Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 2[ 60 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Ace Attorney 5 : New trailer / Returning character confiTopic%20Title

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
I just wish they'd remove that damn sprite of Phoenix' :ack: face.
Come on, he's 35 years old now and, despite the 7 year absence, not a rookie lawyer anymore. He should stop looking that horrified when something goes wrong. He was a freaking poker player for 7 years, where's his poker face?

What's wrong with Nick's :ack: face? It's hilarious. What I don't prefer is Nick's new confident face. His smile seems a bit too wide, but it's not too distracting anyway.

The thing is that Phoenix was this guy for a few years:
You know, cool as liquid hydrogen. And now we should believe he is nervous and fearful again?
Personally I hope he only acts nervous for the first case, so that they have a reason to give new players a tutorial. I would have prefered a tutorial where Phoenix explains stuff to Athena, but we don't even know if case 1 is actually Athena's first case.

The butler is the culprit!

I really do like the fact, that they made Edgeworth look more like his dad as he got older.

Derper

Lusankya wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Come on, he's 35 years old now and, despite the 7 year absence, not a rookie lawyer anymore. He should stop looking that horrified when something goes wrong. He was a freaking poker player for 7 years, where's his poker face?

What's wrong with Nick's :ack: face? It's hilarious. What I don't prefer is Nick's new confident face. His smile seems a bit too wide, but it's not too distracting anyway.

You know, cool as liquid hydrogen. And now we should believe he is nervous and fearful again?
Personally I hope he only acts nervous for the first case, so that they have a reason to give new players a tutorial. I would have prefered a tutorial where Phoenix explains stuff to Athena, but we don't even know if case 1 is actually Athena's first case.

Well, to be fair, the only cases he was shown to be really cool as liquid hydrogen involved Kristoph and a case he just needed 7 years to find Kristoph guilty of. Those were also in Apollo's point-of-view.

His dorkiness was still apparent in Case 3 and 4 when Trucy talked about what happened on a Ferris Wheel, and then when Phoenix got surprised about a possibility he never thought for 7 years about the Troupe Gramarye case.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Procrastinating...

Lusankya wrote:
You know, cool as liquid hydrogen.

True. People say that he's still GONNA BE that way. I hope not. :apollo-shock: :nixiesob: :zap: :sob:

Oh...and its nitrogen. Liquid nitrogen. I have to be so big of a NERD to know that by heart.
So... How's life?

Reglare wrote:
Well, to be fair, the only cases he was shown to be really cool as liquid hydrogen involved Kristoph and a case he just needed 7 years to find Kristoph guilty of. Those were also in Apollo's point-of-view.

His dorkiness was still apparent in Case 3 and 4 when Trucy talked about what happened on a Ferris Wheel, and then when Phoenix got surprised about a possibility he never thought for 7 years about the Troupe Gramarye case.

Well, I don't say he should act like he did during Kristoph's trial, but he shouldn't be just the same Phoenix we know of AA1 to AA3. Before I judge him I have to play the full game myself, but I hope his nervous behaviour we saw in the demo won't last long. Of course his official art looks very confident and determined, so I am pretty sure they will go this way.

nearsightedwaddledee wrote:
Oh...and its nitrogen. Liquid nitrogen. I have to be so big of a NERD to know that by heart.

I don't know what you mean, is "cool as liquid nitrogen" a common phrase? I just chose liquid hydrogen, because it's even cooler than liquid nitrogen. :godot:

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

Because it doesn't suit an older, more sophisticated Phoenix who has managed to clear his name and return to the Law. It makes sense for Apollo to have it, since he's still kind of a rookie in terms of court mind-plays and all. And as mentioned, Phoenix played poker.
What, did he never learn how to create a damn poker face?

C-A

He has a poker face.

In 4-4, Zak says Phoenix didn't look surprised and Phoenix says something along the lines of "must be my poker face".

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Case 1 is explicitly described as Phoenix's case, not Athena's, throughout the official site. Whether she is actually playable at points remains to be seen.
Lusankya wrote:

CatMuto wrote:
Because it doesn't suit an older, more sophisticated Phoenix who has managed to clear his name and return to the Law. It makes sense for Apollo to have it, since he's still kind of a rookie in terms of court mind-plays and all. And as mentioned, Phoenix played poker.

C-A

This is the one thing that has bothered me since TGS last year. AJ's Nick is radically different from DD's because one giant 7-year-worth burden has been lifted. Admittedly, Nick does seem a bit too nervous in the first case, but I'm sure it's meant as a joke, sort of a nostalgic glance to the AA. (Nick makes a constant effort to lampshade the fact, even.) And I wouldn't say "cool as liquid hydrogen" - more like "cool as a spring breeze". :matt: Even during the "present" investigations of Turnabout Succession, he wasn't acting much different from his "past" self. Besides, Apollo is just that easy to make fun of. Nick's been the center of verbal abuse ever since he began his career; having someone to tease without getting backlashes is like a priceless treasure to cherish.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Perhaps one of the cases is set in a school. The background in this picture looks like a Japanese school to me: Image

I'm glad Edgeworth's back and looking more like his dad! :gregory:

(I couldn't get the picture to work, but it's the one with the character in a uniform similar to Yumihiko's)

Phantom Prosecutor

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

To be fair, it's easier to hide your emotions when you're playing poker than it is when you're defending somebody from being jailed for murder... or for blowing up a courtroom.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

First off, about the returning characters:

Spoiler:
I expected Trucy to be back. Nothing really surprising there.

About Edgeworth, I've previously stated I didn't want Edgeworth back in a big way. After seeing him and his new look, now I have to admit I'm excited to have him back. Either it's just my inner fan outweighing my old "Everything needs to be different" opinion, or it's that it looks like he's being handled in a great way, but I don't have any issues with him appearing. His new role as Chief Prosecutor (Similar to the role of the main DA) means that he won't just pop up to prosecute any case, which means the reason that I didn't necessarily want him in the game before (that he'd show up randomly like he did a bit in T&T or would be the main prosecutor of the game) is not really an issue, since he would only prosecute a major case that had far-reaching or political consequences. (maybe the last case of the game or something)). Also, considering we don't know what the English future of the franchise is, if this turns out to be the last one we get it'll be nice to have Edgeworth around a little bit.

Regarding Phoenix's :ack: face, that was a small concern to me too, but if I remember correctly, when I played the demo the only time Phoenix did that was if I presented the wrong evidence, something that isn't ever canon anyway, so if the demo is any indication they might only use it when the player makes a mistake, which makes sense since if a genius legendary defense attorney who never lost a case made a mistake that big, they'd probably have a bit of a freakout.

The thing about info regarding new AA is that it's a little like seeing a trailer/clip to an upcoming comedy series. A lot of new stuff seems unmemorable or weird when you are seeing it for the first time and without any context, but when you end up watching/playing, in context everything works. So while none of the new characters seem that interesting to me now, that's only because I don't have the game in my hands to experience in full. So I don't really have any feelings or opinions on any of the new stuff, other than that it does indeed look like AA, and that the info we have been getting about it in the last year has consistently not only met but have exceeded my expectations about this game.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Giegue wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

To be fair, it's easier to hide your emotions when you're playing poker than it is when you're defending somebody from being jailed for murder... or for blowing up a courtroom.

Not really. If you're good enough with a poker face, you can put it on in any situation. :agent-Smith:

C-A

Procrastinating...

A question for those who understand (and can read) Japanese:

Does anybody recognize the name of this Yumihiko Ichiyanagi-look-alike? He looks just about the same as him, except with the dictionary and different color hair. :eh?:

EDIT:

Gah! Why can't anybody get this image to work?!?! :edgeworth:
So... How's life?

However besides the uniform he doesn't look like Yumihiko at all.

Lusankya wrote:

He really doesn't look like Yumihiko at all.
I'm not that used to the Kanji of the Japanese names, but seems to me he's saying, "Hmpf, you are (definitely) not Naruhodo Ryuichi"

C-A

Racing through the sky like a Missile

nearsightedwaddledee wrote:
A question for those who understand (and can read) Japanese:

Does anybody recognize the name of this Yumihiko Ichiyanagi-look-alike? He looks just about the same as him, except with the dictionary and different color hair. :eh?:

EDIT:

Gah! Why can't anybody get this image to work?!?! :edgeworth:

If you're using Imageshack, use the direct link, like such.
Spoiler: Beware glasses lazers

The student's name is Rei (レイ). He seems to respect Phoenix, if he's using his proper title "Attorney Wright" (成歩堂弁護士). But he doesn't share the same sentiments for Apollo and Athena.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
If you're using Imageshack, use the direct link, like such.
Spoiler: Beware glasses lazers

Edgeworth's new glasses are awesomesauce!

C-A

Let's Player...kinda

The New trailer post-demo of AA5 show another returning caracter. Which one ? We already see that Trucy were in there.

Spoiler: End of Trailer In-Game
The return of Miles Edgeworth is shown at the very end of the trailer with his tsk/think pose ! :think:

Link to the updated trailer here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qMhb93fdso

OBJECTION!

I like that
Spoiler:
Edgeworth is back

I hope Phoenix isnt made like Rookie GS1 Phoenix for the sake of it, that would be stupid. He was a poker player for 7 years and he has matured, 35 years old now so should be calmer than he was before.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Is him being back really a spoiler?
It was shown in the official trailer after all.
Page 2 of 2 [ 60 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » General » Trial Minutes