Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 2[ 58 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Level-5 is working towards a PLvsAA release in EU/USTopic%20Title

The Maya Maniac

Finally! I really hope they'll translate it soon, we waited long enough for it :)
Can't wait to see Maya with Phoenix again! I really miss her... :sad-maya:

Level Up! - Magican Girl Form!

Oh, please. PLEASE, Level-5! I need PL vs AA in my life. BADLY.

With love from the US.
Fanfic: Here!
Last Updated: 7/17/08
Idea, Art, and Discussion Post: Here!
OTHER STUFF PARI DOES:
Sprites: Here!
*Major thanks to Eduds for the sprites of Talia and Elissa!*

That would be great if the game actually did come out here.

No love for Time Travelers though? :sadshoe:

The Law 'Shark'

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:

Something tells me they'll get to it...it's just gonna take a long time!
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

Sebastian Stark wrote:

Something tells me they'll get to it...it's just gonna take a long time!

Consider what Iwata said not to long ago, i think it was at the stock holders meeting or something.

Nintendo now don't want there to be a huge gap between the games announcement and the release date, so it would make sense if they only announce games perhaps 3/4 months before they release.

What did he do this time...?

Quote:
Nintendo now don't want there to be a huge gap between the games announcement and the release date, so it would make sense if they only announce games perhaps 3/4 months before they release.

You're right about that. Nintendo has been localizing games at record speed. (see Pokémon X/Y) Dual Destinies is also getting a speedy release.
However I'm confused about the final Prof. Layton game (Azran Legacy) and that it's getting pushed to early 2014 for NA. (late 2013 for EU)
Is it possible PL vs AA will come out before then? Level 5 has a tendency to announce games close to their release date (see Miracle Mask last year).
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Quote:
Consider what Iwata said not to long ago, i think it was at the stock holders meeting or something.

Did Iwata specifically mention Time Travelers in an interview?

Quote:

Did Iwata specifically mention Time Travelers in an interview?

No, i never said he did. I'm just saying that when/if they announce a localisation, it won't be too long after that until it releases.

Azran Legacies, when it was first announced, was always a late 2013 for EU and early 2014 for US release, so it would be unlikely that they would release VS before this time. If this is the case, then i can see perhaps a Spring 2014 EU release and Summer 2014 release for US, to keep the gap between games just right. Or if not, then another year we will have to wait... :igarashi:

Quote:
Azran Legacies, when it was first announced, was always a late 2013 for EU and early 2014 for US release, so it would be unlikely that they would release VS before this time. If this is the case, then i can see perhaps a Spring 2014 EU release and Summer 2014 release for US, to keep the gap between games just right. Or if not, then another year we will have to wait...

Now that I think about it, you're probably right. I've heard Azran Legacies has twice as many puzzles as a normal game, which takes longer to make I suppose.
That means PL vs AA probably gets pushed back. Which is likely the "please be patient" part of Hino's statement.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Doesn't anyone remember when the game was announced way back in 2010? We thought that Japan would get it in 2011, and it would get localized soon afterwards. That obviously hasn't happend. :chinami:

Doesn't anyone remember when the game was announced way back in 2010? We thought that Japan would get it in 2011, and it would get localized soon afterwards. That obviously hasn't happend. :chinami:

Of course we do, the demand for it is still huge, just look at every post on Level 5 USA facebook page and the comments are filled with people asking for it!

The localisation is difficult, purely because they had a stead stream of games, one released every year at the end of each year (Usually), but they wouldn't derive from the main storyline in the west just for the crossover, as people would get confused, and may even get angry that they
Spoiler:
ended on a cliffhanger in Miracle Mask, and yet they don't release the conclusion, but a side story set way after MM.

It wouldn't bother me when they release the games, obviously, but i mean i'd like it ASAP :hotti:

Blah!

Can we please stop complaining about the lack of localization of this game? It hasn't been a year since release, and most games similar to PL vs. AA take a year, plus or minus a few months, to localize after the JP release. PL vs. AA may also be more difficult to localize because it combines two franchises. Plus, Level5 may be focusing a bit more on Azran Legacy, since that's a direct sequel in one of their flagship series.

I would say that AA5 is spoiling us, but people have been complaining for many months before that localization announcement, which sounds impatient to me. I wouldn't be concerned about this unless we still don't have any solid news by the end of the year.

And just because the game was announced long ago doesn't mean the localization process started then. It seems that they announced the game during early production and things were changed along the way (based on changes between the announcement and things closer to release), so it wouldn't have made sense to start localization at that time.

By all means, keep showing that the fans want the game, but don't be mad that Level5 hasn't delivered yet. It's just too early to be concerned that it's not coming.

Quote:
Can we please stop complaining about the lack of localization of this game? It hasn't been a year since release, and most games similar to PL vs. AA take a year, plus or minus a few months, to localize after the JP release. PL vs. AA may also be more difficult to localize because it combines two franchises. Plus, Level5 may be focusing a bit more on Azran Legacy, since that's a direct sequel in one of their flagship series.

Everyone, myself included, already knows that localizations take a long time. We just wanted to hear confirmation that one was happening, and this announcement gave us just that.

Quote:
And just because the game was announced long ago doesn't mean the localization process started then. It seems that they announced the game during early production and things were changed along the way (based on changes between the announcement and things closer to release), so it wouldn't have made sense to start localization at that time.

Releasing AA5 internationally was priority from day one according to Capcom. A lot of games are released worldwide at roughly the same time.

Blah!

Maybe I'm just overreacting to the vocal few. Especially on places like Tumblr. Sorry.

Quote:
Maybe I'm just overreacting to the vocal few. Especially on places like Tumblr. Sorry

I don't blame you. I think some of us have hyped the game up a lot and are losing patience for something so awesome.
Turnabout Destiny

blahmoomoo wrote:

I would say that AA5 is spoiling us, but people have been complaining for many months before that localization announcement, which sounds impatient to me. I wouldn't be concerned about this unless we still don't have any solid news by the end of the year.

By all means, keep showing that the fans want the game, but don't be mad that Level5 hasn't delivered yet. It's just too early to be concerned that it's not coming.

true it might take a while with localization since they probally will focus more on the new layton game but people just need to be patient as long as it gets localized its all that matters :minuki:

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

With most North American games that get imported to other countries and around the time of the North American release, Japan usually gets them last.
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

fourtrass wrote:
With most North American games that get imported to other countries and around the time of the North American release, Japan usually gets them last.

i guess its japan's way of revenge :keiko:
Page 2 of 2 [ 58 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » General » Trial Minutes