Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 17 posts ]
 


Famitsu 11/7 - PLvsAA, Phoenix's StoryTopic%20Title
User avatar

BOX 15

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Posts: 2405

This is still early info, so it could be mistaken or limited. Hopefully we can get a better picture of things sometime in the next few hours.

http://logsoku.com/thread/toro.2ch.net/ ... 351684010/

Spoiler:
Post 174 wrote:
ファミ通

パン屋成歩堂がマホーネの裁判で弁護士成歩堂の記憶を取り戻す! というストーリー紹介
ラビリンスシティ版裁判長の絵がすげーでっかくのってる、誰得だよ
ジーケンの声優発表されたので今夜公式HPで、ジーケン紹介ページができるんじゃねえかな


Quote:
Famitsu

The breadmaker Phoenix Wright regains his memories of Ace Attorney Phoenix Wright at Mahoney's trial; that's the story introduction they're doing.
[[There's something here about a drawing of Labyrinth City's judge, but I'm afraid I'm having trouble translating it.]]
Jeeken's voice actor is listed, so tonight they'll probably update with his page on the official site.


Update: Ash provides us with photos of the article and an explanation:

Ash wrote:
page 204
page 205
page 206
page 207

Basically a continuation of the previous article. Big art of the judge. Phoenix still has no memory of his days as a lawyer when the trial starts, but like in GS2-2, he slowly regains his old laywer-self. Jiiken's VA is Miyano Mamoru. Witnesses: Madalla (flower selling girl), Knights (young man striving to become a knight), Bertha (old woman who sells milk) and Kyke (the old man). Just as Phoenix is in a pinch, Layton enters the courtroom with a Hold It, to give Phoenix a 'weapon' to use in the trial.

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

I will be out of town from July 2nd-7th. Sorry if I'm hard to reach during that time!
Re: Famitsu 11/7 - PLvsAA, Phoenix's StoryTopic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 935

page 204
page 205
page 206
page 207

Basically a continuation of the previous article. Big art of the judge. Phoenix still has no memory of his days as a lawyer when the trial starts, but like in GS2-2, he slowly regains his old laywer-self. Jiiken's VA is Miyano Mamoru. Witnesses: Magra (flower selling girl), Knights (young man striving to become a knight), Basa (old woman who sells milk) and Kaitsk (the old man). Just as Phoenix is in a pinch, Layton enters the courtroom with a Hold It, to give Phoenix a 'weapon' to use in the trial.

Edit:
Bolt Storm wrote:
There's something here about a drawing of Labyrinth City's judge, but I'm afraid I'm having trouble translating it.


Quote:
ラビリンスシティ版裁判長の絵がすげーでっかくのってる、誰得だよ

すげーでっかく -> すごくでかく (very big)
のっている - > 載っている (to be in, to appear)

But the most difficult is probably 誰得 -> for whose benefit? -> "Do not want!"-esque meaning.
"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Re: Famitsu 11/7 - PLvsAA, Phoenix's StoryTopic%20Title
User avatar

流尾亞のロイヤルな理由

Gender: Female

Location: Chasing my tail, as always

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 2044

Ash wrote:
page 204
page 205
page 206
page 207

Basically a continuation of the previous article. Big art of the judge. Phoenix still has no memory of his days as a lawyer when the trial starts, but like in GS2-2, he slowly regains his old laywer-self. Jiiken's VA is Miyano Mamoru. Witnesses: Magra (flower selling girl), Knights (young man striving to become a knight), Basa (old woman who sells milk) and Kaitsk (the old man). Just as Phoenix is in a pinch, Layton enters the courtroom with a Hold It, to give Phoenix a 'weapon' to use in the trial.

Just a note: it's カイック, with a small ッ. And shouldn't マーダラ have a "d" in her name?

I came up with Kyke, Madalla, and Bertha. Knights is the same.
Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Also includes an ongoing side project Maya Fey: Ace Advisor, where Maya & co. help your Japanese study needs!
More translation projects currently in the works.
Re: Famitsu 11/7 - PLvsAA, Phoenix's StoryTopic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 935

Yeah, you're absolutely right. My head is not really working at the moment.

Though it would be more fun to romanise Madalla as Murderer (マーダラー) *whistle*
"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Re: Famitsu 11/7 - PLvsAA, Phoenix's StoryTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Nihon(Japan)

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:51 am

Posts: 886

http://www.layton-vs-gyakuten.jp/

Image
Image

Image
Image

Image
Image

Image
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Image
Image

Image
Image
Image
日本在住の日本人。
I'm Japanese and I live in Japan. English is difficult for me.
Re: Famitsu 11/7 - PLvsAA, Phoenix's StoryTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Germany

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:04 pm

Posts: 771

Oh, after the TGS I thought the London trial would take place at the beginning of the game, but now it seems like the game will start directly in Labyrinth City?

It's funny that Phoenix doesn't wonder why he's wearing a suit when he's just a breadmaker. :D

Edit: I really like the design of Jiken's armor. Interesting that you can't really recognize his face in the full getup... Could be potentially useful if somebody were to impersonate him.

Edit2: Can somebody translate the infos about the DLC (if there's anything new)?
Image
Image

http://www.layton-vs-gyakuten.jp/system/dlc.html
Re: Famitsu 11/7 - PLvsAA, Phoenix's StoryTopic%20Title

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:36 pm

Posts: 111

Ash wrote:
Jiiken's VA is Miyano Mamoru.

So I take it Jiiken wants nothing short of the death penalty, then? :godot:
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

Image
Re: Famitsu 11/7 - PLvsAA, Phoenix's StoryTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:15 am

Posts: 23

Lusankya wrote:
Oh, after the TGS I thought the London trial would take place at the beginning of the game, but now it seems like the game will start directly in Labyrinth City?


How do you figure? :yuusaku: I don't think I see anything in this article that says the London chapter isn't the game's prologue.

EDIT:
JapaneseGIRL wrote:
Image


Lookin' kind of Char there, Jeeken.
Re: Famitsu 11/7 - PLvsAA, Phoenix's StoryTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spoon tastes like fork

Gender: Male

Location: Netherlands

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:50 am

Posts: 92

Huh, the graphics seem slightly improved.
Re: Famitsu 11/7 - PLvsAA, Phoenix's StoryTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Germany

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:04 pm

Posts: 771

Woolbeast Material wrote:
Lusankya wrote:
Oh, after the TGS I thought the London trial would take place at the beginning of the game, but now it seems like the game will start directly in Labyrinth City?


How do you figure? :yuusaku: I don't think I see anything in this article that says the London chapter isn't the game's prologue.



Because of this sentence:

Bolt Storm wrote:
Quote:
Famitsu

The breadmaker Phoenix Wright regains his memories of Ace Attorney Phoenix Wright at Mahoney's trial; that's the story introduction they're doing.

Re: Famitsu 11/7 - PLvsAA, Phoenix's StoryTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm

Posts: 977

Ash wrote:
Jiiken's VA is Miyano Mamoru.


*sigh*

Now I WANT Japanese voices in the not-yet-confirmed-but-they-better-confirm-it-soon-or-I'll-murder-them localised version. But I know that's never EVER going to happen.

*sigh*
ImageImageImage
Re: Famitsu 11/7 - PLvsAA, Phoenix's StoryTopic%20Title
User avatar

流尾亞のロイヤルな理由

Gender: Female

Location: Chasing my tail, as always

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 2044

Ash wrote:
Yeah, you're absolutely right. My head is not really working at the moment.

Though it would be more fun to romanise Madalla as Murderer (マーダラー) *whistle*

But that would kind of spoil the plot twist if it turns out to be true. :nick-sweat: I know, it never stopped Kirihito, but still...

On the other hand, I can see Nick calling her out.
:object: "It was you, Miss Madalla! Or should I say, Miss Murderer?"
*crowd gasps and Laby-Judge gapes*

Lusankya wrote:
Edit2: Can somebody translate the infos about the DLC (if there's anything new)?
Image
Image

http://www.layton-vs-gyakuten.jp/system/dlc.html

The first is about the extra chapter written by Takumi, featuring some especially challenging puzzles.
The second is the behind-the-scenes gallery, featuring extra artwork and an interview with the art director.
Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Also includes an ongoing side project Maya Fey: Ace Advisor, where Maya & co. help your Japanese study needs!
More translation projects currently in the works.
Re: Famitsu 11/7 - PLvsAA, Phoenix's StoryTopic%20Title
User avatar

These are their stories...

Gender: Male

Location: Crane, Poole, and Schmidt

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 am

Posts: 1233

Has there been any information on if this has any canon "timeline" placement to the main AA series?
After going through a 6.5 month Ace Attorney Marathon, I have finally finished Dual Destinies.

I certainly won't be re-playing any of these games in the near future, but I really enjoyed the experience.
Re: Famitsu 11/7 - PLvsAA, Phoenix's StoryTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Germany

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:04 pm

Posts: 771

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Lusankya wrote:
Edit2: Can somebody translate the infos about the DLC (if there's anything new)?
Image
Image

http://www.layton-vs-gyakuten.jp/system/dlc.html

The first is about the extra chapter written by Takumi, featuring some especially challenging puzzles.
The second is the behind-the-scenes gallery, featuring extra artwork and an interview with the art director.


Thank you! The DLC looks very promising and apparently it'll be free of charge.
Re: Famitsu 11/7 - PLvsAA, Phoenix's StoryTopic%20Title
User avatar

BOX 15

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Posts: 2405

Lusankya wrote:
Because of this sentence:

Bolt Storm wrote:
Quote:
Famitsu

The breadmaker Phoenix Wright regains his memories of Ace Attorney Phoenix Wright at Mahoney's trial; that's the story introduction they're doing.



Ah, sorry, I should've been more clear with that. It means that Famitsu is introducing this part of the story, not that this part of the story is the introduction of the game. As far as we know, London is the start of the game.
Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

I will be out of town from July 2nd-7th. Sorry if I'm hard to reach during that time!
Re: Famitsu 11/7 - PLvsAA, Phoenix's StoryTopic%20Title
User avatar

Mistress of the Coven

Gender: Female

Location: Blue Moon Village

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2158

JapaneseGIRL wrote:
Image
Image


Dear God. :payne:

I may be in love with this design. It is positively epic on you, sir Judge sir.
Re: Famitsu 11/7 - PLvsAA, Phoenix's StoryTopic%20Title
User avatar

What did he do this time...?

Gender: Male

Location: On trial

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:05 am

Posts: 190

It looks like Phoenix will be defending more than one person. I figure this needed to happen for there to be more court cases....I wonder how many there'll be?
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: MJL, Yandex [Bot?] and 8 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
cron
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO
[ Time : 0.901s | 17 Queries | GZIP : On ]