Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 64 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Orion Acaba confirmed as Apollo Justice in Dual DestiniesTopic%20Title

Nice name, isn't it?

http://918thefan.com/2013/kanas-korner- ... ion-acaba/

(Skip to 16:25)

Recently IMDB has listed Orion Acaba as Apollo's English Voice Actor for Dual Destinies. Since then, Mr. Acaba has confirmed his role as Polly in a recent interview. What do you think? Is he a terrible pick for Apollo? Or will you wait and judge his performance after you've played the game? :odoroki:
For reference, Mr. Acaba also plays Gerome and Kellam in Fire Emblem: Awakening, Jonathan in Shin Megami Tensei IV, and Darnell Sellers in Trauma Team.
PSN: Davidgui | Wii U Username: D-Man218
Re: Orion Acaba confirmed as Apollo Justice in Dual DestinieTopic%20Title

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

D-Man wrote:
http://918thefan.com/2013/kanas-korner-interview-with-orion-acaba/

(Skip to 16:25)

Recently IMDB has listed Orion Acaba as Apollo's English Voice Actor for Dual Destinies. Since then, Mr. Acaba has confirmed his role as Polly in a recent interview. What do you think? Is he a terrible pick for Apollo? Or will you wait and judge his performance after you've played the game? :odoroki:
For reference, Mr. Acaba also plays Gerome and Kellam in Fire Emblem: Awakening, Jonathan in Shin Megami Tensei IV, and Darnell Sellers in Trauma Team.

I had never heard of him before this, but I heard a demo of some of his voices and I think he's a good fit. He sounds a lot like the Actor in GS4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k2RqhOcThM
Here's the demo someone else put up on Court Records. I think there are a couple voices in there that sound very much like Apollo.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

He does sound like a good fit. Good choice!

Mia Fey, Ace Attorney.

Personally, I like him! He has a pretty good voice range, and I think he'll do well as Apollo. It'll be easier to make an opinion once we've heard him in-game though. (If there's maybe a new demo or trailer at PAX, maybe we'll get to hear his Objection?)
"We never really know if our clients are guilty or innocent. All we can do is believe in them. And in order to believe in them, you have to believe in yourself."

Signature by MidnightJasper~

Shadow Magician wrote:
Personally, I like him! He has a pretty good voice range, and I think he'll do well as Apollo. It'll be easier to make an opinion once we've heard him in-game though. (If there's maybe a new demo or trailer at PAX, maybe we'll get to hear his Objection?)

Unfortunately it sounds like it was just the Comic-Con demo. I don't think anything new will be announced at PAX, sadly. Hopefully soon after.

Anyone know if there are any other big gaming conventions from now until December? If PAX is the last big one, Capcom might have wanted to wait and drum up interest at E3, Comic-Con, and PAX before announcing the release date.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Nice name, isn't it?

ADA McCoy wrote:
Shadow Magician wrote:

Unfortunately it sounds like it was just the Comic-Con demo. I don't think anything new will be announced at PAX, sadly. Hopefully soon after.

Anyone know if there are any other big gaming conventions from now until December? If PAX is the last big one, Capcom might have wanted to wait and drum up interest at E3, Comic-Con, and PAX before announcing the release date.

New York Comic Con is happening on October 10-13. If the game doesn't come out before then, we might get some new news at that point in time.
PSN: Davidgui | Wii U Username: D-Man218

I finally got around to listening to that interview. Keeping in mind he's not going to be as "into it" in an interview as in the middle of a sound recording, I thought his Objection was pretty cool! If he deepened his voice a bit it would sound very much like AJ.

Shut up, Hitler

Pretty cool how the actor's name is Greek mythos-inspired like Apollo's.

I'm going to save my final judgments for when we get to hear his voice in an official trailer or something. Based on his previous voices and the interview, he sounds like he would make a pretty good Apollo. I'm excited to hear his voice in a trailer sometime soon!

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

His first voice in the youtube video, i can visualise excited Apollo aha!

Anyone considered looking at his twitter to get an hints about the rest of the voice cast? Sam Reigal was retweeted a few times, just thinking maybe some others would be on there, but who knows.

"Lies, forget them." - Auron

irishmarcoos wrote:

Anyone considered looking at his twitter to get an hints about the rest of the voice cast? Sam Reigal was retweeted a few times, just thinking maybe some others would be on there, but who knows.

Here is his Twitter. He pretty much only confirms his role and has no hints to who else is in the cast.
"I wish I was Stevie Wonder so I never have to see you again." - Filthy Frank

I'm fine Sir!

The guy is multi -voiced. Depending on his role he can adjust his voice accordingly. I can't do a fair judging unless I hear him as Apollo for realll.

Last edited by Iris-Ciel44 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Johnathan wrote:
irishmarcoos wrote:

Here is his Twitter. He pretty much only confirms his role and has no hints to who else is in the cast.

I know, sorry, it was meant to come across as a rhetorical question, i had seen his twitter already, hence i knew about the voice director :pearl:

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

:holdit:

If Acaba is Justice, and Riegel is Wright, who will be Cykes?
Spoiler: Blackquill
And for Blackquill, I think Nolan North.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Heh heh.

D-Darnell!? O_o

I've heard a few of his voice clips before, as well... I think I'll reserve judgment for when I hear something a bit more official.

And ARGH I forgot to ask Mr. North about that earlier... I blame hunger, excitement, and impatience brought about by long lines and heat!
So I finally grew a brain and remembered to give myself a signature... Whoopee.
Snackoos IRL. They are delicious and are covered in real chocolate. #so-grateful-I'm-Filipino

Excuse me if I contradict myself. I do that.

世界中

He sounds like he's quite versatile with his voice, so I don't think I can I say for sure how he'll sound in the game. But if it's anything like the last voice from his video I'll be happy :phoenix:

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

9mayasato9 wrote:
D-Darnell!? O_o

I've heard a few of his voice clips before, as well... I think I'll reserve judgment for when I hear something a bit more official.

And ARGH I forgot to ask Mr. North about that earlier... I blame hunger, excitement, and impatience brought about by long lines and heat!

And Athena? Can you identify her voice?
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Text of Steel!

aplab23207 wrote:
:holdit:

If Acaba is Justice, and Riegel is Wright, who will be Cykes?

I will be amazed if your prediction is right since I have never heard him take his voice in that range that Blackquill is in

Heh heh.

aplab23207 wrote:

In my opinion, her voice fits. For now :yogi:

EDIT: Oh. Gosh. I need to wake up a little. No, I can't tell exactly who voiced her. I'm not that good, and that wasn't what I meant by judgment earlier anyway xD

Lennyoh wrote:
aplab23207 wrote:

I will be amazed if your prediction is right since I have never heard him take his voice in that range that Blackquill is in

I heard his normal speaking (over the din, anyway) voice earlier. I personally think he could do it, if he wanted to, but I'm not so sure it's him.
Snackoos IRL. They are delicious and are covered in real chocolate. #so-grateful-I'm-Filipino

Text of Steel!

9mayasato9 wrote:
aplab23207 wrote:

In my opinion, her voice fits. For now :yogi:

EDIT: Oh. Gosh. I need to wake up a little. No, I can't tell exactly who voiced her. I'm not that good, and that wasn't what I meant by judgment earlier anyway xD

Lennyoh wrote:
aplab23207 wrote:

I heard his normal speaking (over the din, anyway) voice earlier. I personally think he could do it, if he wanted to, but I'm not so sure it's him.

After hearing Troy Baker's voice for Joker I will never fully doubt the real extent of a voice actor's ability to play with their voice. That will just be one more thing I will learn if it really is North

Before you believe me, please feel your

Can't wait of the voice actor of the judge.

I can't really say anything about his voice. I haven't played any of the games listed here with his voice in it and google didn't list any more roles for him, so I suppose I've never heard him before.

C-A

Prosecutor

I don't know what to say.
The Italian version of Apollo Justice is totally different, but It seems He's a great voice actor....I hope He can do a good work.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

jayvdale wrote:

I'm betting on Rick May.

jayvdale wrote:

I'm sure (and hope) they'll use the guy who voiced the judge in UMVC3!

"Order in the court! Objection overruled!"

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

irishmarcoos wrote:
jayvdale wrote:

They don't.

aplab23207 wrote:
irishmarcoos wrote:
jayvdale wrote:

They don't.

And you know this... how? Considering no English promo footage has the judge's voice in, you can't be certain.
If you meant he doesn't have a voice, he does in the cutscenes.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I think Athena's voice actress will be Jennie Kwan (Compare Athena's "Hold it!" to one of the Suki lines in the season finale of Avatar season 3)

I was reading the gamefaqs forum for DD, and someone pointed out that both Orion Acaba and Sam Reigel were used by Cup of Tea Productions for other games, and both appeared in a game called "Tales of Xillia". So I bet it would be a good bet that the actors for the other roles have been in other Cup of Tea voiced-games before.

El Psy Congroo. 8)

Oh nice! He voiced that one British(?) guy in Trauma Team. :hotti: I am excited to hear how he will sound as Apollo Justice. :D

He sounds pretty funny in the interview. I think its a good choice for Apollo :tennis:

From that interview(and that "Objection!"), they made a good choice. I can definitely hear him as Apollo. :odoroki: :think-think-think:

Now we just need a release date. :ka-whip:

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Prosecutor Jen wrote:
From that interview(and that "Objection!"), they made a good choice. I can definitely hear him as Apollo. :odoroki: :think-think-think:

Now we just need a release date. :ka-whip:

And Athena's and Blackquill's VA's. Any guesses on who they are? For Athena, I guessed Jennie Kwan (she also played Suki in Avatar)

GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie's co-council

I'd like to know who will be the VAs for Athena, Blackquill, Fulbright and the Judge. I don't care about Apollo xD

Spoiler: GS5 spoilers
Is it true that Blackquill never speaks in any scene? If that's true, his VA will only dub the "Objection!" that we already heard and the "Shut it!". I would be a little disappointed.

I'm not English. Excuse my grammar errors.

Heh heh.

SweetieBot wrote:
I'd like to know who will be the VAs for Athena, Blackquill, Fulbright and the Judge. I don't care about Apollo xD

Is it true that Blackquill never speaks in any scene? If that's true, his VA will only dub the "Objection!" that we already heard and the "Shut it!". I would be a little disappointed.

... If the above is true, then I have a sneaking suspicion that Blackquill's VA will instead be Edgeworth's old one.

9mayasato9 wrote:
SweetieBot wrote:

... If the above is true, then I have a sneaking suspicion that Blackquill's VA will instead be Edgeworth's old one.

If by Edgeworth's old voice you mean his AA1-3 and AAI voice, then it's highly unlikely, since they were not a proper voice actor.

irishmarcoos wrote:
9mayasato9 wrote:
SweetieBot wrote:

If by Edgeworth's old voice you mean his AA1-3 and AAI voice, then it's highly unlikely, since they were not a proper voice actor.

That sounds like a terrible reason. I don't see why it has to be a 'proper' Voice Actor if the lines to be said aren't that difficult.

C-A

Heh heh.

That would be why I suggested it; if Blackquill's not getting voiced in the cutscenes, then his only lines would be "Objection!" and "Shut it/Silence/however they translated Damari na!". Edgeworth, in the past, had only four voiced lines, tops--- more than Blackquill. It stands to reason, then, that Blackquill'd be among the main characters, if not the only, without a proper (and therefore more expensive) VA.

If this is true there is no way that Capcom would pay a professional to say five or fewer words because it would be ridiculous. I can't see Edgeworth's old actor being used though due to how recognizable his voice would be in relation Edgeworth. I could see another Capcom employee being used in a case like this though. Obviously if this is wrong and Blackquill is significantly voiced then a profession would certainly be used.

"Lies, forget them." - Auron

Defender123 wrote:
If this is true there is no way that Capcom would pay a professional to say five or fewer words because it would be ridiculous. I can't see Edgeworth's old actor being used though due to how recognizable his voice would be in relation Edgeworth. I could see another Capcom employee being used in a case like this though. Obviously if this is wrong and Blackquill is significantly voiced then a profession would certainly be used.

Well he can't be used since he no longer works for Capcom. Seon King left Capcom back in October of 2011. Coincidentally enough, the original English voice actor for Phoenix Wright also left Capcom.
"I wish I was Stevie Wonder so I never have to see you again." - Filthy Frank
Page 1 of 2 [ 64 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes