Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 3[ 114 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies: New JP TrailerTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

At today's Nintendo Direct, Capcom aired a brand new trailer for Gyakuten Saiban 5, showcasing new and returning mechanics, characters, and more.

Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwPVc6Knv-0

Subs will be added later today, but Ash provided this quick translation: Update: Subs have been added!

Ash wrote:
For anyone planning to make subs: use this any way you like (it's a bit chaotic and I just typed it as I was watching the trailer... but it can be used as a reference, I think)

Spoiler: Sort-of-subs
The courtroom, destroyed

The courtroon, fallen upon dark times,
Will be turn around by the legendary attorneys

Objection!
There is a clear contradiction in the witness' testimony!
Phoenix Wright - Returned Turnabout
Judge: This isn't just one of your bluffs like eight years ago, right?
Phoenix: Not just a bluff! A serious bluff!
Apollo: It's alright! The defense is ready
Apollo Justice - Chords of Steel
Judge: Hm. Again the loud voice that sounding through the courtroom. You seem energetic.
Apollo: Yes! My voice training isn't just for show!
<Phoenix: The defense demands proof!>
The two once again stand in court to save defendants in a pinch
The legendary bluff and loud voice,
Will bring forth a turnabout storm in court!
<Apollo: <can't see> It's impossible to hand a verdict!>
Hold it!
Athena: You can't just forget about me!
Athena Cykes - The Court's Child of Revolution
Athena: I will make a new wind blow through the courtroom with psychology!
The one who stands in front of them in court
is the legendary <contradictionary> man
Ban: Yugami is a prisoner.
A prisoner and a prosecutor
Ban: He's been thrown in prison even though he's a prosecutor
Yuugami Jin - The man called "distortion" in the legal world
Phoenix: A prisoner as a prosecutor? That's a complete contradiction!
Yugami: Heh. Black turning white... that's the way things work in these dark times...
Phoenix: That's unbelievable!

Legendary wild cases await the laywers
<Wrestler: The Golden Monster King, Great Kyuubi>
Bomb?
Monsters? (Youkai)
School?
Ban: Justice
Ban Gouzou - Justice's police detective
Ban: Show me your justice if you want to investigate the crime scene
Look for evidence at the crime scenes reborn in 3D!
<the 67th school festival>
Evidence and psychology. These two lights shine the way to truth!
<Apollo: Yes, this is to <concentrate>>
Athena: OK! It's about time to do this!
Can't-recall-name: Uu... the Tenma Tarou I saw should've been at the crime scene...
< 1) He didn't know the nursery rhyme
2) the mayor was too heavy
Why did the murderer roll the village mayor's body on his face>
A completely evolved <new turnabout legend> is about to start
Phoenix: Dark times have fallen upon the legal world. We have to correct that.
And...
The greatest crisis for the Wright Anything Agency
Apollo: What if the truth you're pursuing, is different from the truth I'm pursuing?
Athena: What are we supposed to do?
Phoenix: We must help her
Phoenix: The only thing we can do is to believe and fight until the end!
Phoenix: I came back for this
Edgeworth: Seems like things have started to move. What are you going to do, Wright?
Apollo: There is something I have to do...

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies: New JP TrailerTopic%20Title

OBJECTION!

If you watched the whole Nintendo Direct, You would have seen seen someone returning! :pearl: You might have briefly seen them in the trailer.

Spoiler: Returning Person
I'm not sure if this is a Spoiler or not. Maybe now we can see Maya returning! :maya:

Gettin' Old!

Man they totally tried to Stealth Pearly in...must've known we'd go nuts for it.

Also these animated cutscenes actually look incredible.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Yeah just saw the newest trailer. A lot more psyched for various returning elements of the past, especially the two characters indirectly revealed.

The Law 'Shark'

Oh. Oh my.

I appear to have fangasm'd, fallen off my chair and am now typing my response to the video as a ghost.
That was absolutely amazing - I absolutely didn't think they'd do one last trailer like that...glad I was wrong.

Wow!
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

is a five star man.

I Love this:

(We need an Iwata smiley)!
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.

The returning character there I'm most pleased for is

Spoiler:
Klavier - I just hope he gets to do at least one case of prosecuting again

I don't think you need to use spoiler tags on Pearl and Klavier. After all they're clearly seen in the video linked in the first post. And why would anyone take a look in this thread if they haven't watched the trailer?

Doesn't scream into DS microphones.

So we got
Spoiler:
Klavier, Pearls
Edgeworth, and Trucy thrown in? Pretty sure this guarantees a spot for Maya as well...I can't believe they'd put all those people in without her at least showing up once.

Though I'm betting they won't trailer it and leave as one of the surprises for the game.

Anyways Hype Train is now officially departed and is moving at full speed. This game can't come soon enough.
"I can't go to hell, little weirdo. I'm all out of vacation days."

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

That's some hype stuff right there. I'm gonna have to try my best at avoiding spoilers once the game comes out in Japan.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Fate Testarossa

Intriguing... Hopefully all these returning characters properly fit though...

But... Does it seem to me that there may be more cases than normal? With all the returning characters being back, I mean. Because, right now, we have 4 prosecutors (though granted, we don't know if one of them is prosecuting) which seems quite excessive for 4/5 cases... Well, unless there's a 3-5-esque protagonist swap...

Fate is made by クロス

Doesn't scream into DS microphones.

kwando wrote:

But... Does it seem to me that there may be more cases than normal? With all the returning characters being back, I mean. Because, right now, we have 4 prosecutors (though granted, we don't know if one of them is prosecuting) which seems quite excessive for 4/5 cases... Well, unless there's a 3-5-esque protagonist swap...

I sincerely hope so. At the moment, it seems like there's way too many characters for this to be 5 cases only. I'd be willing to bet that
Spoiler:
Gavin
won't actually be prosecuting anything, and that
Spoiler:
Pearl
will only show up for one case...but even with that, they're going to need more time to fit in everyone else and develop them well (unless each case goes for three days).

So ya, hopefully it's 6 or 7 cases.
"I can't go to hell, little weirdo. I'm all out of vacation days."

Lusankya wrote:
I don't think you need to use spoiler tags on Pearl and Klavier. After all they're clearly seen in the video linked in the first post. And why would anyone take a look in this thread if they haven't watched the trailer?

I haven't watched the trailer, but then I am so torn between whether I want to buy this game when it comes out or skip that, that I don't really care too much about spoilers. As for the 'new' returning characters... yay? I'm trying hard to get my enthusiasm up, but given that they picked Klavier - who seemed bland in GS4 - and Pearl - only sidekick I actually tolerated, but was still a sometimes-annoying kid - doesn't really make me squee as with Edgeworth. Then again, I hope Pearl will have grown out of her giant Fairytale idea...

By the way, can I just mention that I hate Athena Cykes' name? Cykes? Cykes? I know it's a take on her 'psychic' power with the Mood Matrix/Heart Scope, but... my god, that looks like a forum user's '1337' way of spelling Psyche and thinking it's cool. It just looks so odd... and Athena? Athena had nothing to do with the moon in greek mythology, so why did they use her name and not Diana or Artemis if they wanted to keep the moon meaning/symbol in her name?

C-A

TheBlarghMan wrote:
kwando wrote:

I sincerely hope so. At the moment, it seems like there's way too many characters for this to be 5 cases only. I'd be willing to bet that Gavin won't actually be prosecuting anything, and that Pearlwill only show up for one case...but even with that, they're going to need more time to fit in everyone else and develop them well (unless each case goes for three days).

So ya, hopefully it's 6 or 7 cases.

Ehm, we currently know of only 7 returning characters (JFA had 10 and T&T had 13) and overall it doesn't look like there are many more characters than in previous games. I still expect 5 case as in AAI 1 and 2.

Also 4 prosecutors doesn't seem that much. We had Payne, Edgeworth, Godot and Franziska in T&T and there was no problem at all. Also a protagonist swap is a given seeing as we will play at least as Phoenix and Apollo. My guess for the prosecutors is that Payne will be in case 1, Jin in 2.5 to 3 other cases (including the last one) and Edgeworth in 1 to 1.5 cases. Klavier probably will be a supporting character in one or two cases.

kwando wrote:

As Lusankya says, that doesn't seem like a ton of characters.
Plus, there will be DLC Cases, so it's also likely that a returning character has an appearance in a case, but will play a bigger role in a DLC case.

C-A

OBJECTION!

Just seen the trailer.
Those animated cutscenes look fantastic!
And.. and... is that psyche-locks I see? Return of the Magatama perhaps?
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

The anime cutscenes were done by Bones. They also did the Fullmetal Alchemist anime.

What am I Prosecuting fooooooor!?

And its not even my birthday yet... which is tomorrow. Pretty sure this''l be the last trailer till the game comes out.

Poké Maniac & Ace Attorney

Does anyone know what's going on from 2:23-2:30? The thing with Apollo?

It looks like it could be yet another new minigame to go along with Psyche-Locks, Percieve, and the Mood Matrix. Maybe something similar to Logic in AAI, seeing as Polly seems to be figuring something out at the end? :odoroki: Maybe Edgey's role will be to teach the others how to use Logic.

Either that or it's just a "let's review what we've found out in this chapter" minigame like in Hotel Dusk, Jake Hunter, etc. Which would also make sense, seeing as they've added the history option.

EDIT:
SilentBobX wrote:
Pretty sure this''l be the last trailer till the game comes out.

If Maya is in the game, I wouldn't be surprised if we get one more "Maya reveal" trailer. They must know nothing else would get the fans that riled up in the run-up to release day.

Fate Testarossa

CatMuto wrote:
kwando wrote:

As Lusankya says, that doesn't seem like a ton of characters.
Plus, there will be DLC Cases, so it's also likely that a returning character has an appearance in a case, but will play a bigger role in a DLC case.

C-A

Yes, but the returning characters (thus far) are the more important ones, rather than in T&T where we had Larry, Oldbag, Adrian, etc.

In this case, all the returning characters thus far were integral parts of the GS1-3 saga, which is why I'm more concerned with the way they are put in, as well as how many cases there could possibly be.

Fate is made by クロス

so hyped even more now for it to be released cant wait to get a 3DS again just to play it Image

Contradiction

kwando wrote:
Yes, but the returning characters (thus far) are the more important ones, rather than in T&T where we had Larry, Oldbag, Adrian, etc.

In this case, all the returning characters thus far were integral parts of the GS1-3 saga, which is why I'm more concerned with the way they are put in, as well as how many cases there could possibly be.

Very much so true. This game now has 6 characters that were featured on the box art of the games they were introduced in. Fans expect big roles for important returning characters, and my biggest worry is that the new characters will be trampled on by all these old ones.

Seasoned Animator

Spoiler:
Looks like Pearls adopted some of Maya's hairstyle. If there's a school involved, she might only appear in the third case. Shame if that's the case.

Also, seems that Apollo's gone solo if their idea of the truths are different.

Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter

Racing through the sky like a Missile

MJL wrote:
Does anyone know what's going on from 2:23-2:30? The thing with Apollo?

It looks like it could be yet another new minigame to go along with Psyche-Locks, Percieve, and the Mood Matrix. Maybe something similar to Logic in AAI, seeing as Polly seems to be figuring something out at the end? :odoroki: Maybe Edgey's role will be to teach the others how to use Logic.

Either that or it's just a "let's review what we've found out in this chapter" minigame like in Hotel Dusk, Jake Hunter, etc. Which would also make sense, seeing as they've added the history option.

It could be a new system for some sort of Logic, as a reference to the AAI games, but it seems a bit too simple at first glance to really be an actual minigame on its own.
Quote:
Maybe Edgey's role will be to teach the others how to use Logic.

He's not a teacher; he's the Chief Prosecutor.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

I wish I WERE the best.

Spoiler:
There's one game screen where you see a guy with blood on his head around 2:51. Is this a character already revealed or is he a new one?

Also, the guy who wears a uniform like Yumihiko's apparently goes to a school. Not that it was hard to figure out but it was nice to have some confirmation.

2:49-2:52, specifically the footage of Yugami...

Tumblr reckons it shows him being whipped by Franziska, and I'm inclined to agree. Whatever it is clearly causes him some pain. This really is turning into a "kitchen sink" game, and I love it.

(Although it worries me a bit, too......)

AnsweringNOW wrote:
There's one game screen where you see a guy with blood on his head around 2:51. Is this a character already revealed or is he a new one?

She. She looks like a murder victim in the first case, and as we all know, this series will always be about murders.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

I wish I WERE the best.

Oh, okay. Speaking of which, there's dialogue in that scene too. Who's speaking?

Payne. That's why it's the first case.

And I don't see any sign of Franziska. Jin just seems to be struck by someone's words and reacts as such.

DoctorDiablo wrote:
kwando wrote:

Very much so true. This game now has 6 characters that were featured on the box art of the games they were introduced in. Fans expect big roles for important returning characters, and my biggest worry is that the new characters will be trampled on by all these old ones.

So I guess whatever Capcom does, it'll be wrong.
No returning characters -> Fans cry for Maya, Pearl, Edgeworth, etc.
Returning characters have small roles -> Fans cry they were only included as fanservice
Returning characters have big roles -> Fans cry the returning characters overshadow the new characters

I say you should just wait and see. In T&T we had many important returning characters and yet neither Godot nor Dahlia were trampled on by them.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
I don't see any sign of Franziska. Jin just seems to be struck by someone's words and reacts as such.

I definitely see a blue... thing.

You know, like that one, but "on" Yugami. Which wouldn't be surprising given the improved animations.

(I see your point, though. It wouldn't be the first time characters have reacted to words as if they'd been "hit".)

Spoiler: The most obvious example, from AAI

迷探偵

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
AnsweringNOW wrote:

She. She looks like a murder victim in the first case, and as we all know, this series will always be about murders.

Her name seems to be Kakuru Hozumi, and Payne says she was discovered dead. (Unless there was something gramatically important in the part that was cut away, and it was Kakuru Hozumi who discovered a body or something like that)
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

MJL wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
I don't see any sign of Franziska. Jin just seems to be struck by someone's words and reacts as such.

You know, like that one, but "on" Yugami. Which wouldn't be surprising given the improved animations.

Oh, I didn't catch it, but the screen does flash for an instant, so maybe. Or, it could be a really big reveal that would cause anyone to flinch.

Ash wrote:
Her name seems to be Kakuru Hozumi, and Payne says she was discovered dead. (Unless there was something gramatically important in the part that was cut away, and it was Kakuru Hozumi who discovered a body or something like that)

I'm more inclined to believe that's the name of the victim. (かくる and すみ; "hidden" and "corner" in a name? That's meaningful.) So... that's where Capcom is going? Set up a courtroom bombing and solve it in 10 minutes or so, and then reveal that someone was actually murdered before the bomb went off. Harhar, bait and switch.

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Fri May 31, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MJL wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

(I see your point, though. It wouldn't be the first time characters have reacted to words as if they'd been "hit".)

Spoiler: The most obvious example, from AAI

It's just his damage animation during which he breaks his chains. You should never believe stuff from tumblr.

Lusankya wrote:
It's just his damage animation during which he breaks his chains. You should never believe stuff from tumblr.

Is there an example of that, anywhere? I haven't seen it.

I'm SOOOOO excited for this!!
Two things:
Looks like someone's underpants make a comeback! :minuki: and...
I just LOVE Yuugami's music! :)

I hope, if/when it's localized, they have an option for japanese voice acting.
meow!
ニャー

いぎあり!!

MJL wrote:
Lusankya wrote:

Is there an example of that, anywhere? I haven't seen it.

No, but it's probably not a coincidence that many of the surrounding images also show damage animations of other characters. Also I doubt the whip would break his chains. Such things usually only happen during the damage animations.

Lusankya wrote:
No, but it's probably not a coincidence that many of the surrounding images also show damage animations of other characters. Also I doubt the whip would break his chains. Such things usually only happen during the damage animations.

Looking at it frame by frame, it's a weird animation. His chains are already broken when his arms enter the frame, and the "blue thing" just sort of appears on his chest. :eh?:

I think your explanation is probably more likely than Tumblr's, but if eight-years-older-Franziska does appear I'll be over the moon. :edgy:

So psyched for the game!

Pearl was a VERY nice surprise. This means Maya has potential to come back too. Didn't expect Klavier, but with him there, I think we might also be seeing the return of Ema. Maybe? Pretty please?

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Great trailer, everything looks good. Before a new trailer comes out, I always think "they probably don't have time/won't do this or won't do that" and then the trailer shows it as if proclaiming, "Take That, McCoy! We not only included it, but it looks better than before!".

I'm glad to see footage of Psyche-locks and Perceive stuff. I'm interested in that new "game" with Apollo; looks a little like Edgeworth's logic, although I doubt they'll use that here. I'm surprised about the returning characters, and although I only had one of them in the "I want them back category"
Spoiler:
(Gavin)
I'm not totally against the other character returning, as long as they are careful about it. Even more careful since
Spoiler:
I can't imagine Maya won't make an appearance if Pearl is
. But my view on the returning characters at this point is to just have faith in the writers until I see the game for myself, because I still feel any "weirdness" or "one-dimensional characterization" in AAI was due to the weird timeline placement and the inability to evolve the characters.

Also, the cutscenes look incredible.

A couple of other things I noticed, people might have noticed them already:
Besides the "History" button, there's a pen and paper icon. An in game memo function, perhaps?
Also, there's a frame in the montage at the end of Athena doing the "pointing"/Objection! pose. Another possible hint of her taking over the defense bench at some point?
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.
Page 1 of 3 [ 114 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes