Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 2[ 64 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Gyakuten Saiban 5 file sizeTopic%20Title

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
blahmoomoo wrote:
Top reason why this game shouldn't be voice acted: I don't think many actors can replicate the awesomeness of Edgeworth's NGHNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

QFT. Besides, the joke of being able to "read" Nick's thoughts is a prevalent running gag in the series.

I thought that sometimes the player's thoughts were whispered at points. Except Mia can apparently read Nick's thought since she's dead.
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

You want STARS? I'll give you STARS!

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
Not everything has to be voice acted. I'm just mainly talking about key moments. If it really bothers you that much, some games simply let you turn the voice acting off. Especially visual novels.

Having the option to turn it off would probably be a good idea - as it would satisfy both sides.
ImageImage

Racing through the sky like a Missile

fourtrass wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
blahmoomoo wrote:
Top reason why this game shouldn't be voice acted: I don't think many actors can replicate the awesomeness of Edgeworth's NGHNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

QFT. Besides, the joke of being able to "read" Nick's thoughts is a prevalent running gag in the series.

I thought that sometimes the player's thoughts were whispered at points. Except Mia can apparently read Nick's thought since she's dead.

The protagonists' mouths don't move whenever the blue text shows up; they can't be whispering. And spirit mediums in this universe have ESP too, even post mortem.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Blah!

FYI: I was making a joke.

Voice acting is fine, but full or courtroom only voice acting would feel out of place in this game. Cutscenes would be weird without voices though.

FreeFurNawlz wrote:
SeanHK wrote:
I don't think it would be a bad thing if Ace Attorney was completely voice acted (not just cutscenes). After all, it IS a visual novel and many VNs have voice acting.

I don't see why that's a reason to have this game fully voice acted though. Ever since I first played an Ace Attorney game, I always felt that the fact that it wasn't voice acted was part of the charm. I really liked the *beeping* of the text, and I think that the little blips and other sound effects actually made the game very colourful. This game has a unique comedy style and I don't think voice acting would really help. Perhaps I'm the only one who thinks this way. I don't mean to be a downer, but I sincerely hope this series never gets full voice acting.

I agree wholeheartedly. I think it would be weird to have full voice acting, especially since we're so accustomed to the beeps and blips. :yogi:

True but we really cant say it be bad to have full voice acting since we really havnt experienced it unless like TopHat says we actually played PLvsAA

Quote:
True but we really ant say it e bad to have full voice acting since we really havnt experienced it unless like TopHat says we actually played PLvsAA

I haven't played it, but I've seen a few gameplay videos. Phoenix and Maya are voiced by the same actors as the movie. Honestly, they're okay; but it's obvious that these people aren't used to voicing characters rather than just acting as them in live-action. That doesn't mean that the English version will be bad, though. Sometimes celebrities are just okay as voice actors.

Quote:
True but we really ant say it e bad to have full voice acting since we really havnt experienced it unless like TopHat says we actually played PLvsAA

I haven't played it, but I've seen a few gameplay videos. Phoenix and Maya are voiced by the same actors as the movie. Honestly, they're okay; but it's obvious that these people aren't used to voicing characters rather than just acting as them in live-action. That doesn't mean that the English version will be bad, though. Sometimes celebrities are just okay as voice actors.

Well now that I think about it would ruin our image of the characters if a bad voice actor is chosen so that's a fear

You want STARS? I'll give you STARS!

Prosecutor Yuugami wrote:
True but we really cant say it be bad to have full voice acting since we really havnt experienced it unless like TopHat says we actually played PLvsAA

I guess that's true. Well, I think the best course of action would be to see how good the voice acting is in DD. Then, if people like the voices well enough, it could be implemented in future AA games (if there is anymore planned).
ImageImage

FreeFurNawlz wrote:
Prosecutor Yuugami wrote:

I guess that's true. Well, I think the best course of action would be to see how good the voice acting is in DD. Then, if people like the voices well enough, it could be implemented in future AA games (if there is anymore planned).

That's also why I want Dual audio since based on everything the Japanese voices since I am on the border of being a Weeaboo so I want to hear the Japanese voice actors

Quote:
That's also why I want Dual audio since based on everything the Japanese voices since I am on the border of being a Weeaboo so I want to hear the Japanese voice actors

Weeaboo, eh? I think you'll fit right in.

Spoiler: Real Japanese

But are you REALLY a weeaboo?

Spoiler: The Difference

Quote:

Weeaboo, eh? I think you'll fit right in.

Spoiler: Real Japanese

But are you REALLY a weeaboo?

Spoiler: The Difference

Based on both sides I'm a bit of both with Otaku I actually show off my love for anime alot even wear anime shirts everyday unlike otaku moderation and my grammar isn't as bad as a weeaboo so I have to say I'm a bit of both worlds and I love the culture alot and fascinated about it I wish that I could visit Japan and be able to fully learn more on their culture first hand and I prefer Anime more than western showes or comics which is why I shun comic con NY after it took over most of my beloved anime convention :gregory:

Quote:
Based on both sides I'm a bit of both with Otaku I actually show off my love for anime alot even wear anime shirts everyday unlike otaku moderation and my grammar isn't as bad as a weeaboo so I have to say I'm a bit of both worlds and I love the culture alot and fascinated about it I wish that I could visit Japan and be able to fully learn more on their culture first hand and I prefer Anime more than western showes or comics which is why I shun comic con NY after it took over most of my beloved anime convention :gregory:

There's this great invention called "periods" that you might want to consider using. Just saying. :hotti:

Quote:

There's this great invention called "periods" that you might want to consider using. Just saying. :hotti:

Again why I'm abit of both worlds :hotti:

I play videogames.

Spoiler:
Yes.... *fist pump*

Image Image Image

元・超会社員級の管理人

Congrats! I opted for the figure edition, so mine hasn't shipped yet.

(Unfortunately I have no patience, so I'm going to download it as well... :yogi:)
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

*sigh* It sure sounds nice to be fluent in Japanese, have the Japanese systems, and be rich enough to buy expensive import games with all that pain-in-the-ass shipping. :beef:

I play videogames.

Bolt Storm wrote:
Congrats! I opted for the figure edition, so mine hasn't shipped yet.

(Unfortunately I have no patience, so I'm going to download it as well... :yogi:)

I had just enough *me* money to pre-order the physical copy and use FedEx as my shipping option (I have no patience either) at the time I placed the order.

Haha, you'd be spending well over $100 on GS5 alone. Not to mention the DLC that will be coming out in the future. : P

*sigh* It sure sounds nice to be fluent in Japanese, have the Japanese systems, and be rich enough to buy expensive import games with all that pain-in-the-ass shipping. :beef:

I wouldn't call it "rich enough", I just happened to do a better job of saving my money this year... lol.... sigh...
Image Image Image

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

I thought the DLC was free. At least the skin packs.
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

Blah!

Hence the word "future." They probably aren't going to stop at (temporarily) free costume DLC. Only having costume DLC is a waste of time on the developer's end, so there's bound to be more later.

I play videogames.

fourtrass wrote:
I thought the DLC was free. At least the skin packs.

No, the costume pack currently announced is only free in the Japanese eShop for about half a month or so. This is to get people on the fence to buy it quickly.
Image Image Image

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Ah, around 600 Mb. Takes me back to the PC Gaming days when game installations were never over 600 or 700 Mb.

I'm glad there's no voice acting in gameplay in the game. It drives me crazy that they do that with certain scenes in the Layton games. Either give it to me and let me read it myself for don't put the subtitles down there!

With AA I've always liked that I can imagine talented actors doing the voices. I've heard a lot of voice acting over the years, and most of it hasn't been up to par. I wouldn't want to spend an entire game with voice actors who don't do the job well. (I haven't heard anything I don't like so far, mind you, but if the voice acting in the cutscenes are not very good then at least I only have to hear them for 5-10% of the game. :edgy:
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

SeanHK wrote:
Spoiler:
Yes.... *fist pump*

I was contemplating on buying the figure edition but do they still have enough and does it ship to the US? because i wanna see if its worth it because right now i wanna save my paycheck this week but maybe use next weeks to get it :minuki:

迷探偵

I have the limited editions of GS1/4 and GK/GK2 (w/o figure), but I really disliked GS5's LE, so this time, it's digital vanilla for me. Another few hours...
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Critical Thinking Is The Key To Sucess

HOLD IT! 2 savefiles!? excellent! :phoenix:
Page 2 of 2 [ 64 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » General » Trial Minutes