Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 5[ 168 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Dual Destinies release day!Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

UPDATE: The game's launch trailer is now available!

Calling all attorneys - this is not a drill! No, not even a Gavin hair drill. After three long years, the English-speaking world finally gets a chance to step back into court with today's release of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies! The game will be going up on eShops around the world throughout the day - for those in North America, you can expect to see it up around 12 PM EST.

When Apollo Justice was released back in 2008, I don't think any of us thought it'd take quite so long to get the next chapter of the Ace Attorney saga. We've had our sidetracks with frilly prosecutors and gentlemanly professors (whoops, guess that one's next year), but with the release of Dual Destinies, the series is back in full form.

As always, the Court-Records forums are open for business - head over to the Themis Legal Academy sub-section to chat anything and everything DD-related, or present your evidence - sorry, fanworks - in our creative forums. All are welcome, old and new, and the C-R staff is committed to making sure this our site is a fun and friendly resource for you all. (Fun and friendliness will be enforced by Proto Badger squads as appropriate.) Our only request? Keep the spoilers tagged, and be cool, people!

I could carry on more, but really - there's testimonies that need cracking and defendants that need saving. See you all in court!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Dual Destinies release day!Topic%20Title

Quite a glorious day it is

Thanks Bolty, that was an awesome post, and thank you and the rest of the awesome staff team that keep this great website up and running.

I have not been part of the Ace Attorney fandom for too long, it's only been about 2 years for me, but those 2 years have been freaking awesome, and when i first heard about AA5 in September 2012, I was pretty dang excited.

I know I don't post here very often, but I do lurk a lot, you guys kinda feel like a 2nd family, and I hope that I can get a chance to post more, and get to know you guys.

Thanks C-R, can't wait to play this game.

I plan to do a review of it when I get a chance, but for now I need sleep, and when I come home tomorrow I will download and play the heck out of this ^^

I just blue myself

Wow, it's really been that long, hasn't it? I'm kinda excited! I'm a little worried how it will turn out, especially seeing that Shu Takumi was a bit iffy about bringing back Phoenix but hopefully, they make it work!

Looking forward to it!
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

But in all honesty, META humour sucks.

I'm too excited to sleep. I almost want to stalk the eshop just in case they make it sooner

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I'd just like to add that the forums have gained a beautiful banner.

It's still technically the day before, here in Japanifornia. I'm probably gonna have trouble falling asleep to rise early tomorrow.
Yay, finally I can stop being secretive! Imma gonna blab everything... in spoiler tags.

So much to look forward to these days...
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

zydrate comes in a little glass vial~

ALL SYSTEMS ARE GO.
I REPEAT.
ALL SYSTEMS ARE GO. :karma:

Only 7 more hours for Europe. :godot:

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I said some of this in the post about the Japanese release back in July, but I'll restate it again.

I was introduced to Ace Attorney through Apollo Justice. I bought it about a week after it was released because I read a Nintendo Power story about it, and as a Law & Order fan a law game sounded cool. It ended up being one of the best gaming experiences of my life. I loved the characters: Apollo, Trucy, Klavier, and of course Phoenix. I experienced Phoenix differently than most; most played the original trilogy first, meeting Phoenix as an inexperienced lawyer and then seeing him suddenly switch to a quiet, strange piano player who seemed to aggravate Apollo as much as help him. I on the other hand, met the older Phoenix first, then went back and lived through his early days. It was great to go back and see the origin of this character I had met in AJ, and it meant that since the AJ Phoenix was the first one I "met" I didn't have some of the issues others did with Phoenix's development.

I played through the 4 available GS games and then waited anxiously for GS5. Over the years AAI and PLvsAA were announced, and while those were both awesome announcements, I was still anxiously waiting for the return of Apollo. Then GS5 was announced in January 2012 and after that news seemed to just speed by really fast. It's weird we're finally here. It's weird that when I play through a marathon Turnabout Succession won't be the final chapter anymore.

I had a lot of ideas for what I wanted in a GS5, most of the time I just was waiting for a GS2 for Apollo. The course that GS5 took was surprising, but I'm glad it turned out the way it did. I see the return of Phoenix, the character I played most throughout the games; Edgeworth is back; And of course, Apollo is back. The new characters seem great. I think it's going to be a very enjoyable experience.

I'm not able to buy it tomorrow; Earliest I'll be buying it is early November. That's ok; I still have to finish GK2, the manga, and Apollo Justice first. But I'm so excited that I'll be able to finally see the return to the "apollo" era and the return of the classic GS gameplay.

With that, I say

:objection:

And have fun playing, everybody! I know I sure will!
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Art Person

I knew the release'd be the 25th! It's 24/10 5:10PM where I am right now... I've checked every hour for the past 17 hours... Was having a day off from school all for naught? Or will we at least get an 11PM release!? Only time will tell!

Let's Play the Tape Again

For me it should release somewhere around 10:00 am, when I'm in school. At least that means that I'll get it for sure when I get home. No waiting then. I've never been this hyped for a game before, and I love the feeling!

Got distorted by the vodka something idk

I'm just going to say that the site just got a bit more beautiful now! Oh, and the obvious fact that I can't wait to get the game tomorrow. Of course, being on the west coast, I kinda won't be able to download the game until the afternoon since I'm in school at 9:00 AM, but nonetheless, I'm ready to get the game tomorrow!

SuperAj3 wrote:
I knew the release'd be the 25th! It's 24/10 5:10PM where I am right now... I've checked every hour for the past 17 hours... Was having a day off from school all for naught? Or will we at least get an 11PM release!? Only time will tell!

Well, the Australian eShop has the same update time as the European one. So that'll be 0:00 for you.

Well it should be the 24th everywhere in America. It hasn't released on the Australian eShop yet.

I just went on the eshop just in case and it told me a title on my wish list is now available. Seeing as its the only game on my wish list I got really excited. But apparently still nothing. I feel kinda let down :larry:

Edit: It also on the main menu has a NEW banner above the game.

Edit 2: Oh look a review

http://www.gamesradar.com/phoenix-wrigh ... es-review/

Blah!

We've been having some lively discussions about the game in the IRC channel lately. We'll probably create a spoiler channel soon once some of us finish the game (probably by the weekend). Please don't talk about spoilers in the main channel.

The channel is #courtrecords at irc.dynastynet.net

If you already have an IRC client installed, you can click this.

If you just want to use a web IRC client, use this Mibbit link.

Most people (including me soon) are sleeping at the moment, so don't expect much activity right now.

Art Person

ashxu wrote:
Well it should be the 24th everywhere in America. It hasn't released on the Australian eShop yet.

Yeah, I've been eagerly checking and awaiting it! I had a feeling it'd be around 11PM/Midnight for us, so that's OK! I can wait :redd:
Not really :larry:

sooo good!

Have people been able to get it yet? I still haven't had any luck . . . T_T

You want STARS? I'll give you STARS!

Oi, I hoped there would have been a midnight release! That's why I woke up so early... :yuusaku:
It's alright, though~ I guess we'll be seeing a release at around 10 am or so?
ImageImage

Grr I wish they would just say what time it'll be out. I don't want to spend all day refreshing the eshop but I also don't want to have to wait for it any longer than necessary, I mean I've already been waiting for this game for 5 years, isn't that long enough?

hope no one took the day off
still not in the eshop

I like Trains

Still not out in Australia. Come on eshop, get it together!

It's still 15:00 UTC+2 for Europe and Australia. So 20 minutes at least.

It's out! Can't wait till I can play it now!

Yep. I'm downloading it as I type.

DOWNLOADING!!

God I wish I had a 3DS.

Blah!

Out in Europe (and by extension, Australia, judging by a post above) only for now. Seems like it won't be out in NA until noon EST, which is a bit less than three hours from now.

Last edited by blahmoomoo on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just finished downloading the game. Goodbye, guys.

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

That's odd... People saying that it's released now even though it still says "Coming to Nintendo eShop"
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Ace Defective

BonnyMono wrote:
That's odd... People saying that it's released now even though it still says "Coming to Nintendo eShop"

It's release in Europe and Australia. For those who have US 3DS, we have to wait 12 pm EST US time.
I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research.
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I AM DYING OVER HERE I NEED THIS GAME RIGHT NOW. :zennybw:
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

Seasoned Animator

Downloading...

What's the average time for a download like this?
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Not sure. But when I downloaded Pushmo, it was about 1-2 hour at minimum. (It depends on the size.) I recommend putting your 3DS on sleep-mode instead of watching the download.
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

It's around 4000 blocks. It took my 3ds around 15-30 minutes I'd think.

Seasoned Animator

Game get!

Took about 25 minutes for me. Playing now!
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter

alethea_dike wrote:
BonnyMono wrote:

It's release in Europe and Australia. For those who have US 3DS, we have to wait 12 pm EST US time.

That sucks. I woke up this morning hoping to download it before I went to work. Now I guess I have to wait a little longer. :sadshoe:

For those who have experience with the e-shop, what'll happen if I have the e-shop app open when they update it for Phoenix? Will it change from "coming soon" to "buy now", or will I have to reboot the program?

Blah!

Rognik wrote:
For those who have experience with the e-shop, what'll happen if I have the e-shop app open when they update it for Phoenix? Will it change from "coming soon" to "buy now", or will I have to reboot the program?

There is nothing indicating that the page refreshes itself as you are looking at it. You may be able to exit and re-enter the game page to see the updated listing though.

世界中

It's out now in Australia, but I'm about to go to bed so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to play (;_;)

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Good to hear people already have the game!

Only two hours to go here in the US!
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.
Page 1 of 5 [ 168 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes