Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 4[ 132 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

[Updated] Dual Destinies in Famitsu 7/11Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Update 2: And the official site has updated with the below info. Check it out!

Looks like we're in for one last round of info before the game hits. hoso_boso reports that according to 2ch, Famitsu has a Dual Destinies article showing off a character we've seen in trailers/posters but hasn't been officially announced yet, namely

Spoiler:
Pearl Fey.

No other details have leaked yet, but hopefully we'll get a bit more info in the coming days.

Also, GS5 will feature again on Capcom's Hagitoko! web broadcast next Monday at 20:00 JST, which is 7:00 AM EST for those who want to catch it as it airs.

UPDATE: Whole bunch of details from hoso_boso! Listin' em quick because I'm in a bit of a rush.

Spoiler:
  • Pearl gets her official art and a brief introduction as a medium-in-training, but the magazine won't say what case she appears in.
  • Athena is indeed the main character of case 3. The actual trial portion features Athena going up against Simon, with Apollo taking on the partner role.
  • The victim of case 3 is a teacher of Juniper's who was shot with an arrow and killed - the same situation that was used in the mock trial between Apollo and Klavier. As Juniper was the one who set up the trial, she's under suspicion.
  • Two new characters: hot-blooded Chishiro Atsui and cooler, genius-level Rei Shizuya. In the newspaper article on the main site, Rei's the one in blue, and Chishiro's the one in red. Though they're friendly with Juniper, Athena picks up that there's something going on beneath the surface.
  • There will be two save files.
  • During investigations, the "investigation memo" is provided to you as a check-list of things to do. You can refer to it if you get stuck.
  • During trials, if you start running out of health (in the screenshot the bar was down to half), you can ask for hints from your partner by pressing X.

Also, next week's Famitsu will have a GS5 article to commemorate the upcoming release. Not clear if it'll have new info or just be a recap of what we know.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Dual Destinies in Famitsu 7/11Topic%20Title

Oh yeah, I so want to see the official art!

I wish I WERE the best.

Curious to see
Spoiler:
what she looks like now, bar the one screenshot of her.

would be cool as well to see if they might show other characters beside
Spoiler:
pearl
and
Spoiler:
pearl
probally looks like how she looked in the trailer with the same outfit just older and same hairstyle

Last edited by Church Of Sumire on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godot's the Man

zombieg3nocide wrote:
Spoiler:
pearl
probally looks like how she looked in the trailer with the same outfit just older and same hairstyle

Spoilers?

Last edited by Bolt Storm on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Removing spoiler that was outside tags.

GyakutenGodot wrote:
zombieg3nocide wrote:
Spoiler:
pearl

Spoilers?

fixed it lol

Last edited by Bolt Storm on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Removing spoiler that was outside tags.

Game On

You both do realize that the spoilers are still within the quotes you both just posted :eh?:
Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, See No Evil

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Um... How are they spoilers if they're all over the trailers, website and Famitsu coverage?

That's basically the same as saying Apollo being playable is a spoiler.

Spoiler: All of AA5
The main character is Phoenix.

Anyway looking forward to this Famitsu. Been wanting to know more about *REDACTED* since she wasthey were announced.

元・超会社員級の管理人

I've done a bit of digging and nobody seems to say there's anything in the article besides that character. Scans are MIA as well. Guess we'll find out if there's more tomorrow when the official site updates.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Just another day.

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Curious to see
Spoiler:
what she looks like now, bar the one screenshot of her.

and done (that's assuming you meant artwork and not in-game) :x
Spoiler:

Do you see the black one...or the white?

If this somehow signifies an excuse to bring Mia back to the game as well, this better not end up being as creepy as it was with little Pearl getting possessed.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

This spoilered person looks like...there's no sign of age change :X

Huddini wrote:

Huh? There is.

Lusankya wrote:
Huddini wrote:

Huh? There is.

Yeah, she has been stretched out.

I'm just kidding, but I think they could've done a better job of making her look a little bit older. Why would she still have the same haircut AND clothes?

I just blue myself

Thane wrote:
Lusankya wrote:
Huddini wrote:

Huh? There is.

Yeah, she has been stretched out.

I'm just kidding, but I think they could've done a better job of making her look a little bit older. Why would she still have the same haircut AND clothes?

She's a spirit medium so those are the regulation outfits for those in training. Her hair is slightly different...well, less different and more more is added on. I remember at one point Phoenix told Pearls not to change her hair because it looked cute and guess she took that to heart! :pearl:
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

But in all honesty, META humour sucks.

ReturnofthePhoenix wrote:

She's a spirit medium so those are the regulation outfits for those in training. Her hair is slightly different...well, less different and more more is added on. I remember at one point Phoenix told Pearls not to change her hair because it looked cute and guess she took that to heart! :pearl:

Also the hair is usually the trademark of anime characters, so it's not changed very often.
Of course she is quite young looking for a 16/17-year-old, but it's not that unusual for girls/women to look much younger than they actually are. Pearl just is a very delicate and small person.

I know about the clothes but even the colors are all the same. Oh well, it's nice with some familiarity I guess.

Too bad she's the only relative Maya has left to lose. I've got a bad feeling about this.

Thane wrote:
I know about the clothes but even the colors are all the same. Oh well, it's nice with some familiarity I guess.

Too bad she's the only relative Maya has left to lose. I've got a bad feeling about this.

Not really. If you've played T&T, you should probably know what I mean.

Athena_Cykes wrote:
Thane wrote:

My bad.

Too bad she's the only relative Maya has left to lose that she or the players would actually care about. I've got a bad feeling about this.

Godot's the Man

Athena_Cykes wrote:
Thane wrote:

I've played T&T, but I have no idea who your talking about...

Squirtle!

GyakutenGodot wrote:
Athena_Cykes wrote:
Thane wrote:

Spoiler:
Iris is pearl's half sister

Married to SnowWright! Father of Tornado of Souls!

Godot's the Man

jonathanrp wrote:
GyakutenGodot wrote:
Athena_Cykes wrote:

Spoiler:
Iris is pearl's half sister

Ohh, got it. But she was never really close to Maya, since
Spoiler:
she pretty much lived at Hazakura Temple her whole life.

Pearl on the other hand has been close with Maya her whole life. So in essence, she really is the last one for Maya to loose.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Cold52 wrote:
Spoiler:

Is that bead in her hair from Maya's original pair, or did she get one of her own?

Thane wrote:
Too bad she's the only relative Maya has left to lose that she or the players would actually care about. I've got a bad feeling about this.

Oh, yooooouuuuu...

Don't pass around bad feelings; they're contagious!
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

Thane wrote:

Oh, yooooouuuuu...

Don't pass around bad feelings; they're contagious!

Well I'm sorry, but a lot of Maya's relatives have bitten the dust, she herself has been accused of murder three times and she has been kidnapped 1 ½ times (The ½ stands for the temple case in 3-5). We have only seen Pearl in the game and the developers' "lips are sealed" in regards to Maya.

It sure as hell doesn't look good.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Whole bunch of details from hoso_boso! Listin' em quick because I'm in a bit of a rush.

Spoiler:
  • Pearl gets her official art and a brief introduction as a medium-in-training, but the magazine won't say what case she appears in.
  • Athena is indeed the main character of case 3. The actual trial portion features Athena going up against Simon, with Apollo taking on the partner role.
  • The victim of case 3 is a teacher of Juniper's who was shot with an arrow and killed - the same situation that was used in the mock trial between Apollo and Klavier. As Juniper was the one who set up the trial, she's under suspicion.
  • Two new characters: hot-blooded Chishiro Atsui and cooler, genius-level Rei Shizuya. In the newspaper article on the main site, Rei's the one in blue, and Chishiro's the one in red. Though they're friendly with Juniper, Athena picks up that there's something going on beneath the surface.
  • During investigations, the "investigation memo" is provided to you as a check-list of things to do. You can refer to it if you get stuck.
  • During trials, if you start running out of health (in the screenshot the bar was down to half), you can ask for hints from your partner by pressing X.

Also, next week's Famitsu will have a GS5 article to commemorate the upcoming release. Not clear if it'll have new info or just be a recap of what we know.

Wooster wrote:

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Bolt Storm wrote:
Whole bunch of details from hoso_boso! Listin' em quick because I'm in a bit of a rush.

Spoiler:
  • The victim of case 3 is a classmate of Juniper's who was shot with an arrow and killed - the same situation that was used in the mock trial between Apollo and Klavier. As Juniper was the one who set up the trial, she's under suspicion.

Spoiler:
Immediate impressions:

-Still a "medium-in-training," huh? Pearl's channeling ability was already far superior to Maya's in the original trilogy. Is there so much to learn that, even 7 years later, she wouldn't be through by now? I guess it doesn't matter too much either way, it's just funny to me.

-Having three different "protagonists" (characters from whose perspective you play the game) is above and beyond anything we've seen before. As I've said previously, I only hope they juggle all the characters successfully and don't give anyone short shrift.

-Those last three tidbits are all really neat! Seems like they're trying their hardest to smooth out those rough edges of the series that have always been a bit bothersome without being deal breakers

Totally not my sig...

Bolt Storm wrote:

Spoiler:
  • The victim of case 3 is a classmate of Juniper's who was shot with an arrow and killed - the same situation that was used in the mock trial between Apollo and Klavier. As Juniper was the one who set up the trial, she's under suspicion.

Spoiler:
Hmpf. I'm not happy about playing as Athena. I'm not excited about her at all. Maybe it's because she's an 18-year-old analytical psychologist AND defense attorney which bothers me to no end. Oh well, hopefully I'll be positively surprised.

I also hope the assistants don't simply give you the answer. A little nudge in the right direction should be enough.

I'm half-serious about Pearl actually ending up as a victim.

Re: [Updated] Dual Destinies in Famitsu 7/11Topic%20Title

Seasoned Animator

I was right, you can play as Athena.
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter

Fate Testarossa

Bolt Storm wrote:

Spoiler:

BEAUTIFUL

JUST SO BEAUTIFUL

Fate is made by クロス

100% whole grain, now with added fiber!

Spoiler:
Not really sure how I feel about Athena being playable. I like her, but I'd rather see :odoroki: back in the spotlight. Oh well, should be an interesting case nonetheless. I mean, Juniper is accused of bombing a courthouse AND murdering someone with an arrow in the same game? Maya's got nothing on this girl!

ImageImage

I wish I WERE the best.

Bolt Storm wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler: Impressions
  • Nice to know that Athena is the main character for Case 3 and Simon's still there, as Payne's just for Case 1 and Klavier's only there for the mock trial. Guess that beats the complaints Athena's just another 18-year-old assistant.
  • I want the website to update already about Case 3 and Pearl. I have a strange need to see artwork before words.
  • The victim, Masayo Michiba or whatever his (her?) name, dies quite unusually. Then again, nothing is considered "strange" in the world of Ace Attorney.
  • Nice to find out the full names of Rei and the red student although Athena could just read the newspaper to figure out what's the deal with them.
  • Two save files is nice but not mandatory.

Last edited by AnsweringNOW on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

I play videogames.

Bolt Storm wrote:
Spoiler:
The victim of case 3 is a classmate of Juniper's who was shot with an arrow and killed - the same situation that was used in the mock trial between Apollo and Klavier. As Juniper was the one who set up the trial, she's under suspicion.

Quick note, BoltStorm:

Spoiler:
The victim is not a classmate, but rather the teacher of the "judge" class.

Image Image Image

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

This is all really interesting. The two save file could be amazing if the games gets a physical release in the US but if it stays digital only I would imagine it wouldn't be as useful.

I'm surprised photos of the article still haven't appeared.

I hope we hear some news for the English version soon because I'm getting really excited!
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Spoiler:
So umm.. we are gonna get to play as Phoenix outside of Case 1 right?...Right?

At least they are telling us about all of this, so this game doesn't pull a Raiden of MGS2 proportions. But I mean for as big of a spotlight they put on Phoenix at the start, he doesn't seem to actually be playable for much of it.. unless he's the main for cases 4 and hopefully 5 if there is one.

元・超会社員級の管理人

SeanHK wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:
Spoiler:
The victim of case 3 is a classmate of Juniper's who was shot with an arrow and killed - the same situation that was used in the mock trial between Apollo and Klavier. As Juniper was the one who set up the trial, she's under suspicion.

Quick note, BoltStorm:

Spoiler:
The victim is not a classmate, but rather the teacher of the "judge" class.

Ah, you're right. Sorry about that, like I said I was in a bit of a hurry and I misread.

Wooster wrote:

Wikia Ace Attorney Wiki admin

Thane wrote:
Spoiler:
Hmpf. I'm not happy about playing as Athena. I'm not excited about her at all. Maybe it's because she's an 18-year-old analytical psychologist AND defense attorney which bothers me to no end. Oh well, hopefully I'll be positively surprised.

While I'm among the people who like that Athena is playable, you do have a really good point. Edgeworth was 20 when he started, and he was considered young, a prodigy, a genius, etc. I mean, I get that Athena has "powers" (side note: I'm kind of glad that the English localization is removing the implied supernatural element of it), but even so, without the already flimsy "genius" excuse that made Edgeworth / Franziska / Yumihiko work, it does seem like they didn't think this character through as much as they could have.

I was going to try forming a summary of the probable structure of the game's plot, but it got kind of complicated with a lot of weird factors to consider. I think the game will have 5 cases and Phoenix will be the main in the last two, but I'm not entirely sure about the details. Oh, well. We'll know soon enough!

I play videogames.

Just thought I'd mention that the official Gyakuten Saiban 5 site has been update with the new information.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/5/index.html
Image Image Image

I wish I WERE the best.

Yay! New artwork! And information and whatnot!

Spoiler:
I knew the victim was a girl!

Last edited by AnsweringNOW on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Bolt Storm wrote:
Spoiler:

I can fill in a few extra blanks.

Spoiler:
  • The quote that comes with Pearl's picture, "I... still am very young, after all." She's currently aiding Wright's investigation - whatever it is.
  • Actually, the victim is a teacher of the judge class that Juni attends, Masayo Michiba (?).
  • It's Chishio Atsui, actually. He calls himself with 'ore', and the nameplate says 'Chishio'. He prides himself with his ceramic art skills, but when he doesn't want a certain work, he gets rid of it. Kind of an ambitious perfectionist.
  • As for Rei Shizuya, he refers to himself with 'boku', and his nameplate says 'Rei'. He's regarded by everyone at school as a "genius", and is an ace at kyudo (Japanese archery). A pretentious kind of guy. He carries a bow with him and is often found reading through the Six Laws Compendium.
  • Apparently, there was an author who published a story on the murder incident. Don't know who it is, but this person claimed that only Juni and the victim were in charge of the mock trial event, so she's being suspected.
  • hoso_boso has an image of Famitsu on his blog page, but it's been censored for copyright.

Derp, the naming conventions for characters in this game never cease to amaze.

Edit:
SeanHK wrote:
Just thought I'd mention that the official Gyakuten Saiban 5 site has been update with the new information.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/5/index.html

Hah! She's so nervous when it's finally time for HER to take the defense.

Oh, so that's what Koko was freaking out over. Ah, Gin.

Hm, she unleashes an yellow/orange slash after a good objection or so. So will Apollo unleash a red/brown one, and Nick a blue/white one? no, it's not based on their hair color
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

I play videogames.

Spoiler:
Looks like the "hint" your partner gives you in court (should you ask for it) is that they'll point out the testimony they find "suspicious".

Image Image Image
Page 1 of 4 [ 132 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes