Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 34 posts ]
 


Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant future'Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm

Posts: 977

It's been quite a while since we've heard anything about Ace Attorney 5, but it looks like it's gonna change pretty soon. Here's a comment made by the infamous Christian Svensson on Capcom-Unity :

Quote:
We'll have new AA5 news in the not so distant future to share though. We did confirm it was coming Westward back at TGS.


The way he phrases it, I take it he's talking about news for the West, not so much news about the game itself (though I'm pretty sure we're going to get a nice article in the Famitsu magazine before the end of March). We already know Ace Attorney 5 WILL be released in the West, so I'm curious as to what he's referring to.

Guess we'll just to have to wait and see!
ImageImageImage
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

Pierre Pan

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 11061

I call the next announcement will confirm Apollo appears in-game and he is not a prosecutor!
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

BOX 15

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Posts: 2423

Moving over to Trial Minutes.

Interesting thing to tease. At this point all I can imagine is a translated TGS trailer, but I'm not sure when/where they'd show it off. As far as I know they haven't announced a Captivate 2013 yet, but if that is coming up soon they could show it off there.
Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

I am moving across the country! I will be on the road until Wednesday, August 20th, and busy a bit beyond that. Please allow a little extra time for me to respond to things - thanks!
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:18 pm

Posts: 46

It would be sweet if the news was AA5 being realised in the west at the same time it's realised in Japan.

Last edited by tvmadykid on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:11 pm

Posts: 77

I'm liking the sound of this! Really hope it's a release date :phoenix:
Image
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm

Posts: 977

Bolt Storm wrote:
Moving over to Trial Minutes.

Interesting thing to tease. At this point all I can imagine is a translated TGS trailer, but I'm not sure when/where they'd show it off. As far as I know they haven't announced a Captivate 2013 yet, but if that is coming up soon they could show it off there.


Thanks for that!

By the way, I believe this is the first time an Ace Attorney game has been announced for the West even before we got the Japanese date, right ? (Even before the game was released, I believe... not taking the ports into account of course).

We usually get the info after Japan, so I wonder what they'll show us... I doubt Svensson will go and hype a Famitsu article. Does that mean we'll get the info merely a few days after Japan ? Will we get a trailer the same day? I think it's quite likely we'll get the TGS trailer translated.

About Captivate, it apparently often takes place in April, and it's usually announced a week before the actual event according to Svensson. And that sort of fits with 'in the not-so-distant future' timeframe he gave for the AA5 news. I think we might hear something in April :shoe:

It'd be cool if we got a simultaneous release date, but hey, I know Ace Attorney ain't no Resident Evil... even the crappiest RE game WILL get a simultaneous release date and be translated in almost a dozen languages :yuusaku:
ImageImageImage
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

Zoinks

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:47 pm

Posts: 1873

Oh man. UK release date first. I just know it.
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | Twitter
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title

IDV

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:55 am

Posts: 27

L~A wrote:
About Captivate, it apparently often takes place in April, and it's usually announced a week before the actual event according to Svensson. And that sort of fits with 'in the not-so-distant future' timeframe he gave for the AA5 news. I think we might hear something in April :shoe:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/22/ca ... this-year/

Nope.
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

A.K.A. SuperAj3

Gender: Male

Location: Australia

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 978

It has been a few months since any AA5 related news has been out.
I hope "not so distant future" means sometime this/next month!
Image ~ SpritesArtComicsMusic ~Image
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

BOX 15

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Posts: 2423

Alex wrote:
L~A wrote:
About Captivate, it apparently often takes place in April, and it's usually announced a week before the actual event according to Svensson. And that sort of fits with 'in the not-so-distant future' timeframe he gave for the AA5 news. I think we might hear something in April :shoe:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/22/ca ... this-year/

Nope.


In that case, my guess would be PAX East in March.
Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

I am moving across the country! I will be on the road until Wednesday, August 20th, and busy a bit beyond that. Please allow a little extra time for me to respond to things - thanks!
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Gender: Male

Location: Brazil

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:23 am

Posts: 780

Capcom's "not-so-distant" is probably November or something.

And I hope the news are good this time... I still am dealing with the fact that they delayed Ace Attorney Trilogy and still haven't said a thing.
Image
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

A.K.A. SuperAj3

Gender: Male

Location: Australia

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 978

Bolt Storm wrote:
In that case, my guess would be PAX East in March.

I know PAX Aus will be on in July, If I see anything Ace Attorney related there, I'll be sure to share it (If it's not already known).
Image ~ SpritesArtComicsMusic ~Image
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 5918

L~A wrote:
By the way, I believe this is the first time an Ace Attorney game has been announced for the West even before we got the Japanese date, right ? (Even before the game was released, I believe... not taking the ports into account of course).

I think so, but that's most likely because of GK2. They know the fanbase is really upset about not getting GK2, so they likely confirmed the western release of AA5 ASAP in order to win back the fanbase a bit, stop people from worrying if GS5 would have the same fate as GK2, and also preemptively stop all the "OMG ARE WE GONNA GET GS5?!??!?!?!" questions they would've gotten otherwise.



(also why is Sven "infamous"? >.<)
Image
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Fangames: New Year's Turnabout - Turnabout Substitution - Silence of the Turnabout - Turnabout Pairs - Two Sides of the Same Turnabout
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

Fate Testarossa

Gender: Male

Location: Uminari City

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:29 pm

Posts: 821

I thiiiiiiiiink it's something to do with his handling of GK2 here. But I'm not sure.

(And frankly, I don't get the hate. He's just doing his job. He can't really do much about it...)
ImageImage Image

Fate is made by クロス.

"Carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary." - Dead Poets Society
"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Gender: Male

Location: Brazil

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:23 am

Posts: 780

kwando wrote:
I thiiiiiiiiink it's something to do with his handling of GK2 here. But I'm not sure.

(And frankly, I don't get the hate. He's just doing his job. He can't really do much about it...)



I actually commend Sven for his job. I used to periodically check posts directed to him and the amount of bullshit he receives from passionately immature fans, often blaming HIM (?!?!?!) for GK2 not being localized, is enormous. I'm impressed he never lost his cool facing such ignorance.
Image
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 5918

Yeah, I always thought he was pretty chill for continually telling us what was going on :yuusaku: (even if it wasn't what we wanted to hear, but still, that wasn't his fault)
Image
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Fangames: New Year's Turnabout - Turnabout Substitution - Silence of the Turnabout - Turnabout Pairs - Two Sides of the Same Turnabout
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Gender: Male

Location: Brazil

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:23 am

Posts: 780

Bad Player wrote:
Yeah, I always thought he was pretty chill for continually telling us what was going on :yuusaku: (even if it wasn't what we wanted to hear, but still, that wasn't his fault)


Exactly! He's doing us a favor. He could just up and say "okay, since you guys can't talk in a civil and decent manner, I won't forward any news regarding GK2".
Image
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

Fate Testarossa

Gender: Male

Location: Uminari City

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:29 pm

Posts: 821

VCM wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
Yeah, I always thought he was pretty chill for continually telling us what was going on :yuusaku: (even if it wasn't what we wanted to hear, but still, that wasn't his fault)


Exactly! He's doing us a favor. He could just up and say "okay, since you guys can't talk in a civil and decent manner, I won't forward any news regarding GK2".


Good to see I'm not the only person who shares this opinion. Though, there are some here who seem to vehemently hate whatever comes out of his mouth...
ImageImage Image

Fate is made by クロス.

"Carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary." - Dead Poets Society
"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm

Posts: 977

Bad Player wrote:
L~A wrote:
By the way, I believe this is the first time an Ace Attorney game has been announced for the West even before we got the Japanese date, right ? (Even before the game was released, I believe... not taking the ports into account of course).

I think so, but that's most likely because of GK2. They know the fanbase is really upset about not getting GK2, so they likely confirmed the western release of AA5 ASAP in order to win back the fanbase a bit, stop people from worrying if GS5 would have the same fate as GK2, and also preemptively stop all the "OMG ARE WE GONNA GET GS5?!??!?!?!" questions they would've gotten otherwise.



(also why is Sven "infamous"? >.<)


Yeah, that's also my guess, though a part of me wants to believe we won't have too much to wait after the Japanese release... but yeah, as I said, AA ain't no Resident Evil, so we're likely to wait several months at least. Still better than nothing at all :shoe:
ImageImageImage
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

o hai CR

Gender: Male

Location: http://tinyurl.com/2b2lfqo

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:34 pm

Posts: 3099

The problem with Svensson is he should just shut up sometimes. He should understand that non-announcements like these are kinda annoying, specially since a lot of the time he's hyping up mediocre or irrelevant stuff, months before they actually happen.

I just don't like the way he handles himself as the important executive he is. Not very professional of him, in my opinion. I appreciate his intention to open up to the public, and Capcom Unity is an excellent platform for it, probably the best non-fan site dedicated to any company's fanbase... But I don't think he's pulling it off. At all.

I dunno.
Image
"The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived."
Oscar Wilde
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

These are their stories...

Gender: Male

Location: Crane, Poole, and Schmidt

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 am

Posts: 1235

I'm hoping maybe this means official Japanese release date confirmation and a rough US release Estimate (ex. Early 2014). While all the DS AA games have been released in spring in Japan (Which usually means February here in the US) we still don't know when GS5 will be released. If it's this Christmas, we probably won't be getting it for a while.

I can't imagine why they would do a simultaneous release, because it's not a hugely successful series and translating that much unrealized text is probably pretty hard. I guess it's always possible.

I like that Capcom is letting us know about when announcements are going to be. After the AAI2 fiasco it's nice to know that the wheels are in motion.
After going through a 6.5 month Ace Attorney Marathon, I have finally finished Dual Destinies.

I certainly won't be re-playing any of these games in the near future, but I really enjoyed the experience.
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 7:52 am

Posts: 370

With the whole GK2 story and the delayed HD trilogy's release I've lost quite a lot of faith on whatever info is passed around. The game isn't even out yet in Japan, and you never know with Capcom when it concerns Ace Attorney games....I'll believe it when I see it in the game stores I frequently go to.
ImageImage
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title

The butler is the culprit!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:08 pm

Posts: 7

So... No new info given by Capcom in PAX East. I even asked on the Capcom Unity stream if they were going to say something about AA5 and I got an answer in a form of "No news for AA5".
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Gender: Male

Location: Brazil

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:23 am

Posts: 780

kOPF wrote:
So... No new info given by Capcom in PAX East. I even asked on the Capcom Unity stream if they were going to say something about AA5 and I got an answer in a form of "No news for AA5".


I'm impressed you even had expectations.
Image
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title

Blah!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Posts: 707

kOPF wrote:
So... No new info given by Capcom in PAX East. I even asked on the Capcom Unity stream if they were going to say something about AA5 and I got an answer in a form of "No news for AA5".


Since AA5 isn't even out yet in Japan, the only reason they'd have any news is if they plan to release it in North America simultaneously, which is atypical to how they've done things in the past. Even Professor Layton doesn't get simultaneous releases.

PL vs. AA had more of a chance of getting an announcement because it's released in Japan already, but even then Level 5 is probably doing the localization, and they don't tend to announce Professor Layton localizations until closer to release date (release is generally in October, as of the last few games).
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

BOX 15

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Posts: 2423

blahmoomoo wrote:
kOPF wrote:
So... No new info given by Capcom in PAX East. I even asked on the Capcom Unity stream if they were going to say something about AA5 and I got an answer in a form of "No news for AA5".


Since AA5 isn't even out yet in Japan, the only reason they'd have any news is if they plan to release it in North America simultaneously, which is atypical to how they've done things in the past. Even Professor Layton doesn't get simultaneous releases.


To be fair, AAI was announced and got an English trailer before GK was out in Japan, but if memory serves that was much closer to GK's launch.

Going by the fact AA5's still only got a 'general' 2013 date and the lack of new info (besides Apollo, the screens/etc. in the recent news were still all from the segments shown at TGS, albeit with some tweaks to the models/lighting), my guess is development is taking longer than anticipated, and so localization can't really get off the ground just yet. Ergo, nothing to announce.
Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

I am moving across the country! I will be on the road until Wednesday, August 20th, and busy a bit beyond that. Please allow a little extra time for me to respond to things - thanks!
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

What did he do this time...?

Gender: Male

Location: On trial

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:05 am

Posts: 192

Wow Capcom... you're just going to give us a pic of Apollo and leave us here hanging?
Seriously... the not-so-distant future must be in the summer. Heck, we might hear about PL vs AA localization first.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title

Blah!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Posts: 707

Danchat wrote:
Wow Capcom... you're just going to give us a pic of Apollo and leave us here hanging?
Seriously... the not-so-distant future must be in the summer. Heck, we might hear about PL vs AA localization first.


I think a summer release is a bit too optimistic... unless anybody's heard something to the contrary. The normal pattern is that the games are released in the Fall.
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 7:52 am

Posts: 370

We're talking about Capcom so they could change their minds. This summer seems too soon, maybe even this year... :eh?:
ImageImage
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

Derper

Gender: Male

Location: Volley of Cannons

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:28 pm

Posts: 146

I'm expecting the release date to be December, or maybe early 2014 if delayed.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm

Posts: 977

blahmoomoo wrote:
Danchat wrote:
Wow Capcom... you're just going to give us a pic of Apollo and leave us here hanging?
Seriously... the not-so-distant future must be in the summer. Heck, we might hear about PL vs AA localization first.


I think a summer release is a bit too optimistic... unless anybody's heard something to the contrary. The normal pattern is that the games are released in the Fall.


Yeah, Summer release is probably for Japan only. US and EU release probably won't be before 2014 at this rate.
ImageImageImage
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Gender: Male

Location: Brazil

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:23 am

Posts: 780

They had set the deadline to "early 2013" and we're already getting close to the middle. Knowing our beloved Capcom, the game should come around February '14.
Image
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

What did he do this time...?

Gender: Male

Location: On trial

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:05 am

Posts: 192

Quote:
I think a summer release is a bit too optimistic... unless anybody's heard something to the contrary. The normal pattern is that the games are released in the Fall.


Whoops, I meant to say we'd get the news in summer. I'm not expecting the game to come out until winter-spring 2013-14.

Maybe Japan will get an early fall release.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title
User avatar

Derper

Gender: Male

Location: Volley of Cannons

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:28 pm

Posts: 146

Sorry for bumping this.
I'm just not sure if this is worthy of another thread, but this says that AA5 would be part of an event on April 27.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/game/event/nico2/

Does it say anything new?
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.
Page 1 of 1 [ 34 posts ] 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
cron
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO
[ Time : 1.382s | 16 Queries | GZIP : On ]