Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 9 of 9[ 348 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Re: Gyakuten Saiban 5 announced, and Gyakuten Saiban 123HDTopic%20Title

ADA McCoy wrote:
I'm surprised they haven't announced an actual release date yet. I wonder when they will announce it.

I'm not surprised, seeing as how the game is still on the first case (and weren't we told that it's 30% done?).

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Reimitsurugi wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:
I'm surprised they haven't announced an actual release date yet. I wonder when they will announce it.

I'm not surprised, seeing as how the game is still on the first case (and weren't we told that it's 30% done?).

Oops sorry I was talking about Phoenix Wright Trilogy HD iOS
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

ADA McCoy wrote:
Reimitsurugi wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

Oops sorry I was talking about Phoenix Wright Trilogy HD iOS

Oh, expect it between the iPhone 5's conference and its release, seeing as how they might use it as an indirect means of marketing (have a brand new iPhone? PLAY OUR GAME!).

Reimitsurugi wrote:
Oh, expect it between the iPhone 5's conference and its release, seeing as how they might use it as an indirect means of marketing (have a brand new iPhone? PLAY OUR GAME!).

Oh yeah I totally forgot that conference was happening.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

A second slowing factor is the review process, sometimes approval is quick, sometimes it isn't. You can't really pin point that unless you over compensate.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Programmer

What if they just chose to not show the other cases because they want them to be a surprise?
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Deputy of Self-Esteem

They aren't. Or at the very least, once purchased you can jump into any case and any part. Meaning, after buying, you can go right into the final cross examination of GS3-5. If memory serves, the parts are dimmed and unenterable until purchase.

henke37 wrote:
What if they just chose to not show the other cases because they want them to be a surprise?

How can they be a surprise, considering the "age" of the PW games? I'm sure people have seen PW for the DS or stumbled over playthroughs of the cases on YT. It's not like HD are gonna have super new cases for surprises. (Although that would be cool)

C-A

Deputy of Self-Esteem

That's not a particularly valid comparison. That assums that the players are fans of the series, and further played them all. Age isn't relevant if you've never heard of the series before. I mean, consider how most of us were introduced to the main series on the DS, the fact that try existed on the GBA years ago had little relevance. It's the same thing here.

Wooster wrote:
They aren't. Or at the very least, once purchased you can jump into any case and any part. Meaning, after buying, you can go right into the final cross examination of GS3-5. If memory serves, the parts are dimmed and unenterable until purchase.

So you mean they are split up even more into even more pieces than just the chapters?

I hope they don't do what Ghost Trick did and create a window saying "CONGRATULATIONS, YOU UNLOCKED 3-5 CROSS EXAMINATION 1" or something. That would take you out of the game a bit. Ghost trick just did with chapters so hopefully if AAHD does that they will only appear when the jingle and save icon came up in the DS version.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Indeed. For instance, GS3-1 is a 2 part case. Part 1 is the beginning/Phoenix's cross examination, and part 2 is Dalilah's cross examination.

Spoon tastes like fork

So basically, every save point is a chapter? I don't see what's wrong with that, other than the fact that most people will just continue from their quick saves. :yogi:

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Nothing is wrong with that, just that there's no unlocking. You can skip around as you please.

Wooster wrote:
Nothing is wrong with that, just that there's no unlocking. You can skip around as you please.

Well that is a nice part if, like, you always had trouble getting past Moe in 2-3 - I heard some people had trouble with him. I didn't, but I followed a guide at that part. Or perhaps somebody just wants to replay a certain part because of various reasons - they particularly like that part, the other stuff is horrendous (that whole thing with disproving the existence of Gourdy in 1-4 was pretty pointless, aside from the Metal Detector) or because you played to that part and lost your save file and just want to continue without having to redo everything. (Poor Jeanne... she had to do it so often...)

C-A

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Skip Feature? Now THAT is a reason I would purchase the iOS Versions! (If I had a device for them)
:edgy:

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Gettin' Old!

Neni wrote:
Skip Feature? Now THAT is a reason I would purchase the iOS Versions! (If I had a device for them)

Skip features are for the weak.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Neni wrote:

Skip features are for the weak.

Not for skipping without clearing the section! For skipping around on second playthrough, like you can in Ghost Trick! (I have always loved this feature, ever since I first encountered it in TWEWY. Replaying all my favorite parts without going through the whole game again? WITCHCRAFT!)

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Yeah, but they're all unlocked on the first Playthrough! Well, after you pay for them of course.

Wooster wrote:
Yeah, but they're all unlocked on the first Playthrough! Well, after you pay for them of course.

Doesn't mean I would make use of that~!
If I had the iOS Versions, of course.

I just want to be able to go back and watch Phoenix crush Engarde. Again and again. :redd:

I'm fine as long as it doesn't interrupt the action to tell me I've unlocked the next micro-part.

And I hope they don't have achievements interrupting either. I would hate to be in the middle of proving my case to the Judge and have the game freeze and "Congratulations! You've unlocked 'Quit being so Judgmental!' Achievement."

They shouldn't interrupt the natural flow of the game for it.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Achievements do exist. But I don't know if they're intrusive or not. It's kinda hard to play the game when the text looks like moon runes. But there are achievements for things like Mia telling Phoenix about Charley seeing all of Angel Starr's lunches, so they aren't nearly as brain dead as Ghost Trick's. The achievements are listed here in the forums somewhere.

Wooster wrote:
Achievements do exist. But I don't know if they're intrusive or not. It's kinda hard to play the game when the text looks like moon runes. But there are achievements for things like Mia telling Phoenix about Charley seeing all of Angel Starr's lunches, so they aren't nearly as brain dead as Ghost Trick's. The achievements are listed here in the forums somewhere.

Oh Ok.

Wait when did that happen in the game?
Maya is gone in Case 5 so I don't remember any way how Mia can talk to Phoenix about that. Unless, are they adding any conversations? Like does she say this in case 1-1-1-4?

Deputy of Self-Esteem

While there wasn't an achievement for it, this conversation occurred in the DS game. You just need to find when you can talk to Mia and see Charley at the same time.

ADA McCoy wrote:
And I hope they don't have achievements interrupting either. I would hate to be in the middle of proving my case to the Judge and have the game freeze and "Congratulations! You've unlocked 'Quit being so Judgmental!' Achievement."

I'd rather like that. Especially when it's achievements like 'Congratulations you have witnessed the Judge falling for obvious lies for the 1000th time! You unlock the "How long will this sucker believe everything" Achievement!'

C-A

Wooster wrote:
While there wasn't an achievement for it, this conversation occurred in the DS game. You just need to find when you can talk to Mia and see Charley at the same time.

Oh wait is "Mia talking about Charley seeing all of Angel Star's lunches" one thing or two? Because I didn't think there were any references to Case 5 in the original game since it was made first.

But if you meant to put a comma between Charley and seeing then it becomes two different achievements and I remember those conversations.

Although Mia talking about Charley seeing anything would be awesome, if only to show that how Phoenix personifies him is nothing compared to his original owner.

"How can Charley see anything?"
"Phoenix, don't talk about him like he's not in the room!"
(...OK...)

The Chords of Steel

Wooster meant two separate things. The Charlie conversation i think it happens in the third chapter when Mia helps Phoenix with the case.

As for GS5 release date, i'm hoping for May 2013..i doubt there is only 30% of the game completed, they announced it in January and who knows how long had been they working on it before that..

I'm expecting the game as early as mid '13 and late as the end of '13.

Love. Lost. Elegy.

I think GS5 won't be released before 2013 starts.

They're still on the first case, after all.
Jesse Pinkman: What if we can rip off that train, and no one ever knows it got robbed?
Page 9 of 9 [ 348 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Board index » General » Trial Minutes