Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 35 posts ]

Ghost Trick iOS releases internationally todayTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Well, this came out of nowhere fast. Ghost Trick is getting an international iOS release today; it's already up in New Zealand, and should hit US and other markets later today. The first two chapters are free, while the rest of the game is $10.

Update: The game is now released in the US, UK, and some other territories.

US iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ghost-tr ... 13377?mt=8
UK iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ghost-tr ... 13377?mt=8
NZ iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/ghost-tr ... 13377?mt=8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzCBUIeX0xM

Quote:
Experience this much beloved, touching story for yourself. Try this brand-new kind of "Interactive Mystery" for free right now!

*Devices and iOS supported: iPhone 3GS or later, iPod touch, iPad with iOS 4.3 or later
*iPhone 3G / iPod touch 2G are not supported
*Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish

◆ This Story Starts with Your Death
In an obscure corner of the city, a single bullet takes your life, but that’s not all it takes. When you awaken as a spirit, you realize you have no recollection of who you are. Thus begins your search for the answers to these questions: “Who am I?”, “Who killed me?”, and “Why was I killed?”

One night is all you have to answer these questions before your soul vanishes at dawn’s first light, and your only lead is the female detective who witnessed your death...

◆ "Possess" and "Manipulate" Your Way to the Truth!
As the main character, you can possess and manipulate objects, such as a guitar or an umbrella, using your "Powers of the Dead". A variety of actions will be available to you depending on what you possess. Strive to possess the truth itself!

◆ Rewind Time "4 Minutes Before Death" to Change Fate!
Death seems to follow you wherever you go, but you can do something about that! Using one of your ghostly powers, go back to a point 4 minutes before a person’s death and change their fate!

◆ Chapters 1 and 2 are Free!
Should this touching tale “possess” you, the rest of the story is available for purchase under “Buy More Chapters” on the title screen.

◆Based on the Critically Acclaimed Nintendo DS Game
*GameSpot Best of 2011 Awards - Best Handheld Game Winner
*GameTrailers Game of the Year Awards 2011 - Best Nintendo DS Game Winner

*For iPod touch and iPad users, a Wi-Fi environment will be necessary to purchase additional chapters.

Image Image

Note that the game is a "universal" app, meaning that it has high-resolution assets for playing on iPad, instead of just scaling the iPhone version. Go nuts!

Edit: I just learned that the US store, Best Buy is selling iTunes gift cards at 20% off today (2/2). If you're interested in buying the whole game after the free few chapters, this might be a deal you'll want to pick up.

And, in the event that you don't live in the US, but for whatever reason Ghost Trick isn't available in your online store, you might want to go for this deal anyways, since the codes'll be emailed to you and then you can apply it without the mucking about with "no international shipping" problem that traditionally hits you guys.

And, while we're talking about the iTunes store. Would anyone mind if I plugged The Secret Chateau Moreau? It's a very nice adventure game that's not unlike what you'd get if you took Hotel Dusk and set it during the French Renaissance. It's got Puzzles, Don Paulo Clearly not Don Paulo, Mystery, court trials Dinner, Murder, and... an inheritance dispute. But, my boy. Do you really think I would suggest such an ordinary game as that?

-Wooster
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Last edited by Bolt Storm on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Ghost Trick iOS releases internationally todayTopic%20Title

Deputy of Self-Esteem

FJHKDLKFJHDLFKJHSDFLKJHDFLKSJDHFLKJDFNLCRLUBLKCZNUZKECUNZLEC!!!!

*Cough*

This announcement fills me with glee. And, it may give us a clue on how GS1-GS3 HD will be made. I'll be ripping the game apart first opportunity.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Ace Attorney is awsome

Holymoly, there are surely a lot of ds games being ported (with the announcement of AA1-3 and Ghost trick in just a few days) to the mobile phone platforms. It disappoints me to see there is no android release for this one though. :payne:
This kind of worries me... with the ds games going to the apple store for much cheaper, where does this leave the future of handheld gaming? I hope the (3)ds will still manage to stay alive.

24 Ward Investigator

This is great news :D. I've been wanting to get this game but for some reason I just have no motivation to buy and play games on my DS :/. But this is just great and convenient for me. :)
I'm Too Cool for a Signature

Deputy of Self-Esteem

TvS wrote:
Holymoly, there are surely a lot of ds games being ported (with the announcement of AA1-3 and Ghost trick in just a few days) to the mobile phone platforms. It disappoints me to see there is no android release for this one though. :payne:
This kind of worries me... with the ds games going to the apple store for much cheaper, where does this leave the future of handheld gaming? I hope the (3)ds will still manage to stay alive.

They can afford the price drop on the iOS store because it's digital distribution. There's no physical material to keep track of and stock, and because it's online anyone with an internet connection can nab it.

As for Android, that's another monster. There's no profit on Android for developers, unless it's ad based (Why hello Google. Fancy meeting that revenue model). And ad based revenue is ineffective unless it's in your face. Some developers even make it so basic normal functions are right next to the ads, so there's an increased chance you'll 'accidentally' click the ad. Android made it popular for free software and consequently, its users do not expect to pay for anything. The developers are aware of this, and the more savvy and successful Android developers make deals with the phone manufacturers and bundle and make their profits that way.

Athena Internet Defense Force

I didn't even know there was Ghost Trick port for iOS in the cards...

EDIT: Then again, that could simply just be because I haven't played GT anyway.

Last edited by Gyakuten$aiban on Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

If the trailer is anything to go by, we may be in for a better soundtrack then was in the DS...

Jammin' like it's 2024

Just checked and as far as I can tell this isn't on the UK store yet.
Does we even do these things anymore?

Oh my sweet goodness.

It wasn't until I watched the trailer that I realized how much I needed this. Ghost Trick has an awesome art style and wonderfully fluid animation, but the models came out looking rather ugly on the DS, only being smooth and lovely in cutscenes. This is just WONDERFUL.

And yes, the music. Jowd's theme in HD is pretty much all I need.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

=D I'm currently seeing what goodies lie within.

Edit: Okay Preliminary Report

I gots Music, Sound Effects, Cut Scenes, images specific to the iOS port (Some Menus etc)

Some things of note:

It looks like there were originally 50 background music tracks. Only 37 made it in. And yes, they are compressed differently from the DS.

I can read the font files in my Hex editor. It's bitmap and grey scale. Looks like it should be relatively easy to convert to something usable, at least if you have the programming know how. I don't but I can say the format does make it easy.

Over 500 Sound Effects!

There are a ton of images written in, I assume Japanese. Does not seem to be an English equivalent. Maybe there's something dummied?

Right now, I see where I suspect the sprites are... but have no actual way of viewing them.

gumption

Whelp. Time to advertise this to everybody I know. But none of my friends are willing to pay $10 for an iOS game.. :sadshoe:
"The witness will refrain from wonton winking!"

My fan fiction

Nice name, isn't it?

Holy sweet Jesus, the music sounds even better than it did on the DS version! I freaking LOVE Ghost Trick, hopefully more people buy it because of this. :edgy:
PSN: Davidgui | Wii U Username: D-Man218

1000% Knight

Almost thought they were releasing the whole game for free xD

Anyway, yay, hopefully more fans for Takumi and this sort of game~
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

元・超会社員級の管理人

The music didn't sound that different to me in the trailer, but I've got no objections to being proven wrong. So, Woost, any plans to share...? :minuki:
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

@Bolt

I'm about half way through naming the tracks their soundtrack equivalent. Apparently the 37 non-deleted tracks map 1:1 to the OST (So there's nothing that was previously hidden). Though, the track order is nothing like the soundtrack's. Gonna preserve the track order in this version. If someone wants to make an album cover, that'd be cool.

Though, I'm really disappointed that I can't crack open the sprite files. I have yet to play the game on iOS yet, but I suspect the mini-sprites on the DS version are 3D models on iOS.

The suspected culprits are

• allMotionPack3.pac - 288.7 Megs
  • cpac_2d.bin - 73.9 megs
  • cpac_3d.bin - 16.6 megs

Mr. Eccentric

Another reason to get something iOS... I need to save my money for an iPad or something :yuusaku:
Remember, don't feed her too many snackoos...

AAO English community manager

If I had an iOS device, I'd so be getting this. Next: maybe a port for AJ, AAI and GK2?

Also, it's a shame they didn't port it to Android and Windows Phone.

Do your best, Nick. Hee... hee... hee...

Pikachu wrote:
Whelp. Time to advertise this to everybody I know. But none of my friends are willing to pay $10 for an iOS game.. :sadshoe:

Hard to argue with two free chapters though. That's a decent chunk of the game. Some of them are bound to get hooked.

Between this and the PW123HD announcement, I now have a bit more incentive to buy a current-gen ios device. And just as I was considering making the jump to android...

Monkey with a gun

TvS wrote:

Dont worry, AA had its time on the DS, 1-3 might aswell be for Iphone to attract more fans. Ghost Trick, sadly was HUGELY inderrated, and rewarded for being the best game people ignored. So I pity Capcom that they need to release it on the IOS, hey who knows, more sales could increase the chance of a sequel.

This doesnt mean their stopping, They will most definitly keep making games on DS/3DS first Professor Layton vs Ace attorney, and Resident Evil Revelations are proof of that, especially the major hype their getting, RE:R already got praised by many reviewers so allot of gamers want to get it when it releases and PL vs AA has HUGE hype right now. Handheld gaming is still true quality on the DS/3DS and PSP/PSvita. I dont care about fanwars, Both Sony and Nintendo, regardless of the difference between their handhelds, need to do an awesome job to show only real gaming handhelds can hold true quality and so far, their both awesome, Ipad/Iphone are great for conviences, and a taste of casual experiences but not real experience, so far Infinity Blade 2 got close, but barely.

Poké Maniac & Ace Attorney

It's on the UK App Store now! :keiko:

Wow... they have really outdone themselves this week. Not that i'm complaining of course! :edgy:
~Credit to Jiaya on DeviantArt for the avatar!~
Charley vs. Zombies? Heck Yes!

~*Deux Ames Un Coeur*~

My dad got an iPad for Christmas, so I just told him about this game (seeing as he enjoys playing other touch-based puzzle games on his new favorite toy)...and he told me he'd look at it tomorrow.

If he actually plays and enjoys this...god damn, I'll be one of the happiest people in the world.

元・超会社員級の管理人

It's out in the US as well. Updated the first post.

Wooster wrote:

世界中

It's also on the Australian store :)

I'm really happy to see this! I now that the Japanese release has been out on the iTunes store for a while now, so it's really great to see it in English as well.
Also, it'd be great if this gets Takumi's name out there!

Well, I have no more excuses to not get this game; I have an iPod Touch.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Updated the first post with a link to some discount iTunes cards in the US... and a particular iOS game I was recommended by the good folks here at CR.

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

I LOVE Ghost Trick, but as I have no iOS device, I will have to pass up on this one. Still interested in the HD sprites though! :-3

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Wow, I think we broke it.

I hope they release AAI after 1-3 HD.
It's game of the week in the UK :D

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Bolt Storm wrote:
The music didn't sound that different to me in the trailer, but I've got no objections to being proven wrong. So, Woost, any plans to share...? :minuki:

Shhhh

Do your best, Nick. Hee... hee... hee...

http://toucharcade.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/IMG_0050.jpg

I'm a bit puzzled and disappointed to see the 3D stuff is kind of pixelated and blown up... I would think that they could have rendered those at the native resolution of the device for a silky-smooth HD look.

Ich liebe dich, baby~

Ooo, nice! Thanks for the heads up! I've been meaning to grab a copy but it's always out of stock in our local game store. Having it on iOS is really convenient. Played a bit of it just now. Looks good!

I can't seem to find that Chateau de Moreau game though. :<

zydrate comes in a little glass vial~

OHO. I was playing through GT again on my iphone when i spotted another pw referance :odoroki:
you know the weird "blue guy that ordered Sissel's assaisination"??
If you look at one of the paintings of him on the wall in his "secret base"... (where he stashes away the file on Lynn)
he's doing the objection pose :object:
squeeeeee~
that makes 3 references so far :karma:

Deputy of Self-Esteem

foguwa wrote:
OHO. I was playing through GT again on my iphone when i spotted another pw referance :odoroki:
you know the weird "blue guy that ordered Sissel's assaisination"??
If you look at one of the paintings of him on the wall in his "secret base"... (where he stashes away the file on Lynn)
he's doing the objection pose :object:
squeeeeee~
that makes 3 references so far :karma:

Jammin' like it's 2024

Thanks to this release coming out of nowhere, I have got my sister to finally try this game.

She has already bought the full version. :D
Does we even do these things anymore?

My name is Judge.

Wooster wrote:
If someone wants to make an album cover, that'd be cool.

Sure, I can do that easily.

Spoiler: Fairly Large Album Cover

Page 1 of 1 [ 35 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes