Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 60 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 


Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confirmedTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm

Posts: 979

Well, looks like a new trailer is available (not on the Capcom channel atm, though. It was apparently recorded during a web show). It pretty much confirms the Famitsu leak new, about the two returning characters.

Spoiler:
Trucy and Edgeworth. But only Trucy appears in the trailer... No idea why.


We also get a sneak peak of some new characters that haven't been introduced (yet), and we also get a very nice sample of the soundtrack.

You'll find the trailer here!

Henke37 was nice enough to take some screenshots, for those of you who can't watch the trailer. Here they are :

Spoiler: Selected screenshots
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Image


Wasn't sure if I should've made a new thread for this or not. Here goes anyway!

Edit by Bolt: And here's a subbed version!
ImageImageImage
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Programmer

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:25 pm

Posts: 466

I took screenshots!
Spoiler: Selected screenshots
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Image

Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on IRC!


Last edited by henke37 on Wed May 15, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm

Posts: 979

henke37 wrote:
I took screenshots!


Thanks a lot Henke37! I added them to the OP, in case a mod move it to the front page!
I have to admit, the more I see/read/learn about this game, the more hyped I become. Fall is soo far away :yuusaku:
ImageImageImage
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title

Blah!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Posts: 734

henke37 wrote:
Spoiler: Selected screenshots
ImageImage


Spoiler: Those particular screenshots
Looks like Trucy is making Apollo's badge disappear. Nice to see that they're still going for the humor in showing irrelevant items to people, especially your badge!
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

流尾亞のロイヤルな理由

Gender: Female

Location: Chasing my tail, as always

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 2398

Tell Bolt I found a few translation errors - rather, how the text can be reinterpreted anyway.

Spoiler:
GS5 Web Demo Teaser Trailer

00:00
A New Court is in Session!

00:08
Phoenix Wright (BG: The Returned Turnabout)

00:09
Phoenix: Your Honor!
The defense requests to hear more testimony!

00:11
Phoenix: No matter what happens, always believe in your client.

00:13
Phoenix: But it's fine! As I thought, you're innocent!

00:14
Athena Cykes (BG: The Courtroom's Revolution)

00:18
Athena: Let's rush in together!

00:19
Athena: I've never backed down from a challenge!

00:22
Apollo Justice (BG: The Divine Roar)

00:25
Apollo: There's no problem. It doesn't really hurt anymore, and I don't need those IV drops.

00:27
Apollo: These two things came before sunset...

00:28
Apollo: Considering the possibility of a "third person", it's not possible to hand down a verdict!

00:30
New Cases

00:37
New Characters

Payne: You shouldn't be so persistent with picking on my gentle self.

00:38
Juniper: Eeeeeeeeeek!

00:39
Kumabeh(?): Aaaaaaaah!

00:40
Yumemi: ......

00:41
Ban(g): Don't go touching whatever you want at a crime scene!

00:42
Apollo: Eh?

Apollo: Uh, no, not now. Could you please listen when others are talking!

00:43
Furthermore...

00:46
An New Enemy, A Prisoner Prosecutor!?

00:49
Shuddap!

00:52
Objection!

00:55
The Clashing Turnabout Drama Unfolds Once More!

Judge: Order! Orderrr!

Athena: Wow, he's such a great guy...

00:56
Apollo: Look, Athena! Look, look!

Phoenix: (B-bomb!?)

00:57
Juniper: The bomb went off... *cough*

00:58
Apollo: ......Tenmatarou
...is flying away!?

Juniper: But then...

Rei: Hmph... but you two aren't Attorney Wright anyhow.

Wrestler: Wahahahahahaha!

01:00
Yumemi: ! Eee!

???: Demons... demons! Demons...

01:01
Payne: Whaaaaaaat!?

Take that!

01:02
Gyakuten Saiban 5


Here's mine for reference.
Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Also includes an ongoing side project Maya Fey: Ace Advisor, where Maya & co. help your Japanese study needs!
More language projects currently in the works.

Also, click here for my published fanfiction. I'm new to this field, but I'm a pretty experienced story writer. Comments, questions, criticisms welcome! If you're going to give a review, don't skimp on the criticism!
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 1115

Further corrections

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
00:27
Apollo: These two things came before sunset...

-> These two things before sunset (verb is missing, but it's more probable he's talking about having to do something before it's sunset)

Quote:
Payne: It won't do for my gentle self to be caught with a sticky reputation.

-> Grabbing me and being so tenacious is bad for the reputation.

Quote:
Apollo: Uh, no, not now. Could you please listen when others are talking!

-> No, look, I'm asking everybody this!
"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

BOX 15

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Posts: 2470

Thanks for the pointers - Gaspen's line in particular was throwing me off.
Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

流尾亞のロイヤルな理由

Gender: Female

Location: Chasing my tail, as always

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 2398

Ash wrote:
Further corrections

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
00:27
Apollo: These two things came before sunset...

-> These two things before sunset (verb is missing, but it's more probable he's talking about having to do something before it's sunset)

Quote:
Payne: It won't do for my gentle self to be caught with a sticky reputation.

-> Grabbing me and being so tenacious is bad for the reputation.

Quote:
Apollo: Uh, no, not now. Could you please listen when others are talking!

-> No, look, I'm asking everybody this!

Thanks again. I blame my faulty internet connection.
Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Also includes an ongoing side project Maya Fey: Ace Advisor, where Maya & co. help your Japanese study needs!
More language projects currently in the works.

Also, click here for my published fanfiction. I'm new to this field, but I'm a pretty experienced story writer. Comments, questions, criticisms welcome! If you're going to give a review, don't skimp on the criticism!
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:11 pm

Posts: 7839

I'm sobbing I'm so happy I can't... even..

I basically threw up my feelings on tumblr and then had to have a shower
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Image
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

o hai CR

Gender: Male

Location: http://tinyurl.com/2b2lfqo

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:34 pm

Posts: 3103

Image

This guy right here? New detective. Calling it now.

Image

"lol I dunno"

<3
Image
"The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived."
Oscar Wilde
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

BOX 15

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Posts: 2470

Yeah, the guy up top looks like the new detective. He was in the Apollo article last month going on about 'justice' as well.

Wonder where Ema's gotten off to. Maybe she'll pop up with Klavier in the final case or something.

Also, random theory time: I'm wondering if Case 2 and Case 3 might not happen concurrently. Apollo and Kokone deal with Case 2 and Jin, Phoenix and Trucy deal with Case 3 and Edgeworth, and the two groups interact at times. Not likely, I admit.
Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:11 pm

Posts: 7839

Bolt Storm wrote:
Wonder where Ema's gotten off to. Maybe she'll pop up with Klavier in the final case or something.


STOP. I'll start crying again.

(but omfg I hope they do because aaaaaaaaaa)

I really need to get a 3DS now, I've been putting it off for way too long.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Image
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 6826

Spoiler: Recurring Characters
Maybe they aren't showing Edgeworth because they did change his appearance and don't want to spoil the surprise yet.

As for Trucy.... urgh, first picture I see of her in the new game is her and her damn panties! Burn them!


The rest of it looks so-so.... I might get the game, eventually.
But the entire thing being on e-Shop is still iffy for me.

C-A
Image
Current Let's Plays: Devil Survivor 2 - NDS
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Money / More Money / Most Money

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:06 pm

Posts: 18

Has anyone noticed that at around 00:58 of the trailer, there's a new character wearing the same outfit as a certain someone from AAI2?

Spoiler: Screenshot of the character in question
Image
I don't believe the uniform indicates that Yumihiko is guaranteed make an appearance in this game, but I do like the shout-out.
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Master-Debator

Gender: Male

Location: World of Lovin'

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:34 pm

Posts: 436

Trucy's face...My god it's ugly, LOL
Image
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

o hai CR

Gender: Male

Location: http://tinyurl.com/2b2lfqo

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:34 pm

Posts: 3103

Huddini wrote:
Trucy's face...My god it's ugly, LOL


SHUT UP she's perfect <3

...These aren't spoilers, aren't them? I mean, I consider everything that's officially revealed before launch as safe, specially if it's posted in the game's website with no spoiler tags or anything.
Image
"The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived."
Oscar Wilde
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

I just blue myself

Gender: Male

Location: Kangaroo City

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 1:42 pm

Posts: 475

Guys, I just played the demo (didn't understand anything but I managed to finish it). I have some news for you, they added a little bit that wasn't there before. It should be obvious to you guys but it literally made me jump back in my chair and gasp in delight.

Spoiler:
Edgeworth appeared in court, looking smug as ever.


Pumped as fuck.
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

But in all honesty, META humour sucks.
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Law 'Shark'

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:43 pm

Posts: 525

Good game, Capcom...Good game! XD
Image
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

Gender: Male

Location: Yes

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:19 pm

Posts: 428

ReturnofthePhoenix wrote:
Guys, I just played the demo (didn't understand anything but I managed to finish it). I have some news for you, they added a little bit that wasn't there before. It should be obvious to you guys but it literally made me jump back in my chair and gasp in delight.

Spoiler:
Edgeworth appeared in court, looking smug as ever.


Pumped as fuck.


Confirmed. After watching the trailer 50 times (downloaded it) I was not expecting this.
Image
Possess and manipulate the garbage you deal with everyday
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Germany

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:04 pm

Posts: 782

Image
That guy wears the same uniform as Yumihiko Ichiyanagi, so I guess he visits the same school?
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:55 pm

Posts: 9

Lusankya wrote:
Image
That guy wears the same uniform as Yumihiko Ichiyanagi, so I guess he visits the same school?

He looks like he's related to Wesley Stickler as well.
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 3:52 pm

Posts: 13

Am I the only one who thinks that the new detective looks like Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story?
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Center of the Cosmos

Gender: Male

Location: Australia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 1112

Lusankya wrote:
Image
That guy wears the same uniform as Yumihiko Ichiyanagi, so I guess he visits the same school?

They are the same uniform, so I guess it's the same school. (I don't think Ichiyanagi will appear in the game though, maybe as a reference if anything.)

It looks like his talking about Phoenix (He's saying something about "Attorney Wright..." )

Athena_Cykes wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that the new detective looks like Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story?

Haha! I see the resemblance!
Image ~ SpritesArtComicsMusic ~Image
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

流尾亞のロイヤルな理由

Gender: Female

Location: Chasing my tail, as always

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 2398

SuperAj3 wrote:
Lusankya wrote:
Image
That guy wears the same uniform as Yumihiko Ichiyanagi, so I guess he visits the same school?

They are the same uniform, so I guess it's the same school. (I don't think Ichiyanagi will appear in the game though, maybe as a reference if anything.)

It looks like his talking about Phoenix (He's saying something about "Attorney Wright..." )

It looks like he's talking with Apollo and Athena, and he isn't that impressed with these two compared to Nick. Don't know the context, so we'll just leave it at that.

Speaking of this scene, I remember a point where Apollo excitedly shows Athena his badge... but it's the view from Athena's. This doesn't confirm anything, but it could be possible that Athena IS playable at some point. Then, this rules out the possibility that the subtitle was named as a reference to dual-playability.
Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Also includes an ongoing side project Maya Fey: Ace Advisor, where Maya & co. help your Japanese study needs!
More language projects currently in the works.

Also, click here for my published fanfiction. I'm new to this field, but I'm a pretty experienced story writer. Comments, questions, criticisms welcome! If you're going to give a review, don't skimp on the criticism!
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

BOX 15

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Posts: 2470

I'm not sure that Apollo showing Athena his badge was from Athena's point of view. I could see that being from Phoenix's point of view, something like Athena getting angry and then the camera switching to Apollo trying to show her his badge to calm her down or something. :odoroki:

Not that I'd object to playable Athena.
Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Student-Artist-Ace Attorney Fanboy

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am

Posts: 134

I'm so happy that all these PP:DD news are coming out in these last few weeks, it's really getting me hyped for the game! I wish it were Fall already!! :Bikini:

Now, regarding my thoughts on this new trailer..:

Spoiler:
I like the new detective already! I like when there's a balance of new characters and returning characters, and if they're not bringing back Ema, then I don't mind. He seems enthusiastic enough, but I feel he might come off as annoying...

The new prosecutor certainly looks dark, I guess fitting in with the dark age of law that was said to be happening, but I wonder if he's working underneath Edgeworth since he's now the chief.

Speaking of Edgeworth, so incredibly happy he's back!! Can't believe such a major character was revealed to be back already. I'd hope that's not the end of returning players...

Image
Image
Thanks to RandomJibberish for the sig!
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

It's time.

Gender: Male

Location: Karyfornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Posts: 2401

R.M. wrote:
I'm so happy that all these PP:DD news are coming out in these last few weeks, it's really getting me hyped for the game! I wish it were Fall already!! :Bikini:

Now, regarding my thoughts on this new trailer..:

Spoiler:
I like the new detective already! I like when there's a balance of new characters and returning characters, and if they're not bringing back Ema, then I don't mind. He seems enthusiastic enough, but I feel he might come off as annoying...

The new prosecutor certainly looks dark, I guess fitting in with the dark age of law that was said to be happening, but I wonder if he's working underneath Edgeworth since he's now the chief.

Speaking of Edgeworth, so incredibly happy he's back!! Can't believe such a major character was revealed to be back already. I'd hope that's not the end of returning players...


To be honest, I don't want EVERYTHING given to me via news. I'd rather most reveals be a secret that way I can flip my shit when I see "Character X" in the game
Image
"Hey guys! I'm Galactus, and I'm actually a giant storm cloud! Beware!"


eliska's photoshop skills are responsible.
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

流尾亞のロイヤルな理由

Gender: Female

Location: Chasing my tail, as always

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 2398

Bolt Storm wrote:
I'm not sure that Apollo showing Athena his badge was from Athena's point of view. I could see that being from Phoenix's point of view, something like Athena getting angry and then the camera switching to Apollo trying to show her his badge to calm her down or something. :odoroki:

Not that I'd object to playable Athena.

So Athena is easily distracted by attorney badges? Duly noted.

I thought it being from Nick's view at first, but the way that Rei talks to them is as if Nick isn't around. I can understand it if Nick happens to accompany them to this school-like environment, though. He'll be their chaperone... and at some point be confused for a teacher or staff member who works there.

:moe-laugh:
Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Also includes an ongoing side project Maya Fey: Ace Advisor, where Maya & co. help your Japanese study needs!
More language projects currently in the works.

Also, click here for my published fanfiction. I'm new to this field, but I'm a pretty experienced story writer. Comments, questions, criticisms welcome! If you're going to give a review, don't skimp on the criticism!
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:40 pm

Posts: 80

Perhaps we get to play as both Phoenix and Apollo in the first case? *shrug*
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Student-Artist-Ace Attorney Fanboy

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am

Posts: 134

Blak The Great wrote:
R.M. wrote:
I'm so happy that all these PP:DD news are coming out in these last few weeks, it's really getting me hyped for the game! I wish it were Fall already!! :Bikini:

Now, regarding my thoughts on this new trailer..:

Spoiler:
I like the new detective already! I like when there's a balance of new characters and returning characters, and if they're not bringing back Ema, then I don't mind. He seems enthusiastic enough, but I feel he might come off as annoying...

The new prosecutor certainly looks dark, I guess fitting in with the dark age of law that was said to be happening, but I wonder if he's working underneath Edgeworth since he's now the chief.

Speaking of Edgeworth, so incredibly happy he's back!! Can't believe such a major character was revealed to be back already. I'd hope that's not the end of returning players...


To be honest, I don't want EVERYTHING given to me via news. I'd rather most reveals be a secret that way I can flip my shit when I see "Character X" in the game


Definitely, I feel the same way. There are many characters that I'd love to return, and seeing them in game with no warning at all is always a "OMGERJEDSFRNE2#@($@)#@!" type of moment.
Image
Image
Thanks to RandomJibberish for the sig!
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Alabama

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:11 am

Posts: 204

CatMuto wrote:
Spoiler: Recurring Characters
Maybe they aren't showing Edgeworth because they did change his appearance and don't want to spoil the surprise yet.

As for Trucy.... urgh, first picture I see of her in the new game is her and her damn panties! Burn them!


The rest of it looks so-so.... I might get the game, eventually.
But the entire thing being on e-Shop is still iffy for me.

C-A


*sigh* Do you ever have anything positive to say about the series? As long as I've been posting and lurking on here (which admittedly hasn't been long), you've done nothing but show constant apathy and downright negativity towards the games.
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Don't mess with the dee!

Gender: Female

Location: Probably near my trombone

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:27 pm

Posts: 49

I watched the trailer several times and this is what I found out...

Spoiler:
If any of you guys noticed in the trailer at the point where it's about to introduce Yugami, you'll see that the colors invert for just a split second. And Apollo's speaking. Annnnd we all know that
Inverted colors + Apollo = Perceive ability. Does this mean that you'll be able to USE IT???!!? :beef: Watch the trailer several times and compare this moment to the screenshot provided and you'll see what I mean.


Just a theory, as always.
The waddle dee in glasses does not like bad grammar.

MAH YOUTUBE: Just a bunch of Ace Attorney stuffs.

The ava is not mine. At all.
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Law 'Shark'

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:43 pm

Posts: 525

It makes sense you'd get to use it, to be honest...it'd be pretty half-assed to throw Apollo into court days and NOT be able to use the perceive ability!
Image
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: Australia

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:41 am

Posts: 870

I hope the dub doesn't ruin the new prosecutor's "shut it!" objection. It sounds badass in Japanese.

Alternatively Capcom should just allow us to play the game with the Japanese VO with english subtitles.
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Derper

Gender: Male

Location: Volley of Cannons

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:28 pm

Posts: 148

nearsightedwaddledee wrote:
I watched the trailer several times and this is what I found out...

Spoiler:
If any of you guys noticed in the trailer at the point where it's about to introduce Yugami, you'll see that the colors invert for just a split second. And Apollo's speaking. Annnnd we all know that
Inverted colors + Apollo = Perceive ability. Does this mean that you'll be able to USE IT???!!? :beef: Watch the trailer several times and compare this moment to the screenshot provided and you'll see what I mean.


Just a theory, as always.

It's hinted that you can use Perceive, but I think those colors were actually from your eyes getting sprayed at by that character with the blonde hair.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 6826

TheIdioteque wrote:
*sigh* Do you ever have anything positive to say about the series? As long as I've been posting and lurking on here (which admittedly hasn't been long), you've done nothing but show constant apathy and downright negativity towards the games.


Look, I like the game series and all.
Just that the portrayal of the law and logic is absolute shit. If they changed the game to be more serious, great. It's just that this is the next game after AJ and, well, AJ was really not that great. Only good thing was Hobohodo, that's it. Then again, it's the AAI team taking over here, so maybe it'll be more fun. I enjoyed GK1 and GK2, from what I've played from the latter.
I just wish they'd remove that damn sprite of Phoenix' :ack: face.
Come on, he's 35 years old now and, despite the 7 year absence, not a rookie lawyer anymore. He should stop looking that horrified when something goes wrong. He was a freaking poker player for 7 years, where's his poker face?

Quote:
Alternatively Capcom should just allow us to play the game with the Japanese VO with english subtitles.


God I so hope they will give us that option...!

C-A
Image
Current Let's Plays: Devil Survivor 2 - NDS
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Law 'Shark'

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:43 pm

Posts: 525

CatMuto wrote:
Just that the portrayal of the law and logic is absolute shit. If they changed the game to be more serious, great.


Yeah, see...that's really never really been the tone of the series - expecting it NOW {especially current Capcom} is a little silly, methinks.
Whilst there have been serious undertones, the series has never TRULY taken itself seriously in any 'full' way.
Image
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

It's time.

Gender: Male

Location: Karyfornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Posts: 2401

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
Alternatively Capcom should just allow us to play the game with the Japanese VO with english subtitles.


God I so hope they will give us that option...!

C-A


You're better off not expecting these things.

It'll take a lot more than average voice acting to destroy a game for me.
Image
"Hey guys! I'm Galactus, and I'm actually a giant storm cloud! Beware!"


eliska's photoshop skills are responsible.
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

流尾亞のロイヤルな理由

Gender: Female

Location: Chasing my tail, as always

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 2398

nearsightedwaddledee wrote:
I watched the trailer several times and this is what I found out...

Spoiler:
If any of you guys noticed in the trailer at the point where it's about to introduce Yugami, you'll see that the colors invert for just a split second. And Apollo's speaking. Annnnd we all know that
Inverted colors + Apollo = Perceive ability. Does this mean that you'll be able to USE IT???!!? :beef: Watch the trailer several times and compare this moment to the screenshot provided and you'll see what I mean.


Just a theory, as always.

Do you mean the part where he shrieks in pain? Surely perceiving doesn't make him go "Geee!" Besides, he always saves perceiving for during his trials.

...unless this game has a new mechanic for his bracelet to react to people during investigation phases, but that makes the magatama seem obsolete, so probably not. (Even if it makes more sense for either item to work wherever...)

CatMuto wrote:
I just wish they'd remove that damn sprite of Phoenix' :ack: face.
Come on, he's 35 years old now and, despite the 7 year absence, not a rookie lawyer anymore. He should stop looking that horrified when something goes wrong. He was a freaking poker player for 7 years, where's his poker face?

What's wrong with Nick's :ack: face? It's hilarious. What I don't prefer is Nick's new confident face. His smile seems a bit too wide, but it's not too distracting anyway.
Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Also includes an ongoing side project Maya Fey: Ace Advisor, where Maya & co. help your Japanese study needs!
More language projects currently in the works.

Also, click here for my published fanfiction. I'm new to this field, but I'm a pretty experienced story writer. Comments, questions, criticisms welcome! If you're going to give a review, don't skimp on the criticism!
Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Programmer

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:25 pm

Posts: 466

Reglare wrote:
It's hinted that you can use Perceive, but I think those colors were actually from your eyes getting sprayed at by that character with the blonde hair.


Image

Yup, it's from the scene before.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on IRC!
Page 1 of 2 [ 60 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
cron
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO
[ Time : 1.699s | 17 Queries | GZIP : On ]