Kav wrote:

Based on what we've seen so far it would appear the pairings are as follows:
Case 1 - Phoenix v Gaspen
Case 2 - Apollo v Simon
(Mock Trial) - Apollo v Klavier
Case 3 - Athena v Simon
Case 4 - Phoenix v Simon
Case 5 - Phoenix v Edgeworth

If this is true, then who'll Phoenix run around and solve mysteries with? It looks like Apollo and Athena will stick together and play in the sandbox, but will any of them accompany Phoenix for a longer peroid of time?

I mean, Apollo supposedly leaves the agency at some point, and we know Pearl is coming back...so...does that mean what I think it does?
Re: JP Dual Destinies site updatedTopic%20Title

Game On

Thane wrote:
Kav wrote:

Case 2 - Apollo v Simon
Case 3 - Athena v Simon
Case 4 - Phoenix v Simon

If this is true, then who'll Phoenix run around and solve mysteries with? It looks like Apollo and Athena will stick together and play in the sandbox, but will any of them accompany Phoenix for a longer peroid of time?

I mean, Apollo supposedly leaves the agency at some point, and we know Pearl is coming back...so...does that mean what I think it does?

What do you think it means? That Pearls will replace Apollo? ... I can't see Pearls becoming a lawyer pal :eh?:
Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, See No Evil

Mimi Wright wrote:
Thane wrote:
Kav wrote:

Case 2 - Apollo v Simon
Case 3 - Athena v Simon
Case 4 - Phoenix v Simon

What do you think it means? That Pearls will replace Apollo? ... I can't see Pearls becoming a lawyer pal :eh?:

I was talking about a potential assistant for Phoenix, and I'm very deliberately trying to ignore Athena's existence.

Game On

Thane wrote:
I was talking about a potential assistant for Phoenix, and I'm very deliberately trying to ignore Athena's existence.

Why are you ignoring Athena's existence?

Mimi Wright wrote:
Thane wrote:

Why are you ignoring Athena's existence?

First of all, I think her screen time should have gone to Apollo - Yes, yes a new game needs new characters, but Apollo is fairly bland at the moment. They should make it more obvious what makes him different from Phoenix.

Secondly, while I know it's too early to judge, she seems to be yet another perky cute teenager. She's an 18-year-old who's not only a lawyer but also an analytical psychologist. I grow tired of these 'geniuses'.

Thirdly, it seems like she's mainly there to introduce the mood matrix.

I know I'm being very presumptuous, but this is how I feel at the moment. I hope I'll get positively surprised, I really do, but so far the best thing about Athena is the face she makes when she's being attacked by Taka (seriously? They named the hawk 'Hawk'? Then I prefer Hawkie in Avatar...)

So, that's why I hope she doesn't become Phoenix's assistant. Hopefully her character development comes from elsewhere.

Game On

Thane wrote:
First of all, I think her screen time should have gone to Apollo - Yes, yes a new game needs new characters, but Apollo is fairly bland at the moment. They should make it more obvious what makes him different from Phoenix.

Secondly, while I know it's too early to judge, she seems to be yet another perky cute teenager. She's an 18-year-old who's not only a lawyer but also an analytical psychologist. I grow tired of these 'geniuses'.

I know I'm being very presumptuous, but this is how I feel at the moment. I hope I'll get positively surprised, I really do, but so far the best thing about Athena is the face she makes when she's being attacked by Taka (seriously? They named the hawk 'Hawk'? Then I prefer Hawkie in Avatar...)

So, that's why I hope she doesn't become Phoenix's assistant. Hopefully her character development comes from elsewhere.

I'll have to agree with you on a lot of these points. However I don't think you'll need to worry too too much about her being Nick's assistant. After all if Pearls can't be the assistant, there is always Trucy :minuki:

Mimi Wright wrote:
Thane wrote:

I'll have to agree with you on a lot of these points. However I don't think you'll need to worry too too much about her being Nick's assistant. After all if Pearls can't be the assistant, there is always Trucy :minuki:

Great. She creeps me the f*ck out. I completely forgot about her, although I guess a father/daughter investigation could be fun too.

Makes you wonder what Pearl is there for though.

The Law 'Shark'

Considering you play Athena at one point, ignoring her is not really much of an option.
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

元・超会社員級の管理人

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:
Sure:

Spoiler:
Phoenix: E-eh? ...Pearly!?

Pearl: Well, since I've come this far, I'll do whatever I can!

Phoenix: These... these are Psyche-Locks!

Phoenix: With this Magatama, I can see the secrets people hide.

Phoenix: That, and... why not go back to the basics of being a defense attorney?

Phoenix: Always believe in your client, no matter what.

Phoenix: Well, I don't mean to brag, but plenty of people still call me "young man"!

Simon: Or maybe you're just going senile in your old age.

Edgeworth: For the Chief Prosecutor to stand in court of his own free will... it's quite extraordinary.

Bolt, mind editing the first one? It sounds odd for Nick to call her Pearly when it's reserved for Maya.

And for the last one, I'll just add that it's not just extraordinary, but an unheard-of kind of situation. He's the first Chief Prosecutor to stand in court as per his own decree.

Whoops, I forgot Phoenix calls her "Pearls", not "Pearly". It's been a long time since I've played AA2 or AA3.

And in the latter, I think I meant to write "exceptional" and... didn't. :shoe:
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

new guy

Thane wrote:
Mimi Wright wrote:
Thane wrote:

Great. She creeps me the f*ck out. I completely forgot about her, although I guess a father/daughter investigation could be fun too.

Spoiler:
I have a theory that case 4 will be about something important dealing in Kurain Village. The only reason I can find for Pearl to abruptly go to Wright Anything Agency in the year 2026 would be Maya having an arranged marriage. The suitor to Maya would probably end up as a victim putting either Phoenix, Maya, or Pearl as a defendant. Right before all this happens Apollo leaves the office, so Trucy and Athena would follow Apollo attempting to get him back. Case 4 would switch off between perspectives of Phoenix and Apollo.

In the trailer Phoenix says "I'm returning for one reason alone: to settle the score." Dual Destinies as a whole probably deals with Phoenix attempting to secure the jurist system into the courts, After people begin challenging it. Apollo would see differently, giving him his reason to leave. I just don't want to see the jurist system to be forgotten, it has so much potential in this story.

superjay wrote:

Spoiler:
I have a theory that case 4 will be about something important dealing in Kurain Village. The only reason I can find for Pearl to abruptly go to Wright Anything Agency in the year 2026 would be Maya having an arranged marriage. The suitor to Maya would probably end up as a victim putting either Phoenix, Maya, or Pearl as a defendant. Right before all this happens Apollo leaves the office, so Trucy and Athena would follow Apollo attempting to get him back. Case 4 would switch off between perspectives of Phoenix and Apollo.

In the trailer Phoenix says "I'm returning for one reason alone: to settle the score." Dual Destinies as a whole probably deals with Phoenix attempting to secure the jurist system into the courts, After people begin challenging it. Apollo would see differently, giving him his reason to leave. I just don't want to see the jurist system to be forgotten, it has so much potential in this story.
[/quote]

Excuse me, but what are you talking about? The only thing that would prompt Pearl to go and talk to Phoenix would be...an arranged marriage? Why on earth would that be the only reason?

Also, both Phoenix and Maya have been accused of murder three times now, haven't they? Plus Maya has had her relatives picked off one by one - I think they could cut her some slack, if she even appears in the game.

Kav wrote:
Just curious, but is there any possibility we get to choose who we play as? We've seen a lot of pairings so far, and unless if they've spoiled all of the possible pairings in this game (assuming there's 5 cases) it's possible we could be seeing the same case repeated, but with different leads.

Case 2 - Apollo v Simon
Case 3 - Athena v Simon
Case 4 - Phoenix v Simon

Switch cases 4 and 5 around and you've got my pairings. I think the they'll save the Phoenix/Blackquill confrontation for the final case.

TheIdioteque wrote:
Kav wrote:
Just curious, but is there any possibility we get to choose who we play as? We've seen a lot of pairings so far, and unless if they've spoiled all of the possible pairings in this game (assuming there's 5 cases) it's possible we could be seeing the same case repeated, but with different leads.

Case 2 - Apollo v Simon
Case 3 - Athena v Simon
Case 4 - Phoenix v Simon

Switch cases 4 and 5 around and you've got my pairings. I think the they'll save the Phoenix/Blackquill confrontation for the final case.

What would be the reason though for saving that encounter for last?

100% whole grain, now with added fiber!

Thane wrote:
Also, both Phoenix and Maya have been accused of murder three times now, haven't they? Plus Maya has had her relatives picked off one by one - I think they could cut her some slack, if she even appears in the game.
Spoiler:
I agree. Not counting the Investigations games, Maya has been accused of murder in every game she has appeared in. As much as I want to see Maya, bringing her back in DD just to be accused -AGAIN- or have some unspeakable tragedy happen in her village -AGAIN- would stretch my suspension of disbelief a bit too far.

superjay wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I'm just not sure why Apollo would suddenly oppose the jurist system. I think the last two cases of AJ gave him ample opportunity to see how much it was needed. :hobohodo:

ImageImage

Oh my gosh, this is all so exciting!! :will: Loved the new images, but especially...

Spoiler:
Edgeworth in glasses, and the fact that he's the Chief Prosecutor! I hope we see Maya soon. :(

ekree wrote:
superjay wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I'm just not sure why Apollo would suddenly oppose the jurist system. I think the last two cases of AJ gave him ample opportunity to see how much it was needed. :hobohodo:

Spoiler:
Isn't Blackquill's specialty manipulation? Surely it wouldn't be too far a stretch to assume he can make a young, fairly inexperienced attorney (who has been manipulated in the past, depending on your point of view) doubt a system that was suddenly brought back by a single individual, arguably to make sure one man was caught.

I don't know, I just think that could make for an interesting plot point. And if you think about it like that, Apollo would probably feel guilty too.

That's not very spoilery but I felt left out.

The Law 'Shark'

It wouldn't make sense to mention the jurist system and never show it...and since they've said the system ISN'T in this game, I'mma hazard a guess that the game is just gonna gloss over the end of 4, or just handwave them away as an idea.

Sebastian Stark wrote:
It wouldn't make sense to mention the jurist system and never show it...and since they've said the system ISN'T in this game, I'mma hazard a guess that the game is just gonna gloss over the end of 4, or just handwave them away as an idea.

Good point.

Maybe that's what Phoenix intends to fix? And Apollo wants to stop him? That works too.

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into their fight.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Thane wrote:
Sebastian Stark wrote:

Good point.

Maybe that's what Phoenix intends to fix? And Apollo wants to stop him? That works too.

That might actually make sense. If I remember correctly Apollo said something about "What if the truth you're looking for isn't the same as the one I'm looking for?"

I always felt the two did differ in their views on Justice, even if just slightly. I feel like Phoenix is always trying to find the true killer in order to prove his client not guilty but is mainly interested in using the system to do that; he has a lot of faith in the justice system. Apollo always seemed most concerned with getting the true culprit and I remember a couple of cases in AJ where he seemed ready to possibly be a little more devious or unethical than Phoenix. Apollo kind of becomes disillusioned by Phoenix and the system in AJ so maybe there's a situation where Apollo doesn't feel the system works and wants to find the people responsible through any means necessary but Phoenix still wants to bring them to justice the official way.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

ADA McCoy wrote:
Thane wrote:
Sebastian Stark wrote:

Good point.

That might actually make sense. If I remember correctly Apollo said something about "What if the truth you're looking for isn't the same as the one I'm looking for?"

I always felt the two did differ in their views on Justice, even if just slightly. I feel like Phoenix is always trying to find the true killer in order to prove his client not guilty but is mainly interested in using the system to do that; he has a lot of faith in the justice system. Apollo always seemed most concerned with getting the true culprit and I remember a couple of cases in AJ where he seemed ready to possibly be a little more devious or unethical than Phoenix. Apollo kind of becomes disillusioned by Phoenix and the system in AJ so maybe there's a situation where Apollo doesn't feel the system works and wants to find the people responsible through any means necessary but Phoenix still wants to bring them to justice the official way.

Aye.

And the franchise would be better off distinguishing Apollo and Phoenix and point out what exactly makes them different. Especially if they also prove that neither of them are wrong.

A fight over which system to use would make for a good plot I feel like. I wonder if Athena would join Apollo...

Racing through the sky like a Missile

ADA McCoy wrote:
Thane wrote:
Sebastian Stark wrote:

Good point.

I wouldn't describe it like that, but there's definitely some misunderstanding between them. In all likelihood, whether thanks to Blackquill or not, Apollo becomes confused over which path of justice he should take. (No, I'm not suggesting that he suddenly turn prosecutor.) He's seen how Phoenix had supposedly pulled some strings in an attempt to instate the Jurist System, and at some point, finds that he can't trust him anymore. Thus, he leaves in search of his own way around.

And as any familiar shoe-in would go, Phoenix's old pal Edgeworth would have something to do with reorganizing said Jurist System. I still believe it was thanks to him that Phoenix was able to set up a test trial at all. And lately, I've had a theory how it was by Edgeworth's request that Blackquill be summoned to court once more - in an attempt to tail after a certain someone he's been chasing all this time. Bonus points if said target had been a former suspect of the crime Blackquill was accused of; but not necessary.

...After hearing Fulbright's theme, I want to play it in any scene whether or not it fits.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Zoinks

T...Those glasses :bellboy:
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

Inspector Cabanela wrote:
TheIdioteque wrote:
Kav wrote:

Case 2 - Apollo v Simon
Case 3 - Athena v Simon
Case 4 - Phoenix v Simon

What would be the reason though for saving that encounter for last?

I suppose that it tends to feel more epic when two guys are kept apart from each other, and then finally allowed to go at it. Blackquill faces both of Wright's "pupils" so to speak, so it would just feel very fitting to save Wright's eventual clash with Blackquill for last. Just my two cents.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

TheIdioteque wrote:

I suppose that it tends to feel more epic when two guys are kept apart from each other, and then finally allowed to go at it. Blackquill faces both of Wright's "pupils" so to speak, so it would just feel very fitting to save Wright's eventual clash with Blackquill for last. Just my two cents.

I don't know, I feel like the encounter with Edgeworth would be considered more "epic" and "important" than the Blackquill one. It's been almost 10 years since Japanese gamers saw them in court together, so they're probably even more excited than we are.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

ADA McCoy wrote:
TheIdioteque wrote:

I don't know, I feel like the encounter with Edgeworth would be considered more "epic" and "important" than the Blackquill one. It's been almost 10 years since Japanese gamers saw them in court together, so they're probably even more excited than we are.

You're probably right, but for me, as awesome as it's going to be to see Phoenix and Edgeworth in court together again, it's kind of a "been there, done that" situation. I don't know if anyone watches wrestling, boxing, MMA or anything like that, but in those situations, the longer two guys are held back from each other, the more fans typically want to see them go at each other and the more "epic" their encounter will be. That's how I feel about Phoenix and Blackquill. It's not like older games where Phoenix simply goes up against the same prosecutor over and over (which is what made the Phoenix/Edgeworth court battle in JFA feel so fresh and epic, the fact that Phoenix had already beaten Franziska von Karma twice in the same game), Blackquill faces off against Apollo and Athena and, even though we don't know what happens in those trials, I can see Blackquill being very arrogant and manipulative so much that gamers will be waiting for Phoenix to take him on.

On the flip side though, I can see where you're coming from with Phoenix and Edgeworth. Edgeworth is now the Chief Prosecutor, and I believe I read a translated quote where Edgeworth claims that the Chief Prosecutor only takes "special" cases. So in that instance, I can see how a Phoenix/Edgeworth rematch can seem final case worthy. I wonder if they'll also tie in the fact that Edgeworth is the only person to defeat Wright in court? Especially since that defeat came in their last court battle together.

The Law 'Shark'

Quote:
I wonder if they'll also tie in the fact that Edgeworth is the only person to defeat Wright in court? Especially since that defeat came in their last court battle together.

You could almost say Klavier also has a claim in the 'defeat wright' club - technicalities of the situation aside.

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

Sebastian Stark wrote:
Quote:
I wonder if they'll also tie in the fact that Edgeworth is the only person to defeat Wright in court? Especially since that defeat came in their last court battle together.

You could almost say Klavier also has a claim in the 'defeat wright' club - technicalities of the situation aside.

It was specifically said that the veridict was never given (so technically, he didn't lose that case, whet he did lose however was something quite important to him at the time :hobohodo: ), but I see your point.

Tiagofvarela wrote:
Sebastian Stark wrote:
Quote:

It was specifically said that the veridict was never given (so technically, he didn't lose that case, whet he did lose however was something quite important to him at the time :hobohodo: ), but I see your point.

Yeah, while that was the case that got Wright disbarred, he didn't technically lose that case. I guess in sports terms, it would be considered a 'draw', haha.

The Law 'Shark'

Hence why I said almost. x3

I wonder what the reason was why Blackquill was sent to jail

The Law 'Shark'

That right there will probably be a very reccurring question and theme for the game.

Sebastian Stark wrote:
That right there will probably be a very reccurring question and theme for the game.

maybe it could be the reason for one of phoenix's return or edgeworth

Godot's the Man

Im really thinking there will be 6 cases here. As explained above we now have 5 match ups in court at least. We are however, missing the obligatory Ace Attorney flashback case. Every game since T&T has had one (two in T&Ts case,) I doubt they'll break the tradition. I can see them only mentioning Blackquills case, but somehow I feel that well actually be able to play it.
Whatever the case may be, Blackquill's sentencing case or not, its almost a given that there will be a flashback case here, if not I'll be very surprised.
Honestly this game cant come sooner, we need a "I only want to know one thing" thread soon so us non Japanese readers can get a glimpse of things to come.

Just a fellow PW fan!

GyakutenGodot wrote:
Im really thinking there will be 6 cases here. As explained above we now have 5 match ups in court at least. We are however, missing the obligatory Ace Attorney flashback case. Every game since T&T has had one (two in T&Ts case,) I doubt they'll break the tradition. I can see them only mentioning Blackquills case, but somehow I feel that well actually be able to play it.
Whatever the case may be, Blackquill's sentencing case or not, its almost a given that there will be a flashback case here, if not I'll be very surprised.
Honestly this game cant come sooner, we need a "I only want to know one thing" thread soon so us non Japanese readers can get a glimpse of things to come.

Cases 2 and 3 are confirmed to be flashbacks prior to Case 1... unless if you're referring to flashbacks from years ago or something.

Kav wrote:
GyakutenGodot wrote:

Cases 2 and 3 are confirmed to be flashbacks prior to Case 1... unless if you're referring to flashbacks from years ago or something.

he could be referring to that

I play videogames.

GyakutenGodot wrote:

According to the developers, the game is about the same length as T&T. The reviewer for Famitsu said it took them about 25 hours to complete all of the cases (obviously the number wasn't disclosed). I'd rather play a 5-Case Ace Attorney than a 6-Case one that is the same length as T&T (playtime-wise). Though to be fair, 25/6 = 4.12 hours per case. Not to mention the 1st Case is Court-only and so would be half the time at most. If you're real optimistic, you can even look at "about 25 hours" as very well being slightly more than 25 hours.

I'll most likely be getting the game either next Thursday (the release) or Friday, so I'll help with others for the "I only want to know one thing" thread ASAP.
Image Image Image

Last edited by SeanHK on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

SeanHK wrote:
GyakutenGodot wrote:

According to the developers, the game is about the same length as T&T. The reviewer for Famitsu said it took them about 25 hours to complete all of the cases (obviously the number wasn't disclosed). I'd rather play a 5-Case Ace Attorney than a 6-Case one that is the same length as T&T (playtime-wise). I'll most likely be getting the game either next Thursday (the release) or Friday, so I'll help with others for the "I only want to know one thing" thread ASAP.

Lucky you that your able to play the japanese version :payne:

Inspector Cabanela wrote:
I wonder what the reason was why Blackquill was sent to jail

Hasn't it been stated to be because of Murder?

Quote:
You're probably right, but for me, as awesome as it's going to be to see Phoenix and Edgeworth in court together again, it's kind of a "been there, done that" situation.

I agree to that, it's like having Cloud and Sephiroth face each other in every Final Fantasy franchise game they appear in. It's been done in '97 and people have, hopefully, grown absolutely tired of it. I wish they'd stop.
Which is where the difference lies between Cloud-Sephiroth and Edgeworth-Phoenix.
As it's been mentioned, it's been about 10 years since Edgeworth and Phoenix faced off in court. So it might feel a bit fresh and new.

C-A

Programmer

Yes, but we need more than one word of why. Details are kinda important to plots.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

The Law 'Shark'

Considering the last game that had them both facing off was made in 04 and there's been 3 games made since then...
Well, it's actually kinda overdue! XD
Page 2 of 8 [ 297 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes