White hair XD)! As has been said, kinda weird with the pairing though, Mia with Edgeworth and Kay with Godot (I wasn't expecting Kay at all XD). I suppose the Mia and Edgeworth one was 'cause they're both in the first game, and Kay got paired with Godot as misc leftover characters? Maggey should also be with Gumshoe!

Apollo gets no love, I'm surprised at the Ghost Trick one (and happy about it), it gets more love than Apollo and Trucy. Although I love the Ammy skin for Missile, I wish the Missile with the GT set was slightly closer to the GT Missile (like the one on the Maggey-Butz set)

Missile with Maggey and Larry is pink... GT Missile was never pink he was the same color as default Missile which was light brown with a white chest.

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

I would be lying if I was saying that I wasn't very disappointed in Capcom. Just when they somewhat regained my respect again, they go and do... this... Which makes me rather sure that I am not going to play Phoenix with an alternate skin on. Ever.

*)Edgey + Mia/ Godot + Kay: This can only be a mistake. Everyone who knows the characters knows that this just makes no sense and it's weird. Though, this isn't what really bugs me, I just found it worth mentioning...

*) Why is there a Gumshoe Skin? OK, Larry, I can get, but why Gumshoe? It just seems like an unlikely, bland skin to put in... especially considering...

*)...No AJ characters are in. OK. This is what is actually the whole source of my anger right now and the other things are more like nitpicks. It just makes me clench teeth, ball my hands to fists and gives my inner fangirl the urge to punch something that they deny the existence of that game, yet again.

Yes, AJ had the most forced plot in the main series. Yes, what happened to Nick was painful and made me cry. Yes, the cases had some great logical flaws in there and some of the side characters were bland.

HOWEVER AJ had a great, lovable set of main characters, and I can't stand Capcom leaving them orphaned like this, like an unloved stepchild, pushed aside and left to fade away slowly and die! This is cowardly, uncreative and irresponsible and makes my inner writer scream! Give them some love! I don't care what you do, I'm even fine with a reboot of the AJ-storyline which does not include painfully forced Saiban-In-System Propaganda or disbared lawyers shedding their whole identity, I just want Apollo, Trucy and Klavier to be saved from oblivion! They grew on me and letting them fall into the darkness of retconnecting for all eternity seems cruel and undeserved! Heck, I'd even be fine with GS1-3/GK-era case that features LittleOrphan!Polly, as long as they don't just erase his existence entirely like this! It hurts!

Wheew... Long rant, short point:

There should have been an Apollo or Hobo Costume in there and a Trucy Costume for Maya and I see NO good reason why there is not, other than Capcom being uninformed chickens who only pay the fanbase a look once every three years.

...Alright. I let off steam now. I am good.

*) Last Nitpick: As much as I love Ghost Trick and want to hug Lynne and Sissel into oblivion, Sissel' color scheme on Nick just hurts my eyes, I can't help it. Same with Maya. Maya's Kay costume and Nick's Larry Costume are also boarderline painful, but Sissel and Lynne are worse. They should have muted the colors a bit or something. This way, I can't look at them for longer than a few seconds.

So, yeah... What's good?

Well, Missle as Amaterasu is just adorable and I love Maya's costumes and find it cute how they put Kay in, even if she is missplaced. :maya: Also, Mayaziska von Fey for the Win!

P.S.: My complaints about no AJ Costumes are null and void if, and only IF they have the decency to make them downloadables instead.

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Ah cute, and a fun way to show that Phoenix only looks good in blue (and maybe Gumshoe green).

I quite like Maya as a ginge though.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Neni wrote:
*)Edgey + Mia/ Godot + Kay: This can only be a mistake. Everyone who knows the characters knows that this just makes no sense and it's weird. Though, this isn't what really bugs me, I just found it worth mentioning...

There should have been an Apollo or Hobo Costume in there and a Trucy Costume for Maya and I see NO good reason why there is not, other than Capcom being uninformed chickens who only pay the fanbase a look once every three years.

P.S.: My complaints about no AJ Costumes are null and void if, [b] and only IF they have the decency to make them downloadables instead[/b].

*sigh* There are plans for at least one special costume for each character so calm down. This has already been addressed.

As for Edgey + Mia/ Godot + Kay, yes the pairings are weird but they're really just colors and they're not actual character model changes so there's no need to cry about something so minute.

Edit: I suppose I need to stop lurking the UMVC threads. Seeing the same complaints brings out the worst in me :yuusaku:

Gettin' Old!

Quote:

Or Capcom is actually very well informed of the fanbase and is using it to troll GodotxMia and EdgeyxKay (eww) shippers.

Though sorry MVC3 has a very.....extreme thing for colour, Taskmaster's PURE ORANGE alt costume hurts my eyes a bit so I feel your pain on the larry colouring. Though personally I think Gumshoe is more deserving of an alt than Larry. Also Gumshoe's alt makes me think more of....Gregory Edgeworth.

Meh and I like the stylish use of colour on his Ghost trick alt, it'll probably be the one I use.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Blak The Great wrote:
*sigh* There are plans for at least one special costume for each character so calm down. This has already been addressed.

As for Edgey + Mia/ Godot + Kay, yes the pairings are weird but they're really just colors and they're not actual character model changes so there's no need to cry about something so minute.

Edit: I suppose I need to stop lurking the UMVC threads. Seeing the same complaints brings out the worst in me :yuusaku:

I'm sorry, I didn't want to upset anybody with my fangirl rant. I am just sad, because I sympathize so much with the characters in all the games and thus can't stand seeing them ignored, I guess... :sadshoe:

Edit: Also, Ema isn't there either... Huh, why a Tres Bien Uniform, but not Ema? She'd have been easy on the eye...

...I get a feeling that the costumes were concipated to be as attention seeking as possible on purpose... :yuusaku:

That would explain no Trucy. Blue Black White is a rather tame combo...

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Gettin' Old!

Neni wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:

I'm sorry, I didn't want to upset anybody with my fangirl rant. I am just sad, because I sympathize so much with the characters in all the games and thus can't stand seeing them ignored, I guess... :sadshoe:

Hey perk up Neni XD
The fact Phoenix got in over Megaman (who was positioned above him in the polls also unless he turns out to be DLC/a big secret) shows they are considering them. Besides hey it's still a reference to them even if it's not done entirely right we all know what those colours allude too.

The fact they'd even put Phoenix Wright in a major mainstream product like this is a sign that they are watching him. I'm guessing sales of UMvC3 will probably have a large part in determining Phoenix's future.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Neni wrote:

It's fine, it's just seeing the same issues brought up even after they're explained can be a little... detrimental to my sanity. Don't worry, the AJ will be represented as DLC sometime in the future. UMVC3 will see more support from Capcom than vanilla ever did.

Also, Pierre has more patience and compassion than I do, so props are in order.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Do we know roughly when the Downloadable costumes will be announced?

Though, I'm unsure why I'm so interested in all this. I'm not a fighting game fan by any means, and have no intent to buy it.

Gettin' Old!

Wooster wrote:
Do we know roughly when the Downloadable costumes will be announced?

Though, I'm unsure why I'm so interested in all this. I'm not a fighting game fan by any means, and have no intent to buy it.

Aww man but it's the first product to have Phoenix in it (and 'technically' starring in it since he's a new guy) we've had for a long time, at least rent it or see if you can borrow it from a friend just to try Phoenix out.

*Wild guessing* Though I imagine DLC costumes would come a bit after the game's actual release maybe the first pack like in a month?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Wooster wrote:

Either curiousity, Wooster, or you are, like me, still hoping that Apollo gets his well deserved pat on the head somewhere along the line.

Or both. It's possible.

Though, I gotta say, you awesome people made me feel a whole lot more hopeful again already. I'll just be here, patient, wait for the time of ultimate appreciation of all branches of the franchise to come. :keiko:

I'm back except not really~

Love all of 'em. Where does Missile appear in this game, anyway?
I have proclaimed myself Sovereign of the 922 Universes. Because I can.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Reyson Incarnate wrote:
Love all of 'em. Where does Missile appear in this game, anyway?

He's an attack that Phoenix performs as an assist.
Page 1 of 2 [ 72 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes