Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 3[ 84 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Ace Attorney 5 - 1st week sales data (Japan)Topic%20Title

We're finally getting the first sales data for Gyakuten Saiban 5/Ace Attorney 5 (Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies), and we have some very good news! Indeed, not only did the game sell more than 240 000 units (242 000 to be more precise, with a sell-through of ~70%), but it was also the best-selling game last week in Japan. It also sold more than Apollo Justice during its first week (242 000 for AA5 vs 240 000 for AA4) Take that!

Those numbers are from Famitsu/Enterbrain, which also take into account the sale of download cards (card you can use to download the game on the Nintendo eShop), but not sales directly from the 3DS eShop.

Here's the sales data from Media Create (doesn't include download cards) :
Quote:
01./00. [3DS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies <ADV> (Capcom) {2013.07.25} (¥5.990) - 250.216 / NEW
02./00. [PS3] Dragon's Crown <RPG> (Atlus) {2013.07.25} (¥8.190) - 104.359 / NEW
03./00. [PSV] Dragon's Crown <RPG> (Atlus) {2013.07.25} (¥8.190) - 71.083 / NEW
04./00. [PS3] The Witch and the Hundred Knights # <RPG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2013.07.25} (¥7.140) - 49.209 / NEW
05./01. [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Dream Team # <RPG> (Nintendo) {2013.07.18} (¥4.800) - 43.721 / 143.694 (-56%)
06./05. [3DS] Friend Collection: New Life # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2013.04.18} (¥4.800) - 22.821 / 1.309.467 (-15%)
07./02. [3DS] Youkai Watch <RPG> (Level 5) {2013.07.11} (¥4.800) - 18.543 / 101.299 (-36%)
08./00. [3DS] Fantasy Life: Link! <RPG> (Level 5) {2013.07.25} (¥4.980) - 18.234 / NEW
09./00. [WIU] LEGO City Undercover <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.07.25} (¥5.985) - 18.199 / NEW
10./03. [WIU] Pikmin 3 <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.07.13} (¥5.985) - 14.161 / 135.393 (-50%)
11./06. [PS3] Earth Defense Force 2025 <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2013.07.04} (¥6.980) - 10.879 / 222.847 (-46%)
12./04. [3DS] Little Battlers eXperience W: Ultra Custom <RPG> (Level 5) {2013.07.18} (¥4.400) - 10.796 / 38.038 (-60%)
13./11. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.11.08} (¥4.800) - 9.966 / 3.345.164 (-1%)
14./10. [3DS] Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.06.13} (¥4.800) - 9.547 / 226.695 (-12%)
15./00. [PSP] Toki no Kizuna: Hanayui Tsuzuri <ADV> (Idea Factory) {2013.07.25} (¥6.090) - 9.252 / NEW
16./00. [3DS] Hoppechan: Tsukutte! Asonde! Punipuni Town!! <ACT> (Nippon Columbia) {2013.07.25} (¥5.040) - 8.837 / NEW
17./07. [PSV] Toukiden # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2013.06.27} (¥6.090) - 8.253 / 208.170 (-36%)
18./12. [3DS] Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.03.20} (¥4.800) - 8.147 / 842.538 (-13%)
19./14. [PSP] Dangan-Ronpa (PSP the Best) # <ADV> (Spike) {2011.11.23} (¥2.940) - 7.507 / 105.158 (+16%)
20./00. [PSP] Toukiden # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2013.06.27} (¥5.040) - 7.428 / 136.840

(Source)

As a comparison, here are the sales data for the previous entries in the series (Famitsu/Enterbrain) :

Quote:
Ace Attorney (Mainline):

GBA:
AA1: 23,911/62,169 (+66,432 Best Price)
AA2: 51,859/116,306 (+54,881 Best Price)
AA3: 76,619/161,893

DS:
AA1: 50,469/117,784 (+254,681+155,813 Best Price)*
AA2: 22,428/214,150 (+123,174 Best)
AA3: 64,860/195,205 (+130,660 Best)
AA4: 240,275/515,417

Ace Attorney Investigations:
AAI1: 201,817/310,028
AAI2: 134,760/219,682

* I'm not sure why there's two 'Best Prices' data for this one..

(Source)

In other words, Ace Attorney 5 sold more during its first week than the best-selling game to date, Apollo Justice, during its first week (240 000 units). Looks like the game is en route to break some (court) records.

Please rejoice that Ace Attorney 5 is kicking behinds in Japan ;)

ImageImageImage

Last edited by L~A on Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Ace Attorney 5 - 1st week sales data (Japan)Topic%20Title

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

This is EXCELLENT news! And this isn't even counting eShop sales, which most likely took the sales over the 250,000 mark.

I'm so proud of the series now. There's no way there *won't* be a GS6 now. If *before* this we had musicals, manga and a movie, I can't imagine what other sorts of awesome stuff the series' future departs.

God, I hope these sales translate to the West somehow... I'd hate to have the series going Japan-only if DD sells poorly :c

Thanks a ton L~A :)

Fate Testarossa

Some impressive numbers there. Hopefully this will translate to Western success as well...

Fate is made by クロス

Master of sharp things!

Very impressive, indeed. I wonder how many people purchased the game through the eShop, though. Is there a way to track that?

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Posted this on da twiterz. The Media Create data doesn't include download cards nor eShop purchases, right L~A? 250.000 in a first week... This gives me a ton of hope.

I just found some sites that claim AJ sold 250k in its first week too... It's not that relevant, but can we confirm DD outsold it if we count digital?

(in here to be an asss)

yeah yeah we know...japan loves the games..they get all the awesome stuffs cause they are soo awesome(it makes sense because it is the country that sells)..not like we didnt push for phoenix to be in marvel vs capcom...but its k you know..its cool..but why is it that I feel and I am acting like I will be getting it soon? I don't know, I know that it will be in september(voice acting the cutscene) but I wish we got it now ( on my summer vacation)

its been just some days when I brought a normal ds game drawn to life 2 since it was on sell since I had the first one..but then I was like man...there ii not a single 3ds game that had interested me..many of them are old mainstream title I didnt touch upon (kingdom of hearts)..and 3ds library didnt expand much in Na as it is still new...neither did it for playstation's visio..
I am just sad that I never really got to enjoy anything in its pique time...I was thinking of getting a ps4 but its not backward compatible..I had Nintendo ds but then the 3ds came out so I traded it..I wanted a gba so bad because it had awesome games but its time was over when I was able to get it.

ehhh..anyway dont want to be off topic so yes...awesome! ...release date please capcom usa?

As far I know, Media Create doesn't track download cards, though Famitsu/Enterbrain do... which is a very good sign, since the numbers are higher for Media Create. That means the game sold at the very least 250 000 units. I guess we can have something like 25 000 additionnal sales through the eShop (10%), which is very good.

As for the actual sales data on the Nintendo eShop, there's unfortunately no way to get any numbers, unless Nintendo gives them directly (which happens rarely, especially for 3rd party titles).
ImageImageImage

It makes me happy to see that Ace Attorney can still move strongly. Well, in Japan at least, we'll have to see about how it does in the west. I've got my fingers crossed!

One hopes the fifth installment will prove to be equally successful in the west...otherwise I'd have to learn Japanese, and somehow I don't think my awesome vocabulary of 30 words and the sentence 'I eat apples' are going to cut it.

ravensep wrote:
(in here to be an asss)

yeah yeah we know...japan loves the games..they get all the awesome stuffs cause they are soo awesome(it makes sense because it is the country that sells)..not like we didnt push for phoenix to be in marvel vs capcom...but its k you know..its cool..but why is it that I feel and I am acting like I will be getting it soon? I don't know, I know that it will be in september(voice acting the cutscene) but I wish we got it now ( on my summer vacation)

its been just some days when I brought a normal ds game drawn to life 2 since it was on sell since I had the first one..but then I was like man...there ii not a single 3ds game that had interested me..many of them are old mainstream title I didnt touch upon (kingdom of hearts)..and 3ds library didnt expand much in Na as it is still new...neither did it for playstation's visio..
I am just sad that I never really got to enjoy anything in its pique time...I was thinking of getting a ps4 but its not backward compatible..I had Nintendo ds but then the 3ds came out so I traded it..I wanted a gba so bad because it had awesome games but its time was over when I was able to get it.

ehhh..anyway dont want to be off topic so yes...awesome! ...release date please capcom usa?

I... I didn't understand half of this, and all I did understand was pretty off-topic. I don't even want to try to read it again. Use punctuation for the sake of all that's good. Take it as if it were mandatory to write properly.

I'm not saying TYPOS ARE FORBIDDEN, FORGET A COMMA AND YOU'RE BANNED, of course, just... Try your best. And stay on topic. I'm quite serious with this.

L~A wrote:
As far I know, Media Create doesn't track download cards, though Famitsu/Enterbrain do... which is a very good sign, since the numbers are higher for Media Create. That means the game sold at the very least 250 000 units. I guess we can have something like 25 000 additionnal sales through the eShop (10%), which is very good.

As for the actual sales data on the Nintendo eShop, there's unfortunately no way to get any numbers, unless Nintendo gives them directly (which happens rarely, especially for 3rd party titles).

Digital sales are never high in Japan so I guess there's no hope for a 300k opening, but I think 275k is indeed a realistic guess. That's not Animal Crossing-level, but it's still a ton. Plenty of reasons to be happy! :D

Bitter Old Man

DeMatador wrote:
This is EXCELLENT news! And this isn't even counting eShop sales, which most likely took the sales over the 250,000 mark.

I'm so proud of the series now. There's no way there *won't* be a GS6 now. If *before* this we had musicals, manga and a movie, I can't imagine what other sorts of awesome stuff the series' future departs.

God, I hope these sales translate to the West somehow... I'd hate to have the series going Japan-only if DD sells poorly :c

If it does poorly (or even VERY poor) in the west it's going to be entirely due to the digital only release scheme. Considering about half of us aren't even going to buy it because of this, I really don't see how it does well, sadly.
Doctor Mario is not a real doctor. Do NOT let him touch your genitals.

Fate Testarossa

Thane wrote:
One hopes the fifth installment will prove to be equally successful in the west...otherwise I'd have to learn Japanese, and somehow I don't think my awesome vocabulary of 30 words and the sentence 'I eat apples' are going to cut it.

Still better than my amazing knowledge of only romanji and food.

Fate is made by クロス

TheRedPriest wrote:
DeMatador wrote:

If it does poorly (or even VERY poor) in the west it's going to be entirely due to the digital only release scheme. Considering about half of us aren't even going to buy it because of this, I really don't see how it does well, sadly.

If 50% of "us" don't buy AA5 just because it's DD only, then I'll guess AA wasn't very popular in the first place.

My name is Judge.

TheRedPriest wrote:

If you aren't buying because of digital only, then it's your fault that it does poorly.

Quote:
It makes me happy to see that Ace Attorney can still move strongly. Well, in Japan at least, we'll have to see about how it does in the west. I've got my fingers crossed!

It all depends on the fans, and their dedication. I know I'd be there even if Capcom went with a 50€ price tag.

Quote:
Digital sales are never high in Japan so I guess there's no hope for a 300k opening, but I think 275k is indeed a realistic guess. That's not Animal Crossing-level, but it's still a ton. Plenty of reasons to be happy! :D

True, but Animal Crossing : New Leaf was an exception. Lots of the digital sales came from players who couldn't find a copy in stores (due to high demand and stocks melting like snow in the sun).

Quote:

Unfortunately, it would be due to the "fans", more than Capcom. I perfectly understand people's dislike of the Nintendo eShop, but is actually stronger than their love for the franchise, they'll only have themselves to blame if Capcom decides not to localise the next game.

This isn't about digital vs physical, it's about the future of the franchise in the west. Yes, that's horrible from Capcom, but that's how it is, unfortunately. And with Svensson no longer at Capcom USA, nothing but strong sales will ensure we do get AA6/AAI3 (I may have "bashed" on Svensson a lot, but without him, the situation would've been much more grim).

Quote:
If 50% of "us" don't buy AA5 just because it's DD only, then I'll guess AA wasn't very popular in the first place.

Exactly. :phoenix:
ImageImageImage

L~A wrote:
DeMatador wrote:

True, but Animal Crossing : New Leaf was an exception. Lots of the digital sales came from players who couldn't find a copy in stores (due to high demand and stocks melting like snow in the sun).

Yeah, I know AC was one of a kind (it's steadily approaching 5 million for heaven's sake), I was just trying to say I'm not expecting it to sell millions, and we shouldn't at all, but it's still pulling awesome numbers. Hope it has good legs and doesn't fall after the first week like most games.

TheRedPriest wrote:
DeMatador wrote:

"Half of us"? Haha, that's funny, you're like the first person I read on CR that openly says "I'm not going to buy Dual Destinies because of it being digital only." I mean, sure, people are disappointed, but they're going to support the series anyway. Because they understand that it's either digital-only or no localization at all. Us true fans get that, and will support it, specially in a time like this, after the AAI2 scandal, when the Ace Attorney series needs as much support as it can get from us western fans. BUYING THE ACTUAL GAMES is the only solid, direct, undeniably effective way to support it.

If you're not buying the game because you have that petty "no box, no sale" attitude, then you're not really a fan. I'm pretty sure anyone who considers themselves an AA fan would buy it even if it were a $40 iOS exclusive. Because it's Gyakuten Saiban freaking Five. It has been a long and uncertain wait, but that is over. So believe me, if you're an fan, you'll buy it. And you'll play it, and you'll enjoy the hell out of it.

Lusankya wrote:

This.

Percei wrote:
If you aren't buying because of digital only, then it's your fault that it does poorly.

THIS.

L~A wrote:
It all depends on the fans, and their dedication. I know I'd be there even if Capcom went with a 50€ price tag.

THIS!

L~A wrote:
Unfortunately, it would be due to the "fans", more than Capcom. I perfectly understand people's dislike of the Nintendo eShop, but is actually stronger than their love for the franchise, they'll only have themselves to blame if Capcom decides not to localise the next game.

This isn't about digital vs physical, it's about the future of the franchise in the west. Yes, that's horrible from Capcom, but that's how it is, unfortunately. And with Svensson no longer at Capcom USA, nothing but strong sales will ensure we do get AA6/AAI3 (I may have "bashed" on Svensson a lot, but without him, the situation would've been much more grim).

Aaaand... this.

The fans have spoken.

L~A wrote:

I am very sure the price will be around 29.99 $/Euros. Everytime they justified the DD only thing they said it will be reflected in the pricing.

What did he do this time...?

I can't exactly remember, but isn't this selling much more (for the first week) than Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney and Prof. Layton Miracle Mask?
I remember reading articles about how both games struggled to sell. I wonder if the popularity of Ace Attorney is higher than the Professor in Japan, or perhaps it's because there's more 3DSs there. (I believe a reason why the two games above did not sell well was because of the lack of 3DSs.)
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

TheRedPriest wrote:
DeMatador wrote:

If Dual Destinies does poorly then it is not because of the digital only thing. That is literally just a pointless way to blame capcom if the series does perform badly, if the series performs it's due to the lack of interest. The only real market here is the current ace attorney fan base, a non fan isn't likely to buy this game. That is an unfortunate fact, one which capcom have actually tried to overcome by releasing the original games on the wii and on ios.

If you decide not to buy Dual Destinies because of the fact it's only digital, then you are a terrible fan. An action like this will literally send the franchise to the graveyard. Yes, it's annoying how i can't complete my box collection of games, but at the end of the day the box of a game does not contribute to it's content.

DeMatador wrote:
I... I didn't understand half of this, and all I did understand was pretty off-topic. I don't even want to try to read it again. Use punctuation for the sake of all that's good. Take it as if it were mandatory to write properly.

I'm not saying TYPOS ARE FORBIDDEN, FORGET A COMMA AND YOU'RE BANNED, of course, just... Try your best. And stay on topic. I'm quite serious with this.

My deepest apology, I only wished to express my jealousy toward Japan as they get very cool exclusives, I wish that Capcom USA would hurry up with a somewhat more accurate release date(though I ended up writing my life story instead in a speaking manner). I don't know what Japanese fan did, but North American fans pushed really hard for Phoenix Wright to appear at Marvel vs Capcom 3 which finally grabbed Capcom's attention. They finally got the message that their fans don't want Phoenix to die yet. I am just being pissed and impatient, and only want "somewhat more accurate" release date. But sorry,It is only now i came to my sense that this is not the place to discuss that.

tvmadykid wrote:
If Dual Destinies does poorly then it is not because of the digital only thing. That is literally just a pointless way to blame capcom if the series does perform badly, if the series performs badly because its of the lack of interest. The only real market here is the current ace attorney fans, a non fan isn't likely to buy this game. That is an unfortunate fact, one which capcom have actually tried to overcome by releasing the original games on the wii and on ios.

Capcom really didn't do a great job on the ios port, The whole thing is really laggy as hell. It does not give the same experience as it did with the first port so that plan to attract new audience probably didn't work.
You are right about the non fan part, many of the games for Nintendo 3ds tend to be sequel to other franchise.It would be hard for a new person to understand one of those games without playing its previous title. Since Phoenix Wright is after all a small franchise in North America,maybe the numbers would be very different from Japan.
Unless some members of the fighting community decides to give it a chance after playing Marvel vs Capcom 3..but that probability would be pretty low.

ravensep wrote:

Capcom really didn't do a great job on the ios port, The whole thing is really laggy as hell. It does not give the same experience as it did with the first port so that plan to attract new audience probably didn't work.
You are right about the non fan part, many of the games for Nintendo 3ds tend to be sequel to other franchise.It would be hard for a new person to understand one of those games without playing its previous title. Since Phoenix Wright is after all a small franchise in North America,maybe the numbers would be very different from Japan.
Unless some members of the fighting community decides to give it a chance after playing Marvel vs Capcom 3..but that probability would be pretty low.

Yeah maybe they didn't do a great but that dosen't take away from the fact they actually made some form of effort to help promote the series. I never played the wii port but I dont think it was meant to be too bad.Phoenix in MVC was another nice touch to get phoenix into the minds of fans (however I feel this is unlikely to do much anway).

Ah, ravensep, that is MUCH better. Thanks a lot :)

I think we can all agree that Ace Attorney is in a make-it-or-break-it situation in the West... We need to buy the hell out of it, tell our friends, EVERYTHING!

I would even suggest us fans should do a fan campaign to promote the game on social media, as in YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Reddit, wherever the cool kids hang out these days.

I'm no spoony bard, I'll have you know!

DeMatador wrote:
I would even suggest us fans should do a fan campaign to promote the game on social media, as in YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Reddit, wherever the cool kids hang out these days.

I got a Facebook page about Ace Attorney that has over 1,000 likes and I've been trying to get more people to buy the games, and I've been posting a lot of news about Dual Destinies, so I think I've been helping somewhat.

EDIT: Wow this feels like a shameless plug

Athena Internet Defense Force

Well, that's solid but...I think we're all a little more pressed with what's in store for the series on this hemisphere...

Squirtle!

TheRedPriest wrote:

I'm glad that you're applying that you don't plan on buying it because it's digital to the entire fanbase. It's quite... "accurate".

I have some other words that i'd like to say to you but in the interest of being polite, I won't.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that the game is selling well. It's good news and hopefully a sign of good things to come!
Married to SnowWright! Father of Tornado of Souls!

Ugh, I'm nervous.

The sales and
Spoiler:
the ending of the game
mean that they're DEFINITELY going to make a GS6, but if they go GK2 on us and don't localize the game, it might mean the end of the franchise in the west.

This will be enough to ensure that this series goes on, thankfully, which is the first priority. Let's not all be pessimistic about Western hopes just yet, but for sure they can't expect to see strong sales figures like these without a physical release.

A Seeker of Truth

Excellent, this bodes well; the worst case scenario of no more Ace Attorney at all is out of the question thanks to Eishiro, and with these stellar sales, Capcom is all the more likely to push the series forward as much as they can. Granted, this only applies to Japan, but its still nice to know that in SOMEWHERE, ANYWHERE our beloved series will continue to thrive.

Still, in regards to the series' future in the rest of the world, I still feel a certain confidence in its prospects. Firstly, there's a fair chance that DD will have a physical run; not a garuantee of course, but it is not completely out of the question. Secondly, given the series' stellar fanbase (I'm looking at you, my fellow CR denizens :) ), I feel confident that even if sales aren't stellar, they should be quite profitable for Capcom regardless of whether it is digital only or not. Finally, there is the upcoming Professoe Lauton vs. Ace Attorney: while its not confirmed to arrive in NA and Europe, it has been heavily implied, and because of the Professor's popularity here, that will be likely to cause an increase in DD's sales. Things have been looking bleaker since Svens departure, I'll admit, but bearing all this in mind, I feel that us AA fans outside of Japan are not quite out for the count just yet :)
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

1000% Knight

DeMatador wrote:
I'm pretty sure anyone who considers themselves an AA fan would buy it even if it were a $40 iOS exclusive.

Hmm.... Learning an entire language just to play one game is one thing, but buying an iPhone/iPad? Seems like kind of a big investment =\

Anyway yaaaaaaaaaaaaay. It's great to see the series hasn't lost steam at all.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Fate Testarossa

bp bit

Anywho, the data is on the top.

Fate is made by クロス

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

Bad Player wrote:
DeMatador wrote:
I'm pretty sure anyone who considers themselves an AA fan would buy it even if it were a $40 iOS exclusive.

Hmm.... Learning an entire language just to play one game is one thing, but buying an iPhone/iPad? Seems like kind of a big investment =\

Anyway yaaaaaaaaaaaaay. It's great to see the series hasn't lost steam at all.

Yeah, It's much easier to learn an entire language than to waste one's beloved and precious money. :grey think:

I wish I WERE the best.

Excellent news. Pretty much guaranteed that the Ace Attorney series will continue in Japan, especially that Eshiro doesn't want the series to end away. Hopefully, AA:DD does this much success outside of Japan as well.

You want STARS? I'll give you STARS!

TheRedPriest wrote:

What's the big deal with DO? IIRC, Capcom made GS5 DO so that we could get the game earlier. Wouldn't you rather get the game this Fall, rather than get it next year (or later)? If the game manages to do poorly, it's totally because of Capcom's unpleasable fanbase that is never happy with anything they get. :yogi:
ImageImage

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Don't take me too literally when I say this, but I feel like punching you guys who say you're boycutting it because of Digital Downloads. DON'T YOU LOVE THE FRANCHISE!? What are you DOING!? Get out of that bubble of pride.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

I'm no spoony bard, I'll have you know!

Are there seriously people who won't download the game just because it's download-only?

Alright, here's my thoughts:

First off, are you out of your mind? Be glad we're getting the game in the first place. We haven't had any luck since Ace Attorney Investigations 2 and PL vs. AA weren't localized. It's a blessing that we're even getting a digital download consider how bad Capcom's track record has been with localizing games as of recent.

Secondly, you're missing out on the fifth Ace Attorney title. From what I heard the game is going to be absolutely fantastic and even better than titles like Trials and Tribulations. Not to mention that Phoenix is finally making his return as a lawyer after his disbarment in Apollo Justice.

And last but definitely not least, there's still hope. A physical release of the game down the line is definitely not impossible. All you have to do is download the game. If sales are as strong as they are in Japan right now, then there's no reason for Capcom not to strongly consider releasing the game in a physical format. Even then, we might get Ace Attorney Investigations 2 on the eShop.

All in all, if you're a true fan of the series, you'd download the game. Supporting the series means more games in the future, and more Ace Attorney is a good thing.

Sorry if that sounded a little mean-spirited but it's what I think.

What did he do this time...?

Quote:
We haven't had any luck since Ace Attorney Investigations 2 and PL vs. AA weren't localized.

PL vs AA is likely coming. Just not until mid 2014.

I completely agree with anything else you said.

Quote:

Half? Half? How many people are boycotting this? Half of all AA fans are going to let the series die at the cost of their want for a physical version? I don't buy it.
We are losing people with this, yes, but we are losing non-fans, likely not hardcore fans. Because if you are a true fan of AA, you won't let the series die now.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

FreeFurNawlz wrote:
TheRedPriest wrote:

What's the big deal with DO? IIRC, Capcom made GS5 DO so that we could get the game earlier. Wouldn't you rather get the game this Fall, rather than get it next year (or later)? If the game manages to do poorly, it's totally because of Capcom's unpleasable fanbase that is never happy with anything they get. :yogi:

Speaking of unpleaseable, ya'll should check the comments on every post the facebook page makes.
"Where's MAya?" "Where's gumshoe and ema?" "Give me a fucking physical release" oh my god.
Quote:

Whoa, half. I'm guessing by half you mean around 10%? Which, by the way, happens to coincide with the probable of non-hardcore fans?

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

Yes! I'm so happy. Ace Attorney is one of my favorite series and if it's selling well, this means more games will come. :edgy:

The Minecraft Attorney

Even if I don't have a 3DS and can't get Dual Destinies, I still hope to see more Ace Attorney games.

Good to hear that the GS5 sales are going well. :edgy:

Last edited by Glacius on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace Defective

If I only have millions of money, I'll buy multiple copies of Dual Destinies, just to show my support to the series. Sadly, I could afford only one copy. :c

I'm glad that it is going well in Japan. I hope it will do well in the West as well.
I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research.
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)
Page 1 of 3 [ 84 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes