Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Re: Gyakuten Saiban 5 announced, and Gyakuten Saiban 123HDTopic%20Title

The Real Human Being

Maya is the main focus of the image.
imsohaooy.jpg

Also, king of page 5 for game 5.

Surf's Up!

Finally, I thought this would never be announced...

*Hopes Phoenix is the protagonist instead of Apollo*

It worries that if Phoenix isn't the protagonist the game will have less of a chance to get localized due to all the attention Phoenix may have been getting here. Also, I hate to do this but if Apollo is the protagonist it'll upset the Nick fans and vice versa. The only way for them to avoid controversy (for the most part) is to have them work together in a way that caters to both fan-base's desires. A new protagonist could also be problematic.

...sorry to be a downer :shy:
:odo-objection: :think:
Credit goes to Croik for the Avatar Icon.

Poké Maniac & Ace Attorney

...The more I look at the top of the "5", the more it reminds me of Polly's devil horns. It's amazing how much you can read into a logo when you have no other information. :eh?:

Blademan916 wrote:
It worries that if Phoenix isn't the protagonist the game will have less of a chance to get localized due to all the attention Phoenix may have been getting here. Also, I hate to do this but if Apollo is the protagonist it'll upset the Nick fans and vice versa. The only way for them to avoid controversy (for the most part) is to have them work together in a way that caters to both fan-base's desires. A new protagonist could also be problematic.

...sorry to be a downer :shy:

I agree about the localization thing. D:

I'm going to say something unpopular and recommend that Phoenix fans get over it. He's had three games, tons of merchandise, cameos in other media, a cross-over game in the works, Wii and iPhone compatibility, and a movie, among other things. Apollo has had one game and a couple keychains. :/ He needs a chance to branch out on his own and become a strong contender in the series, and he'll never be able to do that if he keeps getting tossed aside. If he stars in GS5 and Capcom still manages to blow their golden opportunity, that's one thing, but I really think people should be more open to giving Apollo a second chance.

The Chords of Steel

I couldn't remember my old account password since i haven't posted in a long time, but this news is so amazing, i had to make a new account and share my reaction........

Un-F*CKING-believable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gant-clap2:
Epic announcement is epic, i mean, come on!! 4 whole years of waiting for GS5 and now we finally have confirmation! Now all i need is Apollo to be the main character and we're good to go. (Well, that and a GK2 localization..but oh well!)

The Real Human Being

Larry could be the lead character for all I care, I just want Maya back.

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

To be bluntly honest, while I love Nick, I really don't think he should come back at the Protagonist, cause he could only manage to do so in two ways:

1) A retcon that denies AJ ever existed. (And that would be a cheap, horrible and idiotic choice on Capcom's part and I am really not sure if I would even find something like that worth buying. Capcom, you MADE Apollo. He's your KID. You already had him orphaned ONCE, don't orphan him TWICE you cheap...)

2) Post-Hobo Nick: Now, while this is do-able, I don't think it would make for a good plot. The reason being that part of the charm of Ace Attorney is that we GROW with the characters. Phoenix has long FINISHED growing. Playing him Post-Hobo would be like playing Mentor-Mia and, NO, I do NOT think that playing Mentor-Mia would be great fun. To the contrary, it would feel generic, like every othr Mystery story out there, a super-competent protagonist, who is respcted and so~ much smarter than the reader/player. I do NOT want that. That wouldn't feel like Ace Attorney. That'd feel like - to say it in Nick's words - Sherlock Holmes 2.0. And while Sherlock Holmes sure is awesome, he does not fit in AA. At all. In the least. Not one bit.

I think that is also the beef I had with GK (both of them). Edgeworth is just not a character I, as a person, can relate to so well. He's highly intelligent and his past makes it hard for me to put myself into his situation. Having him as a character in the cast is great, because he just IS a great character, but he just doesn't work as a main character, for the same reasons Post-Hobo Nick wouldn't work as one. Except Post-Hobo Nick would be even worse.

Now, I know, many of you are saying "But Apollo is such a kid/bore/rookie/idiot/ect." Well, then I tell you: What was Nick when he started out? Before we started growing with him? Before he revealed his past to us, his motivations, became a person we could understand and relate to, made us cry and laugh and be nervous with him?
Phoenix had the chance to open up to us and let us see the person behind the suit, his personality with all it's layers and we could RELATE to it and see him change over time. THAT'S what makes him so amazing.

Now, why does Apollo not have that? Because the Plot never gave him a chance. All he got to do was being Nick's erand boy. We could see HINTS of his depth, but the game never allowed it to go beyond this, because it felt the goddamn need to go back to Nick every second scene. Think about it. Had Apollo's fourth case, let's say, had him reflect a lot on his motivations as well as his childhood as an orphan, (He could have spoken about it to trucy, who's an orphan as well, for example), would you hate him that much then? NO. You would have started to grow with him, just like you grew with Nick!
Point in case, Apollo HAS the potential to be just as awesome as Nick was as his heigth, and I don't mean as a lawyer, I mean as a character. You just need to give him the chance. And a new game, which actually focuses on HIM and not on Nick or justice reforms, then you could see how much fun it can be to go through the growing process with a character again. Just like back in the first 3 games.

Guys, this feeling will NOT come back with Nick. Nick has grown up. Stop clinging to him like the mother who can't let go of her 33 years old son. Adopt a new child to raise instead! Give Apollo a chance, please, and you'll see he can give you exactly the same great experience of watching a character change and become stronger that you had with Nick. Just try it. Please.

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Great annoucements!!

The HD versions look great too!! Sad for AA4 for not getting special treatment... :larry:

Athena Internet Defense Force

Another thing I just noticed about that group picture is Trucy shows a lot of leg...

:hold it:

Before we get caught up over Apollo vs. Phoenix semantics, has anyone considered the possibility of another protagonist? My friend andI discussed the possibility of Mia in a pre-Phoenix still-green type of prequel. Not extremely likely, but something to consider.
Foalish foal who foalishly dreams of foalish dreams....

JabberwockSlayer wrote:

Before we get caught up over Apollo vs. Phoenix semantics, has anyone considered the possibility of another protagonist? My friend andI discussed the possibility of Mia in a pre-Phoenix still-green type of prequel. Not extremely likely, but something to consider.

I have thought about the possibility of a completly new lawyer, and, while that would certainly work out a lot better than yet another Nick game, it would just feel like "Eh, yeah, we're too lazy to fix the mess we did to poor Apollo, so we just erased him and rebuilt him from scratch. Cheers!" to me...

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Blah!

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
Another thing I just noticed about that group picture is Trucy shows a lot of leg...

Her character has always been that way. You don't see the characters' legs throughout most of the game anyway, so it may not be immediately obvious.

1000% Knight

I agree with basically everything Neni's said.

We've had 3 games of Nick. He's had plenty of character growth, and has now basically become a chessmaster. And playing as chessmasters is not what AA is about. Even when we play as Edgey, it's when the crime first occurs and he's still clueless. Polly needs more growth and development.

Another lawyer could work. The only one that we've already met that would work is probably Mia, taking off after 3-1, but... well, knowing it won't end up having any large impact on Nick, Polly, or any of the other characters we've met will make it feel kind of... pointless. I suppose Shigaraki could also work, but I don't think he'd make a very good main character. There's still the possibility of a brand new character, but... I don't want them to just leave Polly off like that.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Artist of Sorts

Bad Player wrote:
I agree with basically everything Neni's said.

We've had 3 games of Nick. He's had plenty of character growth, and has now basically become a chessmaster. And playing as chessmasters is not what AA is about. Even when we play as Edgey, it's when the crime first occurs and he's still clueless. Polly needs more growth and development.

Another lawyer could work. The only one that we've already met that would work is probably Mia, taking off after 3-1, but... well, knowing it won't end up having any large impact on Nick, Polly, or any of the other characters we've met will make it feel kind of... pointless. I suppose Shigaraki could also work, but I don't think he'd make a very good main character. There's still the possibility of a brand new character, but... I don't want them to just leave Polly off like that.

I'd like to see something like GS4 ....4-3?
It'd be interesting to switch between the two antagonists. We have our hot headed rookie, and our Turnabout Master.... Plus I'd like to see Phoenix Out of Court with his Magatama and Apollo in court with his Bracelet. That was just an enriched trial.

Mr. Eccentric

I personally think there won't be a new main chara; simply because it's too early to start an entirely new arc after only having one game in the Apollo arc.

Apollo Arc needs 2-3 entries before I can accept a new character. :odoroki:
Remember, don't feed her too many snackoos...

Last edited by Fang Stiltzskin on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'll ship who I want to :D

This makes me super happy!!!

in my pants..

But super happy nonetheless!

Prolific Writer

I have to agree with Neni and Bad Player on this one. Apollo would be the best choice as a protagonist for this game, especially considering his arc was left on a bit of a cliffhanger in the last game. Phoenix's story is done, and a new character would just complicate things too much.

I'll say this much: Capcom, if you don't expand on Apollo's past, fanfic writers will.

What? Don't look at me like that. :yuusaku:

On a side note, I kinda disagree with Neni's assessment on AAI. Playing as Edgeworth wasn't a bad experience for me, just different. And for me, variety is the spice of life. But I can see how other people would find it difficult to identify with him. I guess it's just a matter of opinion.
Some call me eccentric. I call myself creative.
My Fanfiction
My Fan Trial, Spirit's Turnabout

Artist of Sorts

Little_Thief wrote:
On a side note, I kinda disagree with Neni's assessment on AAI. Playing as Edgeworth wasn't a bad experience for me, just different. And for me, variety is the spice of life. But I can see how other people would find it difficult to identify with him. I guess it's just a matter of opinion.

I actually look forward to Investigations, Mostly because it'll be nice to see Gumshoes antics again... And play through a Trial in the Prosecutor's Chair..... but yeah, I'm almost done with Apollo Justice, then I'll pick up Investigations.

Truthfully, we don't need a new Apollo Justice game (I was going to make a thread about this a while back but thought it would ruffle too many feathers), however it would be very appreciated, to say the least.

All things considered, most of the immediate questions were answered in Ace Attorney 4. We know Apollo and Trucy's link, Klavier has...some closure, and there aren't any open plot lines that necessarily warrant another game to enlighten us. At SOME point Trucy and Apollo will learn the truth of their parentage and who Lamiroir really is, at SOME point Phoenix will probably pick himself back up and get on with his life, etc.

Do you want to see these things for yourself? I wouldn't doubt it, but strictly speaking there's no threads left hanging. To continue the Apollo saga, there would have to be a new conflict introduced that doesn't carry over from the previous game (the thread tying the Phoenix arc together is the Fey family and their sordid past). Now, of course, this is very easy so I personally do not want to leave the Apollo Justice saga in the lurch if it can be helped. Continuing the Apollo era would most definitely be A-OK for me.

Little_Thief wrote:
I have to agree with Neni and Bad Player on this one. Apollo would be the best choice as a protagonist for this game, especially considering his arc was left on a bit of a cliffhanger in the last game. Phoenix's story is done, and a new character would just complicate things too much.

I'll say this much: Capcom, if you don't expand on Apollo's past, fanfic writers will.

Not all Fanfic Writers are bad, you mind. We're all human and humans who have great writting skills can write fanfic too.

Would you believe I was just about to write a Fan GS5 myself, just for fun, before this was announced? ^^;

I wanted to focus on Apollo's past, especially his childhood and his time at Gavin Law-Offices (His collegues there?) , Trucy's Psyche and tie up the lose ends, while connecting all of it... And I had some inspirations by the paper on the cult Aum Shinrikyo that I am writing for University right now, especially that one case where they killed a lawyer and his family for opposing them and managed to sucessfully cover it up for 6 years... :yuusaku:

Still, Canon GS5 is way better than that (especially because I don't have the time to write it anyway), so... to hell with my ideas!! :godot:

Oh, and, don't get me wrong. The GK games ARE good. It's just a personal beef I have with them, that keeps them from being quite as brilliant and enjoyable to me as other entries into the series were. ^^;

Prolific Writer

Neni wrote:
Little_Thief wrote:

Not all Fanfic Writers are bad, you mind. We're all human and humans who have great writting skills can write fanfic too.

Would you believe I was just about to write a Fan GS5 myself, just for fun, before this was announced? ^^;

I wanted to focus on Apollo's past, especially his childhood and his time at Gavin Law-Offices (His collegues there?) , Trucy's Psyche and tie up the lose ends, while connecting all of it... And I had some inspirations by the paper on the cult Aum Shinrikyo that I am writing for University right now, especially that one case where they killed a lawyer and his family for opposing them and managed to sucessfully cover it up for 6 years... :yuusaku:

Still, Canon GS5 is way better than that (especially because I don't have the time to write it anyway), so... to hell with my ideas!! :godot:

Oh, and, don't get me wrong. The GK games ARE good. It's just a personal beef I have with them, that keeps them from being quite as brilliant and enjoyable to me as other entries into the series were. ^^;

Being a fanfic writer myself, I agree with your assessment. Heck, I wrote some stories focusing on Apollo's past, too. But yeah, in the end, a canon explanation would be better.
Some call me eccentric. I call myself creative.
My Fanfiction
My Fan Trial, Spirit's Turnabout

The Chords of Steel

Question
When GS4 was announced and before Apollo was revealed as the protagonist..
¿Did they released a logo without the silhouette of the pointing lawyer?

Gavin Bros. <3

YES!!! I was so sure on not getting anything new - and then look! GS5!!! Oh my goodness...I can hardly contain myself. I had to bounce around my living room to get rid of most of my energy. God, i'm so happy. TwT
Nothing to see here...

What am I Prosecuting fooooooor!?

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
Truthfully, we don't need a new Apollo Justice game (I was going to make a thread about this a while back but thought it would ruffle too many feathers), however it would be very appreciated, to say the least.

All things considered, most of the immediate questions were answered in Ace Attorney 4. We know Apollo and Trucy's link, Klavier has...some closure, and there aren't any open plot lines that necessarily warrant another game to enlighten us. At SOME point Trucy and Apollo will learn the truth of their parentage and who Lamiroir really is, at SOME point Phoenix will probably pick himself back up and get on with his life, etc.

Do you want to see these things for yourself? I wouldn't doubt it, but strictly speaking there's no threads left hanging. To continue the Apollo saga, there would have to be a new conflict introduced that doesn't carry over from the previous game (the thread tying the Phoenix arc together is the Fey family and their sordid past). Now, of course, this is very easy so I personally do not want to leave the Apollo Justice saga in the lurch if it can be helped. Continuing the Apollo era would most definitely be A-OK for me.

This I can get on board with. They kind of have to fix the clusterf**k of a game GS4 was by doing something interesting with Apollo. If they talk about Apollo's past, what was his motivation in wanting to become a defense attorney, and throw him a prosecutor that DOESN'T help him and then yank the carpet underneath him later on (hate you Klavier) I can enjoy a game with him in it. Just don't try and make Apollo and Trucy play off on each other as a Nick and Maya 2.0 again. That's one of things that really urked me in 4. This is kinda why I dislike that cast in GS4. They're not as interesting as the Phoenix era cast. (Though personally I'll take Phoenix over Apollo any day.)

Last edited by SilentBobX on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

That Case sounds fascinating Neni.

Though please no GK2 attorneys...as I feel are being suggested.

It would make the game even less likely to be localised in my eyes. Why localise a game with a main character whose backstory and introduction is mentioned in a non-localised game?

Just seems nonsensical to me but yeah got hopes for Apollo and not just Apollo but an Amazing 3D model Apollo. Well that's assuming they go that way for 3DS I wouldn't mind keeping to sprites just so long as they stayed at high quality or improved quality.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Feenie Sneeze Assault

Color me excited.

Seems like from a commercial / story standpoint the best thing to do would be an Apollo-oriented storyline that delves into his backstory and motivations, while keeping a few Phoenix-related plot points (probably a case with a returning character) that makes him playable for a case or two. Moves the story forward, but still has an excuse to put Phoenix on the cover. Double lawyer pointing logo!

元・超会社員級の管理人

An interesting tidbit from a NeoGAF user:

Quote:
Dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but the revelation of AA5 came right on the heels of a dialogue between Apollo and Klavier with the gist being "Hey, don't forget about us!" Mizuki performed Love☆Love Guilty, and then they revealed AA5. Given the context, I think it's safe to say that AA5 will see the return of our beloved little Forehead-kun. ;)

Quote:
Suddenly, Mizuki Ichiro singing with Shu Takumi on guitar.

SOMEBODY UPLOAD THIS TO YOUTUBE PLEASE.

It was pretty awesome! I had no idea that Takumi could play guitar, so I was a little confused when I first saw him on stage: "Wait... Is that him!?"

All recording (audio/video) was prohibited, however, so I dunno if you'll see it on YouTube any time soon. That said, there were several cameras set up to film the event, so my guess is that Capcom will be releasing a DVD in the near future!

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=463
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

~*Deux Ames Un Coeur*~

Bolt Storm wrote:
An interesting tidbit from a NeoGAF user:

Quote:
Dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but the revelation of AA5 came right on the heels of a dialogue between Apollo and Klavier with the gist being "Hey, don't forget about us!" Mizuki performed Love☆Love Guilty, and then they revealed AA5. Given the context, I think it's safe to say that AA5 will see the return of our beloved little Forehead-kun. ;)

Quote:
Suddenly, Mizuki Ichiro singing with Shu Takumi on guitar.

SOMEBODY UPLOAD THIS TO YOUTUBE PLEASE.

It was pretty awesome! I had no idea that Takumi could play guitar, so I was a little confused when I first saw him on stage: "Wait... Is that him!?"

All recording (audio/video) was prohibited, however, so I dunno if you'll see it on YouTube any time soon. That said, there were several cameras set up to film the event, so my guess is that Capcom will be releasing a DVD in the near future!

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=463

Well...well, that made me feel better. :odoroki:

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:

By that logic we don't need another Phoenix game, either, especially if they were to use Phoenix from his own era. After three games he doesn't have any lingering questions left, either, and even less range emotionally. I still love him and want to see more of him, but his post-lawyer life is where the juicy development lies.

I feel like GK2 proved you shouldn't push a protagonist past their viability. We need a protagonist with room to grow. GIVE US APOLLO!!!! :sob:
ImageImage

(Sp)ace Detective

Put me down for the "want Apollo" crowd.

There's absolutely nothing that says Phoenix can't play the same role that Mia did for the original trilogy, having an important role with character exploration and without stealing the protagonist role.

Spoiler: disgression
Actually, this could even have been done to an extent in the original game, with it's need to explain "why Phoenix is gone" and promote the jurist system. Apollo could have gotten a Case 5, free of the burden of being a leadup to 4-4 and without Phoenix metaphorically hovering over his shoulder at every step.

I'm saying we should petition Capcom to have Turnabout Substitution made canon. :sawit:

Read my fic(s)!
Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:
We have no dreams at all or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake the same way — not at all or in an interesting manner.

Squirtle!

Been thinking, and what if GS5 starred Gregory Edgeworth? I mean, he had a fairly important roll in the flashback in GK2...
Married to SnowWright! Father of Tornado of Souls!

KingRaptor wrote:
Put me down for the "want Apollo" crowd.

There's absolutely nothing that says Phoenix can't play the same role that Mia did for the original trilogy, having an important role with character exploration and without stealing the protagonist role.

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking. As much as I love Nick, Apollo needs a time to shine. :odoroki:
~Credit to Jiaya on DeviantArt for the avatar!~
Charley vs. Zombies? Heck Yes!

Mr. Eccentric

jonathanrp wrote:
Been thinking, and what if GS5 starred Gregory Edgeworth? I mean, he had a fairly important roll in the flashback in GK2...

I'd doubt it; for starters, CAPCOM has a tendency to make sure the main attorney has a distinctive, unmistakable appearance (mostly through hair style).

No offense but Gregory Edgeworth is a bit plain for the role. :gregory:

Plus since he's been dead for quite some time any story centering him would feel like add-on fanfiction imo :grey:
Remember, don't feed her too many snackoos...

JabberwockSlayer wrote:

People have discussed a Mia prequel before, and it seems like it's cutting it fine in terms of dates for trials, what with the canon written in GS3. We've seen all her rookie outings of first 2 trials, which were quite a while apart. Then you have to write another main plot OTHER than Redd White/Misty involving her, probably linking to the AJ cast somehow [?] which is pushing it.

It's a good way to return Phoenix as a pre-1-1 sidekick to some case, but...

Then I suppose you could have a present day thing with AJ era cast. But it's all been done in GS3!

In all honesty I think Mia has limited scope for further character development, even as yet more tenuous backstory. And there's no cases to show Godot either as he gets poisoned before her 2nd trial. Then again, they did write GK and GK2...

Neni wrote:
[

I have thought about the possibility of a completly new lawyer, and, while that would certainly work out a lot better than yet another Nick game, it would just feel like "Eh, yeah, we're too lazy to fix the mess we did to poor Apollo, so we just erased him and rebuilt him from scratch. Cheers!" to me...

Apollo can be the mentor!

His past is revealed!

But then we need 'a reason why he's not taking the cases' :yogi:

Quote:
2) Post-Hobo Nick: Now, while this is do-able, I don't think it would make for a good plot. The reason being that part of the charm of Ace Attorney is that we GROW with the characters. Phoenix has long FINISHED growing. Playing him Post-Hobo would be like playing Mentor-Mia and, NO, I do NOT think that playing Mentor-Mia would be great fun. To the contrary, it would feel generic, like every othr Mystery story out there, a super-competent protagonist, who is respcted and so~ much smarter than the reader/player. I do NOT want that. That wouldn't feel like Ace Attorney. That'd feel like - to say it in Nick's words - Sherlock Holmes 2.0. And while Sherlock Holmes sure is awesome, he does not fit in AA. At all. In the least. Not one bit.

I think that is also the beef I had with GK (both of them). Edgeworth is just not a character I, as a person, can relate to so well. He's highly intelligent and his past makes it hard for me to put myself into his situation. Having him as a character in the cast is great, because he just IS a great character, but he just doesn't work as a main character, for the same reasons Post-Hobo Nick wouldn't work as one. Except Post-Hobo Nick would be even worse.

I wish I could have played GK2 :(

The problem I had with Edgeworth in GK1 is they have deified him, and ret-coned his darker past and its effect on him, which they've actually done from 1-5 on. (Oh no it was Gant's Fault, I didn't even KNOW I was presenting forged evidence!) It's suddenly like it never happened and he's Generic God Prosecutor.

Post 4-4 Hobo!Phoenix actually has a lot of scope for character development (which can readily occur if he's er, re-barred). Because he has of course not 'stopped growing' since 3-5 but undergone significant character development, The corruption of the disenfranchised idealist, or whatever it is. The likelihood they'd bother to do a good job of that on screen though? Well, admittedly none. He'd be back with his lawyer badge like nothing ever happened, like GK Edgeworth, I guess?

And well, he isn't 'respected' by his in-world society, that's for sure, proving his innocence of forgery to the trial viewers wouldn't elevate him to societal God Status. There's also the problem of 'forging' the jurist system or whatever it was.... (MASON made no sense, and he rigged it with Thalassa. The entire premise of 4-4 miraculous planet alignment pushed suspension of disbelief anyway. Etc.)

This would probably be ret-conned/ignored.

It's a problem, but not because Phoenix is a Perfect God Mentor Mia.

If they're writing 'AJ2' I think they should timeskip a few years and focus solely on the AJ-only cast. ('Phoenix left' Apollo opened his own practice so Phoenix-less development isn't stunted. Trucy still assists. etc)

However, considering how long it's been, I don't believe Phoenix will be absent from the game. It seems a reasonable default assumption he'd at least be present to the extent Edgeworth was in GS3.

The kind of game that would make the largest audience not totally disenfranchised would probably have cases that jump around and have different protagonists. They could probably ret-con in some extra case from GS1-3 days for Phoenix and his cast like 1-5, even if it makes no timeline sense.
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

Oh my... such happiness for the news of GS5. :edgy: They'd better localize it, otherwise I don't know what I'd do. One disappointment was enough. (in the form of AAI2)

I might even consider getting the GS123 HD Remakes if the framerate of the animations is TGS quality. Those were so detailed and smooooooooth. Now all I need to do is get a smartphone/tablet.

I would like to see a prequel with Mia, Apollo is not bad. But I'd prefer a game about Mia, and some of the cases she was involved in.

1000% Knight

icer wrote:
Neni wrote:

Apollo can be the mentor!

His past is revealed!

But then we need 'a reason why he's not taking the cases' :yogi:

We'd probably also get the exact same problem we had with AJ, namely we'll find out Polly's past and background but the new attorney will be overshadowed :meekins:
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

I feel like I'm getting too indulged in Gyakuten Saiban 5 despite nothing tangible short of a logo.

BUT IT FEELS SO GOOD!!! I can't remember the last time I felt this strongly for the series (even the first Investigations was tempered with sentiments of "it's still just a spinoff").

This is indeed a cause for celebration. The GS trilogy remakes look rather nice, and the fact that GS5 is FINALLY coming is pretty damn exciting.

Now all we can do... Is wait. :javado:
Page 5 of 9 [ 348 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes